Laughing Paradox Skins - Cecilia Reyes (5.6.17)

Started by laughing paradox, January 21, 2009, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi LP,

Great stuff!!  I really like the amazon and white tiger. 

I think we have similar tastes in characters.

Respectfully,
Io

laughing paradox

Thanks, folks!  :thumbup: I'm glad you enjoyed them.

So, I wanted to show what I was working on, because I've been in a groove.

This is a personal favorite project of mine because I love the storyline these characters were in (Captain America: Superia Stratagem) and always wanted to create them myself. These skopes were started a while ago but I finally got around to skinning or updating them.

We got Wrangler, a skope off the Vigilante mesh by Renegade, Snapdragon, Superia, Mysteria, Iron Maiden and Ice Princess.

There are a few more I want to include before they get released.

Oh, and this is something I got to do yesterday. I've enjoyed this character since Todd MacFarlane reinvented her in his Spider-Man book all those many years ago. I was always bummed out that she didn't make a proper appearance on the Spider-Man Animated Series. There was a character that was much like Calypso, but she became more of a were-cat than a voodoo priestess. I liked the idea that Calypso was so evil she sacrificed her own sister to gain more powers.. that's really terrible stuff. It was refreshing to see a truly evil villain. Most villains have a motive that people could somehow relate to.. but Calypso is just bonkers.

I think I'm going to work on the face a bit before she's released.

detourne_me

yowzers! these ladies are looking good LP.
The colours just pop!

AfghanAnt

murs47

You've been a busy bee behind our backs? -_-

All kidding aside, these look great. Especially Wrangler.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Great colors, amazing work with the highlights and custom faces. I liked them a lot!

USAgent

Jeeze LP, these are incredible!  I am familier with the whole Femizon story line as it was one of my favorite reads back in the day, and to say these are perfect is pretty much spot on.  I love how you gave Mysteria her mist sticks, and Wrangler looks awsome, but my Favorite has to Snapdragon and Calypso.

deano_ue

laughing paradox

Thanks muchly, everyone. I'm kinda proud of this set and it's cool to hear other people dig them, too.

Quote from: USAgent on January 05, 2011, 04:00:06 AM
Jeeze LP, these are incredible!  I am familier with the whole Femizon story line as it was one of my favorite reads back in the day, and to say these are perfect is pretty much spot on.  I love how you gave Mysteria her mist sticks, and Wrangler looks awsome, but my Favorite has to Snapdragon and Calypso.

Those Cap books were the best. There are definitely still some Cap-related characters I want to do. (Nomad, D-Man, Vagabond, etc.) Snapdragon is one of my favorites, as well. I always loved that design... I'm surprised she wasn't used more in comics.

herodad1

i liked the books of the 4 man team-up. the captain, v-man, nomad, and falcon.

blobula

Awesome skins and skopes, LP !
I liked the Superia Stratagem storyline too. Any plans for Battleaxe ? or Pink Pearl ? :D
Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

BentonGrey

These are some really lovely ladies LP!  Those are just some fantastic skins and skopes.  I think Iron Maiden and Wranger are my favorites.  You did really nice work on Wrangler's shirt and guns.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

laughing paradox

Thanks, guys. :)

I wanted to show a comparison of one of my first skins, versus a recent update.

Gladiatrix

I ended up doing a few more of the Femizons.

And Hoss20 skoped up a pretty cool head piece for Nikki from the Guardians of the Galaxy. (MUCH better than my own previous attempt)

And.. they're all released.

Swingman

Cyber Burn

Another great update LP. You can really see the difference between your older and newer skins. :thumbup:

martialstorm

Love the Femizons JP, I like how you have made their facial structure distinctive.

Well done :thumbup:

USAgent

Love those Femizons, espically Ferocia- Perfection!   
The newer skope for Gladiatrix is better, but I prefer the brighter sharper green of your earlier skin, its just more eye catching in the game.
Battleaxe and Poundcakes costumes are perfect, too bad they couldnt be put on a bulkier/muscular mesh body. They both have huge "man bodies" in the comics.

laughing paradox

Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I know Poundcakes and Battleaxe should have more of a man's body, but I couldn't figure out how to go about it and I wanted to just release them. Maybe in the future I'll be able to update the skopes properly when I get a good basis for it. All the female_muscular type of meshes are still distinctly female.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 29, 2011, 05:06:47 PM
Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I know Poundcakes and Battleaxe should have more of a man's body, but I couldn't figure out how to go about it and I wanted to just release them. Maybe in the future I'll be able to update the skopes properly when I get a good basis for it. All the female_muscular type of meshes are still distinctly female.

Have you looked at Tommyboy's Stompa_tf?

Podmark

Nice skins LP. I like seeing the now and then shots. Always nice to see how people have improved.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

These are great LP!  It looks like you're putting together some nice skopes and some even nicer skins.  I really like Ferocia and Niki.  These are all excellent. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

laughing paradox

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 29, 2011, 05:16:17 PM
Have you looked at Tommyboy's Stompa_tf?

Cyber, you genius.. now where were you when I was starting this up? ;) I totally forgot about Tommyboy's Stompa (which is silly, since Poundcakes is kind of based on Stompa) and it's perfect. I'm going to reskope it when I can. Thanks a lot.

Thanks guys.. I'm a fan of the before and after pictures, too. The first skin I ever really attempted was Ten from the Royal Flush Gang and I really would like to try an updated version of that.

Cyber Burn

Just watched the Batman Beyond episode with the Royal Flush Gang, I've always liked the concept of the characters. So of course I wouldn't mind seeing an updated Ten (or any others as well).  :D

Johnny Patches

nice work LP!! glad to see your still kiccking them out..

Sioux City Dynamo

Great stuff LP.  Really needed these ladies for the rumble room!!   :thumbup:
Io

laughing paradox

John Jr.

Amora is looking great, LP. I loved the bright colors and your choice to the hair.

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Xenolith

Wow!  One of your best efforts.  The face is great.