News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

C6's Excellence of Epidermis - Unstoppable!

Started by Courtnall6, January 11, 2009, 03:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figure Fan

Quote from: Megatallica on January 17, 2009, 11:11:55 AM
hey c6 i just remember what i wanted you to reskin, it was thor, i remember when you first skined him (along with the other versions), in my opinon it was the best thing at the time :thumbup:
also
phoenix + dark
mastermind
and toad
:thumbup:
Maybe you can add it to your todo list
So you think it over lol :lol:
Its funny, i was thinking someone should skin hellboy to go with this awesome abe sapian
http://figurefan88.googlepages.com/index

Zippedee-doo-da! A link to my skins page? And someone thinks Abe is awesome?! Haha!

Why, thank you. :) He's the movie version, but I think he kind of works as the comic version since he's on that mesh.

Courtnall6

Your Abe is a sweet skin FF :cool:

If I skin the rest of the Hellboy cast...they would all be the comicbook versions.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

AfghanAnt

These really look like your art style and I love the folds in the clothing.

detourne_me

holy crow... clean.  thats the best word to describe your current skins C6.
they just look so smooth... are you using a higher resolution for the skins?  will they be released in dds?

Courtnall6

Another 2...

Spoiler

Quote from: detourne_me on January 18, 2009, 03:15:00 AM
holy crow... clean.  thats the best word to describe your current skins C6.
they just look so smooth... are you using a higher resolution for the skins?  will they be released in dds?

DDS and TGA releases. I'm not sure how to save DDS files without them looking like crap though :(. Anyone know the right way to do it?

I use 24 bit resolution on all my skins. The 2 above are 32 bit due to using alphas.

Podmark

There's something I'm really not liking about Sea Urchin's face. The original one I found looked cute, but this one looks kind of inhuman. I think the problem lies with the less round eyes and the overemphasize of the skin highlights. Instead of a cute round wide eyed face, her face looks sharper with a pointed chin and check bones. Makes her kind of look old.

Man o war looks great though, and the rest Sea Urchin I like.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deano_ue

Quote from: Courtnall6 on January 18, 2009, 06:16:44 PM

DDS and TGA releases. I'm not sure how to save DDS files without them looking like crap though :(. Anyone know the right way to do it?

I use 24 bit resolution on all my skins. The 2 above are 32 bit due to using alphas.

save the dds as 32 bit ARGB with no mips maps clicked

well thats what AA told me and it's worked brilliant so far, the only problem i've had is with alphas i have to flatten the psd save the dds and then un-flatten the psd

Courtnall6

Tweeked Sea Urchin a bit....

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on January 18, 2009, 06:42:06 PM

save the dds as 32 bit ARGB with no mips maps clicked

well thats what AA told me and it's worked brilliant so far, the only problem i've had is with alphas i have to flatten the psd save the dds and then un-flatten the psd

Thanks UE...DDS looks great now! :cool:

Podmark

The skin looks much better now Court. I'm still not wild about the face. What I would do is try de-emphasizing the nose, go for something softer. And the eyes I would make them less wide (which I realize conflicts with what said above) go for a rounder shape and probably cut down that eyelash thing at the end. I might also try making the mouth a little wider and softening the indents at each end.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Courtnall6

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Courtnall6

Quote from: Podmark on January 18, 2009, 09:54:47 PM
Now that I like!

Good...I was running out of gas on her! :P

Here they are again folks...now with more cuteness!

lgmss

Love these skins C6; Bullet is my fav so far but all of them are great.
"Zack: You never know when a mod mob gorilla will strike you down. You could be minding your business gliding in midair down the boulevard when suddenly a huge and very fresh purple hand will wrap around your most personal of areas."

Figure Fan

Irrational should be ashamed of themselves :lol:

These skins are much MUCH better than the originals. Geez..they aren't paying you yet?

:P

Lunarman

Whoa look at her little face, adorable.

You know, we'll have to do a comparison with Irrational and your skins, to see the marked difference :)

BentonGrey

Wow C6!  I've been too busy to comment on these, but they really are quite extraordinary.   Great work!  Man 'O War is one of my favorite characters, and it is nice that his is also one of my favorite of these skins.  That face is quite spectacular.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Gremlin

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 19, 2009, 04:27:17 PMMan 'O War is one of my favorite characters...

Wow, who'da thought? :p

C6, these are AMAZING. I love Law and Order, and Man O' War's face is fantastic. Can't wait for more!

Outcast

Great skins as usual C6! If only the guys at Irrational could see those Freedom Force skins of yours. :)

BentonGrey

Quote from: Gremlin on January 20, 2009, 08:37:19 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on January 19, 2009, 04:27:17 PMMan 'O War is one of my favorite characters...

Wow, who'da thought? :p

C6, these are AMAZING. I love Law and Order, and Man O' War's face is fantastic. Can't wait for more!

Believe it or not, that predates my interest in Aquaman, although I imagine both things spring from the same root.  (I'm a coastal boy at heart, even trapped up here in the frozen north)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

triviaman

I just realized something.
I can tell that a skin is by C6 by looking at the eyes.
Icicle and Javelin.<br />Icicle: So.. Javelins.. Isn't that like Captain Boomerang except you have to pick them up when you are done?<br />Javelin: So.. Ice-powers.. Isn't that like Captain Cold execept nobody gives a crap about you?

Courtnall6

Here are some skins that kept me from finishing Liberty Lad and Eve. :P

Spoiler

Aquaman: New hair and scalemail (same as Man O' War).

Colossus: On proportionate mesh...Beyonder's male_muscular_squarehead_coat mesh...AKA Colossus!

Captain Marvel: Plain old update.

Captain Marvel Amalgam: Captain Marvel + Captain Marvel = Captain Marvel!

Vertex

I'm so sorry C6 but that captain marvel mesh you updated.............is SOOOOOOOOOOOO out of date
I'd show you the replacement.. but you'd kill me.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Vertex on January 29, 2009, 03:15:07 AM
I'm so sorry C6 but that captain marvel mesh you updated.............is SOOOOOOOOOOOO out of date

Yeah why not use the skope I made? Or even use a new mesh by Vertex?

Courtnall6

Aww...I won't kill ya too bad...I promise!

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 29, 2009, 03:17:03 AM

Jeez...no love for poor old Captian_Marvel69. :( :P

I didn't know about your skope AA...I'll have a look.

Vertex

umm AA I can't comment on your scope but the "new" mesh.. hasn't been released yet... which is why I'm telling him :P

in fact every character there I've done.. except the lower right.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Vertex on January 29, 2009, 03:22:19 AM

umm AA I can't comment on your scope but the "new" mesh.. hasn't been released yet... which is why I'm telling him :P

Go with Vertex's new unreleased mesh what I actually was just guessing about instead. I'm sure it's phenom.

Courtnall6

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 29, 2009, 03:28:44 AM
Quote from: Vertex on January 29, 2009, 03:22:19 AM

Go with Vertex's new unreleased mesh what I actually was just guessing about instead. I'm sure it's phenom.

Alright alright...stop twisting my rubber arm!

Johnny Patches

Mr C-6 any date for a release on those skins you've done?
by the wey i've skoped a pretty decent kraven the hunter i see you skinned already