AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

I like the blog a lot. Good job.

Tomato

... Is it wrong that I want to DL that Luthor so bad I'd kill Superman to do it?

Podmark

Wow that Thor comparison just shows how far you've came in such a short time. I'm liking the blog, seems so much more personal than these threads tend to be...which I guess is the point of blogs.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

docdelorean88

Dude, seriously? You retire and then some of your best work surfaces(not that the last 3 weren't great. Still love spiderboy by the way.)? I see how it is... :( JK :D Great stuff, great supes(both) and great lex! Can't wait to see more.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on April 20, 2009, 03:26:46 AM
The image doesn't seem to enlarge on your blog so I can't see the finer details of the skin. I agree with you a hundred percent about how they handled Linda Danvers and the intro of Kara. She was my favorite incarnation of SuperGirl and then they dumped her. :(

Yeah and then having Linda be taken to hell and act out of character lately has been a total mess. Also I fixed the link on my blog. :)

Blkcasanova247

Very...very cool big guy. ;) You did a fantastic job with her.
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Jakew

I really like that Superman ... I thought I'd be over him by now seeing as (as you mentioned) he's one of the most skinned characteres in FF.

I hope you continue to release your work. It's amazing.

AfghanAnt

Close-up of my recent work:
Spoiler

laughing paradox

Really great stuff, AA. I like the tattered look on the cape and the highlights look great.. the only problem is, your link doesn't work properly!

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 22, 2009, 01:05:57 AM
Really great stuff, AA. I like the tattered look on the cape and the highlights look great.. the only problem is, your link doesn't work properly!

Fixed! Thank, LP.

Podmark

Very very nice.
This isn't the skin that Spectre Lad previewed a while back is it?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on April 22, 2009, 01:31:46 AM
Very very nice.
This isn't the skin that Spectre Lad previewed a while back is it?

It was just a skope I did for SL but I thought I wouldn't skin it. Turns out I eventually did.

Blkcasanova247

TAP43

That is a fantastic job,  :D I really like all the Superman stuff you have been doing. Any other villains of his you plan on doing, so I can take them off my to do list?  :rolleyes:

Lunarman

docdelorean88

AA, i think these are some of your best skins to date! It has a nice ballance between cartoon and realistic. Kinda the vibe i got from the mtv spiderman(which i liked enough to get a few dvds). Despite the plots and all the other junk, they had a nice blend of edgy cartoon and simply realistic. Your last few skins have done that but 200 time better. Great work and can't wait for more!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

AfghanAnt

Quote from: TAP43 on April 22, 2009, 02:36:11 AM
That is a fantastic job,  :D I really like all the Superman stuff you have been doing. Any other villains of his you plan on doing, so I can take them off my to do list?  :rolleyes:

Right now just Superman's family and the three main Adult LSH'ers. Other than that nothing but two avatars for forum members. After that who knows, I still want to finish Marvel Boy but everytime I start working on him I just go "blah" and stop.

Quote from: docdelorean88 on April 22, 2009, 02:46:09 PM
AA, i think these are some of your best skins to date! It has a nice ballance between cartoon and realistic. Kinda the vibe i got from the mtv spider-man(which i liked enough to get a few dvds). Despite the plots and all the other junk, they had a nice blend of edgy cartoon and simply realistic. Your last few skins have done that but 200 time better. Great work and can't wait for more!

Thanks for the huge compliment. That realistically cartoony is my skinning philosophy. :)

Xenolith

I like this new twist to your style.

XPTO

Man thats awesome! what was that about retiring? this is some of the best skins i´ve ever seen, can´t wait to see more. ;)

laughing paradox

The 3 main Legionnaires.. as shown in Legion of the 3 Worlds? The designs under Geoff Johns? That would be super.

Who else is in Superman's Family that you've yet to do?

billdamn22

These newest are amazing works of art as everybody else has stated. That Luthor just blows my mind, though. Unbelievable!

freedomgod55

i like all of them aa keep up the good work  :thumbup: p.s. when will you release them

darkknight92

I'm glad that retirement didn't suit you.  :lol:

AfghanAnt

My favorite of the SuperFamily members, Conner Kent!

Blkcasanova247

Very cool! :thumbup: The only critique that I have for it is that he needs belt loops and center seaming/stitching down the back of the jean. Maybe I might move the hair on the sides of his head forward a shake...from the front view it looks like the sides are shaved. IMHO. ;) Or maybe thats just the mesh.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on April 23, 2009, 05:24:21 PM
Very cool! :thumbup: The only critique that I have for it is that he needs belt loops and center seaming/stitching down the back of the jean. Maybe I might move the hair on the sides of his head forward a shake...from the front view it looks like the sides are shaved. IMHO. ;) Or maybe thats just the mesh.

Updated on my blog.

Podmark

There's my boy! I miss him so very much.

Glasses are a nice touch.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deano_ue

I wondered what was taking you so long with him. the skin looks fantastic, though i feel though you've used little i think there is to many fabric folds, i remember conners shirt was drawing quite tight with little to none.

honestly with the way you're skoping i was quite interested in what mesh you went with

AfghanAnt

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on April 23, 2009, 07:21:21 PM
I wondered what was taking you so long with him. the skin looks fantastic, though i feel though you've used little i think there is to many fabric folds, i remember conners shirt was drawing quite tight with little to none.

honestly with the way you're skoping i was quite interested in what mesh you went with

Yeah I didn't the tight shirt with abs and really didn't like it. It felt wrong for some reason.

This mesh is skoped from Ink's Superboy and Renegade's Luke Cage (v3? I need to double check the readme), he's been resized to Superboy Prime height so he has the football player build but not as tall as Superman.

tommyboy

Some great stuff AA, as ever.
The blog is pretty good too.
Glad to see you still have the skinning/skoping bug, but don't understand how you can keep getting better...