Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 04, 2016, 03:30:37 AM
Good news! I got most of the WW originals back but I'm missing a few tgas and need to reskin some stuff. It is probably going to take a while to compile but I am definitely releasing these bad boys and I hope you guys like them. They are 3+ years of skoping, skinning, and thinking. :)

That's really awesome to hear! Did you find that you stored a lot of them on another drive, or were they uploaded somewhere?

Either way, I cannot, friggin' wait to download them! :thumbup:

I absolutely love yours and Unko's original characters. :wub:

Doom2099

windblown

AfghanAnt

The Shepard / The Man with the Golden Voice
Emotional manipulation via speech

Gravita / Madame of Motion
Control over gravitational forces

Gargoyle / French national
Flight, stony skin, and sonic wails

Fractal Girl / Korean national
Rudimentary 4-D manipulation which manifests as self similar duplicates / unconciously creates "bad luck" effect when doppelgangers are near her

Cacus / Aboriginal Australian
Nuclear emissions

Beef / German national
Bovine strength, fantastic speed

Magmaman / Maori New Zeland national
walking volcano, magma, lava, and smoke control

Kirin / Fractal Girl
Living 4-D matrix (space/time manipulation)
- I wanted to play with the idea of the Phoenix/Jean Grey but make it as true to what I wanted for these guys.
- I need to finish up her fans and I'll be releasing them and a ton of fxs I put together. 

deanjo2000

Im in awe of your skinning work.
I love the ideas behind them too :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Bloodshadow

spydermann93

Absolutely stunning, AA. :wub:

It's going to be like Christmas when these are released :D

BentonGrey

These are really excellent AA!  I think my favorite may be The Shepard.  I like the King Tut beard, it adds a little something to his design.  I also like the new addition.  She's got a neat look, a bit aquatic, and I love the iridescent costume.  I think she needs a bit more touch up around her decolletage, as the gold of the trim blends in with her skin.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

WyldFyre

Every time you preview your skins I am amazed.  The faces and colors are just beautiful to behold.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Podmark

Those are all really great AA. Love your design work.
I think Fractal Girl and Magmaman are my favourites.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 01, 2016, 08:16:14 PM
I also like the new addition.  She's got a neat look, a bit aquatic, and I love the iridescent costume.  I think she needs a bit more touch up around her decolletage, as the gold of the trim blends in with her skin.

Agreed on the gold.  Fractal Girl's new persona is based on Marvel Girl becoming the Phoenix.
Her codename and look comes from the Kirin or Qilin:

The kirin is one of the legendary four beasts (along with the Phoenix). I thought it would be a cool costume to have scales, flame like fur, and fish f-is. I've been thinking about my Second Genesis team lately.

Should have these ready by Saturday when I get back from Colorado. Just need to zip up the files and host them.

BentonGrey

Very neat, AA!  I like the inspiration quite a bit.
God Bless

detourne_me

:wub:
I love them all AA,  but Fractal Girl and Kirin take the cake,  I love the use of Asian mythology!  Fun fact, these days Qilin in Korean means giraffe! I can really see it now, too,  traditionally Asian dragons have softer, rounded horns, similar to giraffe antlers, and the long neck is also pretty indicative of Asian dragons.  Hey,  aren't the Q-Men in your universe referred to as Chimeras, as well? (as opposed to mutants)  That's a pretty cool connection to make.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: detourne_me on June 02, 2016, 02:22:49 PM
:wub:
I love them all AA,  but Fractal Girl and Kirin take the cake,  I love the use of Asian mythology!  Fun fact, these days Qilin in Korean means giraffe! I can really see it now, too,  traditionally Asian dragons have softer, rounded horns, similar to giraffe antlers, and the long neck is also pretty indicative of Asian dragons.  Hey,  aren't the Q-Men in your universe referred to as Chimeras, as well? (as opposed to mutants)  That's a pretty cool connection to make.

Yup! I almost named her Chimera but started doing research and fell in love with the Qilin.

AfghanAnt

Preview to the second generation.

spydermann93

Looks awesome, AA!! :thumbup:

Any plans for analogues to X-Men villains (excluding Magneto, obviously :P)? I'm really liking these alternate takes on these characters and I just love looking at their designs :thumbup:

windblown

wow, I love them! I think The Shepard and Magmaman are my favorites.

Second generation looks promising :)

BentonGrey

Ohh!  That's really neat, AA.  What a great peak behind the curtain!  :D
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 04, 2016, 04:34:04 PM

Agreed, it's really awesome to see the evolution of a Character go from Paper Drawing to 3D Rendering for FFvt3R. Honestly, though, I'm really looking forward to seeing your release, not just for those amazing Skins and Skopes, but I'm seriously looking forward to checking out your new FX's. They've always been really well done, and inspire me to try and step my game up a bit more.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 06, 2016, 03:55:44 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on June 04, 2016, 04:34:04 PM

Agreed, it's really awesome to see the evolution of a Character go from Paper Drawing to 3D Rendering for FFvt3R. Honestly, though, I'm really looking forward to seeing your release, not just for those amazing Skins and Skopes, but I'm seriously looking forward to checking out your new FX's. They've always been really well done, and inspire me to try and step my game up a bit more.

Agreed! I've been excited for these characters and FX for so long, I don't even recognize time anymore :wacko:

AfghanAnt

Spoiler
Releasing these noon PST tomorrow.

spydermann93

YES!!! SO MUCH YES!!!! :thumbup:

I love the mask for "Dark" Kirin! Can't wait to make some hero files based on these guys :thumbup:

AfghanAnt

daglob

As the saying goes, "We are not worthy". Truly beautiful work.

deanjo2000

Just love everything to be honest, 2nd generation looks very promising. Please do some villians :thumbup: I'd love to see your take on a juggernaut type character.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

AfghanAnt

A couple hours late BUT they are ready for download. Visit freedomforceuniverse.com to grab the pack. Let me know if you have problems. I was trying to QA everything before I released. :)

Quote from: deanjo2000 on June 12, 2016, 07:19:41 AM
Just love everything to be honest, 2nd generation looks very promising. Please do some villians :thumbup: I'd love to see your take on a juggernaut type character.
I'm actually going to scrap the second gen to work on villains. I realized Wendigo works better as a villains any way. You'll see the other designs used for a different part of my universe though. :)

spydermann93

*frantically runs to go get download, falls; can't get back up*

*cries*

EDIT: Well, I finally got to check everything out, and I'm loving it! The characters seem to fit very well with the vanilla Freedom Force characters, which is great! It will be fun to take them out on missions :D  The FX look really beautiful, too! They fit the characters so very nicely.

One thing, though, is that all of the FX point to the Steam version's data folder, so the people not using the Steam version will have to change the directory for each of the FX. It's simple enough, but I just thought I'd point it out.

All you have to do is just set "library" as the root folder and place your FX in the main game's "Data/Art/library/fx" folder, and you should be good to go!

Anyways, I'm going to get back to playing more with these amazing new characters!