News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Universe Online

Started by Midnite, January 11, 2009, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Hey guys, wondering what time you people go on. The Freedom Reborn league is up on Zero Hour.  ^_^

Tomato

Zero Hour? kewl. I'm getting my copy patched now, I'll be setting up my characters in a bit.

I'll probably set up Ch'nybe as my hero character initially (rather then Tomato) just because I'd rather wait until later when there's more options available for design.

Midnite

Add me on friend's list and message me.

bredon7777

Quote from: AncientSpirit on January 12, 2011, 05:55:18 PM
Have you guys seen any difference between the servers yet?   And is anyone using a wired Xbox 360 controller with the PC.  I've been reading about some problems.

I'm using a wireless 360 controller with no problems.  A huge improvement over the keyboard/touch pad I was using in beta.  The game even tells you which button to hit.  Some of the controls are mapped a little counter-intuitive though.  In particular, I wish I could figure out how to remap the controller, as I hate that the L3 is the Travel toggle (I keep accidentally hitting the toggle while moving around).
[/quote]

Can you share how to set it up so I can use my 360 controller, thanks!
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: Midnite on January 19, 2011, 07:30:32 PM
Hey guys, wondering what time you people go on. The Freedom Reborn league is up on Zero Hour.  ^_^

I'm on generally after 9pm est and on weekends for a few hours both days around mid-day. My main toon is now 16th. How do I join the FR league?
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

daerdevil

Quote from: bredon7777 on January 20, 2011, 02:48:52 AM

Can you share how to set it up so I can use my 360 controller, thanks!

For the wireless you need a special adapter which is hard to find in stores these days.  I found one on ebay for about $13 and it worked just fine.  Plug the adapter in, turn on the controller and start DCUO.  The game automatically detected it.  The downside, is no remapping of the controls to my knowledge and of course shelling out $13 to get a Microsoft product to work with a PC (ironic, in my book).  As for wired controller, I think you can just plug them in.  Just a side note, the play n' charge kits don't work....they literally just draw a charge via the USB port to charge the battery.

Midnite

Guys, need suggestions for membership titles. There is 10 titles.

bat1987

My Amazon pre-order got fixed. Got my Batman code, will be getting the game on monday (since my Amazon copy went to a friend in US).

Since apparently you can change servers, I'll be playing on the US ones.

daerdevil

We could go w/ a military approach:
1. General
2. Colonel
3. Major
4. Captain
5. Lieutenant
6. Warrant Officer
7. Sergeant
8. Corporal
9. Soldier
10. Recruit

Heroic terms:
1. Paragon
2. Legend
3. Idol
4. Champion
5. Guardian
6. Super Hero
7. Hero
8. Adventurer
9. Sidekick
10. Recruit

Villain terms:
1. Conqueror
2. Subjugator
3. Dominator
4. Vanquisher
5. Lord
6. Taskmaster
7. Villain
8. Outlaw
9. Brigand
10. Criminal

Mafia style:
1. Capo Crimini or Capo de tutti capi: The super boss / bosses of bosses
2. Consigliere: The advisor/ family counselor
3. Capo Bastone or Underboss: 2nd in command
4. Contabile: Financial advisor
5. Caporegime or Capodecima: Lieutenant, typically heads a faction of 10 or more
6. Sgarrista: foot soldier
7. Piciotto: Lower-ranking soldiers
8. Enforcer
9. Button Man
10. Giovane D'Honore: Mafia associate, typically a non-Sicilian or non-Italian member

Midnite

Let's start setting up dates for raids, alerts, and arena. I'll post it up on the league's MOTD. Give a 2-3 days notice, so we can give advance notice to league members.

bredon7777

Quote from: Midnite on January 23, 2011, 08:01:17 PM
Let's start setting up dates for raids, alerts, and arena. I'll post it up on the league's MOTD. Give a 2-3 days notice, so we can give advance notice to league members.

Whats a MOTD?
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

bat1987

The BlackDragon on Zero Hour.

Toss me an invite :cool:

bredon7777

Some questions

1) I keep running out of "mana", I guess- how do I increase that/get more. I know the Cola works ..but not all that well
2) How do you keep your appearance from changing every time you swap out a costume piece that has better stats?
3) how can i keep from being knocked back so much - its kind of nauseating watching myself get blown back 50 yards every time i get hit

JeyNyce

1) I keep running out of "mana", I guess- how do I increase that/get more. I know the Cola works ..but not all that well
- The more you fight (left or right mouse click) the more your "mana" will build up

2) How do you keep your appearance from changing every time you swap out a costume piece that has better stats?
- Press "I" on the keyboard will bring up your inventory.  Clicking on the mask will bring up your costume.  From there you can change it and then lock it down, so when you add something it will not change your look

3) how can i keep from being knocked back so much - its kind of nauseating watching myself get blown back 50 yards every time i get hit
- Blocking is your friend and learn to use counter moves (usually holding the left or right mouse button)

Blkcasanova247

What happens once you hit 30th lvl? And how the heck do I send an INVITE? :angry:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

JeyNyce

What happens once you hit 30th lvl?
This video will give you some ideas

And how the heck do I send an INVITE?
Press "O" to open the social, look up your friend and there should be an option for invite

Midnite

Invite to the league or a group?

Midnite

In Lex We Trust

Possible trailer for new content this month?  :o

bredon7777

Ok, can someone walk me through the process of getting the good armor now that I'm level 30?

Also, anyone respec yet? Im thinking of changing some things around and want to know how it works.

Midnite

Quote from: bredon7777 on February 01, 2011, 04:52:34 PM
Ok, can someone walk me through the process of getting the good armor now that I'm level 30?

Also, anyone respec yet? Im thinking of changing some things around and want to know how it works.

QuoteTable of Contents

1.) Types, Prices, and where to get the Funds

2.) The Heroes Iconics

3.) The Villain Iconics

SECTION ONE: Types, Prices, and where to get the Funds

Basiclly there is 3 types of iconic armor and 1 subiconic set.  Each takes a diffrent currency that you get from diffrent things.

The Types Are:

PVE Tier 1

Cost: Mark of Triumph

Total: 400 for Set

PVE Tier 2

Cost: Mark of Distinction

Total: 400 for Set

PVP Tier 1

Cost: Influence

Total: 1700 for Set

PVP Tier 2

Cost: Mark of Victory

Total: 810 for Set

SECTION TWO: The Heroes Iconics

Each Hero Mentor provides a diffrent collection of iconic armor sets.

The Hero Mentors are:

Superman

Origin: META

PVE Tier 1: Speed-Force Spectrum

PVE Tier 2: House of El Warsuit

PVP Tier 2: Nth-Metal Battlesuit

Batman

Origin: TECH

PVE Tier 1: STEELsuit MK-1

PVE Tier 2: Dark Specter Batsuit

PVP Tier 2: Raptor Infiltrator

Wonder Woman

Origin: MAGIC

PVE Tier 1: Fate's Faith

PVE Tier 2: Hera's Strength

PVP Tier 2: Aegis of Eternity

General

Origin: ALL

PVP Tier 1: Archangel

Also you can purchase pre-tier PvE set from your Renown vendors in you wings. They cost Mark of Allegiance and cash.

daerdevil

For those living in a cave (Batcave?):

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1147019p1.html

February content update (Catwoman, Valentines, and auction house).

bat1987

Nice, they announced monthly updates, but didn't expect it this soon. Looking forward to it.

Midnite

Source link

QuoteLEGEND PRICING FOR LEGEND PLAYERS - 02/04/2011

It's been an exciting month for us at DC Universe Online, with so many players creating their legend and trying to become the next ultimate hero or villain. Metropolis may be under siege and Gotham City in peril, but an overwhelming number of you have stepped up in their defense!

In appreciation of you pioneers we are going to be offering the chance to lock in an extraordinary promotional rate of only $29.99 for the 3-month DC Universe Online Legend Plan. That's over 25% OFF the regular 3-month subscription plan price of $41.99! You'll even be able to keep that rate for as long as you are actively subscribed and watch the savings pile up! You really won't want to miss out on this great opportunity! The new rate will be available on February 8th so look out for it!

Lock in your savings as soon as you can once its available! Here's why....

You'll need lock in this rate prior to the end of the 30-day subscription included with your software purchase, or by March 1, 2011 (when the promotion ends), whichever comes first. Why? – because if your current subscription plan kicks in before you choose the Legend Plan, the $29.99 rate wont apply until after your currently selected plan ends.

AncientSpirit

Quote from: daerdevil on February 01, 2011, 06:54:36 PM

Wow!   that was me in that cave.  had no idea this was coming.    good news too, because my main - SolarEnergy Man - is just a shade shy of 30 now, and ready to join you big boys for the 30-action I've always been locked out of until now ... (hopefully tonight).

But I'd ALSO like an answer to Brendon's question about respec.   Since some of my powers I barely use ... and I while I tried to get into a second power for the extra passive pluses, it didn't work for me.  Got the first power in the martial arts tree (to compliment my brawling) ... but when I went for the 0/3 passives, they just didn't take.   What am I doing wrong?
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

Midnite

Quote from: AncientSpirit on February 04, 2011, 09:21:56 PM
Quote from: daerdevil on February 01, 2011, 06:54:36 PM

Wow!   that was me in that cave.  had no idea this was coming.    good news too, because my main - SolarEnergy Man - is just a shade shy of 30 now, and ready to join you big boys for the 30-action I've always been locked out of until now ... (hopefully tonight).

But I'd ALSO like an answer to Brendon's question about respec.   Since some of my powers I barely use ... and I while I tried to get into a second power for the extra passive pluses, it didn't work for me.  Got the first power in the martial arts tree (to compliment my brawling) ... but when I went for the 0/3 passives, they just didn't take.   What am I doing wrong?

You have to invest 3 powers before getting access to passives.

bredon7777

Ok, let me rephrase my earlier question- how do those of us who cant invest 10-20 hours a week in the game get the good armor?

Midnite

Best way I can think of is doing all your duos and start doing only Area 51 and Ace Chemicals, since those are the easiest hard alerts. Should get around 20ish marks of triumph.

JeyNyce

We have a hero group.  Do we have a villain group?

Midnite

Don't have it setup yet. Are going to use Evil Reborn then?