News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Universe Online

Started by Midnite, January 11, 2009, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Hmm... how does Ventrilo work? The in-game voice chat is messed up. Courtnall6 did my strategy work for you?

Edit
Nevermind about the strategy I suggest for you. They changed the boss fight in this latest patch. Just tried the mission again.

Courtnall6

Ya I noticed that. I took her down in my first attempt after the patch. :D

Anyone else having a graphical glitch where you can't remove the style of gloves from your hands? It seems to happen mostly with the weaponized gloves. Changing the style ingame does nothing...I often have to exit the game and it's back to my original selection after that. I submitted a bug about it anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was the Primary Weapon style option that was screwing me up. :P
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Midnite

Courtnall6, I was going to suggest checking your primary weapons.  :P

New patch is out, 2.1GBs.

Patch notes 12.20.10

Courtnall6

I'm liking the patch so far. The new style interface is much better and we can now edit the colours! Yay!  :thumbup:

Midnite

Quote from: Courtnall6 on December 21, 2010, 04:32:22 AM
I'm liking the patch so far. The new style interface is much better and we can now edit the colours! Yay!  :thumbup:

Don't forget they have emotes now and locking your costume pieces.  :thumbup:
I notice half my skill points are gone now. Also was able to play for 1/2 hr, now I'm just getting disconnect issues.

bat1987

Downloading new patch atm. I only took screen of one of my toons, will update later
Some of you remember my Champions main Black Dragon, well here's his DCUO version
Spoiler

Midnite

the company announced DC Universe Online is coming Jan. 11, 2011 for both PC and the PlayStation

Also offering lifetime subscription for $199.
Don't think the game is ready for release, but if they can fix all the bugs by Jan 11th it would be awesome game.

JeyNyce

$199 for lifetime.....I'm in.  If I start saving now I should have enough by the time the 30 day freebie ends.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Midnite

DC Universe Online Pricing & Availability FAQ

QuoteGet ready to step in to the DC Universe™ as it comes to life online!  DC Universe™ Online, the first action MMO for the PC and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system has "Gone Gold" and will be available beginning on January 11, 2011.

The game that has everyone buzzing around the globe is almost here.  DC Universe Online will be available through most games retailers throughout the US and Europe (including PAL Territories) as well as through several of the most popular game download sites in the US including STEAM®  and IGN Direct2Drive®.  The retail version of the game includes 30 days of game time and gamers can opt to purchase game time membership packages at the end of the first 30 days.  Converting an account to an active, entitled membership  does require a valid credit card or game time card/PlayStation®Network card (where available). Membership packages  are available in 30, 60, 90 and 180-day multi-month discount packs as well as a 1-year pack on both the PC and the PS3™ in the US.  Plus, a Lifetime membership is also available for PC only.  Also, for those playing on the PC version of the game, DCUO will be included in SOE's all-in-one Station Access subscription.  Here are the game play subscription packages available in the US:

US Pricing and Game Play Subscription Packages:

Suggested retail pricing: USD $49.99(PC) and USD $59.99 (PS3)

* 1 Month - $14.99
    * 3 Month - $41.99
    * 6 Month - $77.99
    * 12 Month - $143.99
    * Lifetime Subscription - $199.99 (Available on PC only)

In Europe, the game will officially be shipping throughout the PAL Territories on January 12, 2011 and in the UK and Ireland on January 14, 2011.  Since the game is an MMO, it does require an active subscription after the first 30 days, which are included as part of the retail purchase.  Converting an account to an active game membership  requires a valid credit card or game time card/PlayStation® Network card (where available).  Here are the game membership packages available in PAL:

Europe/PAL Territories Game Play Subscription Packages:

* 1 Month - €12.99
    * 3 Month - €34.99
    * 6 Month - €64.99
    * 12 Month - €124.99 (Available on PC only)
    * Lifetime Subscription - €179.99 (Available on PC only)

electro

I was a little worried about the quality of the graphics on the PS3 version vs the PC - After playing both versions I thought the PC definetly looked better & was leaning torward the PC but, the latest patch for the PS3 seems to have boosted the graphics up a bit - So now i'm happy & am getting the game for the PS3 - Not gonna get the lifetime subscribe because some months I might play CoX - Ow & about that new patch - The new cutsceens look great with Jim Lee's art - I wouldn't mind if they invited more well known comic artist to do future expansions :blink:

Edit : Just realized that the lifetime is for PC only so I guess I couldn't get it anyway ^_^

Spe-Dog

The lifetime subscription just seems to be the smartest way to go if you can get it all together at once.  I'm hoping that the crash/lock issues that cropped up yesterday are addressed soon.  Too many things down right now for any full gameplay.
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

Tomato

Lifetime subscriptions are awesome for me. I play sporadically on MMOs, and I only might want to play two days one month and then straight through the next... I don't want to worry about having to set up a payment anytime I wanna just log in.

So yeah, if/when the effing thing will let me, I wanna put in for a lifetime.

That said, I was wondering if anybody had ideas as far as teams to put together... obviously we're going to do the overall FR group like with CoX and CO, but since this IS a DC MMO I was thinking about doing something coordinated... like having a bunch of "minion" characters breaking off and forming their own group (Ex. the character I created is called Yin Yang, and ninja working for Two Face). One of the niceties about having a MMO set in the DCU is that no one is going to care about having a million joker thugs or alternate reality batmen or whatever running around.

Reepicheep

But that won't stop the wolverines.

Courtnall6

bat1987

One thing I'm hoping for is that there won't be separate servers for EU and US.

Midnite

QuoteQuote from Chris Cao

"To give everyone a fair, fresh start, we're going to end the world one more time just before launch. Jim Lee and our friends at DC are going to join us in a live, end-of-beta event where players will fight alongside and against the iconics as Brainiac's menace yet looms. Players will be able to experience what would've happened had they followed in the footsteps of the cinematic and battled each other instead of fighting to save Earth. It will be an epic end and thank you for beta. And it will set the stage for the real struggle to come in live."

Aww.. boo-urns to electro, getting the PS3 one. By the way 1 onn1  PvP fights are held at Centennial Park at the Superman statue. Beta server 3.

Tomato

bat1987

AncientSpirit

Quote from: Midnite on December 21, 2010, 04:37:40 PM
the company announced DC Universe Online is coming Jan. 11, 2011 for both PC and the PlayStation

Don't think the game is ready for release, but if they can fix all the bugs by Jan 11th it would be awesome game.

I'm sold.   Just placed my pre-order on Amazon.    Wonder if it it will come with the pre-order bonuses, which are still listed on the page.     

AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

JeyNyce

So when this comes and everybody starts playing, do you want another section created on the forums for this game?

daerdevil

Quote from: AncientSpirit on December 23, 2010, 02:09:47 PM
Quote from: Midnite on December 21, 2010, 04:37:40 PM

I'm sold.   Just placed my pre-order on Amazon.    Wonder if it it will come with the pre-order bonuses, which are still listed on the page.     

I lucked into the Gamespot beta, and received my Christmas laptop early, and am having a hard time putting this game down.  The MMO subscription thing is a big turnoff, but with this lifetime subscription, I think I've just taken a big swig from the bucket of Kool-Aid.

Tomato

Quote from: JeyNyce on December 23, 2010, 02:13:16 PM
So when this comes and everybody starts playing, do you want another section created on the forums for this game?

yes.

electro

Quote from: Midnite on December 22, 2010, 04:02:59 PM
QuoteQuote from Chris Cao

"To give everyone a fair, fresh start, we're going to end the world one more time just before launch. Jim Lee and our friends at DC are going to join us in a live, end-of-beta event where players will fight alongside and against the iconics as Brainiac's menace yet looms. Players will be able to experience what would've happened had they followed in the footsteps of the cinematic and battled each other instead of fighting to save Earth. It will be an epic end and thank you for beta. And it will set the stage for the real struggle to come in live."

Aww.. boo-urns to electro, getting the PS3 one. By the way 1 onn1  PvP fights are held at Centennial Park at the Superman statue. Beta server 3.

Well to be honest I bought this PS3 a few months ago just for the game because I didn't think my comp could run the game at full strength - When I got a PC beta invite I saw that I could - So I could go either platform which was cool - Now I find out my brother is getting a PS3 for Christmas & Preorder of DC from his wife *secret* - So PS3 it is - Who better to watch your back in a PvP battle than your bro :blink:

JeyNyce

It really would have been nice to have the PC & PS3 gamers play together on the same server, but I guess it would take a lot of work for that to happen

Spe-Dog

I'm still deciding on whether I should finally break down and get a PS3 so I can play this on my 72 inch TV or stick with it on my 17 inch laptop...curse you DC and your seductive MMO.
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

JeyNyce

Talking with two of my buddies and they are not interested in the game.  They like it but they feel that it gets old fast, because all you do is run around and fight heroes/ villains.  One of the things that was mention was that there is no form of crafting.  Now, I'm thinking: Do I really want my hero/ villain on the sideline making weapons?  How funny would it be to see Batman crafting because he needs more bat-a-rangs.  What do you guys think?  Also, I feel that this is not a true MMO, but more of an Action RPG.

UnkoMan

Batman I could see crafting. Almost every other super hero? No thanks...
Doesn't MMO mean massive multiplayer online? True, it isn't point and click, but I think the general consensus is it's better that they did it this way, because we could just as easily be playing CoX or Champions. This way there is variety in what online super hero games one plays.

Though, personally, I play these games solo. I wonder if they will ever come out with a customizable super hero game you can play by yourself... oh wait.
Uh, but as an action game. Even actionier than this. Like Arkham Asylum but with a customizable character. I would buy that.

Courtnall6

DCUO is trying to break new ground in MMOs here. I love that the game is more action oriented like Spider-Man Web of Shadows. It's basically killed my interest in any other MMO were I can't use a controller. Point and click with a keyboard just isn't working for me anymore.

I found crafting to be useless in CoH and Champions...especially Champions. I hope DCUO steers clear of it.

Courtnall6

I'm curious what they plan to do with the Green Lantern powers set once it's added. After fighting with the GLs against the Sinestro Corps...I gotta say I'm very excited for it. Will we be able to make a GL right away you think? Or would we have to get to a certain level first or a certain amount of rep with the Lantern Corps? I'm kinda hoping for the latter...simply to cut down on the immediate mass numbers of Green Lanterns' there would be. Getting to be part of the Corps should be more of a great achievement rather than "just joining up". But that's me. :P

AncientSpirit

I haven't gotten into the game far enough to run into the Green Lanterns -- but that sure would make a great expansion set.   So would the Legion of Super heroes in the future and alternate DC universes.   
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!