-6 power sets will be available for beta:
Gadgeteering
Fire
Ice
Nature
Mentalist
Sorcery
2 power trees for each power set
- there will be some iconic powers available like heat vision, frost breath, captain marvel`s bolt etc.
-When asked about GL power set, they said they are working on the light power set which will emulate power ring, but it wont be in beta
-There will be 10 different weapon types
-No cross platform play (this is actually old but not sure if it was posted here)
-There will be a respec option.

Cardmaster

Quote from: JeyNyce on August 06, 2010, 01:08:52 AM
A friend of mine is in the beta and he is loving the game.  I guess I'm going to pick it up when it comes out, even if I just play it for the first month

Are you sure he's in the beta? Jim Lee just said on Twitter that the beta hasn't started yet...
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

JeyNyce

Quote from: Cardmaster on August 07, 2010, 04:12:14 PM
Quote from: JeyNyce on August 06, 2010, 01:08:52 AM
A friend of mine is in the beta and he is loving the game.  I guess I'm going to pick it up when it comes out, even if I just play it for the first month

Are you sure he's in the beta? Jim Lee just said on Twitter that the beta hasn't started yet...

This is what he's telling me.  He's in the DC beta & the Lego beta.  He could be in the VIP.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

bat1987

Evil Phoenix

Does anyone knows it would be free each month or not ? just its big problem to play games that cost money each month,almost impossible
DC: Red Hood,Nightwing,Kyle Rayner,Rorschach,Batman Beyond.
Marvel: Punisher,Cable,Spider-Man,Wolverine,Iron Man,Blade
Star Wars: Darth Revan,Darth Vader
Power Rangers:Black Dino Ranger,Koragg,Gold Zeo Ranger
Other: Nero(DMC),Vergil(DMC),Jason Voorhees(F13),Kenny(Obscure 1-2),Jigsaw(Saw Movies)

bat1987

Its pay to play, 14.99$ a month.

Evil Phoenix

Other: Nero(DMC),Vergil(DMC),Jason Voorhees(F13),Kenny(Obscure 1-2),Jigsaw(Saw Movies)

Evil Phoenix

When Beta Would be Released ?

bat1987

Closed beta should be starting soon, open beta will prolly be near the launch to test the servers.

Evil Phoenix

Quote from: bat1987 on August 30, 2010, 07:09:36 PM
Closed beta should be starting soon, open beta will prolly be near the launch to test the servers.

what is the difference between open and closed ?

Reepicheep

Closed beta generally comes first, where only certain, hand-selected players (such as oldest forum members, pre-order bonuses, those who have signed up for closed beta earlier on) have access. Open beta comes after, when everyone has access.

Personally, I avoid both and play the real thing.

Evil Phoenix

my english is not perfect ,you mean your not going to play full game ? or what

lugaru

Quote from: Evil Phoenix on August 30, 2010, 09:04:16 PM
my english is not perfect ,you mean your not going to play full game ? or what

Closed Beta: people the company choses get to play an unfinished version of the game.

Open Beta: pretty much anyone who wants gets to play a close to finished version of the game.

JeyNyce

So is anybody going to pick this game up?

Reepicheep

I just might, time permitting.

MJB

I'm still on the fence. I want to pick this up but there are a couple factors. I want to see how deep the character creator tool is. I'm also curious if a PlayStation Plus membership gets you a discount or what.

I have enough money on my GameStop account to pick this up. Just waiting to see if I get in the closed beta to kick the tires...

bat1987

Quote from: MJB on August 31, 2010, 05:52:15 AM
I'm also curious if a PlayStation Plus membership gets you a discount or what.

I`m not entirely sure but I could`ve sworn that I read somewhere that it doesn`t, but like I said I`m not 100% on this.

JeyNyce

I want to get this game, but I can't see myself paying $15 a month if I'm not going to play it all the time.  I wish they had lifetime membership.  LOTRO & CO has spoiled me.

Dr.Volt

Soooooooooooooooo has the beta started then?

JeyNyce

No the beta has not started.  My friend is not in the beta.  He's in the Lego beta.  Sign up now for the beta, they might pick you.

lugaru

3 things will get me to buy this game

- Lots of visual options
- Lots of power design options (Champions Online has me really spoiled)
- A decent mission variety

Already I'm interested with the fact that you can make villains (I wonder when Champions will catch up with DCU and of course COX) and while I was not that interested in the DC universe before, I've been hooked on all the great cartoons and DVD's so now I would love to fight alongside the Justice League.

Mr. Hamrick

There is one thing that is bothering me about this game and I hope it will not be the case.

While I enjoy the thought of playing alongside Batman, what about the rest of "the Bat family"?  I don't mean specifically Robin.  I mean The Question, (both versions would be nice but doubtful its doable), Black Canary (sorta a spinoff via Birds of Prey), and others. 

More importantly, what if I want my character to be more inline with the likes of Phantom Stranger or John Constantine.  Especially Constantine.  I assume there will be magic based characters in the game as well as the ability to create magic based characters, right?

I keep thinking about this game as a great way to introduce the casual or even sporadic DC fan to some of the lesser known DC characters.  It's a great way to help garner interest in various potential DC movies and would help Warner Brothers perhaps be persuaded not to screw up with the DC stuff so much.  (ok, i can wish on the last part!) 

The point... while The Question and some lesser known DC characters have been included in the game... and I am assuming lesser villains... what will the role of the lesser known characters be.

JeyNyce

I would be excited if Static & Icon were in the game.

Reepicheep

I think it is very likely that most (better-to-mid known) DC characters are or eventually will be included in the game.

Evil Phoenix

Heroes that would be in game at the moment

Adam Strange
Ambush Bug
Animal Man
Aquaman
Atom
Azrael
Batgirl
B'wana Beast
Batman
Batwoman
Beast Boy
Black Canary
Black Lightning
Blue Beetle
Booster Gold
Brainiac 5
Captain Atom
Captain Marvel
Congo Bill
Creeper
Cyborg
Doctor Fate
Elongated Man
Etrigan the Demon
Fire
Firestorm
Flash
Grace
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Hawkgirl
Hawkman
Huntress
Maxima
Martian Manhunter
Metamorpho
Nightwing
Plastic Man
Power Girl
Question
Raven
Ravager
Red Tornado
Robin
Sgt. Rock
Spectre
Spy Smasher
Starfire
Steel
Supergirl
Superman
Swamp Thing
Tasmanian Devil
Vigilante
Vixen
Wildcat
Wonder Woman
Zatanna

Villains

Ares
Bane
Batzarro
Bizarro
Black Adam
Black Manta
Black Mask
Blue Snowman
Brainiac
Captain Boomerang
Captain Cold
Catwoman
Cheetah
Cheshire
Circe
Clayface
Clock King
Cyborg Superman
Darkseid
Deathstroke
Doctor Poison
Doomsday
Firefly
General Zod
Gentleman Ghost
Giganta
Gorilla Grodd
Hades
Harley Quinn
Heat Wave
Hush
Joker
Key
Killer Croc
Killer Frost
King Shark
Lex Luthor
Livewire
Lobo
Mad Hatter
Man-Bat
Maxie Zeus
Merlyn
Metallo
Mongul
Mr. Freeze
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Mr. Zsasz
Ocean Master
Parasite
Penguin
Poison Ivy
Prankster
Prometheus
Ra's al Ghul
Riddler
Scarecrow
Silver Banshee
Silver Swan
Sinestro
Solomon Grundy
Tattooed Man
Toyman
Trickster
Two-Face
Ultra-Humanite
Ultraman
Ventriloquist
Zoom

Iv Heard that pre order version allow you to play few missions as Batman,been rumors that GL powers would be in final game,bad that i dont have chance to play it,but stillhope to try beta,yeah and Kevin Conroy as Batman,and Hamill as Joker

bat1987

Quote from: Evil Phoenix on September 01, 2010, 08:57:09 AM
Iv Heard that pre order version allow you to play few missions as Batman

Not missions, only in special PvP arenas, although missions would be cool too.

UnkoMan

I read Ambush Bug and didn't have to read any more. Awesome.
Being a huge DC fan, I totally freakin' love this based on idea... and it's visually splendid. I don't know about play style yet though, obviously. The weapons focus thing is really weird. Do that many super heroes really have weapons?

Anyhow, I do hope for beta as well. Oh man, the Corpse hanging out with the Creeper would be awesome.

Spe-Dog

I've signed up to be part of the beta but have not heard back either way.  I am going to pick this up whether I get to be in the beta or not but I am on the fence as to whether to get it for PS3 or PC.  Any suggestions or preferences there?
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker