News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Universe Online

Started by Midnite, January 11, 2009, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm out too.  I have neither the time nor money to dedicate to more than one online game, and I'm firmly with CoH right now.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Midnite

Quote from: Midnite on June 16, 2010, 11:19:22 PM
DCUO screenshots
Just checked out the the screenshots on the official site. Costume choices looks good so far.

E3 2010: Jens Andersen Stage Interview

Massively's exclusive DCUO trailer from E3!
Winning trailer from the Massively animation contest.

Did anyone watch The Massively's trailer?
Start at 2:20. :blink:
Hmmm... wonder if there's complete and total manipulation of objects in the game from lamp posts, mailboxes, cars etc.

Trelau

So yeah, about two years lost waiting for this game that i won't be playing...for now
PC gamers know how SOE handle their MMO (star wars galaxy and everquest 2 to name the most infamous ones) so we can and should expect dcuo to "fail" (wich for any MMO would be doing great, but as i mentioned earlier they went over budget)
Since their original plan was to be F2P and use an hybrid of the expansion (guild wars) model mixed with micro transactions; MAYBE (yes that's a big maybe) they'll switch to that original model when they erase the bigger part of their debt to "relaunch" the game and attract more customers.
One can dream...
Otherwise i'll just wait 6/8 years for the game to really fail, and THEN maybe they'll follow DnD Online  exemple and switch to free to play. I'm patient, i can wait.

JeyNyce

I wonder if the Milestone characters/ powers will be in the game.  I would love to see ICON & Static
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

lugaru

Quote from: JeyNyce on June 18, 2010, 02:35:54 PM
I wonder if the Milestone characters/ powers will be in the game.  I would love to see ICON & Static

If they are smart (and they are, look at the DC cartoons) they should use the game to hype lesser known characters such as Icon and Static. Video games really create a great platform for promoting characters, much like the Marvel Vs Capcom games did. I mean yeah, Superman and Batman are cool and necesary but hopefully some of the first characters you meet are minor properties who cant keep a book on the shelves consistently.

deano_ue

$15 for the us, means the uk will get royally screwed on price, hell our DLC is usually twice the price of yours

Trelau

and don't forget that in europe they are still doing 1$ = 1?, so the UK won't be the only one paying the high price.

Midnite

From the Comic Con Saturday Schedule

Quote"3:30-4:30 DC Universe Online: The Next Legend Is You!? Superstars Jim Lee (Batman: Hush) and Mark Hamill (voice of The Joker, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: The Animated Series) join forces with the DC Universe Online development team to reveal the exciting backstory of this action MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game. Jim, Mark, and key members of the development team from Sony Online Entertainment discuss how an earth-shattering chain of events will make you the key to the salvation or ruin of the DC Universe when the game launches this November. All attendees will receive a DCUO VIP Beta Key! Room 5AB "

electro

If you don't think this game looks good now then you might have some screws loose - This video shows small mission with Harley Quinn, Cut Sceen, Level up, Open world mission & some Q & A with game director :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MujLrAB6Uo

Midnite

So which version are you guys getting? PC or PS3?

bat1987

I`ll be getting it for PC.

MJB

Quote from: BWPS on June 18, 2010, 01:04:25 AMIt doesn't look like it is good enough to spend $60 + $15/month + I have no time.

This is my problem with the game.

If the monthly fee were cheaper or the game itself cost less than $60 I might be interested. Right now $60 + a monthly subscription for a game that I'm not even sure I'll like is just too risky.

Just drop the price of the game to $49 & include 1 month of subscription and I may just pick it up.

Midnite

electro

Don't have my PS3 just yet so i'll be beta testing the PC version :blink:

Edit : Pre- Order exclusives are now up on this site - If you pre-order the PS3 version from Amazon then you can play as Batman in an Arena Battle only & get the costume piece Wonder Woman's Amazonian guantlets - That's pretty cool :thumbup:

Link : http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/preorder/

Midnite

Most the pre-orders have Batman theme items. I wish they had another superhero/villains themes. Only see Wonder Woman and Deathstroke items so far.

By the way you can sign up for both platforms for the Beta.  ^_^

Cardmaster

Just signed up for the PS3 Beta! MAN this game looks sah-weet.
Only thing is.. I'm conflicted.. I'd prefer to get it for PS3... but the PC Collector's Edition includes a lot of stuff that gets my tongue a-salivatin'... The statue and the "Art Of-" book in particular...

-CM
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

bat1987

Will pre-order on Amazon to get that Batman! PC of course :cool:

Midnite

Pre-order items:

With the exception of Direct to Drive All pre-orders include a play as Batman in a special pre-order only 2 vs 2 pvp arena.

Amazon: Amazon Power Guantlests - all three versions of the game
Gamestop: Joker Confetti Bomb + Comic, all versions available for pre-order
Go Gamer: Death Stroke's Sword -all versions available for pre-order
Fry's Electronics: Scarecrow's Screamer + Comic, all three versions of the game
Special Edition at Amazon, Gamestop, Go Gamer and Fry's Electronics  - Bat drone for heroes / Joker Drone for villains, Batman figure

Target: Lex Luthor's Kryptonite Gun - PS3 Version only available for pre-order
Walmart: Joker's Trick Pistol - PC STANDARD version available.
Steam: Bane's Venom Injector

Dr.Volt

Quote from: Midnite on July 20, 2010, 06:07:22 PM
Pre-order items:

With the exception of Direct to Drive All pre-orders include a play as Batman in a special pre-order only 2 vs 2 pvp arena.

Special Edition at Amazon, Gamestop, Go Gamer and Fry's Electronics  - Bat drone for heroes / Joker Drone for villains, Batman figure

Go figure that I have over $25 in store credit at the store with the lamest pre-order items.  Gamestop...meh.  Man, I really Deathstroke's sword!

Midnite

Source link

Regarding cross-server play.

QuoteJuly 19th 2010
Jens Andersen
Not sure what the confusion is that we need to confirm but here goes...ps3 and pc will play on their own servers at launch. This decision was made final just a week before E3, before then we really weren't sure how it would pan out. There are both design and business reasons why the decision was made. On the design side I can tell you that ... See Morecommunication is a big consideration. The two communities are used to differernt things and those options don't always play nice with each other in our experience. The biz side isn't simply a question of what makes more money, contrary to what people are assuming. There are lots of complicated issues because this type of service hasn't been very well explored. I honestly believe both types of servers will have sufficient populations. And when other games of this type have run into that problem they simply merge servers to make sure populations are in balance. We've always said we hoped we could do this, technically it is possible, but there are pros and cons in each option. This one made the most sense for us at launch.

JeyNyce

Pre-order items:

Nothing from BestBuy??

Midnite

Quote from: JeyNyce on July 20, 2010, 11:56:45 PM
Pre-order items:

Nothing from BestBuy??

Bestbuy has a DCUO exclusive. Just can't remember what were the items.

Teaser  :o
DCUO Devs promised a 5min epic face melting trailer this Friday. July 23rd, 12:30am Pacific time.

electro

I'm already blown away from what little they just showed - The quality of that sceen was great - Can't wait for Friday! :blink:

lugaru

If character creation is good I'm so there. I'm not huge on DC (although JL cartoon is changing that) but the action looks good, I like the characters and there will be no decent Marvel one anytime soon.

JeyNyce

Just when I talked myself into not getting it, you had to show me this...... :banghead:

Who I'm kidding?, I going to get this.  Just don't know if I want the reg. ed or the collector's ed.

Midnite

HAMILL, CONROY LEAD ALL-STAR VOICE CAST FOR DC UNIVERSETM ONLINE

QuoteTwo Fan Favorites and Top Notch VO Veterans to Provide Voices for Upcoming Action MMO
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – July 21, 2010– Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) announced today that two of animation's most well-known talents lead a triple-A cast of voice actors in providing their skills for the upcoming online action game, DC UniverseTM Online.  Mark Hamill (Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: The Animated Series) will once again voice The Joker, while Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League Unlimited, Batman: Arkham Asylum) will bring to life everyone's favorite dark knight, Batman.

:wub:

bat1987

bat1987

Awesome! I`ll pre-order from Amazon, I wanna play as Jim Lee Bats soo badly.
Worst case scenario, if the shipment doesn`t get here to Serbia (happened to one one of my friends not too long ago), they`ll e-mail me `play as Batman` code.

Tortuga

Quote from: bat1987 on July 22, 2010, 10:22:30 AM
I wanna play as Jim Lee Bats soo badly.

Is that going to be possible?  I thought players were creating their own characters that (at times) play alongside DC characters.