Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Universe Online

Started by Midnite, January 11, 2009, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

E3 2010: DC Universe Online (Part 1)

E3 2010: DC Universe Online (Part 2)

Acrobats travel power looks pretty good. Liking how you can use the grapple hooks, and acrobat landing as a weapon is a nice touch.
Cut scenes looks good. Those suits in part 2 vids look pretty sweet.
Can't decide if I want this for PC or PS3. :unsure:

bat1987

Is it me or the combat looks better than before?

freegentile

The 2 huge issues I have w/ this game...which Freedom Force has no issues with, BTW...is the inability to play AS one of the established super heroes...and the fact that you have to play online, no SP mode that I've seen, etc. Yes, it's cool to make your own & fight alongside the big established heroes & heroines, but it'd be very cool to have a SP mode or some kind of ability to play AS Superman, Batman, Shazam, etc. That is what I love so much about my 2 favorite games, FF/FFVTTR & Battlefield 2. Just my 2 cents, of course.

Trelau

Quote from: bat1987 on June 16, 2010, 06:54:19 PM
Is it me or the combat looks better than before?
I was afraid that was just me ^^
But no it's definitely better: more effect (slashing, impact) and more reaction from the character (they "take" the hits, as opposed to before when it looks like they were hitting through each other)
The special suits Batman/Superman (apparently rewards for achievement/pvp) looks very cool, but i'm expecting clan of power players all dressed like this to roam the sky...Hope there's more of them (an amazonian suit, an luthor suit, etc)

Apparently there was an article released saying it will be P2P at 14.99 a month. Not confirm by Sony or the DCUO team yet, so it might just be speculation on the part of the journalist. He did wrote that DCUO would be the big rival of WoW after all, so he might not know what he's talking about.

electro

Heya Freegentile I think your looking at this the wrong way a little - In other superhero MMO's you where limited to powers that where loosly based on superheroes we all know & love while in DC online if you want to use actual Green Lantern powers for a Green Lantern character then thats exactly what you can do while in CoX if you wanted a green lantern kinda character you had to be a defender with energy blast etc... but couldn't make big fans, giant boxing gloves etc.... - Plus unlike those other superhero MMO's they would erase your character if you tried to make them look like DC chars but, here since it's the DC Universe if you make a Superman clone your good to go - It might be kinda silly when you see Superman pop up for mission objective but that will last all of 10 seconds - I expect to see DC clones leaping all over the place & it's about damn time - By the way that new video Midnight just posted shows the hit detection looking very good now & am even more excited for this game :blink:

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteDC Universe if you make a Superman clone your good to go

I kind of doubt that.  It would be far too confusing.  No doubt they'll be more tolerant of DC look alikes, and they've already allowed for special outfits based on characters, like the Batsuit and Superman armor shown in the second E3 video, but I'm pretty sure identical looking clone still won't be allowed.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Midnite

DCUO screenshots
Just checked out the the screenshots on the official site. Costume choices looks good so far.

E3 2010: Jens Andersen Stage Interview

Massively's exclusive DCUO trailer from E3!
Winning trailer from the Massively animation contest.

electro

Hey cat i'll bet you a 30 day prepaid SOE timecard that they will allow DC clones :blink:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Trust me, that would be a mess, and not for any copyright reasons.  If I believed in betting I would take that bet.  Let us just say that whoever is wrong should post saluting the other's superiority once the game comes out and any relevant policies become clear.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

bat1987

I`m pretty sure they wont allow it. In champions for example you are not allowed to make a clone of pre existing Champions character.
I dont see why DCUO would be any different.

Cardmaster

Eeeeeeeeee, I'm ever so very excited for this game. ^_^ I think Imma get it for the PS3... it'll be the first time I ever play a MMO.. (beside the CoH/CoV betas..)
Do we wanna start a pool regarding subscription fee prices? :P

-CM
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

electro

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 17, 2010, 12:34:53 AM
Trust me, that would be a mess, and not for any copyright reasons.  If I believed in betting I would take that bet.  Let us just say that whoever is wrong should post saluting the other's superiority once the game comes out and any relevant policies become clear.

Sounds good Cat! - The only thing that I see that will be a problem with clones is the naming issue - Like they won't let you spell Batman but having the costume & powers will be allowed & if not then thats a party foul on there part :blink:

Quote from: Cardmaster on June 17, 2010, 02:55:55 AM
Eeeeeeeeee, I'm ever so very excited for this game. ^_^ I think Imma get it for the PS3... it'll be the first time I ever play a MMO.. (beside the CoH/CoV betas..)
Do we wanna start a pool regarding subscription fee prices? :P

-CM
My money's on 15$ a month - I hope theres some type of supscription fee because I want good support & updates for the game

Midnite

Trelau

I'd like to remind that the busines model is NOT confirmed yet, so IF there is a subscribtion fee yes, it will probably be 15 a month. But the Guild War ways was what they had in mind in the beginning (they're only considering the P2P model because they went  waaaaay over budget)

Cardmaster

Yeah, I'll gladly pay $15/month if it means the game got frequent updates, LOTS of in-game events, and nice deep customization. :) I'll just make it part of my monthly comic budget, bwahahah.
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

electro

Quote from: Cardmaster on June 17, 2010, 04:16:37 PM
Yeah, I'll gladly pay $15/month if it means the game got frequent updates, LOTS of in-game events, and nice deep customization. :) I'll just make it part of my monthly comic budget, bwahahah.

Ha hA Ha hhhAaaAaaaa cough cough..... can't wait to play! :blink:

Cardmaster

Quote from: electro on June 17, 2010, 04:19:27 PM
Quote from: Cardmaster on June 17, 2010, 04:16:37 PM

Ha hA Ha hhhAaaAaaaa cough cough..... can't wait to play! :blink:
Hey, don't rain on my optimism there, Sparky. :P
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

electro

Sarcasim is horride in text i'm confirming the DC awesome insanity of coolness in your post & joining in :blink:

Cardmaster

Quote from: electro on June 17, 2010, 04:24:44 PM
Sarcasim is horride in text i'm confirming the DC awesome insanity of coolness in your post & joining in :blink:
Ah, well excellent then! :P Man, yeah, I can't wait to play.. I've got uber-faith in Geoff Johns, Jim Lee and co to produce something awesome here!  :thumbup:
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

Midnite

E3 2010: DC Universe Online takes it up a notch

Quote. . .Next we got a look at endgame armor sets. Essentially, as you level up through the game, you will gain the respect of an iconic superhero or supervillain of your choice. You will then be able to wear an endgame armor set from your mentor. It's not an exact duplicate of the iconic hero's outfit, but the inspiration is clear. The Batman armor set we saw was in the same shape and design of the Dark Knight, but it was all shiny metal like a suit of armor with a red bat emblazoned across the chest. Superman's armor set, on the other hand, was created out of the crystals of the Fortress of Solitude. There will be endgame armor sets from all of the 80-90 iconic characters in the game including well-known ones like Wonder Woman and the Joker as well as less popular ones like Metallo and Doctor Psycho. . .

That's a lot armours to collected.  :o

marhawkman

Metallo is an easy one to visualize.  But it sounds a lot like you only get one arrmor....

BWPS

QuoteThe game will NOT be free-to-play, but will have a standard $14.99 a month subscription plan when it launches this November.
Boo. That = almost definite pass on this.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Midnite

QuoteJens Andersen
There are micro transactions if you choose to do so. Some offer unique aesthetics but carry equal stats to the items you can find in game. They are there to offer people some fun things to customize their character with. For the p2p fee you get monthly content updates withnew characters from the dcu and we'll also provide larger expansions as the game goes live.

Don't mind it.

captmorgan72

Quote from: BWPS on June 17, 2010, 11:15:35 PM
QuoteThe game will NOT be free-to-play, but will have a standard $14.99 a month subscription plan when it launches this November.

Why would you pass on this? Because it's a MMORPG that's not free? I played several that I paid $15 a month on and none of them look as good as this. I will be the first in line to fight along side my favorite hero, Captain Marvel.

BWPS

Quote from: captmorgan72 on June 17, 2010, 11:39:43 PM
Quote from: BWPS on June 17, 2010, 11:15:35 PM

Why would you pass on this? Because it's a MMORPG that's not free? I played several that I paid $15 a month on and none of them look as good as this. I will be the first in line to fight along side my favorite hero, Captain Marvel.
It doesn't look like it is good enough to spend $60 + $15/month + I have no time.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.