Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Amalgam

Started by ghazkul, January 09, 2009, 10:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docdelorean88

Quote from: billdamn22 on January 26, 2009, 01:13:51 AM
Quote from: laughing paradox on January 25, 2009, 11:45:56 PM
Fantastic Iron Lanter, Bill. Have you considered adding some glow to the chest emblem center? It may make it pop out even more. Can you do me a personal favor, Bill, and skin your Dark Claw and Sparrow next? ;)

It does have a glow effect, but it does not seem to show up well. :huh: Dark Claw and Sparrow could be awhile. Having trouble with the skope.
:( aw, Darn. Well,(Takes a deep breathe) Baited breath insues... NOW!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

kssaints

Well Wondergold is Wonderman/Booster Gold and Quickfreeze is Impulse/Iceman. Can't remember off the top of my head which books they appeared in. I am also almost done with Vance Cosmic, Lectro, and Universeboy of the Legion of Galactic Gaurdians. I'm also hoping to tackle some of the villians as well. Deadeye and the Big Question being amoung the tops on my list. I also am hoping to see the X-Patrol as well. But first I'll finish most of the LoGG. Oh yeah and Thorion is at 75% complete.

kssaints

Well I've opened a group for just my Amalgam Universe stuff. Here is a link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/saintsandskinners_amalgam   So far I have uploaded Captain Marvel, Mercury, and Quickfreeze. But never fear there is much more to come.

laughing paradox

Nice!

I'm already making hero files for the characters and I just want to make more and more to flesh out the battles. I'm glad so much of these characters are being done right now.

Courtnall6

Amalgams rock...I've always liked this one. :cool:

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

laughing paradox

How do I not know these designs?! That's a really spiffy Captain Marvel, C6. By the way, those two background Captain Marvels.. are those currently available somewhere? Thinking about doing any other Amalgams? (Besides that Super-Soldier by REN... put in a good word for us and tell him to release it already!)

------

I've got someone skoping together Catsai and Dare so I'll be doing those.

Courtnall6

QuoteThat's a really spiffy Captain Marvel, C6. By the way, those two background Captain Marvels.. are those currently available somewhere? Thinking about doing any other Amalgams? (Besides that Super-Soldier by REN... put in a good word for us and tell him to release it already!)

The DC Captain Marvel is the standard for Ren's Captain Marvel mesh at the Toybox. The other CM is still an update in progress. I haven't done too many amalgams...I did do a Moonwing many years ago that could use a major update.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

kssaints

C6 I love that Captain Marvel design. I'd also love to see a Super Soldier by you and Ren as well. You have any plans to do more amalgams? I can hardly wait to get my hands on that Capt. Marvel. You are the best.

kssaints

Well C6 I hope there are more Amalgam skins on the way from the master himself. As for me I have thrown together a couple more. An alternate Aquamariner and Wondergold. Who is of course the Amalgam of Wonderman and Booster Gold. I am releasing them and Wraith, Nightcreeper, and the original Aquamariner skin. They'll be in my Amalgam skins group. I'm also working on Thorion and the Legion of Galactic Gaurdians (Lectro, Vance Cosmic, Spiderboy 2099 and Universeboy thus far.). They'll be releaseed soon as well.

Gremlin

I love that Wondergold! :thumbup:

Xenolith

Those are great!  I can't wait to see Thorion.  BTW, did you release Tyroc?

kssaints

Glad you guys like them. No I haven't released Tyroc. But the good news is he'll be released hopefully tomarrow along with some others.

laughing paradox

Sweet stuff, KS.. can't wait to have them in the game.

So to (finally) complete the Judgment League Avengers, I skinned Goliath.

Here's my conundrum, though.. I can't skin the boots as well as I did the rest of the skin. Neither can I skin all those pouches. I like how the skin looks, as is, and I didn't want sloppy extras to mess it up.

I'm thinking about releasing it as is, open to be kitbashed, so if someone wants to 'upgrade' it, they are more than welcome to. Sounds good? Or would the sloppy extras be a necessity to complete the look?

Outcast

I think you should try adding the extras LP. Then you can show it in your skin thread, where hopefully other experienced skinners could give an advice or two on how to improve it. But i really think you can do it if you keep at it. ;)

Nice Wondergold skin by the way KS. :)

billdamn22

Quote from: Outcast on January 30, 2009, 06:38:04 AM
I think you should try adding the extras LP. Then you can show it in your skin thread, where hopefully other experienced skinners could give an advice or two on how to improve it. But i really think you can do it if you keep at it. ;)

Nice Wondergold skin by the way KS. :)

I agree. Add the extras and take advice where you can get it. I will freely admit to not being able to skin boots like those in the pic, yet, but I also used to be able to say that about pouches. Trying new things are the only way you will improve your game.

doctorchallenger

I have a skoping solution for you, but I need to work out a couple of details.

AfghanAnt

Is anyone doing Spider-boy and Spider-boy 2009? If not, I'd like to do them.

deano_ue

i was lined up to skin a dark claw sadly it was never meant to be

AfghanAnt

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on January 30, 2009, 06:10:01 PM
i was lined up to skin a dark claw sadly it was never meant to be

You could skope mesh together and do alpha layers.

doctorchallenger

Alright, I have a skoping suggestion:

For the Pouches: Skope the shoulder straps from Gren's Cable mesh onto the mesh you are using.  These will serve as guides for pouch placement. Then Copy the pym_pocket componant from Tommyboy's Dr. Pym Mesh, remove the NiSkinInstance branch, reduce size to 0.7 or so, and position over strap.  You will need between 24 to 30 copies of this piece, each positioned accordingly, which might get tedious.

For the Boot Cuffs (the faceted band at the top of Goliath's boot) Copy Tommyboy's belt_bouches from his male_basic_tv mesh,remove the NiSkinInstance branch, reduce size to 0.6 or so, and position on calf of mesh (Approx. values for left calf as example: X=4.5. Y= -0.7, Z= -0.5; Rotation Y = -180.0, P=90.0, R=0.0). Click transform on the Editable Mesh Branch of componant; Edit position -> set Rotation P = 10.0); accept. Click transform on the Editable Mesh Branch of componant, Scale verticies: X=0.0, Y=1.5, Z=2.0.  This will give you a piece that closely approximates the look of the image you posted.

laughing paradox

1. Doctorchallenger, thank you so much for that information. I'm going to do that skoping today and see if I can work it out. I really appreciate it.  :thumbup:

2. AA, Spider-Boy is NOT being done, so you can definitely create him.

3. Our very own Billdamn is in the process of making Dark Claw, but he said he hit a few snags with the skoping.. nonetheless, I believe he's still on top of it.

docdelorean88

I have a design for an amalgam of colossus and captain marvel. It is pretty simple but i think it is cool. My back story for him is he was colossus already, mutant and all, still living in the poverty stricken home country, when he is granted the powers of shazam! the only difference would be he would be able to sheat himself in metal and conduct the electricity through his body. Or maybe not, since it takes the major captain marvel, only say shazam when you mean it, thing. Anywho, If anyone is interested in seeing it, i will gladly post a picture.

kssaints

AA I started a Spiderboy 2099. But I'd love to bow to your superior skinning skills and have you give him a go. I am doing Lectro, Vance Cosmic, and Universeboy of the LoGG.

billdamn22

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 30, 2009, 08:20:01 PM
Our very own Billdamn is in the process of making Dark Claw, but he said he hit a few snags with the skoping.. nonetheless, I believe he's still on top of it.
He is close......close..... seeking advice on my issues.

docdelorean88

Close is good... Close is very good. I've been requesting a darkclaw in various threads for a while. I'm soooo happy a new one is getting done! By the way, I have that amazon skin someone talked of earlier. It is good, but i can't seem to find the apropriate mesh. Does anyone know where it is located?

AfghanAnt

If you don't mind kssaint, I would urge you to do your Spiderboy 2009 because I will probably never finish him. Lectro and Vance but no Psy Girl though?

Spider-boy work in progress.

I think I'm going to do a Match/Venom guy too.

laughing paradox

Nice work on Spider-Boy so far, AA. Glad you got a skope going already.

And have no fear, the Legion of Galactic Guardians will be created.. including Psi-Girl!

----------

Thanks to Doctorchallenger, and a lot of patient time, I was able to skope and skin up the extras for Goliath.

I may get back to it to polish it up some more, but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to turn out. Maybe I'll go back to make the pouches even more aligned, but I was burned out by it already.

kssaints

I'll go ahead and tackle Spiderboy 2099 and Psi-girl as well AA. The spiderboy looks great so far. AS does Goliath LP. I have aslo started a golden age Aquamariner, Silver Racer, and Big Question.

deano_ue

you know as much as i enjoy the concept of amalgam, the thing that bothered me was they mixed up character multiple times, it got confusing. i know hal jordan was used twice and some even more so

doctorchallenger

Looks good LP. Glad  could help.