Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Ohh neat, Cain!  How cool!  He looks perfect, too.  Nice work on him, DG.  I also love that ridiculous Man-Wolf thing.  What a great design! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Thanks!

Here is The Iron Skull in his super-hero costume. It does need work. I have a pulpish version also, but I needed this skin to use as a base for it.

AfghanAnt

His face is really far out. I love these old pulp/classic designs a lot.

daglob

Iron Skull's face is re-sculpted in Blender, with more protruding cheeks and brow, sunken cheeks, thinner lips, re-designed eyes, and flatter ears.

On the left is The Shadow... one of him anyway. This is "The Shadow of Wall Street", from an earlier S&S pulp than our ol' buddy Ying Ko. I'm just going by the description here, so it may change. Next to him is an early version of an old Doll Man villain, The Dress Suit (the research for which produced some rather... disturbing... images), and I've found since that he is more like a tuxedo. May have to change that.

daglob

Here we have one of those old Jap-A-Nazi rats, Dr. Dracula, accompanied by his bat-winged minions. Again, I was going off he description and a small illustration. I downloaded a copy of the comic, so these will undoubtedly change. Captain Battle fought this guy. I don't know why the minions are color coded in primary colors, but I'm pretty sure I know why the Doc isn't in blue and gray.

daglob

These are my attempts at re-creating someone else's skins. In the front is attempt at re-creating Vigilante's "other" Barbarella skin. She was one of the few skins we couldn't recover from the broken links on Vigilante's site. The one on the right is a character called Ace of Diamonds, flanked on the left by Kata 15's Green Lantern version. Not sure who did Ace (think she was at GPL), and Kata says that there is no readme with the GL skin. I kinda like 'em.

Something I don't think I ever previewed: Scaredevil, the Man Filled With Fear, aka Bizarro Daredevil. He was with my Wally Wood-inspired Daredevil skin.

Kenn

I thought the missing Barbarella skin was the Gryphon's not Vigilante's.

In any case, a nice job, all the way around.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

Quote from: Kenn on August 03, 2015, 03:52:38 AM
I thought the missing Barbarella skin was the Gryphon's not Vigilante's.

In any case, a nice job, all the way around.

You may be right (without checking Gryphon's site). Either way, I used the face from the Barbarella in the green outfit.

yell0w_lantern

Yes, Gryphon.  I have a copy.

[EDIT]
File sent.
Yellow Lantern smash!

daglob

daglob

On the left is The Protector, an adversary of Ant Man. His name belies the fact that he is the enforcer for a protection racket. I dunno, but the beret just makes the costume. On the right is he Asbestos Man. For a little perspective: when I was 3 I lived in a house with asbestos siding, I'm pretty sure the kitchen floor was asbestos tile, and there may have been asbestos insulation in the attic. When I was a freshman in high school, they were removing the asbestos-insulated AC ducts, sometimes leaving them exposed during class. The workers wore no protective gear. I may still have, on a "rocks, minerals, and gems" collector's card from a book series, a hunk of asbestos glued next to pyrite, iron, and silica. Asbestos had innumerable uses during the early part of the 20th century, and was scattered all over the environment. The general public was totally unaware that asbestos was as dangerous as it is. In those commercial where they state that asbestos was used in the "construction industry", it might be pointed out that the "uses" included ceilings, AC ducts, flooring, siding, roofing, and fireproofing of all types.

SickAlice

I've never seen them until you brought them up right now but those nifs and skins are literally the best thing I've seen on the internet today.

daglob

On the left of the screen is the beginnings of Roger Corman's Thing, since the new version is far above my skill level, and in the middle is something I was just playing with. On the right is another Ant Man villain called The Hijacker. Yes, he really does look that silly. Jack Kirby obviously had a goggle fixation.

daglob

Some things I was playing with for Halloween (yes, I know that's a long way off). On the far left we have Frankenstein America: Victor Frankenstein haunted grave and gibbet looking for parts with which to build his ultimate patriot. next is Savage Superman. Kind of like the time Dynamo wore a familiar red, yellow, and blue costume (an "8"?), this is an alternate costume for the man of bronze. The other two figures I'm calling Shadow of the Bat. I haven't decided if he looks better with blue accessories or black. Opinions?

Kenn

I prefer the black.

I'd also suggest you call him Savageman.   I wonder what HIS Fortress of Solitude is like.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Distorto

Quote from: Kenn on August 13, 2015, 10:29:20 AM
I prefer the black.

I'd also suggest you call him Savageman.   I wonder what HIS Fortress of Solitude is like.

And my suggestion maybe he has a shrink ray and he carries his fortress in his pocket

daglob

Quote from: Kenn on August 13, 2015, 10:29:20 AM
I prefer the black.

A big blue dome with a big gold key?

I also decided that the big hat from Pulp Versatile looked a little better than Tommy's cowboy hat.

BentonGrey

Oh man, I LOVE Bizarro Devil!  Ha, what a fun piece!  Great work on the face, DG. 

Asbestos Man!  Ha, what a wonderful skin/skope of that loser!  For some reason, I really like the design of both Asbestos Man and the Protector.  There's just something neat and unusual about them.  Ohh yeah, in the 60s comics they were just CRAZY about asbestos, especially in FF, where asbestos was the plot device dejour more often than not.

Doc Superman!  So cool!  Man, it is weird seeing Supes with blonde hair!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

I don't know how, but I seem to have missed quite a few good stuff here. You never disappoint.  :thumbup:

windblown

SickAlice

Love it. Can't wait. Also can't wait for the Halloween challenge, I already know where I'm going this year and am getting a jump start on that.

daglob

First, here are a couple of Things:

Now, one more Thing:

and X-Hulk WIP;

SickAlice

More F4 is always a good thing. And Thing. Or something. Er. Reminds me I should make that Blackbeard Thing. I started it somewhere but forgot all about it.

detourne_me

Wow, those Corman FF skins are great!
And the Chikliss Thing is spot-on! He looks better than the movie actually.

I really love how you've captured the characters by skoping personalized versions. That must have taken some time, and it shows a lot more dedication than putting all the skins on one mesh.

BentonGrey

All of those photoskins are really impressive, DG!  They're so nice that I had to look twice to realize that's even what they were!  Great work, and those Things are PARTICULARLY impressive! :)
God Bless

laughing paradox

Da Glob, your work on ol' ever-lovin' blue eyed Thing came out great. I love both iterations in that first picture.

windblown

daglob

More things:

The Corman FF-

The FF from the imaginary live action 1960s TV series-

Some Femmes Fatale, including Elecro-Woman, he Purple Tigress, and Phantom Maid-

and a bit of Halloween content, a Spidey alternate, and the British Nighthawk-

daglob

The FF from the Hanna Barbera cartoon:

The FF from the 2005 movie:

Still need to fix The Thing's pants, and the flaming version of the torch is not final.

The thing on the left is me playing with the Batgirl/Motorcycle mesh and Kenn's Wonder Wetsuit skin, in the middle is a brand new WORKING Cyberman, and on the right is a scope/skin I just started over on. The present version looks better than this.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page