Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 25, 2017, 03:42:03 AM
Quote from: spydermann93 on March 25, 2017, 01:34:34 AM
I can send it to you if you'd like.

It's a separate nif file and I tried to make it as easy as possible to plant it on another skope.

Smite has dozens of weapons that are on the character models. Perhaps I could try porting them?

Please??? And Thank you!!!  :thumbup:

Can I ask where you're pulling the Smite Files from? Is it a Website, or are you getting them from the actual Game itself?

I'll send it ASAP ^_^

As for the models, I'm pulling them directly from the game's files. I just had to figure out how to open .upk files and convert them to work with blender. It's way easier than it sounds :P

Cyber Burn

Niiice. I may have to look into trying that with some of my other Games.  :thumbup:

windblown

Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 24, 2017, 06:04:59 PM
Hey WB, has anyone done base skins for Cecilia Ryes, Network, or Velocidad yet? OR is Pod being lazy again?

Quote from: Podmark on March 24, 2017, 10:40:33 PM
I have Velocidad and will skin him eventually. I don't have Reyes but I would absolutely skin her down the line.

Cecilia Reyes was going to be skinned by Laughing Paradox but I think he left the forums, because it's been a long time since I've seen him posting. If any of you (or both of you) want this skope I can send it your way so you can see it and decide if you're interested on skinning it or not.

Quote from: Podmark on March 25, 2017, 12:23:14 AM
I'm actually a very slow skinner in general. Every time I hear someone say how long it took to do a skin I'm just like  :o

The wait is worth it when you show the final result of your skins  :thumbup:

style

Forgot I even did these these are 3 years old!!! :blink:

The Ultimate Fan!

detourne_me

Awesome! I haven't seen any cool GI JOE stuff for a while!

BentonGrey

How cool!  I LOVE those!  Snake Eyes looks fantastic! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Those are just downright awesome Style! Before my game had crashed, I had started putting together a few generic Cobra Soldiers. This makes me want to rebuild them now.

Love that Snake Eyes.  :thumbup:

daglob

The beginnings of an idea, this is another excuse to use everybody's base skin. Stories by Jim Starlin always seem to have groups of cyborgs to attack and get beat up by the superheroes. These are a little repetitious, but I'm working on that. The one in middle in the front is a scope by Cyber Burn, and a couple of the skins are the standard that come with the mesh, and a couple of others are kittbashes, and there is a lot of inconsistency in design right now. Maybe it would be that way though, different cyberneticists would make different  cyborgs even using the same basic parts. Still, this would give us cybernetic cannon fodder.

spydermann93

So each one uses a base skin from a different creator?

THAT'S BRILLIANT! :thumbup:

daglob

When I get finished, it will. I've done it before, for the thugs that accompany the 1950s Black Widow from Quality/DC that I did (19 skins) and the Atlantean soldiers from Cyber Burn. I think I've found a couple of additional bases since then.

The nice thing is, I can do several of the chicken-footed heavy weapons guys, and use up all of them. Some of these don't exactly work, and I may not use them.

daglob

The fun thing was to stick a nose on Klaw. Now the Borg Drone skin looks a little better.

Deaths Jester

...why do I have a feeling folks are going to come to me asking for a 'borg skin now.......
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Just tell them that Spring Heeled Jack already did one. ;)

daglob

Bearded's Freedom Fighter transplanted to Grenadier's Punisher. I've never been able to get him to work in FF1, and transplanting to one of the "Male Rifle" meshes hasn't worked.

BentonGrey

DG, the cyborgs look really cool, and I really like the look of you Freedom Fighter skope.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

spydermann93

That's really cool, Glob! I really like how he's turning out :o

As for what I have, it's still a WIP, but for anybody that likes DBZ...

HERE'S IMPERFECT CELL!

This guy has been a pain to work on so far, but I'm learning a lot about the importing process.

1) I didn't quite understand how to get the textures to show up for this guy. Nothing I was doing was giving the model texture. After bumbling around for a few hours, I had discovered that there was a StencilLayer covering the model and that was the reason why I couldn't see any textures. And I actually discovered that in NifSkope, not blender :P

2) Once I removed the StencilLayer, I found that Cell looked completely wrong. Prodding deeper, I found that literally every single one of the model's UV maps were inverted, so I had to manually readjust every single one of them. Blender 2.48 wouldn't allow me to do that very easily, so I had to download Blender 2.78 in order to be able to select the various material groups and their respective vertices. I had to remap about 17 UV to get the skin to look right. He was looking pretty good when I finally remapped everything.

3) After I got the skin properly laid out, I haphazardly attached him to a skeleton and checked up on him in the CTool. What I found was that all of his vertices and body parts were separated from one another! His hand wasn't connected to his forearm; his tail was broken into their various polys; his arms were spaced apart. I was like, "Ah crap!" and I thought that maybe it had to do with me not assigning vertex groups properly, so...

4) Assigning vertex groups was a tedious process. The base mesh, male_scorpion, wouldn't get the group correct enough for my tastes, despite me working on posing the model for several hours to try and meticulously get everything lined up juuuust right. I still had to reassign vertices and faces to their proper groups. The worst part was getting his feet assigned since the original .obj file had his feet overlapping. But other than that, I finally got it under control :P

5) So now that I've assigned the vertex groups, I exported him again and I saw the same issue as in number 3. I was like, "What the crap!?". I found out a little later that there I had to weld the vertices together. Of course, Blender 2.48 won't let you do that. That would be too easy. No, no. I had to open the .obj in Blender 2.78, go through and weld each material group of the mesh together, export it, add the model to the old .blend I was working on, re-scale it, and then re-implement the vertex groups (which wasn't nearly as bad as before). I was finally back to where I was, so I saved my work, exported the model, and booyah! The mesh was holding together in the CTool. I was happy!

6) However, there was another issue. I found that certain parts of the mesh were still warping improperly! His wings would stick to his arms; his feet were still melted together (his idle animation made him look like he had one of the plastic army men bases :lol:); and his tail would have random spikes coming out of it. After looking around some more, I found that I also had to paint the bone weights on the mesh! Luckily, that part didn't take too long. All that I had to do is if I saw a red blob that wasn't supposed to be part of that group, I painted it blue.

And that finally brings us to what I have now. The skin is still brighter than I would like and I see that on his right calf, something is pulling one of the calf's polygons. Back to weight-painting! :P So far, though, I am very proud of how much I've learned and how well it's turning out, especially his tail and his fingers. They both bend and flex with beautiful results!

EDIT: Thanks to Detourne_Me for providing tips and tricks on the porting process! They have been extremely helpful! :D

style

That looks GREAT!!!!!!!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: GREAT JOB!!!
The Ultimate Fan!

daglob

style

The Ultimate Fan!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Awesome Kid Kaiju, Style! Can't wait to see the end results with the winner of that keyframe competition!

And thank you guys for the kind words! I'm almost done with Imperfect Cell. I just need to even out his bone weights and then he'll be good to go for keyframe transfers. I know EXACTLY which keys to give him, too.

style

The Ultimate Fan!

BentonGrey

Cool guys!  I really like the look of that Medusa.
God Bless

WyldFyre

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 04, 2017, 10:07:58 PM
Cool guys!  I really like the look of that Medusa.

Agreed. Gorgon and Medusa both stand out to me.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

style

Thanks fellas here's another for ya! :thumbup:

The Ultimate Fan!

Cyber Burn

Those are really awesome Style! Really liking seeing Jessica Jones.

daglob

For the FF Anniversary, here is Minuteman '95, or at least a scope for him. I dunno... maybe he needs more pouches.

BentonGrey

Haha!  Ohh man, that is wonderfully 90s!  :thumbup:
God Bless

Podmark

Rob Liefeld does Freedom Force!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob