News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FALLOUT 3 MODS

Started by lugaru, December 23, 2008, 03:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lugaru

lugaru

I improved FDA so now it has 2 more foods, 2 more drinks and fixed the chems.

ALSO

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2289

A stand alone radio station with 12 old country blues songs.

lugaru

2 more awesome mods!

Radio Reznor:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2346
12 tracks from the new (and public domain) Nine Inch Nails album.

Radio Blues
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2289
Billy Lyons & Stack-O-Lee - Furry Lewis
Frankie - Mississippi John Hurt
Guitar Blues - Lonnie Johnson
K.C. Moan - Memphis Jug Band
Standing On the Corner (Blue Yodel) - Jimmie Rodgers
Devil Got My Woman - Skip James
C.C. Rider - Lead Belly
Cross Road Blues - Robert Johnson
Shake �Em On Down - Bukka White
Catfish Blues - Robert Petway
Cross Cut Blues - Tommy McClennon
Evil Gal Blues - Lionel Hampton Sextet with Dinah Washington
Downtown Blues - Frank Stokes
Dark Was The Night, Cold was the Ground - Blind Willie Johnson
Canned Heat Blues - Tommy Johnson
Black Snake Moan - Blind Lemon Jefferson
Dirty Mother For you - Roosevelt Sykes
Key To The Highway - Big Bill Broonzy
Worried Life Blues - Big Maceo Merriweather
Honeydripper pt1 - Joe Liggins

UnkoMan

Nice tunes. If I played this game I would probably be very excited.

detourne_me

Hey Lugaru, could you give me a brief tutorial on how to install fallout mods?
i downloaded the GECK, but i've been too busy to dl any mods.

lugaru

There is nothing to it, if a mod only changes the code then dropping it into the data folder and selecting it on the runner will do. If it comes with assets you put those into their respective folders (usually you can unzip the whole thing into data) and then just load the file in the runner. If you ever did oblivion it is the same thing.

cripp12

I see the data folder which has a music folder inside. Does the Radio Blues folder go in the music folder. This is what I have but do not get the new tunes.
I am getting tired of those other songs.  I'm singing them all day.

bredon7777

Quote from: cripp12 on January 14, 2009, 06:55:11 PM
I see the data folder which has a music folder inside. Does the Radio Blues folder go in the music folder. This is what I have but do not get the new tunes.
I am getting tired of those other songs.  I'm singing them all day.

Oh thank goodness. I thought I was the only one doing that...

"bingo bango bongo, I dont wanna leave the Congo..oh no no no no no"...

(now imagine that for 6 hours straight)
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

lugaru

Just drop it straight into data, so it will end up being something like data/sounds/etc

I just used the sounds folder since that is what another mod maker did with the first station ever made, but I'll probably put them under music in the future.

Also I'll be uploading an update to my FDA mod soon with more food, chems and alcohol, including Nodoze pills which make you "well rested" but have a pretty nasty withdrawel.

UnfluffyBunny

I can now play fallout on my pc so i've been looking around at mods, downloaded the geck and will be playing with it later :D

lugaru

Upgraded FDA some more and I intend to give it another pass soon.
http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1995

9 new foods (jerky, brahmin cheese, muttfruit jam, etc)
3 new alcohol (granpas brain tonic, wasteland moonshine, muttfruit rotgut)
3 new chems (NoDoze pills, Ceremonial Herbs, tribal healing powder)

cripp12

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on January 21, 2009, 12:00:45 PM
I can now play fallout on my pc so i've been looking around at mods, downloaded the geck and will be playing with it later :D

what can you tell me about the Geck mod?

lugaru

Quote from: cripp12 on January 21, 2009, 02:52:55 PM
Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on January 21, 2009, 12:00:45 PM

what can you tell me about the Geck mod?

Geck is more of a mod tool. It is really nice, you can edit scripts, create quests, edit levels and do other stuff. I'm not calling it full on user friendly but between some cut and paste and some creativity it has worked out really well for me.

cripp12

Disappointed  in the ending.
It was kind of abrupt.  push button roll credits.

How is the replayability on this game. is it worth it if you know where everything is?

lugaru

I was not blown away by the ending either but I do intend to make some more interesting adventures. So if you play the game like I do with no do-overs or hints, well there is a lot to do the second time around or even the third. If you are the type of guy who collects everything, joins every faction and completes every mission the first time around... well there is not much left for you.

Either way another reason to replay is that you can inject some cool mods like the sprint one (for short bursts of speed), the mutant mod (vastly increased enemy variety), FDA mod (new consumables), Classic Weapons (all the old favorites) and a few mods that include new factions, places to explore and homes to rest in.

cripp12

when will Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage be released.  It says the 27th?

lugaru

Yup, it came out last night and I installed it but I probably wont get to play until at least thursday or maybe saturday. And while I support DLC wholeheartedly I dislike what Microsoft has done so far (compared to steam) and having to buy 1000 points for the 800 point expansion really made me mad. It means that I'll buy another 1000 points when the next one comes out and I'll have 400 left so if I buy 500 when the last expansion hits I'll have 100 useless points left over. Ugh, you have my card info, use frigging dollars!

lugaru

Just a note for those who have not yet downloaded my radio stations: you can listen to them just fine within the Operation Anchorage expansion!

GogglesPizanno

So is the Operation Anchorage update worth the money. Ive heard some conflicting stuff that its kind of fun, but a bit minimal for the money...

Verfall

Eh, it's not bad if you want a pure shooter experience. I only recommend it for PC users or completeists. The major annoyance for me was lack of a good Big Guns weapon in the sim. Running around with my 70ish small guns and energy weapon skills was frustrating. Though I had to laugh how I was able to teleport my follower Mika in with her party hat. Gotta love mods.
"My word and world holds ground and is real
Your word is like floods of poisoned water
A language spoken with spit from different tongues
You can never corrupt me again"

cripp12

is there a get rid of the mutant threat mission in this game.

lugaru

Quote from: cripp12 on February 06, 2009, 02:59:22 AM
is there a get rid of the mutant threat mission in this game.

Which quest is that? People have done all kinds of interesting modifications to the quests but I'm not sure which one you are refering to.

Some mods not made by me that I highly recomend having used them:
- Martigens mutant mod: more skins for enemies and better variety.
- Classic Weapons Mod (beta): a ton of classic fallout weapons
- SPRINT mod: the ability to run very quickly in short bursts consuming your AP

On Anchorage: it is like playing a call of duty style game but it is really enjoyable. I recomend the mod and more importantly I recomend moving all the files to your data folder so that you may make better use of them.

cripp12

I was just asking.  You would think the game had a mission like that since there are so many of them.  I thought there would be an origin point. I guess using FEV from Eden will do the job but that was anti-climactic.

lugaru

Oh I get what you mean now, I thought you meant something that got rid of a specific mission called "the mutant threat" just like you can disable or modify other missions. Nah, there is no big final confrontation against supermutants which is a bit of a shame. On the other hand the 3rd DLC package is going to change the game ending but I think you will be fighting the Enclave some more instead of the mutants.

lugaru

UPDATES!

FDA MOD: 1 new food (Winky Snack Cakes), 1 new beverage (Mad Macho Tequila for combat boosts) and 2 new chems, one is PurgeX which gets rid of all addictions (while practically crippling you) and the other one are multivitamins (keeps you healthy). Also tribal healing powder now lasts twice as long, making it more useful without unbalancing it.

BLUES RADIO MOD: added an alternate version where all the songs are in MP3 format, taking up 1/5th of the space.

Current Project: Tribal mod. It will add two new factions to the game.
Tribal: People who have given up on technology and science, starting civilization again from scratch. They have cool Maori inspired tattoos and herbal medicine
Beastlord: Tribals who practice cannibalism and who have developed a telepathic control over the creatures of the wasteland. I'm trying to make them as scary as possible with new masks (animal heads), weapons (spears) and outfits.

lugaru

NEW UPDATES

Tribal: alpha release, play as a tribal or beast lord with cool tattoos.

Target Practice: destroy bottles, plates, glasses and pitchers with your guns. Liquor bottles burst into tiny jimmies of flame.

http://fallout3nexus.com/modules/members/index.php?id=959681

UnfluffyBunny

cool stuff, did you use the unused molotov coctail sounds for the fireball bottles?

lugaru

I used the "gas explosion" since it is really easy to scale into a tiny little ball and it makes a nice woosh. There's this dude who made a mod that lets you destroy all kinds of stuff and he is integrating my work into his, although he does not create new explosions so a computer monitor can blow up like a fuse box and lots of mildly explosive things go up like grenades. The great part though is that in cases where a regular and damaged model exist he made it so that they swap after damage, so toilets and sinks and shelves can be smashed. Also his crates break and so on...

For my own work I'll have a "basic needs" version of FDA up soon and my own needs version as well, for those who think starving and dying of thirst is fun.

cripp12

Can anyone tell me how to get Fallout 3: Broken Steel. thanks

Sevenforce

I so need booze -_-