RIP Carrie Fisher

Started by Glitch Girl, December 27, 2016, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

When I was 5 years old, I was introduced to two fictional characters that would shape my life. 

Wonder Woman and Princess Leia.

As I grew older I gained a new respect for Carrie Fisher for her behind the camera work, her writing, and her battles with bi-polar disorder and addiction.  And I thought it was wonderful that she continued the character in The Force Awakens, allowing her to shine in an industry that places so much value on youth in women.

Rest in peace Ms. Fisher.

And screw you 2016.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Panther_Gunn

I'm officially done with this year.  2016 can suck it until it creates a black hole in which it's wholly consumed.

:cry:
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

spydermann93

Sad to hear about her passing away. Sixty's not even that old. :(

Ouflah

Wow, I really thought she was going to be okay. That makes me sad.

"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

Tomato

Quote from: Glitch Girl on December 27, 2016, 08:28:14 PM
And screw you 2016.

Yup. And just when we thought it was almost done kicking us below the belt.

BWPS

Such frelling ****. God hates us.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Silver Shocker

Sad to hear. I was hoping she'd be ok. It's being reported that she finished finishing filming for episode 8, so that's good. Time will tell what this will mean for her character.

Agreed, 2016 has sucked.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Reepicheep

Our server on SWTOR made a touching tribute today on Alderaan. Many gathered to pay respects and remember her fondly.

Talavar

Quote from: Ouflah on December 27, 2016, 09:39:07 PM
Wow, I really thought she was going to be okay. That makes me sad.

Me too, but I guess that was just wishful thinking.  She will be missed.

BentonGrey

May the Force be with her, always.

Her work contributed greatly to the imaginative life of generations.  I hope she is now at peace.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Everybody be careful of false news reports on how she died.

She didn't die to a heart attack. She died when she was strangled by her own bra while bathing in moonlight.

detourne_me

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 28, 2016, 04:16:55 PM

She didn't die to a heart attack. She died when she was strangled by her own bra while bathing in moonlight.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Panther_Gunn

So, here's my theory. Abe Vigoda was the only thing keeping a hellmouth closed.  With Abe gone, the ancient pact (forged by Abe, Groucho Marx and George Burns) has expired, as Abe didn't have time to pass the burden on to a new(er) guardian, and the demons have been having a field day.  The reason it seemed to slow down during the middle of the year?: Buffy. She was trying to get it closed, with the help of Ron Glass (he used to assist Abe when needed).  They had finally crafted a deal to close it off, and Ron was sent to safely bring back legal counsel to look it over before it was signed.  Scalia used to handle all of that (probably why he was one of the first to go), so that task then fell to RBG, but Ron was ambushed before he could get to her.  Running out of time, out of options, and seeing the demons closing in on Carrie, SMG threw the sacrifice of Boy George in to sweeten the deal (the reason SMG sent out the tweet mourning Boy George) and signed it as-is.  Unfortunately the demon bastich used a loophole she missed and took George Michael instead, nullifying the deal. Heat Miser was just kind of salt in the wound (or may have just been an inept demon that hadn't heard that GM has already been taken).

There's a rumor that Lemmy, Alan Rickman, and David Bowie were holding some sort of vanguard position for Abe, but that hasn't been confirmed.

I have a feeling both Wilford Brimley and Betty White are also overseeing other such pacts, but that may just be wild supposition.  However.....
https://www.gofundme.com/help-protect-betty-white-from-2016

cmdrkoenig67

I know death happens to us all, but this year has been very rough.  I adored Carrie Fisher.  George Michael's death also hit me pretty hard.  David Bowie and Prince were equally heart-stabbing.

Dana

spydermann93

@Panther that's not a theory; that's literally what happened.

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 28, 2016, 04:16:55 PM

I've seen that movie, "The Night of the Living Bra".

Goodbye, Carrie; we'll all miss you.

kkhohoho

And now Carrie's mother Debbie Reynold's died just a day after her daughter due to a stroke.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/814283850633408512

Oh, 2016. :) Go frick yourself. :angry:
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: kkhohoho on December 29, 2016, 02:00:22 AMAnd now Carrie's mother Debbie Fisher's died just a day after her daughter due to a stroke.

Ok, seriously, what the actual F     !   :thumbdown:

Ouflah

:(
Sadly I can't pretend that events like these are going to magically go away when 2016 ends. Tragedies are part of life, unfortunately.

Man, that's a downer.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

catwhowalksbyhimself

Carrie's brother said that after Carries death, their mother wanted to go so she could be with her daughter, so not a coincidence.  They used to call it dying of grief and while sad, I'm not particularly surprised.

I feel really terrible for Carrie's brother and daughter, though, who both lost two very important people in their life.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

thalaw2

There's a petition to make Princess Leia an official Disney Princess.  Seems the hold up is that she wasn't an animated princess first...but she was very animated in the movies...semantics
革命不会被电视转播