News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Digital Dioramas

Started by Randomdays, April 20, 2024, 07:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

Fireball XL5 - Diorama 2

Fireball junior sets down on an alien planet. Steve, Dr Venus and Matt Matic go exploring on their jetmobiles while Robert stays behind to guard the ship.

All character models and the jetmobiles - meshes and skins by Cranlox.

Fireball Junior by BazMkt from the old sketchup site, 3D warehouse.

Uploaded to the Diorama folder


cranlox

It looks so beautiful, it makes me want to watch the series! Congratulations! Great job!

Randomdays

#242
Gerry Anderson's Stingray - 1964

GA's first series in color

Stingray is a powerful submarine that can travel at speeds up to 600 knots. Its part of a fleet assigned to WASP - the "World Aquanaut Security Patrol" - and patrols the oceans keeping the peace. WASP is run by hover-wheelchair bound Commander Shore, with Atlanta Shore - his daughter, in charge of communications

Its crew is only two; the Captain - Troy Tempest, and "Phones" - sonar tech and navigator.

In the first episode they are captured by the undersea civilization of Titanica, ruled by King Titan. They escape with the help of a mute water breathing slave girl, Marina, who joins WASP as a member of the Stingray's crew. Titan becomes a major enemy to WASP in the series.

Character models - meshes and skins by Cranlox.

Stingray model from the web way back in 2009 - no other information in the zip so I'm no longer sure of the source.

Seperate version included of Stingray by irself on patrol

Uploaded to the Diroamas folder









WyldFyre

Funny enough, Stingray is the only one I really remembered watching. Planning on binging the others so I can see what I missed. I only recently watched all of the Space 1999 series as I had missed some of them before.

Really enjoying this trip down Gerry Anderson's amazing work. Huzzah!!!
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Randomdays

We only got season 1 of Space 1999 where I was and I didn't get to see season 2 until many years later - totally different in tone than the first season. Lots of changes made in the series with Fred Freiberger from Star TOS brought in to produce and "Americanise" it a bit, and with Maya the shapechanger added to the cast and Professor Morse leaving.

For me, Thunderbirds was the big one and I think is still the best of the "Supermarionation" shows - its the only one that got a whole hour I think. Supercar is a bit hard to get through.

Working on Tunderbirds now.


deanjo2000

 :thumbup:  Amazing work. Loved it whilst growing up. In our house we thought they were singing "Maria" which is our mums name so we all sang along  :lol: thunderbirds and captain scarlet were another favourite.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Randomdays

Probably Gerry Anderson's most successful series - Thunderbirds - 1965

The second color series and the first to be an hour long. The intro is also one of the best.

First diorama of at least 4 (maybe 5)

Former astronaut Jeff Tracy - founder and former CEO of Tracy Aerospace Corporation started everything. After his wife died and left him with five young sons, he built his fortune up to be one of the richest men in the world. Deciding to make sure other families wouldn't suffer a loss like his his, he bought "Tracy Island" in the South Pacific and "retired" there.

There, with the help of a brilliant scientist known as "Brains", he built a secret base for his new organization called "International Rescue". Cutting edge technology and five main vehicles known as "Thunderbirds" would travel where needed to assist in disasters ans save lives where they could. Each Thunderbird was piloted by one his now grown sons.

Thunderbird 1 - Piloted by the oldest brother Scott. The main rescue vehicle and first on scene. Used to send intel back to base on what other resources might be needed.

Thunderbird 2 - Transport vehicle piloted by second oldest brother Virgil. It has a central area where large "pods" can be loaded with different equipment as needed.

Thunderbird 3 - Deep space vehicle. Piloted by middle son Alan. Used in any space mission and to deliver supplies and personal to Thunderbird 5

Thunderbird 4 - Undersea vehicle. Piloted by second youngest son Gordon. The smallest of the Thunderbirds and usually carried to where it's needed in a pod on Thunderbird 2.

Thunderbird 5 - Space Station. Manned by the youngest son, John, though he swaps duties with the the other brothers at times. Thunderbird 5 is a space station in orbit, constantly monitoring radio and television signals for any emergency where International Rescue could help.

The Diorama

All five brothers - meshes and skins by Cranlox.

Thunderbirds 1 thru 3, left to right. All models by John Hoagland for Poser 4.

Uploaded to the Dioramas folder









Randomdays

Second Thunderbirds Diorama

Thunderbird 4, piloted by Gordon Tracy, on a mission under the sea.

Gordon Tracy - mesh and skin by Cranlox.

Thunderbird 4 - by Ian W from the 3D Warehouse. He split the interior and exterior into two pieces due to size limits, but they fit together perfectly.

Uploaded to the Dioramas folder.




Randomdays

Third Thunderbirds Diorama

Thunderbird 3 docking with Thunderbird 5 in space

Thunderbird 3 by Jonh Hoagland for Poser 4

Thunderbird 5 by Mectrino on sketchfab

Uploaded to the Dioramas folder.






Randomdays

Fourth Thunderbirds Diorama

Besides the staff and crew on Tracy Island, International Rescue has an agent in London - Wealthy Lady Penelope with her driver and aide, Parker. She usually travels in her 6 wheeled pink custom Rolls Royce.

Lady Penelope and Parker - mesh and skin by Cranlox

FAB 1 - Originally for Poser from 2011. No modder info available.

uploaded to the Dioramas folder




cranlox

It's a tremendous tribute! Everything is great.

Randomdays

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale..."

I doubt that there's very people of any age that haven't seen Gilligan, or at least heard about. Even 60 years later.

I know I still watch it as a "Comfort" show.

Since they're on a desert island, there's little compared to normal old shows to make it look dated.



Gilligan's Island Diorama

Uses the animated versions of the castaways.

Meshes and skins by Cranlox

Minnow for rigmodels site, rocks from FF, fallen trees, palm tree, crate, and radio from the models resource.

uploaded to the Dioramas folder






WyldFyre

The First Mate sure looks like a "Mighty Sailin' Man" and I bet the Skipper's "Brave and Sure"!

Love it!!!
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

cranlox

Quote from: Randomdays on May 24, 2026, 04:01:54 PM"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale..."

I doubt that there's very people of any age that haven't seen Gilligan, or at least heard about. Even 60 years later.

I know I still watch it as a "Comfort" show.

Since they're on a desert island, there's little compared to normal old shows to make it look dated.



Gilligan's Island Diorama

Uses the animated versions of the castaways.

Meshes and skins by Cranlox

Minnow for rigmodels site, rocks from FF, fallen trees, palm tree, crate, and radio from the models resource.

uploaded to the Dioramas folder







VERY GOOD DIORAMA ART!!! :thumbup:

Randomdays

#254
Hanna Barbera's Space Kidettes - 1966

4 kids and their dog hang out in their clubhouse out in space. Not a parent around keeping an eye on them

Everything is great except for the fact that they have a treasure map and the dread space pirate Captain Skyhook and his sidekick Static want it.

Not a bad show but it gets some hate for something that's not its fault - Some idiot back in the day decided to make a split show of it with the HB hero cartoon "Samson and Goliath". There were 26 episodes of Samson and only 20 of Space Kidettes, and now it looks like the extra 6 Samson episodes are lost forever. The episodes of both shows are likely edited down in time as well.

All meshes and skins by Cranlox except the rocket sled - that's from an stl.

Uploaded to the Dioramas folder













WyldFyre

Oh Boy!! It finally happened! One I am unfamiliar with. I thought I had seen about all of the Saturday morning cartoons but, nope, this one I missed. Headed to check it out.

Great job on this btw!
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Randomdays

Hanna Barbera's Adventures of Gulliver - 1968

Based on Jonathan Swift's original novel

Thomas Gulliver, along with his son Gary and his son's dog, Tagg, charter a ship to go treasure hunting.

The owner of the ship, Captain Leech, finds out about the treasure map and during a storm, tries to take it from Thomas. The ship crashes on some reefs, and though stuck in his cabin, Thomas hides the map in Tagg's collar.

Gary and Tagg wash up on a beach and fall asleep, to be briefly captured by the little people of Lilliput. They become friends with the Lilliputians and most of the series deals with Gary looking for his father and being chased by Captain Leech looking for the treasure map.

No DVD release but episodes are available on youtube and dailymotion

All models and skins by Cranlox. Minor changes to both by Randomdays.

Castle from the Rigmodels site.

Uploaded to the Dioramas folder












cranlox

The diorama is really very good; it captures the essence.

BentonGrey

Man, these are so cool!  I love all of these, RD, and you've produced a ton of awesome stuff!

I think my favorites since I was here last are the Jason and Sinbad ones, but I also love the Phantom one!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

#259
The Super 6 - 1966. A show I remembered seeing and liking as a kid but barely remembered except for one of the characters catch phrases. I DVD set of the full show came out of nowhere s few years back and I was able to pick it up and see it again.

After WB shut down their animation studio, Fritz Freling started his own studio - DFE (Depatie Freling Enterprise). It did fairly well with its most successful creation being the Pink Panther character and shorts.

Their first Saturday morning cartoon was "The Super 6" - a group of superheroes that worked for an agency that people could hire if they needed a hero.

As was common back then, each show was divided into three different short cartoons;

1) Super Bwoing. Super Bwoing was the rookie/ screw up hero of the group. Voiced to sound like Jimmy Stewart. He would fly around on his "Bwoinger" - a guitar, similar to Marvel's Silver Surfer.

2) The  Brothers Matzoriley - a very strange cartoon about a character with 3 heads - one brave and rough, one a coward, and one Asian quoting from "Confusion says.."

3) A rotation of the other 5 heroes of the group.

  Super Scuba - an Aquaman kind of character voiced to sound like Dean Martin. His sidekick was his mermaid secretary, Bubbles

  Granite Man - A tough hero made of stone. Spent his off time as a statue. His sidekick was a pigeon named Percy

  Magneto Man - with the power of magnetism, or course. Voiced to sound like Cary Grant. His sidekick is a young boy with a British accent named Cal

  Captain Whammo - Renamed to Captain Zammo due to conflict with a toy company of the time. His sidekick, Private Hammo, did most of the work and got most of the damage from doing so.

  Elevator Man - Had the power to shrink or grow like Marvel's Antman/ Giant Man. No sidekick. The most serious of the characters and his shorts had him narrating his story.

The heroes almost never met each other except in the show's intro and some bumpers in between shorts

All models and skins by Cranlox. Uploaded to the Dioramas folder

In the intro below, its also of note that the theme song was sung by "Gary Lewis and the Playboys", a real rock group headed by comedian's Jerry Lewis's son.










 


cranlox

Quote from: Randomdays on July 17, 2026, 05:39:29 PMThe Super 6 - 1966. A show I remembered seeing and liking as a kid but barely remembered except for one of the characters catch phrases. I DVD set of the full show came out of nowhere s few years back and I was able to pick it up and see it again.

After WB shut down their animation studio, Fritz Freling started his own studio - DFE (Depatie Freling Enterprise). It did fairly well with its most successful creation being the Pink Panther character and shorts.

Their first Saturday morning cartoon was "The Super 6" - a group of superheroes that worked for an agency that people could hire if they needed a hero.

As was common back then, each show was divided into three different short cartoons;

1) Super Bwoing. Super Bwoing was the rookie/ screw up hero of the group. Voiced to sound like Jimmy Stewart. He would fly around on his "Bwoinger" - a guitar, similar to Marvel's Silver Surfer.

2) The  Brothers Matzoriley - a very strange cartoon about a character with 3 heads - one brave and rough, one a coward, and one Asian quoting from "Confusion says.."

3) A rotation of the other 5 heroes of the group.

  Super Scuba - an Aquaman kind of character voiced to sound like Dean Martin. His sidekick was his mermaid secretary, Bubbles

  Granite Man - A tough hero made of stone. Spent his off time as a statue. His sidekick was a pigeon named Percy

  Magneto Man - with the power of magnetism, or course. Voiced to sound like Cary Grant. His sidekick is a young boy with a British accent named Cal

  Captain Whammo - Renamed to Captain Zammo due to conflict with a toy company of the time. His sidekick, Private Hammo, did most of the work and got most of the damage from doing so.

  Elevator Man - Had the power to shrink or grow like Marvel's Antman/ Giant Man. No sidekick. The most serious of the characters and his shorts had him narrating his story.

The heroes almost never met each other except in the show's intro and some bumpers in between shorts

All models and skins by Cranlox. Uploaded to the Dioramas folder

In the intro below, its also of note that the theme song was sung by "Gary Lewis and the Playboys", a rela rock group headed by comedian's Jerry Lewis's son.










 


They look excellent! And very stable and fitting for the Freedom Force universe. I know you wanted the sidekicks, but I lost track of which ones I actually made. If you like, I'll be home all alone this Saturday and can make and send you whichever ones you want—just send me the photos. The diorama looks extraordinary; I seem to like every detail more and more. And to think I only found out about them when you asked me for them!

Randomdays

Hanna Barbera's Mightor - 1967

When young caveman "Tor" saves an old man from a T-Rex, he's given a magic club that turns him into "Mightor", basically an unstoppable prehistoric version of Superman.

He can also turn his pet dinosaur, "Tog", into a fire breathing dragon, "Tog" with the club.

I guess cavemen are about as bright as Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen.

Other characters are Chief Pondo, the leader of Tor's tribe, his daughter, Sheera, and Sheera's ever annoying younger brother, Little Rok, who gets into trouble far too frequently putting on his Mightor costume and having to be rescued almost every episode.

I had found a great poster for the show by Carlos Mota and thought it would look nice as a base for a diorama.

No new work. Thanks to Dean, SA, and Vorelliwiseau for their skins and skopes, with a little help from me.

Uploaded to the diorama folder











deanjo2000

Lovely work. That was one of my favourite shows.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

cranlox

Excellent! And it made me want to capture a model of Sheera from that image. :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Randomdays

My 100th Diorama

Star Trek TOS - 1966. Just "star Trek" back then, with no TOS added. Probably my first real fandom, though I don't remember watching it in primetime since it was past my bedtime.
"
Had the Gold Key comics, the James Blish series of books, "the Making of Star Trek", "The World of Star Trek" and the "Trouble with Tribbles" books. Had the calendars, the blueprints, the models, an album and anything else I could find.

The Diorama - same one I used for the Trek map I did. Originally from the 3d Warehouse.

Crew models from modder Laz Rojas for Raven's Elite Force

I've got models for Dehner and Gary Mitchell from "Where No Man has Gone Before", and Lt M'ress from TAS, and might be able to do one for Arex, so I might do some variants.

Uploaded to the Dioramas folder




















cranlox

Awesome! Happy 100th! Amazing that you've done so much.
I'm finishing up some of them and hope to send them to you soon.

WyldFyre

Wow!! 100 Dioramas is quite an achievement! Congratulations and thank you for all these memories.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

BentonGrey

Awesome, RD!  The detail on these is incredible!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Thanks guys.

And the Elite Force models are even lower poly than FF.

A lot of it is just great textures

cmdrkoenig67

Wow, amazing Star Trek diorama! As well as it being your #100!? Holy cow! Congrats RD!

Dana