News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

For Those Of You Who Don't Like Change...

Started by The Hitman, June 15, 2009, 02:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murs47

Oh Hitman you scared me. I thought Hershey's was switching their bars from milk chocolate to dark chocolate. But no, it's just Stevie coming back. Whew! ^_^

BWPS

Me too, I was wondering why this was in comics, good thing too, milk chocolate is FAR preferred!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Courtnall6

Yay Steve is coming back (surprise surprise) and from the teaser pics I've seen he's leaving his pointless utility belt behind! :thumbup:
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cardmaster

Quote from: Courtnall6 on June 20, 2009, 07:31:15 PM
Yay Steve is coming back (surprise surprise) and from the teaser pics I've seen he's leaving his pointless utility belt behind! :thumbup:
But Court, how's he gonna hold up his tights?  :o
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

marhawkman

Midnight

Tomato

I read the first episode yesterday...

Spoiler
And it was meh. Cap is unhinged from time now, apparently.

Outcast

Interesting.

Spoiler
I read this in another forum.

Zola tells Osborn Steve died, but didn't. Apparently Steve was shot and killed. Red Skull used a time machine to try to bring him back, but Sharon disturbed the machine. Steve is now unstuck in time, flashing to different points in his life and reliving them.

As for events of the comic, Bucky/Widow break in to HAMMER to find Doom's time machine that Skull was using and are greeted by the Dark Avengers. Sharon, Falcon, Vision, and Hank Pym discuss the events about how Steve is alive/i]

I don't get it. Why would Red Skull want to bring Steve back? :wacko:

Zippo

Quote from: Tomato on July 03, 2009, 05:23:46 AM
I read the first episode yesterday...

Spoiler
And it was meh. Cap is unhinged from time now, apparently.

But wait...

Spoiler
Isn't that some sort of similar thing to what supposedly happened to Batman as a result of Darkseid's Omega sanction? My new theory is that Bruce will eventually wake up as Cap in the Marvel Universe, while Steve wakes up in Gotham and takes on the Batman mantle...

Previsionary

Not exactly. I made a post on this in the marvel thread.

Spoiler
The story is Cap reliving major points of his OWN life... not living in the past in a cave like Morrison's Batman. Brubaker's story is semi-inspired by a book known as Slaughterhouse Five. What's going on is that Brubaker is using the term used to describe Steve, "man out of time," literally.

The Red Skull thing will have to be expanded on, but the man does have a major fixation on Steve. I think that part of the plot will probably tie into Skull's need to kill Rogers himself.
Disappear when you least expe--

tommyboy

Quote from: Previsionary on July 03, 2009, 07:26:27 AM
Not exactly. I made a post on this in the marvel thread.

Spoiler
The story is Cap reliving major points of his OWN life... not living in the past in a cave like Morrison's Batman. Brubaker's story is semi-inspired by a book known as Slaughterhouse Five. What's going on is that Brubaker is using the term used to describe Steve, "man out of time," literally.

The Red Skull thing will have to be expanded on, but the man does have a major fixation on Steve. I think that part of the plot will probably tie into Skull's need to kill Rogers himself.

Spoiler

If he's reliving his own life, why is he wearing a stupid "ultimates" type costume instead of his own one in the "past"?

Mystik

he's not wearing his ult costume, it looks to me in Reborn #1 that Cap has the helmet over his usual mask, the same way we see Bucky wearing a helmet in addition to the domino mask. This doesn't seem like a big revision to me, other than Cap occassionally wore a helmet in dangerous situations.