News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Girl Genius thread

Started by Glitch Girl, October 18, 2010, 01:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

But is it Lucrezia in control, or is it Zola?

Now, of cvourse, either Robo-Lu or Zola-Lu could be The Other that goes back in time and wrecks the castle, or...

Alaric

Quote from: daglob on February 22, 2011, 05:34:44 PM
But is it Lucrezia in control, or is it Zola?

Judging from the "Curse this wretched, weak body" bit, I'm guessing it's Lucrezia. The trauma/shock/chemical withdrawal probably gave her the opportunity to gain control. Whether she'll be able to keep control, I have no idea.
Fear the "A"!!!

BentonGrey

Man, Gilgamesh totally kicks backside.  Today he finally got his inning against Vole, and it was awesome.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Panther_Gunn

"Who's the scariest monster?!"

:roll:
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Glitch Girl

You know, I hope one of these days they actually get out of that castle.  It's been how many years since they got there? 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

daglob

There are complaints about that being aired in the Yahoo group. I wouldn't mind a little more advancement of the plot, myself.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Alaric

It would be really funny if Otilia was referring, not to the Storm King, but to Krosp- after all, she is currently in a feline body, more or less...

(Note- I don't actually think that's what going on, just that it would be funny.)
Fear the "A"!!!

daglob

What if....

Because of the way the sparky families interacted over the years Gil and Tarvek were BOTH decendents of The Storm King, and EITHER ONE could lay claim to the title?

Or... if DuMedd was? That might also make Agatha The Storm Queen...

BlueBard

GG acceptance of the Hugo Award:

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20110831

"Why are we not invading the surface world right now?"

I'm pretty sure this is an accurate retelling of the acceptance speech. ;)
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BentonGrey

I don't know, I think they may have downplayed it a bit. :)
God Bless

Panther_Gunn

"Wrong Heterodyne!"  :unsure:  ....ok, I can maybe see where they're going with that, but  "Wrong Storm King!" ?!? :blink:  Someone that hasn't exactly been introduced yet?  Wheels, within wheels, within wheels.....

BlueBard

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on September 23, 2011, 07:15:23 PM
"Wrong Heterodyne!"  :unsure:  ....ok, I can maybe see where they're going with that, but  "Wrong Storm King!" ?!? :blink:  Someone that hasn't exactly been introduced yet?  Wheels, within wheels, within wheels.....

Don't be silly, P_G... this is Girl Genius we're talking about.  There are no wheels. 

Think gears. 

Big gears, little gears, variable camshafts...

Anyway, since it's been established that somebody's been interfering with Tarvek's schemes I'm sure we'll find out more eventually.  2013, maybe.

Panther_Gunn

Uncle Yuan

Oh, they'll be fine as long as they don't sit down.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Uncle Yuan

"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Uh oh, the jaggers heard the proclamation too.  This is not going to go well for the wulfenbach fleet, although once their Gil takes over they'll probably be helping agatha anyway.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Viking

It's all fun and games until somebody loses their hat...

Not that anybody's lost a hat yet, but the presence of any Jaeger reminds me of their standard maxim, "Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan."  And in the upcoming chaos, I suspect that many hats may be lost.

Panther_Gunn

"We also like the crushing part!"  :thumbup:

Lots of good little aside bits in this one.

BentonGrey

Haha, yeah, I liked that too.  "Two whole minutes and she hasn't killed anyone yet, a new record!"
God Bless

Panther_Gunn

Re:  today's strip, specifically the last two panels

*ping*

although, at first, as I was scrolling down to read, I didn't see where the balloon in panel five was coming from yet, and I thought perhaps one or both of the "boys" had come back somehow.  I almost squee'd.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Beating armies to death with a sack of gold because they aren't rejoicing.  I like that dragon's style.

BentonGrey

God Bless

catwhowalksbyhimself

I dare you to read today's without chuckling.

Can't be done I tell you.

BlueBard

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 13, 2012, 11:30:06 AM
I dare you to read today's without chuckling.

Can't be done I tell you.

Just goes to show the old adage, "clothes make the man".

Or in this case, "the hat".

BentonGrey

Haha, my favorite bit is when he punches the one guy who balks and says, 'when all this is over, you're getting promoted.'  Haha...that's awesome.
God Bless

BlueBard

Last Friday's comic.  Two words.

"Your Highness"?

Was Klaus planning on turning the empire into a "legitimate" monarchy, royalty and all? 

Or is it just possible that Gil is heir to another throne?  I get the impression that he isn't the son of Klaus and Lucrezia, so who is his mother? 

Another heir to the throne of the Storm King, maybe?  That would make things between him and Tarvek rather interesting, to say the least.  If they were half-brothers, that would be hilarious.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Actually the authors have already spoiled this

Spoiler
He is Zetha's brother and therefore the son and heir of the queen of whatever kingdom she is from.

Panther_Gunn

Today's strip.....is full of awesome!   :kingbethumbup

BentonGrey

Ha, yeah, it really, really is.  I love Gil.  It's nice to be able to see him in his element.
God Bless