DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Started by Thunder, November 23, 2015, 11:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

The show is probably the time travel series since voyagers...well...I can't say that it's going to be at the same level as Quantum Leap.  Can I?
革命不会被电视转播

Glitch Girl

There seems to be an adjective missing from that sentence law. :)
QuoteThe show is probably the [???] time travel series since voyagers...

If that missing adjective is "first" I'd have to disagree.  Don't forget the restarted Doctor Who from which Legends takes a few vibes from.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

He probably meant "best."  I did like what I saw of Timeless, although I only saw the first two episodes so far.  I do thing Season two of legends is a great time travel series though.  Season 1 not so much.

It really deserves a "most improved" award or something.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

thalaw2

Oops!  Darn adjectives!  I was actually trying to decide somewhere between "best" and "most fun".  I haven't seen Dr. Who yet (I know it's a sin and I'm prepared to repent for it).  Legends has managed to make me feel like a kid again so that's why Voyagers came to mind. 
革命不会被电视转播

thalaw2

I nearly lost my dinner laughing.  Another great episode. 

Spoiler
Is DC allowed to make references to George Lucas?
革命不会被电视转播

Glitch Girl

Well he is technically a public figure.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

This episode explains this season's connections to both Flash and Arrow, although mostly the former.  At least now we know what Merlyn hasn't been around on Arrow this season.  It's because he was picked up by Reverse Flash right at the end of last season and has been messing with the Legends.

As for what the deal with RF is

Spoiler

Apparently Barry somehow pulled him out of his timestream somehow which protected him (temporarily) from being fully erased from history.  He's also so fast he can apparently outrun the changes to history, at least for a little while.

And how is history trying to deal with that?  By sending the Black Flash after him, that's how.

He's after the Spear of Destiny just so he can write himself back into history.

Time travel gets even weirder than usual when the speedsters are concerned is all.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

And then there was the stinger
Spoiler

Hunter has his now-altered memories back and is EEEEEEEEEVIL! 

How Evil?

He-just-shot-George-Washington Evil.

And I have no idea why I find that hilarious.
-Glitch Girl

GhostMachine

I think its rather obvious about what's going on with Mick and the whole Snart thing (and I've not watched the latest episode yet):

Spoiler
Its NOT a delusion in his head: Reverse Flash snatched Snart from a point in time from before he joined the Legends and partially filled him in on what's happened.  Snart is using some kind of tech to appear and play head games with Rory. Whether its a projection of some kind, or Snart is actually appearing and vanishing off the ship undetected, I don't know. But basically, Captain Cold is the fourth member of the Legion of Doom.

Can I also say I'm calling bull if Merlyn isn't either dead or imprisoned by the end of this season's Arrow or Legends? After all the crap he's done, its unbelievable that Oliver and Thea haven't finally gotten fed up and dealt with him. (Plus, I want John Barrowman to pop up on Doctor Who as Jack Harkness.....)