News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 5

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, December 26, 2014, 11:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

I should point out that the real advantage of Into the Stratosphere is that even if it is an end of turn actor, at least the villain won't be playing anything new.  It's effectively the same as preventing a villain card from being played if you choose the right card to move with it.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Uncle Yuan

Dr. Medico mutters, "Mierda, she's picked up new crew since we defeated her last!"  He glances quickly towards the Idealist but the normally irrepressible tween hero seems too shocked by the sudden flood of bad guys to have heard his obscenity.  Taking a deep breath he turns back towards the pirate crew still picking themselves up out of the ruins of the ship.  "Stay focused Sentinels.  They may have some new faces on their side, but we have some too!  Writhe, blackout!" Dr. Medico briefly paints Battleforged with a harmless halo of golden light and Writhe flows silently across the battle field towards his target.  "Idealist, when he's done, priority on any target you think you can take out."

Before Dr. Medico finishes his instruction to Idealist Wirthe envelopes Battleforged in an impenetrable black shroud.  Their is a single beat where nothing seems to happen, then Battleforged let's out a bloodcurdling scream of abject terror and begins flailing blindly around him with his energy battleaxe.  Guided by Writhe, Battleforged lurches through his team, managing to strike every one of them, including his Captain, before falling to the ground unconscious.  (Blackout.  The direct attack against Battleforged will do 2 psychic damage (technically melee, but it doesn't matter right now so I'm renaming it for flavor purposes).  Battleforged then does 2 melee damage to every non-hero target (1 to Siege-Breaker with his DamRes), including himself.)

The Idealist forms a glowing blue bow loaded with an absurd appearing glowing blue arrow tipped with a boxing glove.  Scanning the remaining crew she sights on Final Breath and fires.  A whispy blue tendril of telekinetic force guides the improbable arrow unerringly to it's target, knocking the pirate off his feet.  With a wordless scowl Final Breath flips agilely back to his his feet, ready to continue the battle. (Telekinetic Jab).

Dr. Medico looks pointedly at the Idealist.  "It seems somebody has been into her father's comic book collection again.  Without permission.  Again."  The Idealist seems not to have heard, her attention fixed on the enemy, but a distinct blush appears around her blue domino mask.

Spoiler
Not being able to take out any other targets I hit Final Breath - he's the other main one for picking on lowest HP, making it hard for Unity to keep any of her bots in play.  And once they're gone, all of my characters . . . )
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Reepicheep

Thats an interesting point. I'm just trying to work out how useful it will be. It may be something I save for later to keep things under control and just focus on dealing damage the next few rounds.

Thanks for the insight. Not sure how I feel about Tempest yet, compared to how diverse Omnitron was to play,

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 10, 2015, 02:08:49 PM
I should point out that the real advantage of Into the Stratosphere is that even if it is an end of turn actor, at least the villain won't be playing anything new.  It's effectively the same as preventing a villain card from being played if you choose the right card to move with it.

That's a good point - it's a turn with no effective change in the villain tableau (providing they don't get a second card play).  The drag is that we loose any accumulated damage against a target.  Given that it will be hardest to get damage accumulation against Trueshot, I do think Siege-Breaker would be the best choice for this.  I think we can knock L'Epieste out this round without much trouble.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Battleforged goes down.  Trueshot heals first, then takes the damage.

Sentinels draw
Spoiler
Dark Delusions: One-Shot--If Writhe is active, he deals each Villain Target 2 Infernal Damage. If the Idealist is active, she deals 1 Target 3 Psychic Damage.

It is now Parse's turn

Effects in play:

Side:The Corsair
Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 3 or more cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.Whenever a Hero card is destroyed by a Villain card, put it under this card.At the end of the Villain turn, La Capitán deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.

Side B--Split Across Time
At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains X HP, where X = the number of cards under this card. Whenever La Capitán would be dealt Damage, move a card from under this card to the appropriate trash. If you do, prevent that damage. At the end of the Villain turn, if there are no cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.
HP: 70/75 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Final Breath--4/11
Chip--3/8
Trueshot--7/9
Siege-Breaker--9/10
L'Épéiste--3/7
Spoiler

L'Épéiste: 7 hp, Crew, Musketeer--At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Hero Ongoing and Equipment cards in play.
Siege-Breaker: 10 hp, Crew, Cavaliere--Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1.At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the 2 Hero Targets with the highest HP (H) minus 2 Irreducible Fire Damage each.
Final Breath: 11 hp, Crew, Ronin--Increase Damage dealt by this card to Targets with 10 or fewer HP by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 3 Toxic Damage.
Chip: 8 hp, Crew, Flying Ace--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage. At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
Trueshot: 9 hp, Crew, Amazon--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.Whenever a Hero card is played, this card regains (H) minus 1 HP.

HP: 21/26
Available Powers: Squall: Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.

In Play: Electrical Storm
Spoiler

Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Cleansing Downpour: Ongoing--Power: Each Hero Target regains 2 HP.
Reclaim from the Deep: One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck.Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

Writhe
HP: 14/14
Power: Extract--Power: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Doctor Medico
HP: 13/13
Power: M.D.--1 Hero Target regains 3 HP.

Mainstay
Power: Block--Power: Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Idealist
HP: 11/11
Power: Telekinetic Jab--Power: The Idealist deals 1 Target 2 Psychic Damage.

In Play: None
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Dark Delusions: One-Shot--If Writhe is active, he deals each Villain Target 2 Infernal Damage. If the Idealist is active, she deals 1 Target 3 Psychic Damage.
Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.

HP: 20/26

Available Powers
Pinpoint Shot: Parse deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage.

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Between the Lines: One-Shot--One Hero may use a power now. If that power deals damage, that damage is irreducible.
Gauge: Ongoing--Power: Look at the top card of a deck. Put it on the top or bottom of that deck. You may draw 1 card.
Quick Calculation: One-Shot--Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 on the bottom of your deck and the other 2 in your hand.

HP: 22/29 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Load: Play a card.

In Play:  None
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Shock Rounds: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.When that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, Expatriette deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Lightning Damage. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

HP: 22/26 Highest Hero Target

Available Powers
Bot-Hack: Destroy 1 Equipment card. If you do, put a Mechanical Golem from hand into play.

Ongoings and Equipment In Play: None
Spoiler

Active Golems: None
Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Bee Bot: 1 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.When this card is destroyed, Unity deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage, and you may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environmental card.
Inspired Repair: One-Shot--You may draw a card.You may play a card.Each Mechanical Golem regains 3 HP.
Powered Shock Wave: One-Shot--Unity deals each Villain Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.
Raptor Bot: 2 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.

Cards in Play: Security Station

Spoiler

Security Station: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, a player may discard their hand to destroy an Environment card.

Outcast

Looking at the HP of the remaining crew members, i think Expat's Assault Rifle and Unity's Raptor Bot can already take out Final Breath, Chip, and L'Epeiste. So if it's ok i can try to soften up Siege-Breaker for you guys in the next round? If i use my targeting arrow on him, i can also render his body armor useless. We can have his HP down to 4 at the end of this round. Of course, that is with Unity's Raptor Bot's help. And assuming La Capitan doesn't flip and heal him the next round.

Uncle Yuan

If I am following your math: Assault Rifle does 3x2 damage - Final Breath to 2, L'Epieste and Chip to 1.  If Unity plays Powered Shock Wave and does one across the board, taking out L'Epieste and Chip, FB to 1, then U eats the Assult Rifle, puts out Raptor Bot who will do in Final Breath?

I have a couple of concerns with this.  While it might make short term sense to cannibalize Assault Rifle for a bot, I'm not sure it make long term sense to cripple Expat to do this.  She doesn't otherwise have ready access to weapons with her current hand, and AR is a really good group killer (esp loaded with Hollow Points or even Incendiary Rounds).  Plus, given how fragile Raptor Bot is there's a good chance it's going down soon.  I don't feel like that that's a good trade off in the long run.

My alternate proposal is Between the Lines for Tempest's Squall, you Pinpoint Shot Final Breath, Expat takes those three with AR, and Unity takes a double draw turn.  That gets us to the same basic end point, definitely leaves Expat in a stronger position for the future, and hopefully Unity as well.  True, Siege-Breaker has a few more HP but he's not going down this round anyway.

Deaths Jester

Yaun, don't forget I've got Quick Draw still in my hand which would allow me to pull out a gun next round if Unity does eat Assault Rifle. Or I could get really lucky and draw Shotgun.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Reepicheep

That sounds like a good idea to me, Yuan, as long as Glitch is happy to double draw. We can really give Siege Breaker what for next round.

Outcast

Well, i know Parse with the help of Tempest's squall power, and Expat's assault rifle can finish the 3 weaker crew members this round. If Unity doesn't use Expat's assault rifle to make a bot, there's a 75% chance La Capitan's next card would be a card that destroys an ongoing/equipment card. We will have to choose between Tempest's Electrical Storm and Expat's assault rifle. If we intend to keep Expat's assault rifle, then i can see how you would want Unity to draw cards instead and hopefully find and get to use one of her equipments to build her bots around.

That's why i wasn't sure and wanted to ask you guys first.

As to my math, i wasn't thinking about Powered Shock Wave, i was thinking Unity can still draw cards but uses Expat's assault rifle to build Raptor Bot to try to do 2 more damage to every villain.

On the other hand, if Unity breaks Expat's assault rifle apart , there's still 75% chance that the next card of La Capitan will have no other choice but to destroy Tempest's Electrical Storm.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Deaths Jester on January 10, 2015, 10:46:38 PM
Yaun, don't forget I've got Quick Draw still in my hand which would allow me to pull out a gun next round if Unity does eat Assault Rifle. Or I could get really lucky and draw Shotgun.

For single target damage Pride + Prejudice + a couple of ammo cards is top shelf, but with La Cap and her crew I think you'll get more mileage from Assault Rifle.  Pride/Prejudice alone is sub par, plus you'll have to use a play when using Quick Draw.  I'm not saying you have NO options, but I think keeping Assault Rifle is your best long term play.  Especially if all Unity is getting for it is a single Raptor Bot.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Outcast on January 10, 2015, 11:09:22 PM
Well, i know Parse with the help of Tempest's squall power, and Expat's assault rifle can finish the 3 weaker crew members this round. If Unity doesn't use Expat's assault rifle to make a bot, there's a 75% chance La Capitan's next card would be a card that destroys an ongoing/equipment card. We will have to choose between Tempest's Electrical Storm and Expat's assault rifle. If we intend to keep Expat's assault rifle, then i can see how you would want Unity to draw cards instead and hopefully find and get to use one of her equipments to build her bots around.

That's why i wasn't sure and wanted to ask you guys first.

As to my math, i wasn't thinking about Powered Shock Wave, i was thinking Unity can still draw cards but uses Expat's assault rifle to build Raptor Bot to try to do 2 more damage to every villain.

Raptor Bot is a single target attack, so it won't hit every villain.  And as it's damage is dependent on how many bots are already in play they're pretty meh when alone.  If find them best as your 3th or 4th bot out.  Plus they're so fragile that unless you have some sort of defense up (Stealth Bot) a single hit from a "targets lowest" will usually take them out.

I wasn't thinking about La Caps deck.  If your analysis is correct then perhaps getting Gauge into play is the way to go?

Outcast

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on January 10, 2015, 11:13:00 PM
Raptor Bot is a single target attack.

:doh: I thought it was a multiple target attack. Must have been confused. :wacko:

Ok. That leaves me with little choice then. Gauge can only help a little since i think 3 out of the 4 cards will be able to destroy ongoing and equipment cards. If it's either Raiding Party or the crew Amazing Mable, there's an equal chance that both Electrical Storm and Expat's Assault Rifle will be destroyed in the process. And using Gauge would leave one more crew member standing, Final Breath.

Parse quickly equips one of her arrows with one of her Amplifying arrowheads and fires it at Tempest. (uses Between the Lines to Tempest) Upon hitting Tempest, Parse shouts "That's one of my Amplifying arrows i just hit you with Tempest, you can use one of your powers again which i've amplified a bit to ignore any kind of body armor."

Seeing that Final Breath may still have some fight in him. Parse exclaims "This one looks like it's not ready to give up yet." Gets one of her arrows and fires at the stubborn crew member. (use Pinpoint Shot) "Ok Expatriette, fire without prejudice."

Draw a card to end my turn.

Uncle Yuan

And when Cat recommends that we donate Equipment to Unity for bots he's not saying we're obligated to do so, just to be aware when it's a relatively easy option.  It's like when a villain plays an equipment killing card and we say "You can take my X since I have another in my hand."  Or if you have no great move of your own and an equipment card you don't really need, put it out there for her.  Expat's ammo cards are great for this as she often gets ones that are less than ideal for the situation at hand.  And Unity doesn't absolutely need us to give her equipment to be effective; she actually has a lot of options all on her own.  It's just another thing to keep in mind as we play cards and manage our hands.

Reepicheep

"Ow!"

<_<

Tempest takes the opportunity to use Squall.

He doesn't quite get the science of it, but it seems to work out alright.

Outcast

Parse couldn't help but smile thinking, maybe i should have warned Tempest that it might sting a little bit. :P

catwhowalksbyhimself

Final Breath takes 3 damage and all the other villains take 1.

EDIT: I forgot to add in the Nemesis bonus on the Sentinels' turn.  I have fixed that now.

Parse draws
Spoiler

Impossible Shot: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 target 3 irreducible projectile damage. Draw 1 card.

It is now Expat's turn.

Effects in play:

Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are 3 or more cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.Whenever a Hero card is destroyed by a Villain card, put it under this card.At the end of the Villain turn, La Capitán deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.

At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains X HP, where X = the number of cards under this card. Whenever La Capitán would be dealt Damage, move a card from under this card to the appropriate trash. If you do, prevent that damage. At the end of the Villain turn, if there are no cards under this card, flip La Capitán's Villain Character card.
HP: 68/75 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Final Breath--1/11
Chip--2/8
Trueshot--8/9
Siege-Breaker--8/10
L'Épéiste--2/7
Spoiler

L'Épéiste: 7 hp, Crew, Musketeer--At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP X Energy Damage, where X = the number of Hero Ongoing and Equipment cards in play.
Siege-Breaker: 10 hp, Crew, Cavaliere--Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1.At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the 2 Hero Targets with the highest HP (H) minus 2 Irreducible Fire Damage each.
Final Breath: 11 hp, Crew, Ronin--Increase Damage dealt by this card to Targets with 10 or fewer HP by 1. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 3 Toxic Damage.
Chip: 8 hp, Crew, Flying Ace--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage. At the start of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.
Trueshot: 9 hp, Crew, Amazon--At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Projectile Damage.Whenever a Hero card is played, this card regains (H) minus 1 HP.

Available Powers: Squall: Tempest deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Projectile Damage.

Spoiler

Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Reclaim from the Deep: One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Into the Stratosphere: One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck.Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

Writhe
Power: Extract--Power: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Doctor Medico

Mainstay
Power: Block--Power: Reduce Damage dealt to all your Hero Targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Idealist

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Caliginous Form: Ongoing, Signature--The first time Writhe would be dealt Damage each turn, reduce that Damage by 2 and redirect it to the Villain Target with the highest HP.

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Impossible Shot: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 target 3 irreducible projectile damage. Draw 1 card.
Targeting Arrow: One-Shot--Parse deals 1 Target 1 Irreducible Projectile Damage.Increase Damage dealt to that Target by 1 until the start of your turn.
Gauge: Ongoing--Power: Look at the top card of a deck. Put it on the top or bottom of that deck. You may draw 1 card.
Quick Calculation: One-Shot--Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 on the bottom of your deck and the other 2 in your hand.

Available Powers

In Play:  None
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Shock Rounds: Equipment, Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.When that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, Expatriette deals all non-Hero Targets 1 Lightning Damage. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Liquid Nitrogen Rounds: Equipment,Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.Change that card's Damage type to Cold. After that card's Power is used to Damage a Target, reduce Damage dealt by that Target by 1 until the start of your next turn. After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Quick Draw: One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either "Pride" or "Prejudice" and put it into play.If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.

Available Powers
Bot-Hack: Destroy 1 Equipment card. If you do, put a Mechanical Golem from hand into play.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Bee Bot: 1 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.When this card is destroyed, Unity deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage, and you may destroy 1 Ongoing or Environmental card.
Inspired Repair: One-Shot--You may draw a card.You may play a card.Each Mechanical Golem regains 3 HP.
Powered Shock Wave: One-Shot--Unity deals each Villain Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.
Raptor Bot: 2 hp, Mechanical Golem--This card cannot be played during your play phase.At the end of your turn, this card deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Mechanical Golems in play plus 1.

Spoiler

Security Station: Room--At the start of the Environment turn, a player may discard their hand to destroy an Environment card.

Uncle Yuan

If we can somehow get True Shot to 3 HP by the beginning of my turn I can get rid of her with Fling into Darkness.

Outcast

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on January 11, 2015, 06:24:37 PM
If we can somehow get True Shot to 3 HP by the beginning of my turn I can get rid of her with Fling into Darkness.

With Trueshot's healing factor, i'm afraid that responsibility will likely fall to Tempest. Because even if Unity manages to bring him down to 3HP. He will heal back 4 when Tempest plays a card making his HP 7. So Tempest would need to do 4 HP damage to counter his healing.

For the rest of us, i think if we want to make any significant effect on his HP, we would need to consistently deal at least 5 HP of damage to him. If we can't, he'll be close to almost if not already in full health by the time Tempest plays a card.

Does your nemesis bonus count for the crew members as well?

Reepicheep

Hm, I don't think I could reach 4 damage. For one thing, we have to hope Capitan's next card won't destroy an ongoing, because my storm would be on the line. Into the Deep can do 2hp, but only to the highest villain.

I think I'd be hard pressed to do as much as 2 damage next round.

Outcast

After the weaker crew members, it's probably best to concentrate on Siege Breaker for awhile while we *set things up* for True Shot. Since he's able to attack 2 heroes at once.

*From the cards we have right now. Here's another option for True Shot, Tempest can use Reclaim from the Deep to get his Lightning slash back by the next round. (Expat could get his Assault Rifle if it gets destroyed too)  After he does this though, Parse can use Targeting arrow on True Shot so Tempest can deal him 6 HP damage when he gets to use his Lightning Slash the next round.*

That is , if True Shot heals before taking the damage and La Capitan doesn't play Temporal Thief which robs the top card of a Hero's deck.

If i had my Buffer Overflow, (an Ongoing card which could be destroyed before i have a chance to use it.) i can use it after Tempest uses Into the Stratosphere to True Shot. But as of right now i don't have it......Or what we can use is combine Into the Stratosphere, with Gauge (I can put True Shot at the bottom of the deck), then Sentinels' Writhe can use his base power Extract to discard the bottom card/TrueShot by the next round.  It would be better if i had Extrasensory Awareness.

Deaths Jester

Having found herself once more out in the open, Expat quickly dives towards the nearest cover, slinging the assault rifle she's packing on her back into firing position in the process. (Play Assault Rifle) Without thought, she flips the assault rifles firing mode to three-round burst and takes aim at La Captain's crew.  Three trigger pulls latter, the pained moans of three of the crew members fill the air, as Expat's bullets hit them. (Attack Chip, Final Breath, and  L'Épéist with Assault Rifle) With a slightly wicked grin across her face, Expat ducks back down behind her cover. (Draw card and end turn)

OOC: Sorry it took me so long folks, was in ER past few days trying to find out what's going wrong with me.  Am back now and a bit better.

catwhowalksbyhimself

All three of those go down. 
Expat draws
Spoiler
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment, Limited, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

It is now Unity's turn

Effects in play:

Spoiler

Side A--The Corsair

HP: 68/75 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play:
Trueshot--9/9
Siege-Breaker--8/10
Spoiler

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Writhe

Doctor Medico

Mainstay

Idealist

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Available Powers

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Available Powers
Assault Rifle: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each.

In Play:  Assault Rifle
Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Tactical Shotgun:Equipment, Limited, Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Available Powers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hand
Spoiler

Spoiler

Reepicheep

If Outcast is right and the villain's deck is going to get shuffled fairly imminently, is it worth keeping Trueshot and/or Siege-Breaker alive for now so that we know they remain removed? Or will they do too much damage short term?

Glitch Girl

Unity crouches by the remains of her last bot and tries to salvage what she can.

(okay, I'm going to play Inspired repair in hopes of getting something I can convert into a bot or use to be helpful unless someone has a better suggestion.)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Reepicheep

Alternatively, Glitch, you could draw two cards if you don't play a card or use a power. That way you'll be in a better position next round. But you're right. We're all a bit limited for options here.

Need to get you some equipment cards.

Deaths Jester

If Unity can take equipment cards from a player's hand (not in play yet), she can have my ammo cards.

Glitch Girl

Sadly, they have to be in play before I can destroy them for parts. 

I think I may take Reep's suggestion and just draw 2 this turn instead of wasting Inspired repair.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Outcast

No, i don't think Unity can take Equipment cards from a player's hand. Her base power can only destroy any 1 equipment card that's already in play to put 1 of her bots in play.

I forgot about the option to skip one's turn to draw 2 cards though. Might be useful.

We also have to take into account that while La Capitan is in Corsair mode, cards that are destroyed by Villain Cards get sucked under her card. This includes ongoing, equipment, and bot cards. Not sure about Hero character cards themselves like one of the Sentinels? Right now, she's got 2 cards under her. (Hairtrigger Reflexes and Swift Bot).

Once they get to destroy one or more card from our side, she'll probably flip the next round after that. Then she'll be able to heal the other villain cards by the number of cards that are under her and be able to ignore damage by returning 1 card to it's respective trash pile. It would be great if we limit that number of cards getting sucked that way to 3. That way, she'll only be able to heal 3, or ignore damage 3 times.

Right now, we've got 2 cards at risk of getting destroyed. If Unity adds a bot using her own equipment, that will make it 3 cards. Depending on which card La Capitan plays, it's possible for her to destroy all 3 in one round. If she plays Raiding Party, bringing out Amazing Mable, who could play the next card. And if it's Captain's Orders.....all those 3 cards go down. That's just the worst scenario. I'm hoping it won't play that way.

Edit to add: Yeah maybe it is a good idea to save Inspired repair and bringing out a bot for later.

Outcast

Quote from: Reepicheep on January 13, 2015, 10:20:53 AM
If Outcast is right and the villain's deck is going to get shuffled fairly imminently, is it worth keeping Trueshot and/or Siege-Breaker alive for now so that we know they remain removed? Or will they do too much damage short term?

That idea had crossed my mind but right now, Dr Medico is the only one who can do some healing. La Capitan will probably flip the round after the next one. So there's a chance he would heal Siege Breaker back to full health. Our efforts would have been wasted, and we might have trouble taking him out by then.  All in all, without much healing options, i dont think we can afford to lose more hp. If he does come back after the deck reshuffle, hopefully we would have gotten more useful and better cards to deal with him by then or we would have healed a little bit? Unless you want to risk using Cleansing Downpour? Not sure about what the others might say though.