• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Hero Help! Skins and Meshes.

Started by UnkoMan, May 02, 2007, 09:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

For anybody looking for skins or meshes for their avatars, I'd say come here.

Post with an overview, reference material (words or pictures, but pictures are easier), or even just a call out. Somebody might very well be willing to lend a hand.

If you do find help and get a skin and/or mesh, please edit your post and just strike all the words out. That way we can still see them, but we know which are completed and which still need help. Don't get too antsy if you don't hear from anybody right away, as people have lives outside these boards and can get very busy.

Most of all, have fun buds.

The Hitman

Yeah, and I'll pitch in to help skin/Skope, if help's needed.

Lunarman

This is a request on behalf of Mr Hamrick. The best source of info for him can be found at http://frworld.wikispaces.com/Edgar+Hammond
If possible could someone find time to do a shadow associate as well, otherwise I'll try and do it.

Thankyou to anyone who does this, (if someone does)

Thanks again :)

Lunarman

UnkoMan

I've got a hex for him ready to go. I don't have time to skin it right now due to a project I am working on. If somebody wants it, shoot me a PM. If nobody says anything by the time I am done then I'll do up a skin.

Figure Fan

Hm, ok. I just wanted to know if someone could help me with the Plastic_Man keyframes. I want to hex the "run_2" and "run_3" animations so that they can be selected when choosing a special power such as a sprint.

**NOTE** I'd just like to add them to the list of available keyframes. I'd still like "run" to be the generic animation for running.

Here is the keyframes file: http://figurefan88.googlepages.com/keyframes.zip

If anyone could do this for me I'd really appreciate it. I could never understand the whole hexing or switching of keyframes. Feel free to e-mail the new file to me, too.

Thanks again.

Mr. Hamrick

thanks, Lunarman, Unkoman and whoever else.  Though the skins are only needed if he is to be included in the game.

Also, if someone could link the wiki page to the main list of villains or PM me how then I would appreciate it. 

laughing paradox

Well, I was actually thinking about my own avatar for a bit now, so this is cool.

Laughing Paradox is a criminal that has a resemblance to Citizen Pain from Violent Messiahs.

His abilities are pyrokinesis, telepathy and telekinesis. I had an elaborate history for him, but I can't seem to find where I wrote it down. The formal suit and a wraparound mask combo is what I'm mainly looking for..the stitches aren't needed.

That'd be pretty cool.

UnkoMan

I am currently working on Hamrick's skin. I've decided I might as well do it after all. It might take a little while, but I'll finish it eventually, so you can strike that from the list. Lunarman, if you're still up for shadow minions, that'd be great.

Carravaggio

Quote from: laughing paradox on May 11, 2007, 05:50:02 PM
Well, I was actually thinking about my own avatar for a bit now, so this is cool.
His abilities are pyrokinesis, telepathy and telekinesis. I had an elaborate history for him, but I can't seem to find where I wrote it down. The formal suit and a wraparound mask combo is what I'm mainly looking for..the stitches aren't needed.

i have a skin that is pretty much that. a little tweaking and it should fit the bill perfectly. it goes on the male suit 2 mesh, which has a lot of cool 'direct' power keyframes, meaning it'll look the part for a pyrokinetic and telekinetic

All it would need is a recolour/some slight changes to fit the bill.
the skin is of "the Script", a character concept by Paradox of NPI fame. To distance LP from a generic mask and suit combo, and since you said the stitches are out, can you think of any unique features on the character, such as a mask deign, unique colours etc.? anything that will make him stand out?

Does LP have any minions, such as similarly suited and masked underlings?

laughing paradox

Quote from: Carravaggio on May 12, 2007, 07:11:53 AM
Quote from: laughing paradox on May 11, 2007, 05:50:02 PM

i have a skin that is pretty much that. a little tweaking and it should fit the bill perfectly. it goes on the male suit 2 mesh, which has a lot of cool 'direct' power keyframes, meaning it'll look the part for a pyrokinetic and telekinetic

All it would need is a recolour/some slight changes to fit the bill.
the skin is of "the Script", a character concept by Paradox of NPI fame. To distance LP from a generic mask and suit combo, and since you said the stitches are out, can you think of any unique features on the character, such as a mask deign, unique colours etc.? anything that will make him stand out?

Does LP have any minions, such as similarly suited and masked underlings?

LP is all solo...he was committed to a psych ward because the doctors believed he had schizophrenia, but it was actually his telepathy flaring up at an early age. After a while, he broke out of the ward and he stole one of his psychiatrist's suits. He wears a mask made out of his straightjacket, so maybe it can wrap around, all white with black accents? Slits where the eyes should be...maybe even glowing white or yellow? The mouth can appear cut open. Maybe even a buckle in the back of his head, latching the mask together?  Take some artistic license.

I would like the suit and tie to be black, or dark blue, and the shirt to be white. Black shoes. The mask should be black and white, too.

Thank you so much!

BatWing

hey is this the new avatar request thread now?
cause that will be great! :thumbup:

Lunarman

It's an avatar request thread but only for people submitting to the FR conversion mod. Those without skins :)

BatWing

Peerless1

So here goes:  I have no mesh and no skin, but would love to get in on this.  :bandwagon

Peerless1 (or Victor Wikken) is what I call a negative empath.  His power is to win.  Basically he absorbs the abilities of others and uses the opposite ability to defeat them.  If anyone else remembers the Metropolitain from Wildstorm's Monarchy:  "My friends...they made me especially to kill something like you. ... I am flashflood and wildfire. ... Our name is Metropolitain. And there has never been a thing like me."  [Monarchy 12 p10, panels 2 and 3]
For game purposes, a power absorber with some energy based melee weapons or fingertip claws.  C-6 mesh styled helmet would work, heck, until I make my own, any scifi armored char works.  (Maybe Tommy's Wildfire reboot without the jetpack.)  I once did a sketch of the basic idea.  If I can find it, I will scan and post it.  Looks-wise though, he's alot like Archer from XFactor, a member of Bishop's X-police group.
Other than a midnight blue and silver color scheme, I will not be too picky.  If anyone wants to help, take creative license--so much beautiful work around here, I could not be disappointed.  :jeyrox

I will start re-designing a playable hero file. I haven't used him in  :ffvstr: yet. :oops:

Sorry this is so long.  I tend to be verbose.  :wacko:
Thanks all.  :P

Many thanks to Unkoman for an overnight avatar delivery.  Now I just need a hex/skope and a skin.  But dang!  This is what I was looking for--even better than I imagined!

UnkoMan

I saw this in requests... With a slight birdlike motif, too.

I was thinking about drawing something up. I will try to make something that can actually be skinned... that is, assuming you want just a drawing still, seeing as you have one of your own somewhere.

Peerless1

Quote from: UnkoMan on May 18, 2007, 10:07:35 PM
I saw this in requests... With a slight birdlike motif, too.

I was thinking about drawing something up. I will try to make something that can actually be skinned... that is, assuming you want just a drawing still, seeing as you have one of your own somewhere.

That would be great!  I am not even sure I still have the sketch.  Any help at all here is wonderful.  :thumbup:  (The bird thing is entirely optional...)

He once was called Stormcrow (yes, after Gandalf).

email = PeerlessWon@gmail.com or mwolden69@yahoo.com (gmail seems a bit iffy right now)

BatWing

now i can finally see how your avatar hero looks like! :cool:

UnkoMan

No need for e-mail. It's just a simple, small sketch.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I dunno if this is the sort of thing you're going for... It's pretty simple. Those glowing jimmies on the gloves would be where you'd hold your power. I'd imagine the fingers could have silver tips, too. Claws that could be charge with energy. And then energy from the jimmies could also be used to form a sort of "captain america" type shield or something. I dunno... It's up to you.

It could probably be skinned on Syn's Quasar mesh, assuming the cape is alphable. I'm not certain.

Carravaggio

Quote from: UnkoMan on May 18, 2007, 11:32:53 PM

It could probably be skinned on Syn's Quasar mesh, assuming the cape is alphable. I'm not certain.

Yeah with a quick 'skope to add an appropriate helmet, that should be very do-able

Peerless1

Quote from: UnkoMan on May 18, 2007, 11:32:53 PM
No need for e-mail. It's just a simple, small sketch.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I dunno if this is the sort of thing you're going for... It's pretty simple. Those glowing jimmies on the gloves would be where you'd hold your power. I'd imagine the fingers could have silver tips, too. Claws that could be charge with energy. And then energy from the jimmies could also be used to form a sort of "captain america" type shield or something. I dunno... It's up to you.

:agentclap :agentclap :agentclap :agentclap :agentclap :agentclap :agentclap :agentclap :agentclap :agentclap :agentclap :agentclap
Wow.  That actually is similar in many ways to my apparently lost sketch.  I didn't do a cape back then, but I ...  :sahweet ...really like it! That was an awesome overnight delivery! Are you sure you're not FedEx/Kinko-Man?  :cool: [And for my own personal curiosity...what is Unko?]   
:xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool :xancool
*No longer  :banghead: and  :ph34r: the camera.  I have a new avatar in the making!*
Thanks so much.  *Tears of joy well up in eyes.*

BatWing

1+1

i want one too for the fr mod! :thumbup:

the design is my avatar

now it may seem strange that he has a lightsaber and guns but come on i like lightsaber :thumbup:

now i must come up with a story!

BatWing

Peerless1

Why thank you, Raijin.  *flushes in "feigned" embarassment*  :)

For any of you who want to kick my avatar's butt in the game (so far that seems to be just the Brow-beater  :lol:) :hcboot , he is available for download at my yahoo group [see post in releases].  Make him as weak as you want, cause he's sneaky, and he just might win anyway.  That is to say, "I still have to make a working hero file.  Been *yawn* skoping all week."  :P

BatWing

your skoping is pretty cool
i still can't follow through the tutorial

XLR8er

could anyone here skin my avatar hero? :D
and it would be on mur's kidflash mesh and anyone could like hex a visor on him to.
but i would need murs permission for hex

EDIT: mur did not make the kidflash
if you guys could just put on a visor on kidflash mesh and skinned that would be awsome!

UnkoMan

XLR8er seems like he'd be pretty easy to skin. If you send me an already hexed mesh, I could give it a shot.

XLR8er

well its just a kidflash but with a visor on him
i don't know how to use hexing? :blink:

UnkoMan

Alright, I should be able to do that. Link me to the Kid Flash mesh, and the mesh with the goggles, assuming they are alright for hexing, and I'll do it.