• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Thrilling Exploits of... (Game has started- see other thread!)

Started by Alaric, April 30, 2007, 04:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Yuan

Alaric mentioned in game that he had some RL stuff coming up and that he wouldn't be able to run the game for a while.  He didn't mention how long he would be out, though.

Alaric

Alaric

Note: Could people please make sure they have room in their personal messages? I suspect at least one message I've sent to someone may not have reached the person.

Panther_Gunn

So much for the "no limit" on PM's we were supposed to have.  I'm just glad I'm not the only one having the problem (so's I can't be called crazy).  Must be a heck of a fix, if it's got Randy stumped.

*sigh*.....time to go delete, delete, delete......

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on May 20, 2007, 06:28:51 PMRay's Story:

Quote from: Alaric on May 20, 2007, 05:24:40 PMAs you're leaving, the man in the trenchcoat approaches you. He asks, "Hey, who was that guy? What's going on?"

Just now noticing the man, Ray responds: "Oh, just a friend, going through some rough times.  Sometimes the pressures of the everyday can make even the most calm person shout in frustration.  Nothing to be concerned about, I assure you."

ooc & oog:  *waggles his fingers while saying the last sentence, continuing with:* "These are not the people* you seek.  There is nothing to fear here.  All is well.  There are neither demons, walking dead, nor insane alien gods prepared to eat your brain and/or soul.  Go on about your business, citizen."

*pulls out small rod with dials on it that makes a bright flash, just in case*

*: I couldn't very well say "droids" here, could I? :lol:

Glitch Girl

hee hee hee...

"These are not the dorks you are looking for...."  :D

At the moment, I'm 10 under my quota so I should be okay, but I haven't gotten anything recently.  If something was sent and lost, let me know.

BTW: Alaric, take your time.  I know these things can be massive time eaters to GM.  Just wanted to make sure all was well in general.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 20, 2007, 07:47:41 PMLizzie follows closely, taking Hertzy's arm (I assume he's still holding onto Ashi) and witha quick "Shall we go?" start heading for the door.

Holy shades of Oz, Batman!   :lol:

Viking

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on May 20, 2007, 11:14:03 PM
Holy shades of Oz, Batman!   :lol:

Except this time, Toto's a bit more vicious and will hack your arm off if you look at him funny...

Glitch Girl

Yup, it sounds like someone needs a hug.  ;)

And that sound you hear is L Frank Baum spinning in his grave at this lot in Oz.  ;)

BlueBard

Does that make me The Tin Man or The Scarecrow?

I gotta know whether to ask The Wizard for a heart or a brain.

Viking

I'd say you're closer to being the Tin Man, BB.  Frank apparently sees himself as a monster, which by extension implies viewing himself as a heartless beast.  Despite this, his actions thus far have shown him to be a caring individual - i.e., having a big heart all along.

Of course, we have rather a larger corral of characters than the core that appears in Oz.  I've got no clue as to how Patch would fit into that genre...

Glitch Girl

Hmm... that's a toughie. I'd like to say the Hungry Tiger because he can't resolve his desire to eat a fat baby with his conscience telling him not to. 

It's been a few years since I read the series though, so there might be a minor character more suited that I'm forgetting about. 

Alaric

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 20, 2007, 07:50:18 PM

At the moment, I'm 10 under my quota so I should be okay, but I haven't gotten anything recently.  If something was sent and lost, let me know.

Just out of curiosity, what is the current maximum?

Alaric

Since most of you have had the oportunity to observe each other more closely now, I'm going to go ahead and post the descriptions from your character sheets here, each paired with the "in-game" descriptions from Glitch Girl's post.

THE CAST in depth

Frank Stein
Quote from: FrankI am, not to put too fine a point on it, a hulking monster of a man.  I stand nearly seven feet tall and I am big.  My shoulders are very broad and the ill-fitting dark clothing I wear cannot hide my barrel-like chest, beefy hands that look as if they could bend steel, and long legs like small tree trunks.

I wear a weather-beaten hat on my head, pulled down low.  The collar of my trenchcoat is pulled up as far as I can.  But it cannot disguise the pale, greyish complexion of my skin, nor my brutish, craggy facial features criss-crossed with disfiguring scars.

The scowl I currently wear completes the ugly picture, and it is no small wonder that people shy away from me with frightened glances and quickly look away as they get as far from me as possible.

Frank is Big with a Capital B and Ugly with a Capital U. He has black hair, craggy facial features, a pale, greyish complexion, scars all over his body, one blue eye and one brown eye. Frank has a deep voice but doesn't talk much due to a speech impediment (stutters). He is quite shy and normally gentle, but is able to act menacing without too much effort. Frank gets angry when helpless people are taken advantage of or bullied. He gets frustrated when he forgets his strength and accidentally breaks something (which may result in something else getting broken). He is very careful not to accidentally hurt people around him, which often leaves the mistaken impression that he is slow. He wears an ill-fitting dark suit that's just a bit too small for him and a large trenchcoat that fits passably on him.

Elizabeth "Lizzie" Cunningham
Quote from: LizzieMy name is Elizabeth Cunningham, but most folks just call me "Lizzie".  Some say I'm a little rough around the edges, but as my poppa says "roughness adds character".  I look a little younger than I actually am, which is about mid-to-late-twenties.  Don't ask my exact age though - it ain't polite.   

I've got a bit of a worker's tan from being outside a lot and I like simple clothing with pockets.  Ah pockets, man's greatest invention next to the airplane.  Right now, I'm wearing a sand colored t-shirt under an explorer's vest (with lots of pockets), cargo pants (more pockets), and a pair of slightly scuffed boots.

Right now I've got my hair tied back.  It's reddish brown, though not as red as my momma's, and it's curly.  I have my poppa's eyes though, grey-green like a misty forest like momma says. 

Lizzie's a 5'7 ball of energy... well, figuratively speaking of course. A young semi-tanned woman, she appears to be of English or possibly Scottish descent, with reddish brown curls that reach her shoulders when not tied back, and grey-green eyes. She tends to wear a sand colored t-shirt under an explorer's vest with lots of pockets, cargo pants, and boots.

Patch "Briar Patch" Briarson
Quote from: PatchThe name's Patch Briarson.  Wasn't too long before people made the obvious joke of calling me "Briar" Patch, and the name just kinda stuck.  Works as well as any, I suppose - you could say I have a certain knack for finding my way out of trouble.  Into trouble as well, but that's a different story.

I wear the standard-issue trenchcoat and fedora that came into vogue ever since Humphrey Bogart started appearing on the silver screen as Sam Spade.  Hey, who am I to buck a trend?  But aside from the job and the duds, that's where the resemblance ends between me and Mr. Sam Spade.  I haven't been at this long enough to have that world-weary expression on my face.  (Though I will admit, Bogart does make that look cool.)  Nope, I'm still young and naive enough to keep a cocky grin on my face.

Patch Briarson, Third Eye Detective Agency - "We Always Know Where To Look."  You can find me in the phone book.

He wears the trenchcoat and fedora that are typical of Humphrey Bogart playing Sam Spade. His face is nothing like Humphrey Bogart's, though. I'm envisioning dark hair, dark eyes, mischievous grin. Definitely the look of a young man.

Envoy
Quote from: EnvoyFirst, my neck is sort of cranked like that of an hunchback. My eyes glare red, they even do that in the dark sometimes. I don't consider myself short and stubby, but then again, most people do consider me that way. People can't even describe my face. It's like I'm a mystery book to them, and their not reading. Also, when I was a kid, whenever I was in public, people started screaming and yelling, and running away. But now as an adult, they just move on with their lives... Strange...

Humped back and blairing eyes, he looks like he just escaped from prison. His hair is very messy and looks like a greasy black mess, like he hasn't shampooed it in years. His face isn't particulary attractive, just as long as people don't come next to him, he's okay. His voice is low and and croaky, like a bullfrog talking to a gorilla. He doesn't like people, like getting particularly attatched to anyone. But for some reason he loves to help people.

Ashikyo
Quote from: AshiSheesh. I've been having a bad day, and this man not only collides into me, but runs away.  Of course, he has good reason.  It's not every day you hear a death threat coming from a kid with demonic swords.  That's right.  I'm really in my late 20's, but complications arose, and now, I'm stuck at the age of either 9 or 10.  Kind of hard to tell.  But that didn't change my thoughts.  My face also got affected though.  I can hardly show emotion with it.  I still do what I do.  Things have just been a bit different for me since then.

His physical form is that of a child 9-10 years of age. His face is almost conastantly emotionless. He wears traditional Japanese warrior clothing (black kimono, black devided hakama, white obi, white tabi, black zori). He also wears a wide, flat, circular hat. He has short, black hair. He has no sheathe, as his sword doesn't need one. Despite his child body, he acts like an adult, and when he sees a bottle of liquor lying around, he picks it up, but puts it down, remembering that, because of his physical state, he probally can't hold his liqour. He has a cool, calm demanor. Sometimes, he tries to crack jokes, but because he can't change the emotions on his face too well, people often thinks his jokes are serious.

Dr. Ray Kostanzis
Quote from: RayWith the action & attention level ratcheting up so suddenly, Ray quickly flashes to how *he* must look in all this, and if he's blending in well enough.  Being a little bit larger & a little bit heavier than your average Joe, the grey trenchcoat and fedora (because gentlemen always wear hats when properly attired) go a long way to helping him slip back into the crowd.  Even the well-groomed brown hair and almost baby-faced appearance don't stand out too much.  But then there's the cane.  Yes, that could be a giveaway, to anyone who might be looking for it.  Made of a lacquered, but unstained, light wood (perhaps even old ivory?), capped & tipped in silver, it's definitely not "average".  But, no, of *course* it doesn't stand out. 

Not that much. 

A little larger and heavier than average. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Glasses. Appears a little bookwormish/studious. Tends to keep to himself. Most people tend to get that "he's weird" feeling about him. I'm sure the occasional muttering to himself doesn't help that much. Has been witnessed to be somewhat superstitious.

Steven Littlefield
Quote from: SteveI glance at the mirror over the dresser, Jeepers, I look a mess.  Can't go to the polics looking like this!  Holding the phone with my shoulder I try to clean myself up while talking to Mr. Plant.  I take a couple futile swipes at my hair, trying to arrange a few of the thinning blond whisps to cover up my bald spot.  Sigh, the bald would bother me less if I didn't have such a baby face. I'm only 36, for cryin' out loud.  I retighten my generic "business man's" tie.

Tuck in the shirt tail over a belly grown just slightly too soft from too many hours sitting in front of a drafting table.  And I used to be in such good shape too.  Well, Steven, that was a long time ago.  No use crying over spilt milk.

Getting my off-the-rack suit jacket back over my broad shoulders takes a bit of manuevering, switching the phone from one side to the other while I listen to Mr. Plant's reply.  I glance around and spy my grey felt hat next to my brief case on the bed.

Robust man approaching middle age with a bit of a spread. He is extremely easy-going and "golly gee" nice.

Doctor Mortimer Hertziwits
Quote from: HertzyOne of the pictures in the wall is off-center slightly, which only serves to draw attention to the fact that the good doctor's own bowtie is also off-center and his suit coat, while clean and wrinkle free, is a worn a bit crooked and lopsided.  In fact his whole demeanor somehow reminds one of an absent-minded professor, although it's obvious that one of his profession cannot be all THAT absent minded.  His overweight belly and while hair and beard causing him to resemble Santa Claus if he weren't wearing a business suit only serve to add to this impression.

Dr. Herziwits ("Hertzy" to his friends) is a slightly overweight, kindly gentleman doctor in him mid-50's. His white hair and beard, and fondness for children, causes him to be often mistaken for Santa Clause around Christmas time.

Glitch Girl

Quote from: Alaric on May 23, 2007, 05:20:07 AM

50 in inbox, no idea about the sent box.

PS: Updated the descriptions to include the revised description of Hertzy.

Alaric

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 23, 2007, 06:08:00 AM
Quote from: Alaric on May 23, 2007, 05:20:07 AM

50 in inbox, no idea about the sent box.

PS: Updated the descriptions to include the revised description of Hertzy.

I currently have 182 messages in my inbox, and I'm still recieving messages. Did you by any chance mean 500, instead of 50, or am I just very, very lucky?

Updated my description post.

Glitch Girl

Very lucky apparently.  Someone told me stuff bounced on mine ater it got up to 50.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 23, 2007, 06:36:27 AM
Very lucky apparently.  Someone told me stuff bounced on mine ater it got up to 50.

Ditto.  When I asked Randy about it, he couldn't see any reason why it was acting that way.

Uncle Yuan

QuoteYou realize it's not the trash can itself drawing your attention, so much as an area just beyond it. There's a circular area of the ground that's obviously cleaner than the surrounding area. It fades as it extends outward. In the center is some sort of small metal canister.

OOC: it's not glowing, is it?

Narrator voice over: "Carefully, gingerly, the hulking Frank reaches out towards the glowing canister"

Frank: "This must be what's he's looking for!  I wonder what it could be! 

WAIT!  The canister is opening . . .

ARGH!!! . . . some sort of . . . energy, flowing . . . AHHH! . . . through me! 

M-my hands!  The-they're getting SMALLER!  And my feet!  I'm getting shorter!!  I . . . I . . . I feel so . . . nimble!  Light on my feet!  Like I could dance!

And my reflection in the window!  Why . . I'm HANDSOME!!

I
feel like I could dance!!

Even the people who I tried to help ran away and called me monster.  No more!!!  Now they will call me . . ."

"Fancyfeet Frank!!"

Narrator: "And so Patriot City's most unusual new protector dances off into the night, ready to tap out evil with his fancy footwork!"

Music Fade out over the retreating dancer:
"If you're blue and you don't know where to go to,
Why don't you go where fashion fits?"

All together now for the last line . . .

kkhohoho

Quote from: Alaric on May 23, 2007, 05:32:06 AM
Since most of you have had the oportunity to observe each other more closely now, I'm going to go ahead and post the descriptions from your character sheets here, each paired with the "in-game" descriptions from Glitch Girl's post.

THE CAST in depth

Frank Stein
Quote from: FrankI am, not to put too fine a point on it, a hulking monster of a man.  I stand nearly seven feet tall and I am big.  My shoulders are very broad and the ill-fitting dark clothing I wear cannot hide my barrel-like chest, beefy hands that look as if they could bend steel, and long legs like small tree trunks.

I wear a weather-beaten hat on my head, pulled down low.  The collar of my trenchcoat is pulled up as far as I can.  But it cannot disguise the pale, greyish complexion of my skin, nor my brutish, craggy facial features criss-crossed with disfiguring scars.

The scowl I currently wear completes the ugly picture, and it is no small wonder that people shy away from me with frightened glances and quickly look away as they get as far from me as possible.

Frank is Big with a Capital B and Ugly with a Capital U. He has black hair, craggy facial features, a pale, greyish complexion, scars all over his body, one blue eye and one brown eye. Frank has a deep voice but doesn't talk much due to a speech impediment (stutters). He is quite shy and normally gentle, but is able to act menacing without too much effort. Frank gets angry when helpless people are taken advantage of or bullied. He gets frustrated when he forgets his strength and accidentally breaks something (which may result in something else getting broken). He is very careful not to accidentally hurt people around him, which often leaves the mistaken impression that he is slow. He wears an ill-fitting dark suit that's just a bit too small for him and a large trenchcoat that fits passably on him.

Elizabeth "Lizzie" Cunningham
Quote from: LizzieMy name is Elizabeth Cunningham, but most folks just call me "Lizzie".  Some say I'm a little rough around the edges, but as my poppa says "roughness adds character".  I look a little younger than I actually am, which is about mid-to-late-twenties.  Don't ask my exact age though - it ain't polite.   

I've got a bit of a worker's tan from being outside a lot and I like simple clothing with pockets.  Ah pockets, man's greatest invention next to the airplane.  Right now, I'm wearing a sand colored t-shirt under an explorer's vest (with lots of pockets), cargo pants (more pockets), and a pair of slightly scuffed boots.

Right now I've got my hair tied back.  It's reddish brown, though not as red as my momma's, and it's curly.  I have my poppa's eyes though, grey-green like a misty forest like momma says. 

Lizzie's a 5'7 ball of energy... well, figuratively speaking of course. A young semi-tanned woman, she appears to be of English or possibly Scottish descent, with reddish brown curls that reach her shoulders when not tied back, and grey-green eyes. She tends to wear a sand colored t-shirt under an explorer's vest with lots of pockets, cargo pants, and boots.

Patch "Briar Patch" Briarson
Quote from: PatchThe name's Patch Briarson.  Wasn't too long before people made the obvious joke of calling me "Briar" Patch, and the name just kinda stuck.  Works as well as any, I suppose - you could say I have a certain knack for finding my way out of trouble.  Into trouble as well, but that's a different story.

I wear the standard-issue trenchcoat and fedora that came into vogue ever since Humphrey Bogart started appearing on the silver screen as Sam Spade.  Hey, who am I to buck a trend?  But aside from the job and the duds, that's where the resemblance ends between me and Mr. Sam Spade.  I haven't been at this long enough to have that world-weary expression on my face.  (Though I will admit, Bogart does make that look cool.)  Nope, I'm still young and naive enough to keep a cocky grin on my face.

Patch Briarson, Third Eye Detective Agency - "We Always Know Where To Look."  You can find me in the phone book.

He wears the trenchcoat and fedora that are typical of Humphrey Bogart playing Sam Spade. His face is nothing like Humphrey Bogart's, though. I'm envisioning dark hair, dark eyes, mischievous grin. Definitely the look of a young man.

Envoy
Quote from: EnvoyFirst, my neck is sort of cranked like that of an hunchback. My eyes glare red, they even do that in the dark sometimes. I don't consider myself short and stubby, but then again, most people do consider me that way. People can't even describe my face. It's like I'm a mystery book to them, and their not reading. Also, when I was a kid, whenever I was in public, people started screaming and yelling, and running away. But now as an adult, they just move on with their lives... Strange...

Humped back and blairing eyes, he looks like he just escaped from prison. His hair is very messy and looks like a greasy black mess, like he hasn't shampooed it in years. His face isn't particulary attractive, just as long as people don't come next to him, he's okay. His voice is low and and croaky, like a bullfrog talking to a gorilla. He doesn't like people, like getting particularly attatched to anyone. But for some reason he loves to help people.

Ashikyo
Quote from: AshiSheesh. I've been having a bad day, and this man not only collides into me, but runs away.  Of course, he has good reason.  It's not every day you hear a death threat coming from a kid with demonic swords.  That's right.  I'm really in my late 20's, but complications arose, and now, I'm stuck at the age of either 9 or 10.  Kind of hard to tell.  But that didn't change my thoughts.  My face also got affected though.  I can hardly show emotion with it.  I still do what I do.  Things have just been a bit different for me since then.

His physical form is that of a child 9-10 years of age. His face is almost conastantly emotionless. He wears traditional Japanese warrior clothing (black kimono, black devided hakama, white obi, white tabi, black zori). He also wears a wide, flat, circular hat. He has short, black hair. He has no sheathe, as his sword doesn't need one. Despite his child body, he acts like an adult, and when he sees a bottle of liquor lying around, he picks it up, but puts it down, remembering that, because of his physical state, he probally can't hold his liqour. He has a cool, calm demanor. Sometimes, he tries to crack jokes, but because he can't change the emotions on his face too well, people often thinks his jokes are serious.

Dr. Ray Kostanzis
Quote from: RayWith the action & attention level ratcheting up so suddenly, Ray quickly flashes to how *he* must look in all this, and if he's blending in well enough.  Being a little bit larger & a little bit heavier than your average Joe, the grey trenchcoat and fedora (because gentlemen always wear hats when properly attired) go a long way to helping him slip back into the crowd.  Even the well-groomed brown hair and almost baby-faced appearance don't stand out too much.  But then there's the cane.  Yes, that could be a giveaway, to anyone who might be looking for it.  Made of a lacquered, but unstained, light wood (perhaps even old ivory?), capped & tipped in silver, it's definitely not "average".  But, no, of *course* it doesn't stand out. 

Not that much. 

A little larger and heavier than average. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Glasses. Appears a little bookwormish/studious. Tends to keep to himself. Most people tend to get that "he's weird" feeling about him. I'm sure the occasional muttering to himself doesn't help that much. Has been witnessed to be somewhat superstitious.

Steven Littlefield
Quote from: SteveI glance at the mirror over the dresser, Jeepers, I look a mess.  Can't go to the polics looking like this!  Holding the phone with my shoulder I try to clean myself up while talking to Mr. Plant.  I take a couple futile swipes at my hair, trying to arrange a few of the thinning blond whisps to cover up my bald spot.  Sigh, the bald would bother me less if I didn't have such a baby face. I'm only 36, for cryin' out loud.  I retighten my generic "business man's" tie.

Tuck in the shirt tail over a belly grown just slightly too soft from too many hours sitting in front of a drafting table.  And I used to be in such good shape too.  Well, Steven, that was a long time ago.  No use crying over spilt milk.

Getting my off-the-rack suit jacket back over my broad shoulders takes a bit of manuevering, switching the phone from one side to the other while I listen to Mr. Plant's reply.  I glance around and spy my grey felt hat next to my brief case on the bed.

Robust man approaching middle age with a bit of a spread. He is extremely easy-going and "golly gee" nice.

Doctor Mortimer Hertziwits
Quote from: HertzyOne of the pictures in the wall is off-center slightly, which only serves to draw attention to the fact that the good doctor's own bowtie is also off-center and his suit coat, while clean and wrinkle free, is a worn a bit crooked and lopsided.  In fact his whole demeanor somehow reminds one of an absent-minded professor, although it's obvious that one of his profession cannot be all THAT absent minded.  His overweight belly and while hair and beard causing him to resemble Santa Claus if he weren't wearing a business suit only serve to add to this impression.

Dr. Herziwits ("Hertzy" to his friends) is a slightly overweight, kindly gentleman doctor in him mid-50's. His white hair and beard, and fondness for children, causes him to be often mistaken for Santa Clause around Christmas time.

However, characters may have "evolved" into different characterzations since their initial character sheets...

Glitch Girl

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on May 23, 2007, 07:34:47 PM
QuoteYou realize it's not the trash can itself drawing your attention, so much as an area just beyond it. There's a circular area of the ground that's obviously cleaner than the surrounding area. It fades as it extends outward. In the center is some sort of small metal canister.

Narrator voice over: "Carefully, gingerly, the hulking Frank reaches out towards the glowing canister"

M-my hands!  The-they're getting SMALLER!  And my feet!  I'm getting shorter!!  I . . . I . . . I feel so . . . nimble!  Light on my feet!  Like I could dance!

I

Even the people who I tried to help ran away and called me monster.  No more!!!  Now they will call me . . ."

"Fancyfeet Frank!!"

Narrator: "And so Patriot City's most unusual new protector dances off into the night, ready to tap out evil with his fancy footwork!"

All together now
for the last line . . .
"PUDDDINONNARIIIIIIZZZZZ"

:D

(actually, I thought of mutant turtles first, but this works too)

Alaric

At least a couple of times recently, players have missed entire pages in the game, leading to some confusion. Just want to see if anyone has any ideas as to how to minimize that problem.

Alaric

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on May 23, 2007, 07:34:47 PM

I

"Fancyfeet Frank!!"

All together now for the last line . . .

Heh. Too bad Frank's last name isn't Styles. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the "is it glowing?" question, in a post about someone named "Frank", was "More Energy X... flowing into me! I feel stronger, more powerful!"

Actually, it was kind of funny seeing this post last night... Earlier in the evening, I had been thinking about the superhero game I almost ran instead of this one, and thinking about this game, and suddenly I came up with a whole team of mostly tongue-in-cheek superheroes based on the characters in this game, complete with backgrounds... I'm really tempted to do something with them...

catwhowalksbyhimself

In my case it was simple because there were FAR most posts in the course of just a couple of hours than I was expecting, and I think a couple were very, very similar to each other, but on different page, leading me to go, "Oh, there's where I left off" when that wasn't the right place at all.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Alaric on May 24, 2007, 09:03:05 AM
At least a couple of times recently, players have missed entire pages in the game, leading to some confusion. Just want to see if anyone has any ideas as to how to minimize that problem.

My problem was just forgetting that there was another page to read (after the one I was on, & responding to).  I did, however, read them under the message window before I finished (did it again today, too).  I guess that just means the game's so good that I forget to read it all before wanting to respond.   :thumbup:

btw, this will probably be my last post until possibly very late on Monday.  Driving down to the Bay Area this afternoon for my sister's wedding.  Yeah, lookin forward to *that* drive. <_<

Glitch Girl

Have a good trip Panther_Gunn.  Not familiar with the exact drive in question, but I hope it doesn't take too long.

And anyone wh's vacationing this weekend, have a good Memorial Day Weekend. :)

BlueBard

Heh... I just about keeled over laughing at UY's version of events. 

Only here could one find a scene from the twisted alternate reality 'Freedom Force Meets Young Frankenstein'.  :rolleyes:

PUH-PUDDIINNONNARIIIZZ!!!

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: BlueBard on May 24, 2007, 02:02:14 PM
Only here could one find a scene from the twisted alternate reality 'Freedom Force Meets Young Frankenstein'.  :rolleyes:

And that, my friend, is entirely the twist I was aiming for.   ^_^

The corollary to your statement is that only here could we find a group of people who could get (and appreciate) such a scene!

Glitch Girl

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on May 24, 2007, 03:33:15 PM
Quote from: BlueBard on May 24, 2007, 02:02:14 PM

And that, my friend, is entirely the twist I was aiming for.   ^_^

The corollary to your statement is that only here could we find a group of people who could get (and appreciate) such a scene!
amen to that.  :D

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Alaric on May 24, 2007, 09:10:36 AM
Actually, it was kind of funny seeing this post last night... Earlier in the evening, I had been thinking about the superhero game I almost ran instead of this one, and thinking about this game, and suddenly I came up with a whole team of mostly tongue-in-cheek superheroes based on the characters in this game, complete with backgrounds... I'm really tempted to do something with them...

Well, you're the GM . . . how are we to know if you switch things up mid-stride?  ;)

|