• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Thrilling Exploits of... (Game has started- see other thread!)

Started by Alaric, April 30, 2007, 04:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

BlueBard

Hits sung by "The Raging Weasels" on their first album:

(We all live in a) "Yellow Habitrail"
"Imagine" (all the weasels)
"Sgt. Pfeffer's Rodent Fan Club Band"
"I wanna hold your hamster"

Viking

Quote from: BlueBard on May 07, 2007, 01:13:37 PM
My new character creates a rock band called "The Raging Weasels".  It becomes a huge hit in England, thus overshadowing the budding careers of four musicians in Liverpool and changing history forever....

Oh yeah?  Well... then....  my new character is the aforementioned Mad Scientist, and he hires a lawyer to sue The Raging Weasels for copyright and trademark infringement!

Glitch Girl

BlueBard

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 07, 2007, 01:26:31 PM
Guess I'll be Yoho Oh-No.

[warbles badly]  :D

Of course, she'll have to marry 'Raging Weasel' songwriter John Lemming.

Viking

Quote from: BlueBard on May 07, 2007, 01:29:43 PM

Who in turn dies tragically as his car goes sailing over a cliff.  He never did pay attention to warnings against tailgating...

Glitch Girl

Yoho:
Quote from: Viking on May 07, 2007, 01:34:55 PM
Quote from: BlueBard on May 07, 2007, 01:29:43 PM

Who in turn dies tragically as his car goes sailing over a cliff.  He never did pay attention to warnings against tailgating...
Yoho: "Oh NO!!!"  :P

Spam

*runs around impatiently*

I CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE ANY LONGER!!

FORIAMSPAM!

Glitch Girl

Well, that's six so far. Wonder if the final two will make an appearance in the pregame show before the real game starts.

BlueBard

kkhohoho

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 07, 2007, 02:02:24 PM
Well, that's six so far. Wonder if the final two will make an appearance in the pregame show before the real game starts.

...AND HERRRRRRRRRRE'S KKHOHOHO! :D........Wait...you mean this isn't-...-Well, I thought that this was one of those talkshows about sports that are done before the game, so I just thought I'd-...-Yes, I understand miss.  Why don't I get you one of those brand new weasel albums before the game starts? :D  *Runs like the dickens.*

BlueBard

You realize we're in serious danger of having this entire thread shipped off to the Revolving Name Forum due to gravity leakage, don't you?

Then the title of the game will have to be: "When Forums Collide"

Alaric

Y'know, after reading what's happened to this thread, I'm almost afraid to start the game... it'll just be anticlimactic after what's been going on here...

Viking

Quote from: Alaric on May 07, 2007, 02:44:24 PM
Y'know, after reading what's happened to this thread, I'm almost afraid to start the game... it'll just be anticlimactic after what's been going on here...

Don't try to weasel out of it, Alaric!  We'll go rabid on you!  We'll hamstring ya... with hamsters!  (Would that mean that we'd be hamstering him?)

Spam

*dun-dun-duuun*

The thread is up.

I like the poster, Alaric. :)

FORIAMSPAM!

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Viking on May 07, 2007, 02:48:05 PM
Quote from: Alaric on May 07, 2007, 02:44:24 PM

Don't try to weasel out of it, Alaric!  We'll go rabid on you!  We'll hamstring ya... with hamsters!  (Would that mean that we'd be hamstering him?)

Too late, Viking.  He already cut you in half!   :lol:

btw, I like the idea of non-participant comments being in a seperate thread.  I always felt like I would be intruding on things if I had a comment of some kind about MSI.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteWell, that's six so far. Wonder if the final two will make an appearance in the pregame show before the real game starts.

I absolutely refuse to to do so.

Oh--dang it!

On a more serious note, I see the prologue's there, but I'm confused as to whether or not that means the game itself is open.

Glitch Girl

Game commentary
Quote from: kkhohoho on May 07, 2007, 05:29:09 PM
Quote from: Alaric on May 07, 2007, 04:25:53 PM
The game... Begins!!!

Ashikyo-

As you walk along a narrow street, suddenly, a thin figure rushes around the corner, coliding with you.

"OOF!"  This was supposed to be a good country.  Instead, one of it's residents just knocked me to the ground.  In Japan, this would never have happened!  With that thought, Ahikyo creates a demonic sword in his right hand, and points it at the man.  "If you want to live, tell me what your reason for your hastiness is!"

GEEZ kkhohoho! Is there not a word for "subtle" in your character's neck of the world? 

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 07, 2007, 05:32:43 PM
Game commentary
The game... Begins!!!

Ashikyo-

As you walk along a narrow street, suddenly, a thin figure rushes around the corner, coliding with you.

"OOF!"  This was supposed to be a good country.  Instead, one of it's residents just knocked me to the ground.  In Japan, this would never have happened!  With that thought, Ahikyo creates a demonic sword in his right hand, and points it at the man.  "If you want to live, tell me what your reason for your hastiness is!"

GEEZ kkhohoho! Is there not a word for "subtle" in your character's neck of the world? 

Probably not, but I'll bet there's 57 different words for "overkill"!  :P

kkhohoho

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 07, 2007, 05:32:43 PM
Game commentary
The game... Begins!!!

Ashikyo-

Well, Ashikyo is very angry at what just happened.  He just arrived in a new country, and BWAM!  Somebody whacks him!  Well, for a guy who just arrived from a foerign nation, he must be feeling pretty mad.  So he demands to know why this guy would whack one who is cleary a foreigner, what with his clothing and all.  To top it off, there's something rather...unique...about Ashikyo which is to be revealed later, which causes Ashikyo to think one word:

_______-abuser.   :ph34r:  Not to mention that there might not be a more effective way to get information out of that rude man...

Alaric

Note: I'm going to wait to give the last two players a chance to let me know what they're doing before I continue. The begining portion of the game requires a certain amount of coordination. If they haven't posted in the game thread by, say, 10:00 tomorrow morning (E.S.T.), whenever I can log in after that I'll continue.

kkhohoho

I edited Ashikyo's opening so that his unsubtleness is better explained.

BlueBard

QuoteTime to go get him.  I chase after him.  He may be running for his life, but I don't think he's had physical traning.  I attempt to stick one my swords in his right shoulder so I can make him stay put and tell me what he's doing.

Don't try that with Frank around...  He sees you going after an unarmed man with a pigsticker for no apparent reason, he's going to be mightily put-out.

Glitch Girl

I think that's going to go for most of the characters here.  We see a little psychopath running around waving swords and threatening somone who's not armed, it's not going to matter if he looks like a kid or not, people aren't going to be happy.  Either someone's going to intervene or call the police or both.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Not only that, but there's absolutely no way on earth that your character could possibly know that it was anything more than an accident.  People run into each other all the time, and the normal response at seeing some crazed lunatick drawing a sword is to run away.

kkhohoho

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 08, 2007, 11:06:47 AM
Not only that, but there's absolutely no way on earth that your character could possibly know that it was anything more than an accident.  People run into each other all the time, and the normal response at seeing some crazed lunatick drawing a sword is to run away.

I thought I mentioned that Ashikyo had a bad day, and the thin man and the collision just made it worse.  Thus, Ashikyo is not thinking rationally.  If he was, he would just leave the man alone after he ran away, but instead, he went to the man to get the man to spill what he's doing because Ashikyo is ticked.

Viking

Just bear in mind, there's a difference between running after someone in a populated city, and running after an unarmed guy in a city populated by mostly unarmed people, while trying to stick a lethal weapon into said unarmed person.  There's a difference between acting irrationally, and acting like a psychopath.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Viking on May 08, 2007, 11:48:35 AM
Just bear in mind, there's a difference between running after someone in a populated city, and running after an unarmed guy in a city populated by mostly unarmed people, while trying to stick a lethal weapon into said unarmed person.  There's a difference between acting irrationally, and acting like a psychopath.

Unarmed?  Alaric said that it looked like the man had a gun...

BlueBard

Quote from: kkhohoho on May 08, 2007, 11:35:08 AM
Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 08, 2007, 11:06:47 AM

I thought I mentioned that Ashikyo had a bad day, and the thin man and the collision just made it worse.  Thus, Ashikyo is not thinking rationally.  If he was, he would just leave the man alone after he ran away, but instead, he went to the man to get the man to spill what he's doing because Ashikyo is ticked.

Doesn't your character have... I dunno... NON-LETHAL means of dealing with conflict?

Okay, I'll grant you he looks like a ten year old.  And maybe he's otherwise unable to physically overpower another adult, though I'd bet against that.  Summoning the sword was obviously intimidation enough to freak the guy out and send him packing.

So what possible reason would he have... even assuming he had a really bad day... to chase the guy down and stick a sword in him?  Is your character that dishonorable?  I would think the thought of shaming his ancestors would give him sufficient pause to control his apparently lethal temper.

If you really want to stop the guy and interrogate him, try tripping him or something.  Chase him into an alleyway and THEN scare the daylights out of him.

BlueBard

Quote from: kkhohoho on May 08, 2007, 11:58:31 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 08, 2007, 11:48:35 AM

Unarmed?  Alaric said that it looked like the man had a gun...

Yes, he did.  But which man?  While I don't know your guy didn't have one, I don't recall reading that he did in the public text.

Alaric, I think it would help if you specifically addressed spoiler text to people, so we don't accidentally open spoilers that aren't intended for us.  I know I've done it at least once.

Something like:

Lizzy, Frank:
[spoiler]blah, blah, blah[/spoiler]

Glitch Girl

Where did you get that?

Your story says:
Quote from: AlaricAs you walk along a narrow street, suddenly, a thin figure rushes around the corner, coliding with you.
Quote from:  AlaricThe man looks at the sword, looks at you, blinks, turns, and runs.

"They're not payin' me enough for this..." you hear him mutter as he goes.

Do not confuses player knowlege with character knowlege - if your character is unaware of something, yet you see reference to it in another character's plot, you can not necessarily act on it because your character does not have that knowlege.  

|