• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Official Freedom Reborn Universe Conversion Mod for FFvsTR

Started by UnkoMan, April 30, 2007, 11:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Tomato

This sounds like alot of fun! I just got a working copy of ffvttr on my laptop, so I'll streamline my hero file, and add some other nifty pieces later on.

I do have a minor question though... I'm assuming by "In game hover description (no more than 7 words)
Full databank description (no more than 70 words)" you mean the little descriptions like the FF main characters have? Sorry if I'm a little dense there.

Other then that though... I have to get a head.nif set up, and I'd like to put together a voice pack

Edit: Looking through the more recent posts... I don't think including all the villains is a good idea, no. Maybe one arch-enemy for each hero, such as Nox Blatta for AA or something, but not "I've got 5,000 villains! ADD THEM ALL!". FR has plenty of villains (Randy Ripoff, Carrivagio, etc.) to begin with, we don't really need to add all that many more.

lugaru

Is anyone going to do Avs for some of the guy's who dont play Freedom Force anymore (for x or y reason) but stand as founding fathers or amazing contributors? There's some characters that I cannot imagine a freedom reborn mod without yet obviosly they arent going to show up out of nowhere and submit files. Do you guy's advise putting together some hero files for some of the greats that are no longer amongst us?

Alaric

Quote from: lugaru on May 12, 2007, 07:48:50 AM
Is anyone going to do Avs for some of the guy's who dont play Freedom Force anymore (for x or y reason) but stand as founding fathers or amazing contributors? There's some characters that I cannot imagine a freedom reborn mod without yet obviosly they arent going to show up out of nowhere and submit files. Do you guy's advise putting together some hero files for some of the greats that are no longer amongst us?

I don't think you shold do that unless you can get permission from the people involved, myself.

style

Who are some of the greats that don't already have an AV? Off the top of my head I can only think of one, Jik maybe?  :huh:

UnkoMan

I'm pretty sure he means folks who DO have avs, but no FFvsTR hero files and aren't around to sumbit anyhow.

I think it probably would be best to get their permission first. If they can't be contacted... well, I dunno. I'd like to have people like Texas Jack in, but...

As for villains... I think the addon thing will work best after all. Just one villain per person, not a whole rogues gallery. I will say, though, that the villain can have a few minions, but don't go all crazy about it. HOWEVER, as I've said... I wonder if somebody else would be able to handle doing this? Hitman, maybe you are cool with it?

Oh, and Tomato, yes that's exactly what that means.

Reepicheep

What do you do if you already are a villain?

Do you get a hero?

BatWing

how about villians can submit their avatars?
so then it'll be alot cooler if villians reborn attacked freedom reborn

UnkoMan

Villain members, of course, submit their avatars to the main thing.

As for the arch enemies... well, do you already have an arch enemy type character set up? Really, I had begun this idea for people like Pwime, with his Nemesis, or MJB's Seraphim. I might also be inclined to include my own new Anti-Unkos, that Pwime so gratiously has done.

These are characters meant to exist in the same world as the avatars, but aren't created specifically for any project. Maybe these would be done better by just having people include them in their own character specific mods or something? Could this way work better? And what about simple Rumble Room plugins made with EZ Script? I guess you'd have to include a dat file to merge, for the extra character or something. I'm unsure as to what the process would be.

As I've stated before, I never wanted to be the one to make these kinds of decisions. Not my bag.

lugaru

Loup Garou is a villain too, only teaming up with the goodguys for planet threatening stuff.

As far as the greats how 'bout Dr Mike? I think I'm the only dude that has skinned that. But even the dudes with actual Av's... are we only going to accept ones made by the characters owner or are we going to accept stuff like say a Texas Jack made by Unko?

BatWing

randy ripoff will send minions to destroy!!!!!
and caravagio will help out! :o

Carravaggio

Quote from: Raijin on May 12, 2007, 02:50:26 PM
randy ripoff will send minions to destroy!!!!!
and caravagio will help out! :o
Bah! Carravaggio is no man's minion! I rule a thousand galaxies and a million planets! My power is that of a newborn sun! My power is my birthright, denied to me for so long, yet reclaimed with mine own two hands in mortal combat, never again shall Carravaggio bow under the yoke of another! All shall fall under my omniscient rule! Tremble before me FR! Soon you will face the Tyrant, the Conqueror of Stars!

(by the way Lugaru, do you have a skin/mesh for your AV yet? you want one? Lemme know :) )

BatWing

Carravaggio

Quote from: Raijin on May 12, 2007, 07:09:57 PM
so ur gonna submit carravagio? :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Never! I'll tear the planet asunder and split in moons in twain! I'll burn up the oceans and shatter the stars in the sky before I submit! You will all rue the day you included Carravaggio in the FR avatar mod!

Reepicheep

The funniest part is, he probably will do all of those things.

Figure Fan

Peerless1

I  :wub: this idea.   :bandwagon  :yipee Still, as a newbie with no avatar and no skin I am currently unable to submit.  Maybe, just maybe down the road a bit.  One other note:  Carravaggio might want to cut back on the solar system sized triple cappuccinos though, even at his power level, all that ranting and raging can't be good for a body.  :lol: 

:shock2: No...wait...not the face! *grovels*  After the plastic surgery, I kinda learned to like my face.  Forgive me, your evilness, it was jest in pun. I meant no...arrrgggghhhhh!!!!

*signal lost; if you would like to make a call, please hang up and try again*  :popcorn

BatWing

Peerless1

Thanks Raijin.  :thumbup: I'm on my way.

Unko took good care of me; thanks for your directions.  :kingbethumbup

Peerless1

:dmbbeer :dmbbeer :dmbbeer

Okay, so I likes me beer...  :lol:

UnkoMan

Yeah, people are totally willing to help you along, if needed. And it's not like you have to be in a rush to submit, either. If it takes a while, that's quite alright.

On the other hand... I'm sort of dissapointed there haven't been more people with established avatars submitting. Surely somebody like Glitch Girl or Spud have the resources. Perhaps they only have FF1 hero files?

Actually, on that note, is there a way to transfer FF1s to FFvsTR at all? Just in case that is holding anybody back.

Carravaggio

Quote from: UnkoMan on May 18, 2007, 06:57:47 PM
On the other hand... I'm sort of dissapointed there haven't been more people with established avatars submitting.

I'm hoping to have mine done by tonight.

Lunarman

you can put FF1 hero files in FFVTTR fine I think. The only thing is the new stuff like cones gets jumbled. And old attributes.

Even so, I'd be willing to make them a hero file given an FF1 one.
I think the reason is our founding members don't hang around here much more.
People like Syn, Revenant and that should submit also it seems odd. I'll give MJB and Grizz the heads up on CoH.

Lunarman

I e-mailed loads of people on CoH. We should get some more entrants, TPE said he'd be along.

The Phantom Eyebrow

Quote from: Lunarman on May 20, 2007, 12:18:17 AM
I e-mailed loads of people on CoH. We should get some more entrants, TPE said he'd be along.

You certainly did and I certainly will. 

(Later this week I'll have all the necessary in place)

UnkoMan

I cannot wait. Hopefully things will go totally smoothly adding everybody... Unlike Tomato's.
I just cannot seem to get him to show up on any lists to select as a character. It's really odd to me, and I wish I knew more about this to figure it out.

Alaric

If and when I find my missing  :ffvstr: disk, I'll probably submit something.

BatWing

Quote from: Alaric on May 20, 2007, 07:45:30 PM
If and when I find my missing  :ffvstr: disk, I'll probably submit something.

lets hope you find it sooner
i wanna see see your avatar in action!

Figure Fan

I'm recording some voice files. I'm still tinkering with the technical aspects of the process, but I managed to get one good line out of it!

I have no idea how to make an actual voicepack though. I figured (ha!) that having the files completed would be a good start.

UnkoMan

Actually, Fig, just download somebody else's voicepack. They pretty much just come with a bunch of sound files and then a txt file with the things that need to be added to the speech.dat. Also, check out your speech .txt to see what else you can add, I guess.

Actually, this is all a guess, as I've never made a voicepack. I don't know what sort of sample rate you'd want to save stuff as either, but I'm sure a quick post in the voicepack section will help you on your way.

Lunarman

Figure Fan

Does anyone know of a good program for eliminating background noise from your sound files, and for cutting out unwanted parts? I also want to enhance my voice so its a little clearer, ect.

Thanks!

|