• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Official Freedom Reborn Universe Conversion Mod for FFvsTR

Started by UnkoMan, April 30, 2007, 11:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Carravaggio

Quote from: Nymph on May 02, 2007, 06:00:31 AM
The Fire elemental can't work though......she becomes unconscious and is at the heart of the "giant."
He is on par with a Transformer in size.......so that is why I said Law and Order thing.....or maybe its a sacrifice power?

but he is fairly Large.....
so hex the fire elemental larger. i saw pwime do that for his avatars nemesis, it looked great

Quote from: Alaric on May 02, 2007, 04:45:51 AM
Here's the problem you guys are overlooking, and why I was suggesting the "two or three character versions" thing; it's not just a matter of different avatars having different power levels. Different players create their avatars for entirely different SCALES. Some players try to fit their avatar's within the power scale used in the Freedom Force games, while others, who only use their avatars in rumble room battles and stuff, are thinking in terms of a more "comic-booky" scale. An avatar created on the second scale could end up much more powerful than one created on the first scale, even if the character is actually concieved as less powerful.
damn i hadn't thought of that. that is a very good point. i use strength 1 for kids and less than normal strength, 2 for normal male strength and 3 for peak (cap/batman) BUT i've seen people put their cap at 5 strength. in my scale thats spider-man, so yeah, its a big difference. i guess that will mean someone will have to decide on a scale that we adhere to, one that says, strength 1 = aunt may, 2= thug, 3= peak human ..... 10=thor, hulk etc. so we can make comparisons

Blitzgott

I made the following strength scale chart based on the one over at Original Freedom and the one at Marvel Database:

10 - Superhuman: 100+ tons to ??? (Superman/Sentry)
9 - Superhuman: 90+ tons to 100 ton range (Abomination)
8 - Superhuman: 65+ tons to 90 ton range (Grey Hulk)
7 - Superhuman: 40+ tons to 65 ton range (Aquaman)
6 - Superhuman: 15+ tons to 40 ton range (Spider-Man)
5 - Superhuman: 800+ lbs to 15 ton range (Deathstroke)
4 - Peak Human: Able to lift twice own's body weight up to the 800lb level (Captain America/Batman)
3 - Athlete: Able to lift one's own body weight up to twice own's body weight (Iron Fist/Green Arrow)
2 - Normal: Able to lift one's own body weight (Scarlet Witch)
1 - Below Normal: Cannot lift one's own body weight (Aunt May)

Just in case it's of any help.

UnkoMan

Yeah, Nymph, I'd say ask Pwime if you can use his hex. Heck, ask nicely he might be willing to slap down a quick water skin for you. I think Angelic Ally would be the easiest way... but if you can find some way to do a summon that was also a sacrifice, that'd be pretty sweet, actually.

Carravaggio, buddy, your offer to help on some skins/meshes is wonderful. Greatly appreciated. I've been thinking about some other threads to try and garner more interest, but am not sure where I should post any. I think, though, maybe in this board we could start a "looking for skin/hex" thread on its own. That way it's easier to keep track. I'll actually do that after this post. As for others... well anybody feel free to try and garner attention.

Alaric... yeah, scales is a big issue and the original reason I suggested blanace through play testing. See, my peak human strength is 4. 1 is for weaklings. 2 is for non-combatant types (like Alchemiss). 3 is an average fellow. At the same time, my zero cost powers usually never go above low intensity (for pure damage powers). I find this works well to fit in with actual Freedom Force characters (when I play test that is usually what I strive for). I don't know if the two or three versions thing would work so well, however. A lot of people simply don't want to have to try and wrangle a character they've already been using into a mold.

Maybe it would be best to get the hero files first, but have a disclaimer saying some may have to be changed to fit in with the power levels of FF type characters (approximately)?

PS: Lunarman, that's exactly what a submission needs. I'd also prefer about seven words for each power description, but it's not super necessary. Oh, also m25 ai files would be nice.

PPS: Blitz's strength chart is the one I tend to use. Funny, since I've never even seen it.

Lunarman

Just a thought, for submissions. Should we add a head as well?

UnkoMan

Yeah, a head's nice. I see you started a submission thread.

That'll be good, because even if this doesn't get off the ground, at least everybody's hero stuff is linked in one place.

The Pwime

damn, I can't believe I missed this thread!  :doh:  I guess I should summarize my thoughts so far:

-Yes!  It's a sweet idea.
-The "original" blue and red clad Pwime is weak.  I think he's only 5000, though I almost always use the Omega Pwime instead, and he's over 10,000.  I could de-power him to 10,000 pretty easily though, I think.
-A head?  As in, a head nif?
...I have no experience with those.  :doh:

Revenant

I'm in!  This sounds great.  I can see plenty of potential in that anyone can create plug-in mods... and those can be rated for difficulty, ie, the burden of balancing gameplay falls not on the board members submitting their avatars, but on the mod-makers.

That way, a mod-maker can tailor their adventure for street-level heroes, or for galactic crusaders, or for powerful villains, what have you.  And they can release mods with difficulty ratings.. for instance, an easy and a hard version of the same scenario, if they so desire.  And the player could decide which characters to bring on the mission.  (That is how it works, right?  Or am I totally clueless?) 

We could decide on a difficulty rating system.. naturally it's just a guide; you could take Carravagio on that mission rated Easy (5000 or less character point, for example), but you know that it's going to be a piece of cake.  I think that would be easier to adjust on that end, than having to change people's characters (which could potentially be like pulling teeth :D )

Carravaggio

Y'know Rev, you make a hell of a lot of sense, mate.
I agree, let the burden of balance fall on the player, not the creator. So long as we stick to the scale provided by blitkreig and a-okayed by Unkoman, we should have no problems.

Mr. Hamrick

i don't know how much help I can be but if anyone needs the usage of my Avatar and his associates then PM me.

BentonGrey

Lunarman

I'm hoping this is right. But,. I believe if you've got a submission all ready then post on the submissions thread and send the actual file to Unkoman. Although he may not be ready for the inbox flood. I hope that's right Unko

UnkoMan

What I'm gonna say is... if you have hosting or something, just link the files from there. That gives everybody overall access. If you don't... At least throw down descriptions there, and a note saying you don't have hosting. I'll PM my email and files can be sent there.

I actually don't know if I'll be able to put it all together, after all. I'll still give it a shot though.

BatWing

billdamn22

Been away for awhile. Lurking every now and then.....
This sounds like a great idea. I would definitely like to be a part of this! Anyway, I am also volunteering to do some skinning for those in need of avatars for this project. Now I gotta go find myself a copy of Third Reich...... :o

Figure Fan

This sounds awesome. I'm all for the idea, actually.

I don't mind so much if my character were created for balance in the mod. I'm not really picky about that stuff. I'd just be grateful to see him make an appearance. I'm not assuming he'd be included, but rather I'm using this as an example of how I and perhaps others feel. I'm not going to 'fly off of the deep end' if Figure Fan were made a little less powerful or used in a particular level in order to be fit into the production.

This sounds fun. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled.

lugaru

I'll participate. Let me see if I can craft a new avatar and if I cant I'll send the old dude + files post haste.

If you guy's think Lugaru has contributed enough to be a member I mean.  ;)

Lunarman

Quote from: Figure Fan on May 08, 2007, 12:21:25 AM
This sounds awesome. I'm all for the idea, actually.

I don't mind so much if my character were created for balance in the mod. I'm not really picky about that stuff. I'd just be grateful to see him make an appearance. I'm not assuming he'd be included, but rather I'm using this as an example of how I and perhaps others feel. I'm not going to 'fly off of the deep end' if Figure Fan were made a little less powerful or used in a particular level in order to be fit into the production.

This sounds fun. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled.

Well it'll be your hero file, no adjustments are being made. Just post it all up in the submissions thread :)

UnkoMan

Quote from: Figure Fan on May 08, 2007, 12:21:25 AM
I'm not assuming he'd be included...

In addition to what Lunarman said, everybody who submits is included. Simple as that.

Figure Fan

Alright, I'm working on my hero file. Is there a limit, or even just a suggested limit? I'm thinking he should be around 9-10,000.

Oh, and my custom FX are apart of Alex's EZFX for FFvsTR. Do I need to submit them, then? I also don't have a voicepack..

UnkoMan

No limit, but so far that's the general area. In any event, they end up above that after I add them, since I can't avoid the pesky setting power levels to three thing.

The mod is EZFX compatible, so your FX are in there already. If you have any that aren't then you'd have to send them (like me! Shoot, I've got to add my custom FX, actually). Voice packs aren't needed, they're just an extra if you have them.

Oh hey... does anybody know where there's a male basic head.nif? Because for somebody like Fig here, or my own avatar, that could easily be used. Maybe a male_noface for Lunarman, if there is one out there. I don't actually know.

Figure Fan

Quote from: UnkoMan on May 08, 2007, 05:53:19 PM
Oh hey... does anybody know where there's a male basic head.nif? Because for somebody like Fig here, or my own avatar, that could easily be used. Maybe a male_noface for Lunarman, if there is one out there. I don't actually know.

Ok sweet. Yeah, if anyone knows where to find a male_basic head.nif, that would be wonderful.

Lunarman

you've got use Tommyboy's veristile head nif. It's the only one that works with FFVTTR. And it's very good.

I think you can find it as his website here http://www.tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/other%20meshes%201.html

catwhowalksbyhimself

In addition, Tommyboy did port just the plain male basic over to FFvTTR.  If it's not on his site, I have it.

bearded

i finally have an avatar i'm happy with.  only took 5 years.
i am...Nobody Man.
i'm going to build a mesh around him, and try to use ezscript to make a level.  all in the future, working on rumble mod and spiral right now.
for future reference, should i build my own bad guy, or should i have a volunteer from you guys?  what if i fight one of you guys, and then the next mission we team up?  that way i write a level, and then you write a level with us as team mates?  ...whoever 'you' might end up being.

Figure Fan

I'm still working on my hero file. When would you guys like all of this to be submitted by?

The Phantom Eyebrow

Sounds great.  I like that you're basically trusting everyone to be above board when creating their characters and not imposing a prestige cap.  The most important thing will be that folks submit avatars that are fun to play.  I have various versions of my avatar - the classic (or canon) version with the Eyebeams and the teleporting and the yellow streak a mile wide has been in a few mods at this stage.  Would an alternate reality version upset the continuity of this project?

I have a few sarch-enemies too, most of which are more powerful than TPE (well, I do have a slight edge over the AI when it comes to strategy).  I'll pick one that might play well with others too if there's a slot available.

UnkoMan

Good old Tommy. I should have known he'd have done something. I think I'll just strip his head down to bare, and use that. If anybody has any fancy head they want, however, I ask that you make it up to your liking and send it to me. Otherwise, I'll just use the portrait file head.

Bearded... Mr. Nobody, eh? Actually, if you are Doom Patroling it up, I always did want to see a mesh for him. Build your own badguy? You mean like an arch enemy?

I still haven't gotten a clear answer on whether or not people think non-member villains should be included? I guess, with what some people are saying, it seems to be a yes. I think that, actually, I would like to include them in an add-on. Should I just go crazy and include any original villain sent my way? I dunno. It's a difficult decision, and one that I was not prepaired to make going on. So I'd really like feedback on this, fellas. Also, it's possible I may need somebody else to do the add on.

Submission time is... whenever you get around to it. It's no hurry.

As for alternate realities... Well, basically whatever version of your avatar you want to appear alongside everybody else's. I'd suggest sticking to your current cannon, but if you want something else I'm not going to stop you. I'm only adding one version of each avatar though (unless you're a shapeshifter or something, obviously), so choose carefully.

Intensity

would I be able to submit my Intensity character with hero file and what-not... even though I only have the original Freedom Force?  Or do I need to have TTR in order to participate?  Also, would the mod be playable for the original FF?

thanks-
Kev

Reepicheep

I like the idea of a arch-nemesis side game thing (this was mentioned as some point, right? inclduing them on the side). Thats sounds like fun.

I think a few polls might be in order?

BentonGrey

I have no problem with people including their villains, I think it's an excellent idea.

|