The Official Freedom Reborn Universe Conversion Mod for FFvsTR

Started by UnkoMan, April 30, 2007, 11:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Tomato

GGiant

Volsung

Just wondering...I can't check right now and I'm not familiar enough with FFX
Is it possible to use a power similar to Red sun's living fires.
To summon a character, not transform into it.

edit: it's the summoner attribute...  :hcboot

Nymph

I have a question towards u mod makers.....you think this is possible?

Ok first...to make a power that transforms you into a giant "otherbeing" untill you run out of energy or get below a certain amount of hit points?

Second...to make a water version of Red Sun's Summon Fires but instead of the living fire mesh.....a few different fish meshes.
(Like is there a way in the code to make the first Water summon lets say a dolphin mesh but then the second summon a shark and the 3rd a whale? It could also be used with the Summoner Attribute?)

Third.....to get a good bit of link's to nice water FX's from you guys?

Tomato

This might be better off in the actual modding forum (neithor Unko or I could be considered a modder, we just know enough to get by) but since you asked I'll do my best  :blink:

1. I know that there is a Transform attribute, though I don't know how you would set it up to use specific criteria like you mentioned. There might not be, but ask someone like Prem who knows what they're talking about before you toss the idea.

2. There are likely several ways to do this, but if you don't care about using the same set of keyframes and attacks... My preference would be to hex several fish onto the same set of keys using nifskope, then set up several skins, using alpha channels on the textures to remove the extra mesh data (Ex: Alpha out the Dolphin mesh on the Shark skin, but Alpha the Shark out when you're dealing with the dolphin.)

You could then set the skin to "random", so it would be a different form of aquatic life each time you summoned something

3. I'm not really a guru of FX at all (I download EzFX packs as they appear, but other then that...  :banghead: ) but I'm sure Benton or AA might know.

UnkoMan

Yes, you can set up a character to transform just like that. Probably in a number of different ways. Off the top of my head, I'd say make a shapeshifter, whose other form has accidental change back to the original form if either low on energy or low on health. I don't know if you can set it to both, but definately one or the other.

As for water, there's a nice whirpool and a water jet already in the game. And bubbles. I'm pretty sure there's a whole water FX pack somewhere though, but I can't recall who made it.

Your summoner one is as easy as Tomato said. Granted, then they all have the same attacks. If you want seperate attacks, simply make the character able to summon seperate things. But you're on your own finding aquatic animals. I don't know anything about that... You can always get Sharkmen, though.

Figure Fan

Hm, either Previsionary or Premonitioner could point you to their water FX for FFvsTR. I think Premonitioner created them, so I'd ask him. There was a blast and a geyser, among others.

As for your summoned water beings--

If you arent able to find regular aquatic animal meshes, I'd maybe go the route of making animal/human hybrid characters ala Abe Sapien or maybe in the style of Pan's Labrynth. You know? Make them look really mystical and enchanted.. I think it would fit your character too, since she seems heavily based in a fantasy world much like LoTR.

Tomato

Just a minor notice, nothing really important or spectacular...

The mod is up. Go now.

Figure Fan

Figure Fan

Very, very cool. You know, there is a way to remove all of the Freedom Force characters from the character select menu. It is pretty difficult to locate the mod heroes within that list. It seems as though Figure Fan and Intensity have two of their hero files on the list, each being identical.

Also, we should use that awesome logo you made, Tomato, on the main title screen.

This mod is pretty awesome so far. I loved all of the characters.

I was wondering if you could name my power tiers, since you made them for me. I was hoping you would, too.

Tier A = Malleability
Tier B = Elongation

I need to get you my fixed hero file. Half of my powers don't seem to activate in-game. I need to contact Alex about this, as it appears to be an error with EZ Hero.

Lunarman

GGiant

Quote from: Tomato on November 16, 2007, 08:54:28 AM
Just a minor notice, nothing really important or spectacular...

The mod is up. Go now.
:thumbup:
Quote from: Lunarman on November 17, 2007, 12:23:24 AM
Thanks you fruity fiend
I thought Tomato was a nut?
Just kidding ;)

Volsung

hurray... another mod designed to work with a FFVTTR installed on C:  :banghead:
I corrected the rare paths causing problems with ffedit
But I keep getting that message

Message_skirmish_error_exec_script_body
no module named ffx  :(

Previsionary

Quote from: Volsung on November 17, 2007, 05:51:22 AM
hurray... another mod designed to work with a FFVTTR installed on C:  :banghead:
I corrected the rare paths causing problems with ffedit
But I keep getting that message

Message_skirmish_error_exec_script_body
no module named ffx  :(

You say that as if they're many of those. :P

Anyway, a usual way to get trouble shooting help is to post your logs as stumpy has outlined in a post somewhere around here. I remember that error popping up somewhere on this forum, but I don't remember how to fix it. :S It was a fairly simple fix though.

Volsung

QuoteYou say that as if they're many of those. :P

Players are so ungratefull  :D

Lunarman

Sadly, I'm having the same problem as everyone else. But the characters look awesome! Well done to the people that put this together :D

-------------Edit-----

The reason for this is because somehow the missions\scripts\ffx folder didn't make it into the mod. Leaving us without FFX and therefore breaking any FFX powers and not letting us use the rumble room.

So Tomato, if you've got the FFX folder can you put it up please, so we get the FFX powers of our characters.

Thanks
----

Also, you seem to have added some new maps to the missions folder but they're not gonna work because they're missing some of the markers they need to be used in the Rumble Room.

Tomato

Quote from: Lunarman on November 17, 2007, 11:44:58 PM
Sadly, I'm having the same problem as everyone else. But the characters look awesome! Well done to the people that put this together :D

-------------Edit-----

The reason for this is because somehow the missions\scripts\ffx folder didn't make it into the mod. Leaving us without FFX and therefore breaking any FFX powers and not letting us use the rumble room.

So Tomato, if you've got the FFX folder can you put it up please, so we get the FFX powers of our characters.

Thanks
----

Also, you seem to have added some new maps to the missions folder but they're not gonna work because they're missing some of the markers they need to be used in the Rumble Room.

Ok, I'm taking the day off of everything, just to get some solid earth under my feet before starting again... I will fix what I can, but alot of things are exploding in my face all at once not only with this, but also RL crud (job, school, personal life, family... all the biggies  :banghead:), and I just need a day or so to just chill.

I am aware of the scripts folder, I deleted it because someone told me that it wasn't nescessary, and that deleteing it wouldn't cause any problems at all in-game. I'll reupload it with that data at a later date.

As for Intensity and FF, that is completely my fault. When I initially added them, it was through EZ hero, but on Unko's suggestion I re-uploaded them using M25's add character modification because the game came up with an error message stating that I needed to re-upload them. It didn't seem to affect anything, but it was rather annoying. I reuploaded them using M25's tool, which I THOUGHT had simply overwritten the old data, but apparently not. The eaisiest thing for me is to go back, delete both out and do a fresh install.

But again, not today... today Tomato has left the building.

Previsionary

No one told you the scripts folder wasn't necessary. The person told you that to reduce file size, you could remove the mission specific folders (since they dont affect anything since you guys didn't do any campaign missions) but not the "scripts" folder and to tell the players to put their own FFX 3.2 (those extra missions come from there lunar) mission folder in its place. That same person also told you that you could specify this on the site or in a readme, but a certain person said he'd wait until he looked through stuff, tested it, and would upload a "lite" version for dial up users later.

Obviously a certain fruit nut didn't pay attention...or did he? :rolleyes:

Tomato

Just as a temporary fix until I'm able to have any real spare time again (let's just say my dad is giving me a real smurfy time and leave it at that, shall we?) the version with scripts I sent to Unko is up here. However, it has the weird notice on Intensity and FF and it does not have any compression work done at all (that includes the size of the textures) so it'll take an extreme ammount of time. Also, it's compressed using a latter version of winzip then Unko had initially, so you might want to upgrade before you download the file.

And Prem is absolutely correct. Someone was very stupid when it came to understanding moddy things, but in that someone's defence he has had a very bad week. That someone also apologizes for making a certain comment he really shouldn't have.

Lunarman

Sorry to hear that Tomato, thanks for the file :D.

And good luck with the next few days.

Volsung

Except the problems mentionned with Intensity and Figurefan Freedom Reborn is fun!
I can't wait that Monsieur Volsung join the crew!

Tomato

Sorry for the wait, life sucks and yada yada. Onto news

Ok, so I've gotten everything that needed to be fixed fixed except possibly one thing... Figure Fan. Something about how it reads the keyframes is making the game act wierd. Sometimes it reads the powers perfectly (usually on in-animate objects) but other times they just won't work no matter how many cheap tricks I use.

I've got a couple possible fixes still in mind though, so I'm not exactly at the end of my rope or anything. I'm just putting this up in case FF or someone else has/can find a possible fix.

However, I do have some possible good news. I have a simple-but-effective way to organize the FR heroes so you don't waste time searching for them, just so I don't have to wittle down the character list and thus remove potential FR punching bags.

Lunarman

MHWAHAHA!

Lunarman owns you all.

Lunarman just took down AA and Raijin at the same time (more than triple his cp) and survived on 1hp.

None can stop the mighty Lunarman!

*goes on laughing*

Now Unkoman was another matter

UnkoMan

Unko Man is really quite tough... as a solo character. On a team, prepare to have him accidently wipe out your own guys. If you can get your hands on him he goes down fairly easy, too. But hey, hit and run man. That's what it's all about.

Lunarman

Well I only managed to finish Raijin by shapeshifting to my stronger form and lobbing cars across the map, he took about 80 damage each time but he's got a ton of health.

detourne_me

oh man, i really want to play this... anychance we can get it uploaded to rapidshare or mediafire?
for some reason I can't access Tomato's website (he's even asked his provider about it too i think)

Tomato

Quote from: detourne_me on December 03, 2007, 07:52:17 AM
oh man, i really want to play this... anychance we can get it uploaded to rapidshare or mediafire?
for some reason I can't access Tomato's website (he's even asked his provider about it too i think)

Right now the one everyone's using is the beta, which has some problems, but I'm going to try and fix some of the bugs by the next version... However, I'll upload what I have to rapidshare this afternoon, I have a gap between classes that's over 2 hours, so I should have time.

Tomato

Sorry about forgetting det, but at this point I might as well just wait until I finish it off, hopefully this weekend. I'm fairly close to fixing many of the errors/annoyances that exist.

However, one evil still remains... Figure Fan's hero file. I have tried three seperate meshes (TJ's PM mesh, hex of Syn's Morph, and TB's new Mr Fantastic), but for some reason FFX importers just won't accept it the character.

So that leaves me with a quick question, and a larger one... the beta I released just a link to (the one with the scripts) used EZ hero rather then M25's. Aside from the "import hero file again", are there any other errors like the ones encountered in the FFX import (like powers stopping for no gorram reason?)

Secondly, to any modders out there, why is this lunacy occuring, and how can I fix it?

I have one final solution, though it isn't the best... FF works fine when not imported, so I might include his mesh/skin/ hero file in a seperate folder with installation instructions, at least until I can find a solution.

|