UnkoMan

Tomato

Quote from: Figure Fan on October 14, 2007, 04:02:05 PM
That logo is beautiful.. :huh:

Thanks  :P

Quote from: Reepicheep on October 15, 2007, 01:58:46 AM
Look at the size of that thing!

*gapes in awe*

Well, actually, it's done with vector lines, so I could have done it 1000x it's current size and it would still be just as clean.

Quote from: UnkoMan on October 15, 2007, 01:45:06 PM
Pretty much amazing.

It better be, after the 2 hours it took me to get those wings right >.<

Cyber Burn

I've been a bit out of the loop for a while, but is this planned for  :ff: or  :ffvstr:?

Lunarman

BatWing

Tomato

Website update- I have the main page done and basic layout finalized, and it's my intent to get everything else I need together tonight, and I should have the site up and ready for viewing by Saturday at the latest. The mod itself should be going up a few weeks later, giving me time to finish up the mod and get everything all nice and tidy for ya'll.

As an additional gimmick, sometime in the next few weeks I'm planning to add a revamped version of the FR wallpaper I put together over in Artists Alley, featuring a half a dozen new characters along with higher-quality versions of the old, with my new rendition of the FR logo to top it all off. The new Wallpaper will be available in 1280x1024, 1280x800, 1024x768, and 800x600 resolutions, so you don't have to resize it to fit regular monitors like you did with the old one.

*goes off and dies from caffine overdose*

Tomato

Well, after weeks of sitting on my bum doing nothing, and one week of actual work, It's finally done. I bring you the official webpage of...

*drumroll*

Freedom Reborn: The Mod

Now just wait one week while I finalize the mod, m'k?

Figure Fan

Haha! Cool! I like the selection of avatars so far. I'm finishing up my updated bio. That one from the Wiki is seriously years-old..

I like it so far  :cool:

UnkoMan

Hey! I love it! Your idea came off really well!

Two things, though. One is personal. Could my avatar's name be split into two words. I never put spaces when I sign up to boards, but I always write his name as Unko Man.

Thing two, perhaps the background colour of the pictures should be changed to match the actual colour of the page. That would look quite smashing, if you ask me.

Other than that, it's friggin' awesome! And I'm sending Phantom Eyebrow right now! Sorry for forgetting for so long!

Tomato

Well that stinks... Unko, I got the file, but gmail thinks it's a virus... Ack! I'm going to try conning the program, but if you see this before I'm done send it to tomato@kotsproductions.com

No problem on the name, and I'll check out the images... my intent was to match them to the ones on the Wiki, but if your idea looks better I'll work with it. I wanted to change some minor stuff anyway, no biggie.

Lunarman

In the same vein as Unko's, sorry to bother you with this minor detail, but Lunarman is all one word (without a dash). :P

Awesome looking site!!

Thankyou

Lunarman

Tomato

Volsung

Lord Volsung must definitely be in this mod!
I'll make a submission as soon as possible  :)

Tomato

Fixed all the bugs previously mentioned... as for email, try tomatoisjp@yahoo.com for the time being  :huh:

Intensity

I love the mod website!!!  Also, as Figurefan mentioned, the avatar selection is very cool.

I'll be updating my hero bio for the site within the next few days.

Kev

Tomato

Ok, I'm almost done with the mod beta (I just have to track down the keyframes used in AA and TPE's respective entries so I can add credit, which won't really take all that long) but I'm not going to release it for at least another week or so. A few people have mentioned getting together entries, and I want to give them time to do so so that I don't have to upload everything twice.

Edit:  :blink: I just noticed... Unko, you mispelled "FFvstTR" in the topic title...  :mellow:

UnkoMan

Lower case t's are for chumps, I always say. Also, way too many letters.
I will have to make a point to download this and check it as soon as it is up. Make sure to send me a PM. (Or just a secret note for me...) Just to make sure everything works as it was on my computer. I assume you've been testing, though, and so it should all be fine.

Wow. This is exciting stuff, fellas!

Figure Fan

Quote from: UnkoMan on November 05, 2007, 10:50:48 PM
Lower case t's are for chumps, I always say. Also, way too many letters.
I will have to make a point to download this and check it as soon as it is up. Make sure to send me a PM. (Or just a secret note for me...) Just to make sure everything works as it was on my computer. I assume you've been testing, though, and so it should all be fine.

Wow. This is exciting stuff, fellas!

Yeah, its just FFvsTR. "The" usually isn't included in abbreviations, unless you're the WWE. Stupid KOTR..(King of the Ring)..

Also, Unko Man's name looks funny with it being "Unko man". The M should be capitalized. LOL I hate to nitpick, but, you know..

:P EVERYONE ELSE GOT TO NITPICK!!!  :P :lol:

Intensity

thanks for including me in the mod :)

here is my updated bio-

Intensity
Identity: Secret
Legal Status: Legal citizen of the United States. 
Alias: none
Place Of Birth: Kiev, Ukraine
Marital Status: Single
Group Affiliation: Co-Founder and honorary member of Michigan's base team of heroes, Defenders of the Peace. 
Bases Of Operations: Detroit, MI

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 174 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Unusual Features: Blue luminance surrounds Intensity at will, to increase striking strength, stamina, and energy levels.

Strength Level: Normal strength level for a cardio-based professional athlete.
Known Powers:  Light Manipulation.  Intensity has the ability to control and utilize ambient light in numerous ways.  His light-based powers allow him to release light with blinding, stunning, confusing, and concussive effects.  These methods of contorting the spectrum are usually released as blasts, strobes, and flashes. 
On a wider scale, Intensity can literally change the amount of light in a given area.  He can simulate blinding daylight and even the darkest of blackouts just by thought.
By pushing his powers to the limit over a numerous set of years, Intensity has gained the ability to protect himself with an aura of light.  This brilliant barrier absorbs oncoming attacks until his energy levels are depleted.  An interesting note about his powers, is that Intensity usually defaults the color of his light attacks to either blue or yellow, paying homage to his birthplace in the Ukraine.

Even without his light manipulation powers, Kevin is a formidable opponent against evil do-ers.  He is a master of the Korean striking arts of Tae Kwon Do and Tang Soo Do, an equivalent of a black belt in the throwing art of Hap Ki Do, and a current practitioner in several other martial artforms.  Kevin is also versed in police tactical defense and several weapons, including the knife, bo staff, and hand gun.

History: Born superpowered at birth in the capital city of the Ukraine, Kevin was kept a secret from the then-hostile government, thanks to his mother.  Being outed as a powered human at the time would have resulted in years of scientific tests and expirimentations.  After years of excuses that he and his mom would come up with to protect Kevin from random flashes of light and blackouts, they decided to move to the United States.

'I'm still finishing the history... it will take me another day probably.''

Tomato

I just want to remark (before I begin some other topics) that the sheer fact that this was posted just after I updated the website with FF's upgrade is just one more example of the universe's prejudice against vegetables.

ANYWAY on to another matter... though we won't be making any storylines or plots for the mod itself, I would like to set up two more additional sections for the site to help flesh out the FR universe. The first would be for fanfiction, which I think would help flesh out each of the individual characters beyond simple biographies and hero files. The second section would act as a historical background for the entire FR universe/s, possibly including sections for different species and teams similar to the wiki.

The important question is, what do you guys think? Should I go ahead with this, or am I starting to get ahead of myself with this project?

Figure Fan

Haha! Yeah, maybe I'll just leave my bio alone, then. I'm not totally happy with it, but whatever.

Also, my new character picture looks INCREDIBLE! How did you do that? It looks like I made it that way on the Wiki..

Figure Fan

Quote from: Tomato on November 08, 2007, 11:57:48 AM
I just want to remark (before I begin some other topics) that the sheer fact that this was posted just after I updated the website with FF's upgrade is just one more example of the universe's prejudice against vegetables.

ANYWAY on to another matter... though we won't be making any storylines or plots for the mod itself, I would like to set up two more additional sections for the site to help flesh out the FR universe. The first would be for fanfiction, which I think would help flesh out each of the individual characters beyond simple biographies and hero files. The second section would act as a historical background for the entire FR universe/s, possibly including sections for different species and teams similar to the wiki.

The important question is, what do you guys think? Should I go ahead with this, or am I starting to get ahead of myself with this project?

I think that we could worry about filling in the FR Universe history maybe after people have begun using the mod to create things. I wouldn't worry about it now too much.

Tomato

Quote from: Figure Fan on November 08, 2007, 01:52:33 PM
Haha! Yeah, maybe I'll just leave my bio alone, then. I'm not totally happy with it, but whatever.

Also, my new character picture looks INCREDIBLE! How did you do that? It looks like I made it that way on the Wiki..

Dude, if you want to update the bio go right ahead. Seriously, the updating takes 2 seconds, it's just a matter of transferring stuff back and forth.

As for the picture... It's the wiki's fault. I looked at the image that had been put up, then at the one I had (which was merely a melee_idle pose all stretched out) and decide it wasn't flashy enough. So I took the idea from the Wiki and expanded on it. It's actually 3 sections, the first two from the same ctool screenshot but cut like the original image, and the third from a shot of his back, which I modified to fit between the first two. I then added a gradient to so that it had a bit more depth, because having just the mesh looked a bit too flat. The hardest part was making sure the edges didn't end up blurred, because I had to rotate the middle piece so that it fit.

It's amazing what can happen with a little motivation, huh?

Lunarman

Can you post the code for your sig, Tomato? that way we can all spread the word. Thankyou

Lunarman

GGiant

Yours did not work so here quote my post. :mellow:

Edit: Yours did not work cause you did not put a slash at the ending tags. :mellow:

Lunarman

Figure Fan

UnkoMan

|