• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Prev's mods: Ultimate Trio Beta 1.4 release

Started by Previsionary, April 24, 2007, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Previsionary

AA, apparently you're the only Wolvie/Jubilation fan.  :lol:

Anyway, the mod is here. Fun facts after the colon:

Quote1. This is my general X-mas gift to the community. Hopefully you guys appreciate it or I'll destroy your souls with...destroying things.
2. This is a single mission mod and isn't in continuity with my other mods (yes, most of them share continuity).
3. Wolverine and Jubilee are the main characters and Sabretooth, Mystique, and Mr. Biggggg (cameo) are the main antagonists.
4. It weighs in at just under 14MB zipped
5. It should take just about 20 minutes to finish this mod on normal mode.
6. It took me about 3 hours to produce this little diddy. 10 minutes to write the outline, 15 minutes to collect skins/meshes, 20 minutes to write dialogue (minor research included), 2 minutes to install two fx, 5 minutes to set up a ballista, 45 minutes to do about 10 herofiles, 25 minutes to code/map, 5 minutes to finish language work and the rest went into play testing/debugging.
7. This is the second time Wolverine has had a major part in one of my mods and the third time he's appeared in my mods.  :unsure:
8. This mod was partly brought to life because of Mike Carey's Wolverine: Firebreak comic
9. I'm rambling...
11. Do you want the link now?
12. Too bad. I have more to say!
13. This is one of my weakest plots, storywise, ever!
14. I've no more to say
15. If you were patient enough to read all of that, then you probably deserve this

So, there ya go. Wolverine's first, and probably only, solo mod with his 90s sidekick. Since I haven't modded in almost 4 months now, I wouldn't be shocked if an error popped up somewhere, so; you've been warned.  ;)

More pics:

GGiant

I didn't download it yet but it looks...I mean it is cool. :)

style

I like the pic where Wolvie stabs Sabertooth and Sabertooth still has a evil, sinister grin on his face! :cool:

GGiant

"You get me a beer, bub. I ain't askin'" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Intensity

sweet mod!  Is this for FFvTTR, or the Original FF?

I'm probably the biggest Jubilee fan on the forums, so this makes my day.  :)  great stuff.

Previsionary

Quote from: Intensity on December 29, 2007, 09:51:22 AM
sweet mod!  Is this for FFvTTR, or the Original FF?

I'm probably the biggest Jubilee fan on the forums, so this makes my day.  :)  great stuff.

Tis for FFVTTR. Yes, you are one of the biggest Jubilee fans I've come across. Actually, you may be one of the only ones. She's been so rarely talked about since she basically took on the cameo role...until recently that is.

Intensity

lol!  She does have a pretty large fanbase... but I'm the most outspoken one on these forums.
Its sweet that she is now the 2nd in command of the New Warriors- Marvel finally woke up and realized her worth.  :)

but yeah, I still don't have a copy of TTR.  I'm so lazy.   :doh:

Previsionary

Just bumping this thread to tell you guys that my mods are, as of now, unavailable except for X-men: War of the mutants (incomplete) and probably that Batman update. I'll be updating the comprehensive list of mods shortly to reflect this.
--------

As you may or may not know, FRP has recently gone down (much quicker than expected) and I doubt I'll be uploading anything anytime soon. Many thanks to Mikeb7 for hosting as long as he could and for giving many of us a space to use. :P

Oh, um...the only mod I don't have backed up onto a cd is the wolverine mod, so I hope someone still has it and can send it to me, heh.

Renegade

Here is  the Wolverine mod. Thanks for making it! I just wish my Wolverine mesh had been finished in time for you to use it.  :D

http://www.renegadetoybox.com//temp/Wolverine.exe

Previsionary

Quote from: Renegade on July 02, 2008, 11:13:01 AM
Here is  the Wolverine mod. Thanks for making it! I just wish my Wolverine mesh had been finished in time for you to use it.  :D

http://www.renegadetoybox.com//temp/Wolverine.exe

*gasp* That was quicker than expected. many thanks, sir Ren. If I still had my pc up and running along with my modding tools and such, I'd probably update it or just make a new...*is silenced by...um...sabretooth?? Yeah*

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Previsionary on July 02, 2008, 10:00:12 AM
Just bumping this thread to tell you guys that my mods are, as of now, unavailable except for X-men: War of the mutants (incomplete) and probably that Batman update.

Prev, you're such a (premature) drama queen.  Your mods are still available. :P

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

Previsionary

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on July 02, 2008, 12:43:19 PM
Quote from: Previsionary on July 02, 2008, 10:00:12 AM
Just bumping this thread to tell you guys that my mods are, as of now, unavailable except for X-men: War of the mutants (incomplete) and probably that Batman update.

Prev, you're such a (premature) drama queen.  Your mods are still available. :P

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

*sigh* You annoy me. Go away, purple man. :P

Mike probably just fixed the problem thanks to IPS's suggestions, but the site will be going down soonish, so I advise people now to go about and grab everything they can before it's gone in a couple of months.

GogglesPizanno

Cyber Burn

Is the Wolverine mod for  :ff: or  :ffvstr:?

Previsionary

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 02, 2008, 04:48:34 PM
   Is the Wolverine mod for  :ff: or  :ffvstr:?

All my mods on FRP are for FFVTTR ( :ffvstr: ) only. This includes the Wolverine Christmas mod. Though...the site seems to be down again. OMGAH!

*goes into a dramatic fit*

catwhowalksbyhimself

If necessary, you are welcome to either your own webspace hosted by me, or several choice spots in the graveyard.  It would be a shame to lose these.

cmdrkoenig67

Oy!....There goes my chance to have my mod (and future mods) hosted at FRP (and my maps, both old and new).....Sigh.

Dana :banghead:

catwhowalksbyhimself

psst, I'll host them if you like.  It isn't the same, of course, but it's better than nothing.

Cyber Burn

For some reason I don't have the Exiles mod, is it still available somewhere?

Previsionary

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 05, 2008, 10:30:38 AM
   For some reason I don't have the Exiles mod, is it still available somewhere?

Nope, sorry. Unless FRP magically revives itself with the help of Mike or IPS, it's offline for now. I probably won't be uploading it anytime soon either as that would require me to A) find the cd it's housed on and B) find the time to upload it which would most definitely tie into C) updating it.

Soories. :S

Cyber Burn

Thanks Prev, it's a bummer about FPR, especially since I enjoyed playing the mods that I have gotten from there. I hope you do finish the X-Men and Batman mods, I would really like to play those as well. All the mods bring new life to FF, thanks.

Previsionary

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 05, 2008, 11:23:16 AM
   Thanks Prev, it's a bummer about FPR, especially since I enjoyed playing the mods that I have gotten from there. I hope you do finish the X-Men and Batman mods, I would really like to play those as well. All the mods bring new life to FF, thanks.

Glad you enjoyed the mods Conduit, Lude, and myself put out. I can honestly tell you that I very much doubt I'll be getting back to Batman (as far as I'm concerned, the first 3 [out of...9] missions are good enough for a character I really don't like, heh) or X-men War of the Mutants (13 long missions...only finished 3?). I still have the notes somewhere, but all the main material was on my crashed pc and I'm still on hiatus!

Quote from: Renegade on July 02, 2008, 11:13:01 AM
I just wish my Wolverine mesh had been finished in time for you to use it.  :D

Ren, I really don't like you right now. :P. For some reason, this comment sparked my mind and I expanded the Wolverine mod into 5 missions that could make use of most, if not all, of your wolverine meshes. I'll just post the idea here for no particular reason at all:

The mod expands off of the Christmas idea and heads into New Years...but at an earlier time and with another sidekick, Kitty! Kitty notices that Wolverine has been missing since New Years' Eve and everyone except her suspects Wolverine is just at a bar getting drunk like usual. Kitty discovers something much more sinister is going on and aims to save him by herself.

Next mission, we find Wolverine in Japan with his next protege following behind. Wolverine is taken out during his flight and X-23 resolves to find him and make his kidnappers pay. While in Japan, X-23 gets the pleasure of meeting the very powerful hand ninjas (HAHA!) and their current leader...but all is not what it seems.

We then get to the latest rookie under Wolverine's tutelage. Wolverine plans to test just how strong and in control of her powers Armor really is...so...DANGERROOM MISSIONS! FUN! WOO! CREATIVITY!

The idea tops off with all 4 sidekicks (chronologically impossible if they remain in sidekick attire. :P) enjoying a nice calming trip to Japan where each one (minus armor) experience a set of villains that help build up their characters...with no Wolverine to slice and dice them! What's a team of female sidekicks to do?!

I have tentatively named this idea the "Sidekick Chronicles"...but I'm also leaning towards the awesome names of "Wolverine and the femkicks!"; "The brat pack"; and "Honey, I lost the kids to a feral man!". Heck, I sometimes think, "Logan and those lesser x-men [Wolverine and the OTHER X-men]" is a good name when I'm half-awake. :P

This has been useless information with me--PREV!

Carravaggio

Quote from: Previsionary on July 05, 2008, 01:09:41 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 05, 2008, 11:23:16 AM
Heck, I sometimes think, "Logan and those lesser x-men [Wolverine and the OTHER X-men]" is a good name when I'm half-awake. :P

I hear Marvel has been trying to change the titles of all the regular X-Books to that for some years now...

Previsionary

As reported by sir IPS, who was very generous to host the site for...well, I can't set a timeline; the site is back up. So, go make use of it. Also, thanks to sir Mike for the part he played in both being the previous hoster and for allowing someone else to keep the site going.

*sigh* I have to update the mod list...again.

Previsionary

Well, I'm training myself back up into top form just so my knowledge is back in its prime somewhere...sooooo...I may need someone to test something I threw together a few hours ago. Do I have any willing...volunteers who want to do some tedious testing?

BentonGrey

I don't believe it!  Have I finally gotten to you Prev?  I can't wait to see what you've put out. ;)

Previsionary

don't be daft! I'm not "modding" I'm increasing my repertoire for some other reason that involves me controlling the world. I just need it tested to make sure it works correctly. Where's TPE when you need him? :P

GogglesPizanno

TPE was collateral damage in my ongoing attempts to destroy Randy....

Previsionary

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on October 13, 2008, 12:37:46 PM
TPE was collateral damage in my ongoing attempts to destroy Randy....

How unfortunate. *sues gogglespizanno and the goggle rangers*

See you in court. In other news, does anyone remember me saying:

Quote from: Previsionary on September 08, 2008, 09:44:05 PM
Well, just bumping this.

To give you gangers an update, I have "somewhat" considered breaking my year long sabbatical on modding and doing something simple. I actually have three core ideas I'm considering right now. I guess I'll list them here with no sort of detail. :P

1. Human Torch/Iceman  (which I have effectively named "Marvel: Teamups" as I thought up some other combos to include if I don't do the story route).

2. Skrulls...

3. My own universe mod which I keep putting off since it'd only interest me, probs.

Oh

4. Hulk: Brand New Day.

There you go. Now watch me not do any of those. Heh. Heck, I'd probably do X-men: First Class before anything else at this point. ^^

Well, it's a combination of 1 and my final comment. I have been randomly working on some stuff to gear up for something else...so I decided to go back and pick up an idea tiobe and I were supposed to do before I cemented my hiatus. I'm just saying you "might" see some episodic pieces coming out...you might not. I got one part tested thanks to c4 and a few other people...but...stuff happens...and such. *wanders off*

|