• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Prev's mods: Ultimate Trio Beta 1.4 release

Started by Previsionary, April 24, 2007, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

GogglesPizanno

QuoteHow unfortunate. *sues gogglespizanno and the goggle rangers*

Its Shirley and the Shirlettes now....

QuoteWell, it's a combination of 1 and my final comment. I have been randomly working on some stuff to gear up for something else...so I decided to go back and pick up an idea tiobe and I were supposed to do before I cemented my hiatus. I'm just saying you "might" see some episodic pieces coming out...you might not. I got one part tested thanks to c4 and a few other people...but...stuff happens...and such. *wanders off*

Get Back here Mod tease!!

Tootie??...

SHANE!!

BentonGrey

Previsionary

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on October 23, 2008, 04:59:05 PM
QuoteHow unfortunate. *sues gogglespizanno and the goggle rangers*

Its Shirley and the Shirlettes now....

That's cute. Do you have coordinated outfits too? Maybe a dance and tune picked out for when you enter a room? Look, Shirley, I might have to hire you for my niece's next birthday after this lawsuit thing settle. Will you be available? ^_^

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on October 23, 2008, 04:59:05 PM
Get Back here Mod tease!!

Tootie??...

SHANE!!

Mod tease? Tootie!? SHANE?!?!?!

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 23, 2008, 07:37:45 PM
SHANE!!!!!!!!!!

Et tu, Monkey?! My name is Pre "Previsionary" Vision. How dare you! This ain't no B/W western, boys! Get out my house! *dramatics*

With that out the way...I will say that USAgent tested something for me and most things seem to be good. I'm still debating uploading for the general public. I guess I'll decide on that when...*see something shiny. Disappears in a puff of smoke leaving 4 pennies, a calendar, a 'Hey Shirley (This Is Squirrely)' cd, and a Monkees cd behind...*

yell0w_lantern

Surely, you can't be serious.

GogglesPizanno

...And dont call me... oh crap... well I guess you can.

So who here likes Gladiator movies??

Previsionary

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on October 25, 2008, 05:12:22 PM
Surely, you can't be serious.

In seriousness, I am debating whether to release it or not. Not only did my main hosting go down, but I don't know how I feel about putting out something (2 parts) if I don't really plan to finish it. Lately, I'm only coding to relearn some stuff while increasing my repertoire...and that only happens when I'm stressed (so...once every two weeks). Not to mention that the coding process so far has been pretty strenuous in the writing/testing department.

So, I'd like to here some opinions. Would the community want a mainstream episodic mod right now even if there's not a very high chance I'll finish it? All thoughts are welcomed as long as Aquaman isn't mentioned *cough*. ^^

USAgent

I would say yes, definatly.   Even though there is a chance there might not be a end to it, its still new material and content for us FF fans that is very enjoyable to play.  Besides you have already put in time and effort into it, it would be a shame for it to just sit there on your hard drive when there are plenty of us folks that could enjoy it. And you said that there is a high chance you might not finish it, which mean there IS a chance you will (you didn't say your definatly not gonna finish it).  But if it is never released in the first place then surely you wouldnt finish it, and we don't want that for sure, surely.

yell0w_lantern

Sure.
Someone could always finish it off later if you abandon it.

Previsionary

Two whole replies. Woot Woot.

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on October 26, 2008, 03:17:30 PM
Someone could always finish it off later if you abandon it.

See, someone else taking up my work would mean a change in style, dialogue, and coding. It'd effectively not be my work anymore and be some type of...well, it wouldn't be a collab either. It'd be a mash together of two seperate people's ideas and such. I just don't see myself being ok with that, heh. Beyond that...we only have like 4+ coders on this board now, so once it's abandoned...I think it'll be buried. :S

yell0w_lantern

I'm pretty sure you can switch back and forth from EZScript to Scripting as long as it's not in the same mission. So you could do missions 1 through x in Python and Y through Z in EZ Script.
It would be an interesting exercise to have successive people add missions to a campaign like those stories where every person adds a new sentence or whatever.

Carravaggio

lmalonsof

You can count on me too Prev (EZscript part)

Previsionary

I'm kinda confused...

But, as a minor update, I did a little upgrade today and I sent that out to my testers. Miraculously...TPE survived whatever Goggles...Shirley...................whatever he did to him. As a sidenote, I'm working on herofiles today but I got a little sidetracked by...something shiny. It was a nickel! I's rich, y'all! *nods*

*disappears in a puff of quarters*

GogglesPizanno

*Shirley is currently too busy playing Fallout to engage in a witty retort...*

*Runs off after a Super Mutant*

Previsionary

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on November 02, 2008, 09:21:50 AM
*Shirley is currently too busy playing Fallout to engage in a witty retort...*

*Runs off after a Super Mutant*

Oh, Shirley.  *audience applause*
----------

MMMMMMMK, well, as of now...I sent out episode 3 and I started working on the script for episode 4 which I'll probably work on sometime around my bday (in a week actually, mark it). I'm currently in the mindset that I'll release the first three parts sometime soonish (after I fix up some stuff and get some more playtest reviews back) and add on whenever I finish the next part (4 and 5). I will say that each episode has drained me more than the last because of all the stuff I'm trying out, but the writing process has been fun for me...more or less. I'll now proceed to give out some details:

1. This mod fits directly into the Crisis/Exiles timeline.
2. The main characters (+supporting cast) were missing from Crisis, so this is effectively a side story
3. Um...lotta duo action.
4. Narrators don't often speak with their stars...so, is it odd when it does happen?
5. If you have a lock, then you better find a key...or something
6. choose 5, get ten. choose 10...get ten...wait, what?!
7. "Menina, watch it!"
8. "I've always been a loon!"

That's it. Also some pics? Is that what you want? Mmk...no. Maybe later. ^_^

Previsionary

Hmmm, wow...I guess I've come to this day. I've packaged together episodes 1-3 and uploaded it for you guys to play around with. Be aware that some errors may still exist as I didn't fine tune it as well as I would have liked. Hope you guys enjoy it.
-----------

Crisis was a most catastrophic event that almost set two major universes on a path to destruction and complete dictatorship under the rule of Thanoseid. Not everyone participated in, or even knew about this event taking place. Some heroes were off dealing with other minor villains that subsequently rose in power thanks to the distortion of time and space. These heroes were Iceman, Human Torch, and Deadpool...and their villain...loves to play games. They are...THE ULTIMATE TRIO

Facts:

1.   Three missions not including the opening. More to come laterage...perhaps.
2.   Quite a few guest stars. You might even want to play a few missions twice.
3.   Some new maps you won't find anywhere else. Thanks to Conduit and Dana!
4.   A few new fx I've yet to actually release + a minor update to Fire Control thanks to Stumpy
5.   It's 50.2 MB, so about 100+ MB unpacked.
6.   And finally...many thanks to my testers: C4, USAgent, and sir TPE whom Shirley tried destroy
7.   Sidenote: Also thanks to Murs and BG for doing something. ^^

Pics:

Download:

Clicky click click

yell0w_lantern

I'm looking forward to playing this mod.
However, in the first sentence of the first picture, you change from past tense to present tense. It wrecks the flow of the text.

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on November 12, 2008, 09:14:59 AM
I'm looking forward to playing this mod.
However, in the first sentence of the first picture, you change from past tense to present tense. It wrecks the flow of the text.

[irony]Ooooh, snap!  Someone else is beating Prev with the grammar stick for a change...[/irony]

I must be getting soft... :unsure:

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

Previsionary

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on November 12, 2008, 09:14:59 AM

Hrm,

A boy that has a family...and they had a fight. This is his story and he is the HUMAN TORCH!

It starts in present tense and has a necessary tense shift because the fight is no longer going on; therefore, the action of fighting takes place in the past (even though it was literally seconds ago), but the actual story is still in progress which is why the rest of the text is simple present tense. Of course, if someone with uber english skills like Sir Tiobe wants to step in and break it down, I'm all ears. ^_^

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Previsionary on November 12, 2008, 09:34:11 AM
A boy that has a family...and they had a fight. This is his story and he is the HUMAN TORCH!

It starts in present tense and has a necessary tense shift because the fight is no longer going on; therefore, the action of fighting takes place in the past (even though it was literally seconds ago), but the actual story is still in progress which is why the rest of the text is simple present tense. Of course, if someone with uber english skills like Sir Tiobe wants to step in and break it down, I'm all ears. ^_^

My recommended corrections would be

QuoteA boy who has a family...that have quarreled. This is the story of the HUMAN TORCH!

If you'd like an explanation for these recommended revisions, I'd be happy to supply you with one via PM instead of littering up your thread here with more of my off-topic posts.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

catwhowalksbyhimself

I actually think the original version is fine.  tiobe's is better formal English, but who needs that in a comic based intro?

GogglesPizanno

But Fallout 3 IS a sequel even if the gameplay is different !!
Oh wait, wrong thread...

:D

I'm keen to try it out, and maybe, just maybe it might inspire me to finish one of the 12 different projects I have going on... Oh who am I kidding.

GogglesPizanno

So I attempted the mod last night just before I went to bed.

Few things.

1. I really like the way you customize your cut scenes with the unique camera angles and what not.

2. I know I say this about most mods, but because recording dialogue is just unrealistic, a lot of the cut scenes would benefit from possibly some mellow background music of some kind. Without any sounds other than the occasion flying "whoosh" its like watching TV with the sound off. The silence is actually a little distracting.

3. I got my butt handed to me by the robots, and then I went to bed, so for now. I'm blaming it on lack of sleep... yeah... not that I totally suck or anything... nope not at all...

Previsionary

Shirley! Hi, Shirley! Thanks for commenting.

1. Thanks. I try to expand on things I did previously, but because I didn't feel a super need to abuse mesh animations and the angles were easier...there ya go. :P

2. Only the initial cutscenes are musicless. Since I don't include custom music (tracking it down and size problems), I stick to IG's uber specific music and play it at the end of cutscene 1. I guess I could start it earlier and allow it to build throughout the CS. I'll add it to my list and see how it turns out.

3. OMGAH! NOWAI! Get...out. Blame USAgent as well...but still...get out.  ;)

USAgent

This was a fun treat Prev, I love how your mods are loosly connected to each other- great idea! 
Those new maps are great (thanks Conduit and Dana).  You did a good job with the cutscenes, and all the banter between the characters.  And the idea of getting to choose your partners gives it more replayability.

[spoiler]The Robot mission certainly isnt the hardest one, Active defences and area attacks helped me out the most with the robots along with fire control.  They arn't the types you want to throw punches at though, you need to hit and run with these guys.[/spoiler]

Previsionary

It's been a week since I released the beta and surprisingly enough...it's been downloaded 60+ times including the download from the direct link I had up a few days. I didn't even know that many people still actively played the game. Yayzers.
-------------------

In other news...I plan to work on mission 4...sometime this week depending on my schedule. Just gotta make hero files...and code...then get it tested...and all that funtacular stuff. If anyone has any feedback for me, I'd appreciate hearin' it either here or in a pm. ^_^

AfghanAnt

[spoiler]I got up to the Arcade level. I think I had a bug because I couldn't finish the level.
[/spoiler]

Previsionary

Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 19, 2008, 09:57:43 AM
I got up to the Arcade level. I think I had a bug because I couldn't finish the level.

Arcade level? *has no recollection of an arcade level*

GogglesPizanno

THAT'S how proficient you are....
You spit things out without even knowing you are doing it.

I'm hoping to make a second attempt at it this weekend once my work schedule clears up a bit.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on November 19, 2008, 10:33:11 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 19, 2008, 09:57:43 AM
I got up to the Arcade level. I think I had a bug because I couldn't finish the level.

Arcade level? *has no recollection of an arcade level*

[spoiler]So the underground fire level is a prison by Arcade? [/spoiler]

Oh wait...I'm stupid...

|