• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Prev's mods: Ultimate Trio Beta 1.4 release

Started by Previsionary, April 24, 2007, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Previsionary

Wow, my mod previews/releases are getting more and more distance in between them. Anyway, my latest project (Read: When I have time) has been a little diddy I call the Exiles mod. Back when Crisis was released, I said I had tons (read 5) spinoff/aftermath mods planned and here's the first of the bunch (and maybe the only of the bunch since I find it hard to keep interest in modding). Anyway, I'm sure it's not the best mod ever...but hopefully someone appreciates my work.

Epimethee

Don't know much about the Exiles, but looking forward to learn more. Care to tease us a bit on the storyline of your mod? :)

Lunarman

looking great! I can't wait

Previsionary

storyline? What's that you speak of, Epi? :P

One of the most diabolical events in (my timeline anyway) marvel history was "Crisis" which resulted in tons of timelines being altered and ripped apart in both the DC universe and marvel's own haven of heroes. However, the only exile member that was remotely involved with the downfall of Thanos and Darkseid was the ever so happy Morph. Returning back to his own place in the Exiles base, Morph realizes that no one recalls him being gone, he can barely remember where he was, and he somehow brought Psylocke with him (setting up the current roster). Not to mention he and the whole Exiles team have to travel back to the location of the final battle between Earth's combined heroes and Thanoseid to fix whatever dangerous rip in time that has occurred while fighting off a dangerous new group of foes.

*note* This mod leads directly into the DC big three story (somewhat) and the Avengers story.

Dreaded Porcupine

I hope Beak is in it. I liked him in the New X-men and I currently have an Exiles TPB to read with him in the group.

M25

Yes, the storyline sounds interesting.  I like the idea of spin-off mini-series.

kkhohoho

Sounds interesting.

Epimethee

Thanks for the sneak peek, Prev. It indeed sounds interesting, especially how it relates to the other mods. :)

Previsionary

sadly, I'm already on hiatus from this mod just because my creative drive is depleted and I'm a little too busy to do anything FF related. However, my plan is to try and put the finishing touches on the current mission i have on hold and release the mod in a series of "issues". I dunno...just depends I guess.

Monkeyman

Just for you to know, your mods are always a joy. I just want you to know that your work here is appreciated. Thanks for all the hard work.

Rick Battlemage

I play-tested this or rather... the first 2 missions.

And it was great, I can assure you this mod is fun (aren't they always :P).

Hope premmy will finish it up pretty soon.

Previsionary

thanks for the comments guys,

just so this thread doesn't disappear into an abyss, I have worked on this mod a bit...very slowly, but progress is none-the-less being made. What I have left to do:

1) finish scripting
2) remap everything (thank cmdrkoenig for that)
3) test
4) edit herofiles
5) test
6) get a playtester to test
7) test and debug. :P

The mission I'm currently working on brings back several heroes from the past mod plus some returning villains. Not to mention a couple of new faces to stir things up. All this mission does, though, is set up that some, if not most, of the heroes involved in my last mod still have fuzzy memories about the events. Not to mention it sets up a status quo for several villains that I used. :P. But, it's mostly used to set up Psylocke's storyline throughout the mod as "odd-girl out"...so yeah.

Doctor TOC

Given that your preview pics include my favourite Captain Britain, you know I'm interested. Keep at it!

The Phantom Eyebrow

More power to your elbow Prem!

chuckles

Hey Prem great looking mod, I've been away from FR for too long. Glad to see you've kept yourself busy. The teaser images look pretty good. I'll go dl it now. Thanks for your contributions to the forum, and keep on knockin' out the mods.................please. :thumbup:

Previsionary

When the exiles are away:

Who's gonna save the day:

When Granny came to play:

Young Justice, on the way:

detourne_me

boom tubes!  righteous!   can't wait to see this mod in action

Arlecchino

First Tommy now you. This is an amazing time for mods.

detourne_me

actually dude,  take a look,  prem's put out about 7 mods for FFVTTR already.

murs47

there wouldn't happen to be any secret character that you are planning?
cough...cough.......mimic......cough...thunderbird

excuse me, I seem to have a couple things stuck in my throat  :rolleyes:

Previsionary

Quote from: Arlecchino on May 23, 2007, 03:55:40 PM
First Tommy now you. This is an amazing time for mods.

Quote from: detourne_me on May 24, 2007, 09:15:37 AM

Thanks Det,

Technically, I'm first and I have 12 mods for FFVTTR (only 9 are released), but whatcha gonna do. The thread has been here for a month and all, heh.  :rolleyes:

Quote from: murs47 on May 24, 2007, 02:13:59 PM
there wouldn't happen to be any secret character that you are planning?
cough...cough.......mimic......cough...thunderbird

excuse me, I seem to have a couple things stuck in my throat  :rolleyes:

Do you have a cold? Better get that checked out, yo :P. Originally there "were" some secret characters, but I no longer have those meshes and skins...so...no mimic, thunderbird, wolverine, sunfire, magnus, or Namora at the moment. I can possibly add them in the second episode? Also, there's definitely no beak. No seriously, i'm not joking. I've never seen that particular character skinned or meshed..and i think he's a normal human now. The mod kinda is based on the current exiles roster...only power princess is still on the team.

However, anything is possible and I'm trying to weed in some secret stuff from time to time. The Excaliburs mission (see capt brit) has a secret  character in it that's only around for that mission...so who knows. BTW, if anyone has any exile based skins/meshes...dont be shy to send them my way.

P.S. Did I say episodes? I did? I better explain. Since my (schedule is/interests are) all over the place as of late and it's really throwing off my modding prowess...I'm thinking of releasing exiles in parts...kinda like the classic ff1 mods were released. Episode 1 (2 [or 3] missions) is already done and is being tested...so...if I don't find myself coding away my day in the next few days, it'll prolly be up for download soonish. Yay for broken up storylines, eh? :P

Arlecchino

Quote from: detourne_me on May 24, 2007, 09:15:37 AM

Right.  :P I know that, I was simply commenting on the current crop of mods coming down the pipeline now. Sorry Prem didnt want you to think I was trying to cheat you out of getting full cedit for all the great mods you have done. BTW Im loving playing the Crisis mod.

murs47

If you want Mimic I'm willing to skin him. I wouldn't know which mesh to use....maybe a wolverine mesh with the hair hexed off.

As for Thunderbird, I don't think there is a proper mesh for his "War-Berserker-Horseman of Apocalypse" mode, or whatever you want to call it. But if there was I'd skin that for you as well.

Previsionary

Quote from: murs47 on May 24, 2007, 05:44:38 PM
If you want Mimic I'm willing to skin him. I wouldn't know which mesh to use....maybe a wolverine mesh with the hair hexed off.

As for Thunderbird, I don't think there is a proper mesh for his "War-Berserker-Horseman of Apocalypse" mode, or whatever you want to call it. But if there was I'd skin that for you as well.

Thanks for the offer, murs. I vaguely remember a mimic mesh and maybe a skin...but that might have been on GPL (ink mesh perhaps?). However, it doesn't really have to be the exiles version...the exiles do travel to different worlds, so a new version of any of those characters would be better than none in my eyes. *shrugs*

detourne_me

hmmn....
its times like this that i wish i was at my homr pc.

i did a cool beak hex, that could easily be skinned.  and i did a mimic hex, but its kinda a mix between exiles mimic and 616 mimic.  he's got cylops goggles, wolverine claws, some speedster keys, and is based on VX archangel for cool flying and winged attacks

tommyboy

I've got a classic mimic mesh at my site, and I thought Syn did a Thunderbird (the second one, but still).
I think it was Kraven who had a hex of Thunderbird One (not the puppet rocket ship, the xman :P)

murs47

Quote from: tommyboy on May 25, 2007, 05:58:08 AM
I've got a classic mimic mesh at my site, and I thought Syn did a Thunderbird (the second one, but still).
I think it was Kraven who had a hex of Thunderbird One (not the puppet rocket ship, the xman :P)

Yeah, those are both great meshes, I use them both for my X-Men skirmishes in the rumble room a lot.
But the Thunderbird from exiles is completely different. Apocalypse turns this John Proudstar into one of his Horseman of Apocalypse (WAR.) He was a character that was struggling to reclaim his humanity. I thought it was a great concept, but sadly, it was short lived.

This is him(the left). A male_hulking with a ponytail would be a fitting mesh for him

This is him in his "berserker WAR" mode. He's stronger then the Hulk in this form and is actually holding the  Hulk up by the neck with one arm in this pic!

If Prev wanted to include him in his mod I would love to skin him.

Previsionary

I would like to definitely include Thunderbird just because it would be cool just to have him in action...specially since he's in a stasis tube in exiles. :(.

On Mimic, I'm kinda waiting on someone to see if he (or she) can finish up something. More on that later...i'd rather not reveal anything just in case it doesn't work out.

*sidenote: Blink in that pictures looks...yeah...not the best pic. :P*

Anyway, all this talk of secret characters makes them no longer a secret (well...i still have one that no one will guess)...and if I do happen to run upon any meshes/skins of the previous exiles members (bar nocturne for obvious reasons)...I'll try to modify my story enough to allow them in the picture (without ripping apart my already set storylines...and still tying into those other tie-in mods).

Previsionary

small update:

I was correct in thinking there was a mimic skin...but it's for an old mesh by Beyonder so...no wings or claws. So my plan is still to wait and see if my other mimic plans pull through otherwise I'll use the male_muscular versions of mimic.

Previsionary

Quote from: ips on May 25, 2007, 12:05:22 PM
i don't know the character well but there was a mimic mesh and skin in the XDR mod

thanks for the reply, IPS, but unfortunately that's not the Mimic I was searching for. The version in the mod looks like the 616 version. Mimic in exiles looks like this:

http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/thumb/d/d2/Mimic_Exiles_004.jpg/300px-Mimic_Exiles_004.jpg

or

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Image:Blink_%26_Mimic.jpg

But thanks anyway.

|