Obscure Heroes

Started by Green Hornet, March 13, 2007, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

rmt

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on August 08, 2008, 09:06:08 PM
Quote from: rmt on July 13, 2008, 08:22:14 AM
Quote from: rmt on June 05, 2008, 08:49:58 PM
Well I changed my plans and reskoped him for  :ffvstr: tonight after all.  Both versions are at the riddlemethismeshes1 yahoo group along with Black Orchid that I threw up there but am not sure if I told anyone. 

Coming soon on the (relatively) obscure side: Fiery Icer (Charlton), Iron Arms (Charlton), Undersea Agent (Tower), Raven (Tower, based more on the 80's version so I think different enough from Da Glob's excellent one), the entire Royal Flush Gang (DC), Andor (Tower), Vibraman (Tower), Whirligig (Tower), Red Dragon (Tower), and possibly others.  They're all done, I just have to decide whether to release them now or with the mod they go with (the mod is not done but should be in just a few weeks, but may be too big to have hosted).

Da Glob, if you like, I can start a different thread.  Don't want to hijack, I just figure the Few Fans of Obscurity are well assembled here, and I like rewarding them in the less public manner.   ^_^

It appears the 150 level mod, Crisis on Finite Earths, will not be publicly released.  It is already 4.82 gb with 20 levels to go and 26 Golden Age characters to be added.  It will probably compress some but not enough to make a hosting request reasonable.  It also has 600 characters and I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to track down all the various people to get permissions and credits and so on.  Like the 100 level Marvel Wars that wrapped up last spring, it will have to be disc-distributed at my cost, so that means E2 only.

I will make the above mentioned characters available through e-mail or maybe yahoo if someone really wants them.  Just send me a PM, or DaGlob has them as well if he doesn't mind trying to post them somewhere.  Mine are FF1 only; he has the FFvTTR only versions as several did not convert but I re-did them for him.  Unless they're still in my sent items box, I didn't keep those versions which is why I'm siccing people on him.   :P

Please note I'm moving in about 3 weeks so bear with me if I'm not super-responsive.  I will probably only check here every week or two at best, but I will be changing IP providers/e-mail addresses so PM will be the safest way to eventually reach me.  I'm also trying to finish the final 20 levels for the mod which is my FF time priority.  What I have left to code shouldn't be hard but will be easy to screw up as it includes random generators for Marvel Team Up, Marvel Two in One, The Brave and the Bold, etc.

Well those huge mods sound totally cool, but I totally understnad it being nearly impossible to distribute them conventionally.

Any chance of putting them in a torrent, perhaps? Thats a good way to move huge files like that around.

Catwhowalksbyhimself claims he can host one or both despite their size, so as soon as I get settled (just moved), I'm going to see about mailing him a disc with the first one, the 100 level Marvel Wars.  If he or some volunteers can get the permission issues cleaned up and/or otherwise keep me from being lynched for not knowing/remembering where every possible skin/skope/hex/mesh came from, it will go public.  The 150 level Crisis on Finite Earths would then go public in a few months, probably between Christmas and New Year's Eve after the bugs are worked out by the beta group (i.e., Earth2 Productions, who get their copies by mail).

Green Hornet

more obscure heroes: Superhero G, Nitron, Paul Igue, Shadowflame  :rickbm

rmt

FYI, FF1 versions of Fiery Icer (Charlton), Iron Arms (Charlton), Undersea Agent (Tower), Raven (Tower, based more on the 80's version), Vibraman (Tower), Whirligig (Tower), and Red Dragon (Tower) have been posted to my yahoo group.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/riddlemethismeshes1/

Da Glob may have ffvttr versions if needed.  I remember they didn't convert directly, but IIRC, I managed to re-do them and e-mail them to him before I moved.  Not sure I can access them otherwise as that e-mail account was disabled when I moved.

billdamn22

I did a Patriotico (actual name is Nitron) skin. He can be found here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Billdamnsotherskinspot

Doctor TOC

Venture was a superhero who featured in his own short-lived (four issues, sheesh!) series from Image, before appearing as an occasional guest in Jay Faerber's Noble causes. I always thought he was pretty cool and deserved greater success. Image below - he's the guy with the cape.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Green Hornet

more of the obscure heroes: Smoke, Silverdoll, Strike 3, Paragond   :rickbm

daglob

I had almost forgotten Strike. Hmmm... Wonder how hard it would be to come up with The Liberty Project...

Doctor TOC

Did anyone ever skin any of the characters from Marvel: The Lost Generation?

Details can be found here; http://www.lostgenerationhandbook.com/, and http://www.geocities.com/ratmmjess/lost.html

I'd love to see skins of characters like The Black Fox, the Yankee Clipper and Kid Justice, Mr. Justice, Knight Templar and Squire, Walkabout, OxbowFirefall, Flatiron, Reflex, Liberty Girl, Nightingale and the rest.

daglob

I THINK that The Black Fox has been done, but I can't find it on my hard drive. Flash _22798 has skinned Yankee Clipper, and maybe Mr. Justice and Kid Justice as well. I don't know about the rest.

USAgent

I have skins for the First Line characters- Black Fox, Black Jack, Flatiron, Mr. Justice, Repunzel, Reflex and Yankee Clipper.  Death Jester did them.  I don't know where they  could be at though. But I can zip them up for you and send them.

daglob

I for one would definitely like them. Could you send them to

lonespaceranger@gmail.com

please?

Green Hornet

more obscure heroes: The Wanderers  (Dartalon, Elvar, Re-Animage, Aviax, Psyche, Quantum Queen  ) :rickbm

Green Hornet

Here they come again same obscure group but older version:  The Wanders   
     Celebrand, their leader, who had no super-powers, but had a brilliant tactical mind and expertise with a ray gun,
     Ornitho, who could turn himself into avian forms of all sorts and could fly
     Elvo, a nimble master swordsman,
     Dartalg, a crack shot with a blowgun who carried specially-treated darts for all occasions
     Immorto, who could never be killed due to his body's ability to heal itself almost instantly,
     Psyche, the Mistress of Emotions, and
     Quantum Queen, who could turn herself into any form of quantum radiation.   :rickbm 

Green Hornet

another obscure hero Wingman   :rickbm

daglob

Quote from: Green Hornet on September 24, 2008, 06:28:25 AM
another obscure hero Wingman   :rickbm

That one is so goofy looking I may have to just find time to do him.

Green Hornet

Anyone ever made this version of the JLA  :rickbm

danhagen

I believe Redbackdeath did a "Superman: Age of Wonder" hex on a Hyperion mesh by Gren. I have it, if you're interested. Age of Wonder was a truly excellent Elseworlds series.

BatWing

Quote from: Green Hornet on September 28, 2008, 08:09:12 AM
Anyone ever made this version of the JLA  :rickbm

i happen to have flash and the green lantern :D

Green Hornet

Another obscure group with a not obscure character: The Outsiders  :rickbm

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Green Hornet on October 02, 2008, 07:47:11 AM
Another obscure group with a not obscure character: The Outsiders  :rickbm

hmmm.....that Reflecto (assuming it's the character in the yellow & orange) looks *exactly* like the character of the same name from a LSH arc from the 80's.

....and this Wiki entry explains why.  Interesting that Nightcrawler was almost a DC character.

daglob

I've posted Strike, The Tornado, The Conqueror, and The Twilight Avenger from this thread at one of the three Character Obscura groups.

herodad1

whats the story with nightcrawler almost being a dc charact.?couldnt find anything.

Previsionary

Quote from: herodad1 on October 06, 2008, 12:33:35 PM
whats the story with nightcrawler almost being a dc charact.?couldnt find anything.

Really? It's like the first paragraph of PG's link. That's all you really need to know.

Quote from: PG's linkIn the early 1970s, Dave Cockrum planned a Legion spin-off series called the Outsiders, which would have, among other characters, included Nightcrawler (who was later introduced in the Marvel Comics team the X-Men) and Reflecto, in his first appearance as a living character. This series was not produced, however.

herodad1

OUCH! :didnt scroll high enough

Green Hornet

Thanks daglob for making Strike, The Tornado, The Conqueror, and The Twilight Avenger now more OBSCURE HEROES: Mosquitoman, Chickenman, Squirrelgirl, Dragonfly   :rickbm 

Panther_Gunn

USAgent

Tommy has a Squirrel girl on his site

Green Hornet

more obscure heroes: Flyman, Bob Phantom, Catgirl, Firefly  :rickbm

daglob

Bob Phantom and Firefly have been done, by Copper Age, I believe.

Green Hornet

more of the obscure heroes: Koda, Peace Party, Superpro, Darkling   :rickbm

|