• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Curse You, Ultra/SuperMan!

Started by yell0w_lantern, March 08, 2007, 02:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yell0w_lantern

Pictures, thousand words, and so on:

A big Big BIG thanks to The Ultimate Evil for an Ultimate skin!

Guy Gardner Reborn in 2 flavors: Aura and no aura. Download link at the bottom.

FLASH_22798

Stupid site blockage, how can I wait till I get home to see this?

Ganymede Zero

Carravaggio

i used to hate guy gardener when i was a kid. he is such a jerk, and that haicut of his?
but as i got older i came to understand his place in the greater scheme of things, so thanks YL for such a great representation of the character who makes cowboy boots and old jeans come across as a superhero costume! (real nice work on modelling those boots BTW.)

Podmark

BatWing

omg guy gardner :thumbup:

the_ultimate_evil

still not happy with that logo lol

its a superb mesh YL

cripp12

damn site blockage.  :(

Revenant

That's incredible yellow lantern!  Thanks so much for making Guy.. even though I never liked him that much until the Death of Superman story where he took on Doomsday

BentonGrey

That really is a great mesh YL!  Like someone has already said, the boots are particularly nice.  Great work!

AfghanAnt

I love this mesh and I wish I was inspired to skin it but Ultimate Evil did a wonderful job on the skin. It brought the whole thing to life.

UnfluffyBunny

Just noticed YL hadnt posted the temp link so
DOWNLOAD

BatWing

yes!!!
this day just keeps gettin better!!

Protomorph

When I first saw this thread, I thought, "Has he made meshes of The Electric Company?"

yell0w_lantern

Quote from: Protomorph on March 24, 2007, 10:08:53 AM
When I first saw this thread, I thought, "Has he made meshes of The Electric Company?"

J. Arthur Crank and Fargo North, Decoder, in Freedom Force!   :P

doctorchallenger

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on March 26, 2007, 06:49:46 PM
Quote from: Protomorph on March 24, 2007, 10:08:53 AM

J. Arthur Crank and Fargo North, Decoder, in Freedom Force!   :P

http://www.artofjohnbyrne.com/unsorted/images/lectrico.jpg

Easy Reader Says Ouch!

yell0w_lantern

Lunarman

oh yeah! Those are both awesome. I like the Recharged version especially :)

Podmark

Nice! I love that you did the recharge version, I like having the most up to date costumes.

And kudos to the great work by TUE and Murs!

BatWing

sweet! more guy gardners!

yell0w_lantern

Allo allo!
Here's a very short experiment I've been working on: using dynamic lights on character meshes!
Note the colors and intensities. They are strictly FF2 meshes. These releases are primarily for NIFSkopers to transfer between meshes. They'll be on Freedom Asylum after the site is back up and running.

Two characters each with a different colored dynamic light. You'll be able to choose from red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, pink and white!

This mesh, despite being FFv3R only, takes only FF1 male_basic keys. He has been specially rotated in Max so that you'll be able to use Havok69 keys or Ren's GL Test keys.

There will also be the vanilla FF2 keys version - only one set of those (i.e. the default keys from IG). There is some slight bobbing of the aura (not the light) that I have not resolved but I may not bother because I like the effect.

Revenant

Awesome!  You figured out the lights!  They look really cool.  I wonder if it's possible to alter the light colors for these ones in NifSkope?

These will prove to be very useful, thanks YL!

Sledgehammer

This looks very, very good! And interesting stuff too. I'm thinking of more than a couple of characters that could benefit from something like this...

yell0w_lantern

Quote from: Revenant on August 19, 2007, 06:55:29 PM
Awesome!  You figured out the lights!  They look really cool.  I wonder if it's possible to alter the light colors for these ones in NifSkope?
I don't know but all the basic colors are covered anyway (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, cyan, purple, pink and white).

Revenant

That sounds great.  I assumed that the light color was hard-coded into the mesh.  I tried a few times to change the in-game lights, but even if i changed the values in NifSkope the color would be the same as it was.

yell0w_lantern

The light can be controlled by adjusting the multiplier and the end parameter of the far attenuation setting. That's in Max; I have to be honest and say I don't know whether it's hexable or not.

yell0w_lantern

And the FF1 key version is released via my yahoo group!
You can also download the max file for my Silver Age Batman mesh.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/crazy_lantern_2nd_floor/

yell0w_lantern

Previewed a loooooong time ago. Here she is at last - Reverse Flash II!

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/crazy_lantern_2nd_floor/

billdamn22

Great work, YL! Gotta get this in game.

yell0w_lantern

The "Golden Age" Blitz. A pastiche character created by Big Bang comics.

Is here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/characterobscura/
Skin by Lionheart.