new stuff!

Started by blobula, February 26, 2007, 06:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blobula

Ok, you haven't seen me much lately but here's some stuff I've been working on:

Will-O'-The-Wisp, a Spidey villain:

Mentallo:

Reverend Styge, the "sin-eater":

Thanks goes to Ultimate Evil for his great suit base and to C6 (of course) for the base skin.

Humbug, a goofy character from Heroes for Hire:

Tower, of the Alliance of Evil:

detourne_me

ccol stuff Blobula,  i love your takes on the obscure villains,  humbugs a surprise for sure!
will o' the wisp is cool... definately asking for a wooping from spidey after whats been happening in "friendly neighborhood"
i dont know who mentallo and the Rev are, but they really stand out.   i hate it when a skin is soo much cooler than the character ever was!

The Hitman

You found a use for an Ambush Bug mesh! YES!! Great job all around. The thick blue glimmer linme on Menatllo's visor is bugging me a little. Maybe a little blurring will clear it up.

kssaints

Very very nice. As I said i9n another thread that Tower looks great. As do all the others. But I especially like will-o-the-wisp.
Kssaints

Podmark

Very cool stuff, nice and clean.

BentonGrey

Hey man, REALLY nice work.  I especially love the look of that Reverend fellow, he has a very distinct face, and you did such nice detail work on his costume....well, you are certainly producing some great art here.

Haljack

Rev Styge your best skin ever. :thumbup:

herodad1

hey'your tower and will-o-wisp are great.question.i cant get the  12ft kf's to work. does every thing need converted or what keyframes should i use from who?ive been using tommy"s and tried valandars growing also.nothing works.help.i converted the skin to fit grenagiers titan mesh but only half his hair is blonde.thaks for your help.

blobula

Thanks for the compliments and critiques, guys!

Hitman: I agree about the blue on Mentallo's visor. I'll see what I can change there.

Herodad1: I just sent you a PM.

UnkoMan

Nice costume pinky. Har har har...
But for real... nice skins. You could use some shadow where the hair falls on the face, though. Also a bit for the eyepatch and Humbug's goggles... And Mento's visor was mentioned. Other than that, great job. Styge does look rad.

PS: Where did you get those wonderful fonts? Specifically Styge and Humbug. You didn't... make them, did you?

The Pwime

Wow, Styge is awesome.  I've got the Ghost Rider comic where he gets his eye ripped out...and having seen him on paper, I can say that your skin DEFINITELY does him justice.  'Tis awesome work.

USAgent

Top notch Blobula!  I love the Hum-bug, he is so lame he is cool, great skin!   Your Tower and Will-O are clean and sharp, and the Rev is the best, I'm gonna have to really research this character so I can get him in the game!

blobula

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 27, 2007, 04:44:45 PM
PS: Where did you get those wonderful fonts? Specifically Styge and Humbug. You didn't... make them, did you?
No, no, I downloaded them at dafont.com.:) The font used for Styge is called "Shaun of the Dead".

Ok, this is something I have been working on the last few days, The Swarm, an enemy of Spider-Man.

Feedback as always is most welcome.

Jakew

dumb question but ... do the bees 'move around' ie is the skin animated?

Xenolith

The animated skin idea is very good and I'd guess could be done fairly easily.  Great skin, Blobula.  You really do a great job.

USAgent

Lookin good Blobula,  another alternative to a animated skin is to give the mesh FX like human torch's fire but make it a more sporatic "bee" look.

blobula

You guys have some very interesting ideas but... how am I supposed to do that ?? It just seems way too complicated for me. :D

UnkoMan

Actually, didn't somebody once make a hex that had him moving all about? Based on the kingdom come Flash mesh or something...

If you could get your skin on that, it would probably be pretty sweet looking. Assuming somebody else knows what the heck I am talking about.

blobula

I didn't had the intention to release it, but some people asked for it. So here it is - Swarm.

Available now at my yahoo group.

doctorchallenger

Quote from: blobula on March 10, 2007, 01:25:02 PM
You guys have some very interesting ideas but... how am I supposed to do that ?? It just seems way too complicated for me. :D

You could use Taskmaster FX by Texas Jack, Ithink its at one of his yahoo groups.  Or you can pick it up in Zuludelta's Wildstorm Cabal pack - its the mesh he used for Hellspont (?) the WildCATS badguy.

Sledgehammer

That bee effect is top notch! Nice work there, the texture of the skin is simply fantastic!

And I'm glad you decided to release it. I can't get enough of these characters, often overlooked, but interesting to play with in FF, anyway.

blobula

Ok, here's another bunch of C-grade characters that nobody else cares about. :lol:

Slyde, the teflon coated bank robber. I'm not sure if I should keep the ears..

Orka the Killer Whale, from Heroes for Hire.

The new Viper, from the new Serpent Squad.

The old Eel, from the new Serpent Squad. :)

Cutthroat, former member of the Skeleton Crew.

More to come..

electro

All of these characters are pure gold - I've been dying for a good orka the Killer Whale skin - Thanks alot :blink:

USAgent

Cool skins!   Slyde is one of my favorite 2nd rate villians, and now I have a great skin for him, but I would loose the ears though. They are all great but I really like Cutthroat and the new Viper.

Xenolith

Its always great to see new Blobula skins.  Nice job.

Carravaggio

SLYDE PUNCH!
These are very well done, and the detail on Viper is so good it hurts my eyes!

tommyboy

Excellent work.
I especially like Eel and the new Viper, but they are all good.

Jakew

Hey, I care about C-grade villains!  :thumbup:

I've actually been looking for these guys (even Slyde!), but I'm particularly stoked about that excellent Cutthroat. I always liked that character for some reason.

Any clues as to what other characters you're working on?

Podmark

Awesome stuff, I especially like Slyde, great work on him.

What hair is that on Will-o-the-wisp and Tower? It would be very useful for me.

blobula

Hey, Slyde is one of my favorite Marvel villains too! A very cool character, but so underused. He's been killed, like, 3 times already. :blink:

As for skins currently in the works, I am currently working on Brother Voodoo, Lorelei, Misty Knight, Black Tarantula, Typeface, Chamber and American Eagle.

Podmark: Look for Ink's Joseph mesh.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone! :thumbup: