• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

evil's skins - TUE idol 23/11/08

Started by the_ultimate_evil, February 18, 2007, 04:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

the_ultimate_evil

well might as well start this new thread, with a something

i'm going to be honest i hate it, but if i keep working on it it will kill me, the colour scheme was a pain in the [expletive deleted] some of the elements of the costume well lets just say i'm not a fan. so i'm washing my hands of it, i had to do a good bit of hexxing to make stuff like the face and gloves work and i'm still not happy :(

another one i can finally cross off my to-do list

one that turned out better than i expected

i started out with the cat and decided to touch up the other two. cant split up the main group

managed to get a hold of a converted version of grens batman so i could work with alphas, so i decided to redo my 3 bat skins and add a fourth

as always any kind of feedback and critique is most welcome

BentonGrey

Man, those are simply excellent.  When did you get so incredibly good TUE?  Ha, I mean, I've always liked your work, but I suppose that I haven't been paying attention, because that is just plain wonderful!  You've got a vibrancy to the colors of your skins that I really like, and I have to say, that is hands down the best Mysterio skin I've seen! 

UnkoMan

I've got to agree. Your highlights really pop, although some of them seem a bit washed out. Light blue/grey Batman's seem a bit too white, to me. Jay's pants have a bit of this, as well.

On the other hand, I love your use of texture. Very effective.

detourne_me

:drool:

man love the textures on jay, alan and sandman!

batman looks plain aweome! and so does hobby

AfghanAnt

You love these characters and it really shows. I love the Tim Burton Bat costume and you did it justice. any chance of see the extremely beautiful Begins costume for Bruce.

AquaSurfer

mysterio looks cool
you can almost see his face

the_ultimate_evil

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 18, 2007, 05:15:00 PM
Man, those are simply excellent.  When did you get so incredibly good TUE?  Ha, I mean, I've always liked your work, but I suppose that I haven't been paying attention, because that is just plain wonderful!  You've got a vibrancy to the colors of your skins that I really like, and I have to say, that is hands down the best Mysterio skin I've seen!  

thanks i really dont think i've got all that better i've just stoped some bad habbits( letting filters and effect do the work for me)thanks for saying so it means i must be doing something right :D. i'm not 100% with mysterio but its mostly personal annoyances with his look than anything major

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 18, 2007, 11:56:44 PM
I've got to agree. Your highlights really pop, although some of them seem a bit washed out. Light blue/grey Batman's seem a bit too white, to me. Jay's pants have a bit of this, as well.

On the other hand, I love your use of texture. Very effective.

i think its the blue on both skins its such a bright colour to begin with, because the grey suit is the smae one from the other two skins with nothing changed.

Quote from: detourne_me on February 19, 2007, 12:07:14 AM
:drool:

man love the textures on jay, alan and sandman!

batman looks plain aweome! and so does hobby

thanks i wasnt sure anyone would notice the textures on jay and alan i wanted it to look real but not over done

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 19, 2007, 08:56:55 AM
You love these characters and it really shows. I love the Tim Burton Bat costume and you did it justice. any chance of see the extremely beautiful Begins costume for Bruce.

possibily but not for a while i managed for varitions on bats in two days i need a break from him ^_^

thanks again folks for taking the time to look and reply to my work

Podmark

Really nice stuff there UE. I'm liking the stubble work you got going on there, and Jay's shirt is nice as well.

UnkoMan

Oh yeah, it is the blue only. That's what I meant. I understand how hard it is to get light color's highlights looking right.

Sledgehammer

Wow! That is indeed a great-looking Mysterio! Sandman is fantastic, too, and I don't remember seeing a skin of him in pure sand form.

Yes, your highlights are fantastic. That's what I love the most of these skins. And I can't think of one skin I don't like from this bunch... Even Hobgoblin looks awesome, in my opinion.

the_ultimate_evil

thanks again guys been working a good lately so hopefully get this out when i can

the_ultimate_evil

i dont think this one will be to everyones taste but i was bored and didnt like my old skin

feedback as always is welcome

Carravaggio

well i love it. i've tried to get that exact look to little avail several times...feedback? whatever you're doing keep doin it! have you thought of putting it on the earth 2 superman mesh? he is a little paunchier than modern age Kal-El, and bizarro always struck me as a lil bulkier than supes in his modern incarnations. maybe add parasite_ren's keyframes for a heavy breathing idle animation so he looks more monsterous and less heroic?
nice work on the varying colours (red/purple etc.) you've made them look like corrupted, dirty versions of each other, not just recolours.
my only real criticism, and this is a personal taste thing, but when it comes to linework like you have done on his face and neck, i prefer it to be a bit less crisp and precise. i'd experiment with lowering the opacity of the dark lines (or both even) to see if i could get a more embossed look and less of a pasted on look.
Nontheless, i hope you get bored more often if this is the result.

Tomato

Eh, This one's pretty good as is, I think. The few things I'm picking out are probably just style more then anything, and if you're lazy you can probably ignore them.

I tend to go in the opposite direction that Carravaggio suggests... I'd leave the shadows as-is, maybe decrease the opacity slightly, and up the highlight for more definition. Other then that though... Maybe make the skin lighter, add more contrast between the end of the sleeves and start of the hands, and darken the shadown under the belt buckle for the plae-yellow version of the belt.

detourne_me

me hate evil's skins, me can wait for decades for a release. me dont want them. me am not astounded at new techniques!

the_ultimate_evil

did some tweeking to the bizarro's, adjusting highlights colours and the textures

now that YL has posted i thought i'd preview a standard i did for his guy gardner reborn mesh, wish i had done a better job, just didnt have the time due to college work

as always feedback of any sort is most welcome

also any suggestions on which character i should try next would be welcome, but nothing to out of left field look at what i've done before if you have suggestion

JKCarrier

Have any of these skins been released yet? Come on, ya big tease, give 'em up!  :lol:

the_ultimate_evil

no :P

i really should get these things organised

BentonGrey

Well, if you'd like suggestions, how about a Hawkman for Tommy's TV version?

UnkoMan

Your texture use continues to delight me. In my gullet.

the_ultimate_evil

finally got my arse in gear and uploaded a bunch of my new skins. on the site you'll find a load of my skins that were lost in the crash along with all the ones currently previewed in my skins thread

http://the.ultimate.evil.googlepages.com/home

Klauser

Sweet skins, as always!!

Unfortunately - in the Batman pack you released, the JLU Toon skin zip is empty.

Must ... have ... great ... skin!!!!!   :banghead: 

Scorpion13mk2

Yeah. I was sad I couldnt get me JLU Batman also.

I do, however, love your Keaton Batman and the Silver Age one too.

Oh, and the SPider-Man pack Very nice work there. Im also happy to see you added in a small eyed Romita/Ditko era Spider-Man. Thats my very favorite look for Spidey and I dont think it gets nearly enough love.  But, as always, you bring us the stuff that everyone loves, but always overlooks.

Kudos, sir. You rock.

the_ultimate_evil

the_ultimate_evil

trying to get my skinning method back after a load of real life style i decided to have a go at doing some of the FR av's

first i chose these cause each gave me a type of character to work with ie mage, villain, tech etc. plus these people have helped me with my skin work, also before some follow the newest trend on fr of jumping in with requests i wont be taking any i have a few more avs in mind but i will pick them

sorry to start like that just something i've been thinking about

anyway

[spoiler]podmark, c6 and premonitioner[/spoiler]

[spoiler]AA, flesheater and jun[/spoiler]

thanks again the jkc and cybersavior for helping with flesheater's skoping. and AA for permission to use his face on his av

this was done for fun any older FR members will remember my av used to wear jeans over his boots

flesheater as been updated with new jeans, better textures and a new mask design

sad to say folk these are for  :ffvstr: as a say a good 90% of my work now will be.

as always feedback of any kind is most welcome

The Pwime

HOLY MOTHER, THAT AFGHAN ANT IS AMAZING!!! :drool:

Seriously, that's my favorite one.  It turned out so beautifully.  Aside from that, Flesheater and Podmark are my next faves.  ^_^

style

Podmark

I'd seen some of the early work for the Pod av, but the final version came out great. Awesome work on all of them UE. Your detail with texture work always astonishes me.

AfghanAnt

I really love the honeycomb texture to my redesign and I love Pod's. He's scary as heck. I will say I think Juan's is a little too close to his current one.

|