• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

evil's skins - TUE idol 23/11/08

Started by the_ultimate_evil, February 18, 2007, 04:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

murs47

those are looking real good, but I'm seriousley digging AA's design....there's a lot of good contrast especially on the head.

wonderful work! :thumbup:

p.s. where did you get that Guy Gardner mesh?

Premonitioner

The premo likes how you reimagined his costume. It's like a unique mix of my classic costume and the current matrix/lude version with your own mix thrown in. Now...if only you had added my old moon motif into my costume...joking, don't hit me!

*ducks*

:P

Carravaggio

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on May 19, 2007, 04:51:54 PM
before some follow the newest trend on fr of jumping in with requests i wont be taking any i have a few more avs in mind but i will pick them
sorry to start like that just something i've been thinking about

You've nothing to be sorry for mate, we have the requests board for a reason. Seems i remember a time, not so long ago when one would make a request in the appropriate board, maybe bump it now and then and wait in the generosity of another FR member. these days people are much more willing to jump in with a request that borders on the rude, and it comes from those who have the most avatars in the first place. people who have eight skins of their character don't really need a ninth...

As for the skins...
They are fantastic, i think it was around the time you were doing those spider-man villains  you just sort of kicked your skinning up a lot of notches, and while it was probably a process for you it seemed like it happened overnight. your seams and linework is solid and crisp (that symbol on podmark looks fantastic i wish i could get my symbols looking that good) and i like the way you used C6's signature as his symbol, thats a nice touch.
the honeycomb texture (one i'm fond of myself for modern characters) gives the heroes coherence, makes them feel like they could be part of the same team, and the colours have an 'Ultimates' feel to them, in that the blacks are dark, leathery blues, juts like hitch draws them (dont know if you'll take that as a compliment or not) and you've managed to retain the characters looks despite being unique reimaginings, AA looks like, well, AA, and same goes for podmark and co.
Little details like the hair on your av's arms and the denim texture on his jeans show great attention to detail. Admittedly in game they wont be so noticable, but the point is that you bothered to do it anyway, cos you wanted the best looking av's you could muster, and you've succeeded admirably.

As always i'll be looking out for whatever you do next.  ^_^

UnkoMan

I've got to agree with everybody. These are really really nice. Great, in fact. A treat for the eyes.

However, since everybody pointed out good things... I'll point out something I'm not actually digging. The honeycomb texture. Don't get me wrong here, it's a decent texture. It's absolutely perfect for, say, AA. In my opinion, though, you way overused it. Now, this is personal taste of course, but every single one of these except Podmark (unless it is hidden on him somewhere) has honeycomb texture. Why? It's just not needed. On C6 it looks alright, but does Flesheater need it? Okay maybe it's some sort of armour, but Juancho?

I don't mean to put down your design choice here, but it's just an irritant of mine. It got really popular after it was in the Spider-Man movie, and then the Superman movie. Ugh.

Besides that though, friggin' sweet. And some solid hex work, too. I love your av's gloves. Such a simple thing but so effective. And, hey, now that you've got a new skin, maybe you'd want to check out some things, hint hint.

Tomato

I really like what you've done with some of these, and it's cool that you're doing avatar skins.

Afghan Ant- It's perfect. Well done.
Podmark- I love the design, and the execution. The only minor thing I would add is to do something more with the eye area... scars, bullet holes, something. It's too understated an area for what could be the centerpoint of the skin.
Juanco- I disagree with AA on this one. It may be a tad close to Juanco's design, but being close isn't nescessarily a bad thing. You took something that was already good and left your mark on it, that's all. The white lines on the belt though, confuse me.
Flesheater- Grah, I have to agree with unko on this... kill the honeycomb texture, at least on the red. It add's nothing to the design, and it borders on being tasteless. Otherwise though... it's  pretty awesome.
Premonitioner- This skin just seems... unbalanced, I think. Too much yellow in some areas, not enough in others. My suggestion would be to add something black (a symbol, a collar, whatever) to the chest to break up the yellow, and some yellow designs or something on the legs to break up the black. Maybe some white edges around the yellow (like how the yellow is on Juanco's vest) to balance the white of his goggles too.
C6- This has so much potential, as a design, but it doesn't quite get there. The blue lines, which I suppose are there to balance the blue gems, aren't really nescessary... but I wouldn't remove them, eithor. If you made them into seems, similar to the lines on premonitioner, I think it'd work out nicer. Maybe add some more red in the middle too, I think.

I really like these skins, and I can't wait to see them released.

juancho

dude!!!!! i loe em all, u know i already told u how much i apriciate whatu  have done, i am loving all this awsoem redesings
really cool looking, AA has to be my favorite (besides LJ of course)

Nymph

My Favorites are AA and Premonitioner just because they look so different from all the other versions i have seen of them.

Revenant

the_ultimate_evil

not much tweaking the av skins and redoing some of my older ones that badly needed done

reworked the face, colour scheme and detailing

changed the texture and messed with aspects still not 100% maybe its the hair

better more chain mail like texture on the armor, and messed with eh detailing on a more "powered up" apperance

my old space ghost redone to fit on the vx space ghost

superman totally redone(nothing from past skins was reused) on the vx superman 2 mesh, i'm extremely happy with the way this came together

same skin transfered to ren's mesh, not totally sold on the hair

after supes had to update luthor,and i've been watch a lot of TAS. used my second suit base( one that wasnt released) redid the shirt and tie and reworked the face to give a more cocky attitude

any feedback is more than welcome

Podmark

For the most part these are really really great looking. I'm especially impressed with AA's face it's very distinctive, I also love the energy coming from Juancho's eyes.

The only thing thats bugging me is Luthor. His grin looks really unnatural. It seems very short and the angle looks really awkward.

detourne_me

i understand what podmar's saying about luthors face,,, i think the eyebrows could use a bit of work as well.

VXSuperman is incredible,  probably one of oyur greatest skins.  space ghost looks soo radical and your new art design is beyond comrepehension!

the_ultimate_evil

Tomato

Nice work man! Absolutely great!

Only things I would add would be to add some minor touchs to both your Renegade and VX version of Supes... on Vx's, you should add a shadow around the meshed hair... it looks kinda... fake without it. The Ren's Superman, as you mentioned, is off but that'd be fixed by just adding a small black brush aroung the edges to bring the hairline forward a bit... it looks like he's going bald, at least in that shot.

lugaru

Man, where did all that come from?!

Great stuff, I've always loved your DC work but that Afghan Ant and LordJay are amazing, Afghan being my favorite out of this bunch.

UnkoMan

Space Ghost looks awesome! I'm so putting him in-game finally.

And I love the "dark" AA look. Juan's texture is also much better.

I will have to agree with the Supermen and Luthor statements, though. But you'll fix those and then it will be solid gold.

AfghanAnt

Great work on my avatar. I'm a really lucky guy with lots of avas to chose from now.

AquaSurfer

whoa dude nice skins ult evil!
i love the skin textures man :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Your work continues to amaze me man, absolutely awesome!

the_ultimate_evil

nothing major, fixed the hair and shadow on the two supes and reworked luthors smirk and eyebrows

murs47

I don't know if I mentioned this but I'm in love with that subtle texture you have going on with a lot of your skins, it gives them a lot depth. Very nice.

Deaths Jester

Looking good Evil.  Wondering though, are ye trying to make Luthor have "wrinkles" in his head? The reason I ask, is that from both pics it seems there's are faint wrinklage on his forehead but their so faint and don't exactly fit with the raised eyebrow/smirk that I can't tell.  If ye are trying for it, I'd say ye need to make 'em less faint and study how the forehead wrinkles when an eyeborw is raised.  The best way that I've found is to sit in front of a mirror and try to recreate the facial expression with ye own face (sometimes ye have to overexaggerate the expression in RL so that it will fit the look ye looking for).

-DJ

the_ultimate_evil

the wrinkles are just a style choice to make the face not the bog standard base skin, its also something I've seen on a lot of artists version of lex, the wrinkles were skinned before i even started to tweak the facial features. thats why there faint just like there permanent rather than due to his expression

the_ultimate_evil

this guy was was meant to be done with the last batch, but i sorta forgot about him :blink:

Podmark

Very very nice. The one thing I'd probably add is actual pouches for the belt through nifskope.

Carravaggio

Cat-man-Awesome! i just read Villains united and secret six a friend loaned me recently, and i found Cat-man to be a great character. I agree with Podmark, some pouches (and even some knives and claws) could be added via Nifskope. which would reduce the Batman-ness of the mesh and make it a bit more unique.
Great work on the colours, they reflect his costume very well.

UnkoMan

I really like Catman's brow. I dunno what it is. Anyhow looks good, of course. I'd add some shadow where the straps hit, though.

XLR8er

whoa dude!
i didn't know ultimate evil can skin!? :o

triviaman

Looks good, everybody looves Catman.
I agree on the pouches and shadows around the straps.
Knives/claws would be a huge +.
Don't know if it's just me or if anything can be done about it but the hears look a little long and pointy very batmanesque

Blkcasanova247

triviaman

|