• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

prev's fx 2.0: let's burn it up...

Started by Previsionary, February 18, 2007, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystik

i also (if you dont mind) would like a chance to play with some of those tgas i got a few fx in the works also

Xenolith

With Taskmaster X's new grappling attacks, that glue beam is going to come in mighty handy.

Previsionary

Quote from: Xenolith on March 03, 2008, 08:22:41 PM
With Taskmaster X's new grappling attacks, that glue beam is going to come in mighty handy.

I doubt I'll be making any changes to it unless I find an end nif I really like, so I can release that one early if ya really want it.

chuckles

I'd love to see it released. And thanks in advance :thumbup:

Revenant

I really like those last two effects.  nice work!

Previsionary

Minor update today. This next fx (which I plan to do a few alternate takes on when I have time) was made mostly available to you by the great IPS. Go and thank him.

3-claw snikt:

the red droplets represent blood. I noticed while I was testing that the "snikt" doesnt show up with this nif, so I have a few alternatives set up.

*note* Keep in mind, the pics are clickable thumbnails.

Xenolith

I'm convinced my video card is dead, because I can't see any blood drops. 

Previsionary

Quote from: Xenolith on March 21, 2008, 01:27:07 PM
I'm convinced my video card is dead, because I can't see any blood drops. 

that's very odd as they're very prominent in the first picture if you enlarge it (click it)...though, it does blend in with the ground textures. Have you tried kicking this video card and calling it a "mook"?

Xenolith

lol...
are they between logan's legs?  if so, i see them now.

I'll probably call my video card "garbage" and kick it to the curb!

Previsionary

yepperoni with cheese. Most of it is coming out of his back though. I'll probably do a side swipe as well just to have that angle covered for certain animations. Oh, while it's on my mind, I'll probably upload the glue beam tonight or so. I really havent done anything to it since I previewed it so I really doubt I will anytime soon.

chuckles

I am so wanting that glue beam.  :D

NomadX

Really like the Wolverine FX. Oh, and the Gambit stuff.

Previsionary

Just so people know and won't send me pms up the wazoo  ;), when I find time to finish up a few more fx and to actually use most, if not all, of IPS's donations, then I'll zip up everything and release it. It'll be in one big pack if everything goes correctly.

Previsionary

Double post.

I haven't worked on the fx pack because I've been too busy, low on interest for anything FF related, and other stuff. Mostly though, the people I asked to test the fx to be sure they worked or had everything included never got back with me, so I assume they too lost interest or were too busy, heh. Anyway, thanks to herodad, I have 19 to release right now. Who knows when the other 6 or so will show up, but this might hold you over for a bit, heh.

Cyclops 3 pack
Gambit 4 pack
Bishop 2 pack- for the beam, i suggest using core2.nif if you don't want a straight purple attack.
Havok 2 pack- not my favorite, but it'll do.
sentinel 2 pack
Glue 2 pack
Jean 2 pack
Direct 2 pack - Inferno can also be used as an area attack for characters such as Phoenix.

EDIT:

If you're really patient, the big pack may include a "fresh" .dat with everything installed in the default directory.

fresh meaning FFVTTR + EZFX only.

Epimethee

Previsionary

Thanks, epi. I released 19 fx that have just been sitting on my harddrive and I'll release the last 6 or so finished ones later including the large fx pack + dat for those that want it. Now...

*disappears from fxing for [insert number of months here]*

herodad1

Previsionary

No problem.

Here are the final few fx:

Wolverine claws

Bastion Pound

Electric arc

So there you go. Now for those that were patient. Here's the giant 22 fx pack (it's still missing the last 5 or so fx, but those aren't ready for release).

X-men pack- 1.6 MB

This file includes all the fx, all the tgas (I hope), and a dat file you can use for merging purposes.

electro

Always a thrill to have new FX from you Prev :blink:

miguelyanke

XD!!!! THaNK U!!!

Do you have in mind start to do storm fx?

Previsionary

Quote from: miguelyanke on May 16, 2008, 04:56:14 AM
XD!!!! THaNK U!!!

Do you have in mind start to do storm fx?

Quote from: Previsionary on May 14, 2008, 06:42:46 PM
*disappears from fxing for [insert number of months here]*

It's safe to assume "no", heh. Storm, while she may be high on my fave x-men list, isn't a character I can do much with in the fx department. Besides the two fx I made for her 2 or so years back, everything else has been done for her and none of the games I played inspired me to do anything else for her. She's really a character that's covered fairly well even by the built-in fx.

TaskMasterX

Thanks for releasing these, Prev! Time to start updating hero files!

Previsionary

Mmkay, one day I will be able to enjoy my hiatuses!

Anyway, someone was having a bit of an issue with a certain alpha related shield and I decided to be nice and do an update to it. I don't claim it to be good work, but it'll do until someone wants to fx a GQ version.

Anyway, hope you guys (all .2 of you) enjoy: 166 KB

- Note, file comes with two "shield" tgas. One is the original, the other is the lighter/dual colored version.

ETA:

This is none of my work and all the credit goes to IG...but, what's a weather manipulator without the ability to summon direct tornadoes on their foes?

Direct_Tornado= 19 kb

R.O.M

Previsionary

Quote from: R.O.M on September 21, 2008, 01:46:44 AM
:thumbup: thanks prev  :)

No worries. It's been awhile since I've made a completely new texture, so that was fun in an annoying way,

Here's some other X-stuff I've yet to upload:

Phoenix Inferno:

Not all her firebirds need to end in explosions! Also, the pic above shows 2-4 birds at once. Considering XND influenced most these new fx...a spread shot would be most approp.

Iceman icicle:

Figured I could get one more use out of the javelin and this is it. Also, an update, I lost the last few X-fx I was working on, so I guess I'll look into restarting them one day. I still plan on using the last of IPS's awesome tgas...just gotta find time...and nifs I like.

Oh, I guess I should re-release this:

Since it was only available to the public off of "Freedom-Asylum Down?". Eh, I'll upload these one day so everyone can promptly ignore em. :P

R.O.M

Previsionary

K, here's a better pic of the "phoenix_inferno" fx.

As you can probably see, it's smaller than spud's various phoenix fx as I likened it to XND's fx...but it also seems to be forming while in flight and I find that cool. Any thoughts?

Previsionary

MMMkay, no responses. maybe this will do! Since AA released a new psylocke skin, how about a few random fx to go with it? Consider these fx the "X-men Pack 2"...or "Direct attack- the pack". Yes, I did include some random extras since I have the tgas to do so...sue me...not really!

Psionic Blast:

Love Ya:

Illusion Flurry:

Dominance:

Infatuation:

star shower:

Dazed:

Obviously I still need to fine tune them.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Previsionary on September 22, 2008, 02:29:22 PM
MMMkay, no responses. maybe this will do! Since AA released a new psylocke skin, how about a few random fx to go with it? Consider these fx the "X-men Pack 2"...or "Direct attack- the pack". Yes, I did include some random extras since I have the tgas to do so...sue me...not really!

Obviously I still need to fine tune them.

All of the new FXs I've seen from you thus far look great, Prev... Keep them coming. I especially love the ones you create inspired from the XML games.

- CrimsonQuill

Xenolith

Great idea for the tornado.  Can that also be used as a beam (since ffx doesn't like direct that much)?

|