• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

prev's fx 2.0: let's burn it up...

Started by Previsionary, February 18, 2007, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electro

Quote from: Previsionary on March 27, 2007, 05:50:39 PMQuiet, i remember that being requested before. Did you request it last time as well? I'll see what I can do.

Revenant said he was going to make that FX before the FR Forums changed :blink:

quiet

nope I didn't request the vixen fx before, but I was the one that requested the spidey web fx that you did. thanks for that btw.  I tried doing fx before and got lost along the way, so I don't know if the vixen fx could work or not.  I don't want to turn this into a request thread but if you are looking for suggestions, devilray/blackmanta  from bentongrey's dc mod could use a small trident projectile fx that you could probably use the awesome "spudbullet" fx as a base for. thanks again for the spidey fx.

Carravaggio

thats dine man, its just a thought, nothing to worry about. thanks for even looking into it anyway. :) i'm sure we're all more that impressed with what you've already done in FX

Rick Battlemage

Pssssshoooooooom! CRASH! *meteor crashes in premmy's house*

Woooh Premmy the Meteor spell rocks  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Actually, a small trident projectile would be quite useful.  Great looking stuff Prem, I like that Meteor one.

Previsionary

for the moment, you guys can get The blink and meteor fx from here or here.

Let me know if you have any problems and thanks to IPS for the tga usage again. :P

Figure Fan

I love the FX, Prem!

That Blink teleport looks amazing.

AfghanAnt

Can't wait to install the blink fxs. I really love your work.

Previsionary

thanks for the compliments, guys. Meanwhile, I had time today to start something new and here they are:

Trident by Beyonder (using the old tgas):

Trident_fire:

trident_poison:

BatWing

this is good fx for aquaman!!!!! or namor

cmdrkoenig67

Very nice, Prev....The fire trident might work great for Son of Satan and/or other devilish characters too.

Dana :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Very cool Prem, any chance of seeing a tiny version of that?

Previsionary

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 10, 2007, 06:21:48 PM
Very cool Prem, any chance of seeing a tiny version of that?

I may shrink it down later...but I don't know how small Blank Manta's trident is...so yeah. You may be better off skoping it yourself. Anyway, I'm on a small hiatus for the mome, but when I get done with all my busy work, I'll try my hand at the following:

Ironman's double beam (read: repulsor ray)
Paste pot Pete...or trickster fx
Possibly Vixen (depending on if I can find what I'm looking for)
Possibly Havok (because he needs some ffvttr love)
and maybe finish the ff1 version of the blink fx....once i reinstall the game.

BentonGrey

They were just dart sized, something around the length of a batarang would be a good measure.  I'm in no hurry, if you have time to do it when you get back, that'll be great, but if you don't care too, I'll probably just make do with something else.  I'm afraid I don't need to add another project to my pile. ^_^  It's still a great FX, and I think 'ol Arthur will get some use out of it!

Previsionary

Quote from: ips on May 07, 2007, 06:10:31 AM
(snip)
hey prev,

where can i download these?

It's still up on frp (see above post). Or clicky

On that note, I really need to release the shield and the tridents (after i make some more varied fx and alter the size on a few)...I'll get to that...one day. *looks at schedule*

Previsionary

Ok, since I took a very long hiatus, I'm trying to get back into fxing and finish the fx I put on hold...which were quite a few. The thing that got my most immediate attention was the trident pack. It went from a tri-pack to a septuplet pack. Here's some pics:

Mini trident (which i hope works for Black manta...calling Benton to the scene)

Aqua (WIP)

Artic(WIP)

Poison

fire

Normal/Silver

The lightning WIP trident isn't pictured because I forgot about it. Anyway, the WIP ones will hopefully be more...um...visibly different. I was fooled into thinking they were more visibly different when i previewed the nifs in nifviewer. Oh well.

[edit]

Here's the updated elemental based tridents + the lightning trident. Lemme know your thoughts.

Revenant

Ouch!

I like the lightning Trident's FX alot!

BentonGrey

Hey man, I thought that you weren't interested in making a mini-sized one.  That's awesome!  That should work just fine for Black Manta.  I'm sorry I missed this earlier, I actually scanned this page and just didn't notice the mini one.  Thanks again man!

Previsionary

small post: You guys can pick up the trident pack and the old "shield surround" from here:

shield

and

septuplet trident pack

the shield is greatly outdated and uses c6's awesome tga. Expect for the fx to be updated whenever I get around to it (probably when i start modding again). I'll also try to release the shield projectile soonish.

Oh, some other recolor fx:

plasma 2 pack  <---check Benton's (?) thread for more information. FX for GL/sinestro

static shock pack

arcane pack <----a few recolors of the arcane bolt. Check murs thread for more info.

BentonGrey

Thanks man, you're a huge help! :D

BatWing

Previsionary

I wasn't gonna post this here until I finished up more, but early feedback is always good.

Quote from:  prevIn other news, I have 20 or so fx in the works...the majority are xmen related. You may thank crimson and XND for this. Here's a few WIPs that I don't particularly care for:

Leaf uprising:

-This is a test I did in 3ds max and it uses a simple path constraint. After a bit more testing, I hope to have cone/beam animation down...or I'll give up...AGAIN.

Cyclops Cone

-Nothing fancy and I don't really like it. This is for crimson really.

Cyke beam

-simple updated beam. I'm mixed on this one

Bishop Blast

-this is based off of XND. The blue shouldn't be there, but it kinda looks nice.

Bishop Energy Bullet

-The color's off on this and it needs a little size editing. This, too, is based on Bishop's attacks in XND

Million card explosion

-Gambit needs more fx and this is kinda based off of XND and XML1 and 2. I can only do so much with this one, but I kinda like it.

Bastion Pound

-Ironically, I did this before he was revived. Anyway, based on XND with a little creative input on my part.

Kinetic Card Explosion

-alternate version of the million card explosion. Again, I can only do so much with that nif.

Leaf storm video:

-I suppose it'd be good for poison ivy or w/e. What'd she used it for? Dunno. :P

Previsionary

There's quite a few fx I forgot to post here, but fx don't seem to matter to you guys anymore since ya got your shiny skopes. *grumbles* :P

Quote from: prev
Crosspost:

Ok, time for the next batch that are basically done:

Jean Mini bolt:

- Nothing special and it has a pink hitspang ending. Very similar to the cyclops optic shot except I wanted it bigger. No such luck.

[Magneto/Storm] Electric Bolt

- Updated electric bolt. This isnt really based on XND, but I recall seeing something like this in XML1 or 2.

Phoenix Inferno

- Direct attack and a slightly larger version of an fx I grabbed from FFVTTR. It looks nothing like the XND version, but that'd require a new nif or for me to play around with the ff1 direct fire attack on fxforce. This looks better.

Gambit card

- Black jack's card made to fit gambit. It has another version that ends in an explosion, but I didn't take a picture.

Optic Shot/Bullet

- Finally a new optic bullet that doesn't look like all the other versions. I really like the way it came out minus the start nif.

Havok Explosion

-Based on XND but not as big or as pretty. I plan to change the sparks a bit.

So there you go...a few more fx. Up next: Glue beam (if I can finally fix the particle system), Psychic burst, Sentinel charge, and phoenix fireballs. We'll see if any of those come out like I planned.

AND

Quote from: prev
Crosspost:

I forgot I hadn't posted this here so:

Gambit card explosion

-this is the alternate ending for the gambit card. Not the ending I wanted, but it works.

Jean Mini bolt (upgrade)

-the bolt is bigger and I added the ending. Nothing special.

Glue beam

- I don't really like this fx or the nif, but someone requested it a long time ago and I finally finished it up. I want to say Carravagio or Xenolith requested it for Trapster.

Havok Explosion

-minor update though I'm still toying with it.

(sidenote: all these pics are clickable meaning a bigger image hides behind most of them)

murs47

Havok Explosion and Phoenix Inferno look great.

Of all the powers you could create an fx for, you decide to do a glue beam.  :lol:

I love it!

Previsionary

No worries, IPS. I was gonna look for it later and pm you back (I didn't forget), but I kinda put it on the backburner until I had time to actively search for it.

Sir murs, the glue beam nearly killed me with how much trouble it actually took to produce a simple effect and I realized that there was nothing, that I could think of, to really simulate the stickiness of the glue ending wise so I had to just use what I had. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind if Xenolith didn't request it...kinda like the double pulse beam for Ironman wouldn't have crossed my mind if carra didn't mention it (which I'm periodically working on when I need to release stress). I could have forgotten both of these existed if I didn't keep a fx list and folder on my desktop... ^_^

Xenolith

'Twas me that requested the glue beam, and thank you very much for creating it.  Now the Trapster can really...stick it to 'em...(he didn't say that, did he?)  mwua-ha-ha   :lol:

HumanTon

I'd also like to say thanks for the glue beam. I've been looking for a proper effect for Trapster and Zemo since FF1!

Previsionary

Thanks for the replies, peeps. HT, I still don't think my gluebeam is all that proper until I find an ending worthy of glue, but it's a step.

Anyway, some more:

Jean's Psychic Burst

- I have to shrink it a bit, but it'll do. I was just tired of the invisible bolt/default fx for Jean, so she got a new simple mental *head* bolt to use.

Sentinal Charge/Ion ball (2 versions)

- One version has the lightning poking out of it, the other has lightning revolving around it. It's a nice alternative to the beams, gases, cables, etc. that sentinels are usually shown using.

So with these 3, I can tell you that I have exactly 3 or 4 more fx to do before I go on another long hiatus. That may be expanded thanks to IPS and his gracious donation of some tgas, so I hope I can put them to use and release a giant xmen fx pack totaling around 20+ individual fx (some fx have alternate versions mind you). Some of you may be thinking, "but Prev, there's nothing for us DC users," well...um...that's true. All those came earlier. A certain person named Benton already burned through that quota. :P Anyway, feed back is always welcomed.

Sidenote: Again, if people have some suggestions for fx they want to see, don't go crazy, then post them as I regularly browse for ideas (interest system is always in effect). Just know that I work in bursts and that the fx you request may be done at some random interval...I like to surprise people. :P

Lunarman

Previsionary

Quote from: ips on March 01, 2008, 07:39:07 PM
hey prev

great looking fx. the lightning ball looks amazing. are you using 3R nifs? i'm hoping so, so that they will emit light like the other 3r nifs... and they won't have timing issues etc. anyhow they look really hot.

hope u can use the tgas... sorry i couldn't provide nifs. i can't boot my pc up at all - so that means no nifs. i'm lucky i found copies of the textures on my mac!

lookin forward to the new fx. =)

Yessir, I am using ffvttr nifs exclusively at the moment as they look much better than the ff1 counterparts. I did find a use for 2 of your wolverine related tgas and I'll test it some time this week. Your psylocke tga will be a little tougher. There's a few direct attacks I can use it for that don't particularly fit Psylocke at all, but I don't think I can pull off a projectile without grabbing a ff1 nif. :S

|