• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

VPMAX: Ferrigno as Hulk?

Started by crimsonquill, January 30, 2007, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

UPDATE: 6-26-2008

VPMAXv1.4 is FINALLY released.. It features 21 new voices (not counting the generic versions of some characters) which include the DC packs available from Sledgehammer before we both were swamped by life. And it's fully functional for FFX 3.2!

Updated: Black Panther, Male Royalty (Generic Black Panther), Blade, Captain America, Colossus MUA, Male Russian Armored (Generic Colossus MUA), Daredevil, Male Stealthy (Generic Daredevil), Deadpool MUA, Male Crazy (Generic Deadpool MUA), Doctor Strange, Male Sorcerer* (Generic Doctor Strange), Elektra, Female Assassin (Generic Elektra), Ghost Rider, Male Spooky (Generic Ghost Rider), Human Torch, Male Firey Hero* (Generic Human Torch), Iceman MUA, Male Teenager (Generic Iceman MUA), Invisible Woman, Female Hero (Generic Invisible Woman), Luke Cage, Male Bodyguard (Generic Bodyguard), Nick Fury, Spider-Man, Male Rookie Hero (Generic Spider-Man), Spider-Woman, Aquaman, Male Atlantian (Generic Aquaman), Batman, Male Intimidating* (Generic Batman), Huntress, Female Muscle (Generic Huntress), Superman, Male Caped Hero (Generic Superman), Wonder Woman, Female Amazon (Generic Wonder Woman).

You can download VPMAX here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/125224374/VPMAXv14.rar.html

Meanwhile, the previous versions are here

http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/vpmaxv1.7z
http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/vpmaxv11.rar
http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/VPMAX12.part1.rar
http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/VPMAX12.part2.rar
http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/VPMAX12.part3.rar
http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/VPMAX13.rar

(Thanks to Catwhowalksbyhimself for hosting the files)

Please install them in order from v1 to v1.3 (1.2 is in three parts so winrar would be needed to merge them)

Enjoy!

- CrimsonQuill

jmoser

Wow, that was fast!  Thanks, CrimsonQuill!

electro

You saved the Day Crimson :blink:

lugaru

BTW havent gotten to do much testing so far... so all I've got to say are good things. I'll try hard to find a fault but in the meantime its so fun!

detourne_me

Great Voices Crimson and Sledge!  they really give the game a nice feel, especially hearing the XML voices... can't wait for MUA ;)

cosmos123

hey i have these files however the problem is that when i installed ffx 3.2 i backed up everything but i seem to forget to back up the lang files, like strings and speech txt. i have the .dats backup i believe. Can anyone provide me with those files please? okay thanx

galactapuss

Thanks! I just discovered the voice mods just now, does anyone have links to the other releases?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quotehey i have these files however the problem is that when i installed ffx 3.2 i backed up everything but i seem to forget to back up the lang files, like strings and speech txt. i have the .dats backup i believe. Can anyone provide me with those files please? okay thanx

Why?  You still have them.  They are in the installer, and 1.3 is fully 3.2 compatible.  Just reinstall it, or install 1.3 if you only have 1.2.

lugaru

Ok:

So far I've noticed 3 things

1) Some voices are redundant, for example voice of deadpool is the same as voice of merc with a mouth or voice of colossus is the same as voice of russian strong man

2) The voices appear in game as custom characters. Havent messed with that of course but I've seen them listed.

3) Some voices are so low they can barely be heard. Well, I do play and listen to music on super low volume too but that would be some major contrast.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote1) Some voices are redundant, for example voice of deadpool is the same as voice of merc with a mouth or voice of colossus is the same as voice of russian strong man
I believe it was set up that way on purpose.  The generic version have the character-specific quotes removes so they can be used for other characters.  It take up any more space, really, so it makes sense to me.

Quote2) The voices appear in game as custom characters. Havent messed with that of course but I've seen them listed.
Can't be helped.  The way the voicepack system works, it has to be set up that way.

crimsonquill

Quote from: lugaru on February 02, 2007, 04:02:38 PM
1) Some voices are redundant, for example voice of deadpool is the same as voice of merc with a mouth or voice of colossus is the same as voice of russian strong man

Like Cat said above.. Sledge decided it was easy to create voices so that two versions could be made depending on how you added them to your voice text file - the full character and a generic version for any hero. I chose to use both in my VPMAX system because it just expands the amount of voices that my pack adds and it doesn't take up any more space. The down side is that your "Colossus" character would sound the same as your "The Russian" character.

Quote2) The voices appear in game as custom characters. Havent messed with that of course but I've seen them listed.

Unfortunitly I must create a character in FFEdit called Voice_Of_? as well as a template of the same name. This allows FFvsT3R to recognize the voice and make it available in the Voice pull-down menu in the character creation area. These "false characters" are just something we have to live with and thus why I name them "Voice_Of_?" to avoid confusion with your own character list.

Quote3) Some voices are so low they can barely be heard. Well, I do play and listen to music on super low volume too but that would be some major contrast.

That's kind of a problem with so many voice packs made by different people using various techniques. Sledgehammer gets his samples from converting the actual sound files from the XML games and I'll be doing the same for my samples from MUA. Others made them using a microphone or recording from an external source using DVD/VCR hook-ups to their sound card. Matching the same sound levels for the built-in FFvsT3R voices can be a real nightmare and too many packs have been made for me to "normalize" all of the files at the perfect pitch.

However Sledge and I plan to keep making new voice packs since we can't skin or make meshes.. so we hope to create a rather huge library of material for everyone to choose from as long as the FF community exisits.

- CrimsonQuill

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: lugaru on February 02, 2007, 04:02:38 PM2) The voices appear in game as custom characters. Havent messed with that of course but I've seen them listed.

Having not played with making changes in  :ffvstr:, making a template ended up being completely necessary?  Does anyone know what change in the game made that a requirement to get a voice available, rather than just an addition in the character.dat?  I'm sure this has all been covered in the past, it just continues to surprise me that some of the changes made between the versions are both counter-intuitive and seemingly a step backwards.  Is it just me, or does that new engine seem to be less & less elegant as time goes on?  (it's probably just me  :P)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Templates are necessary in both games.  Can't be avoided.

JKCarrier

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on February 03, 2007, 12:01:27 AM
Templates are necessary in both games.  Can't be avoided.

I think what Lugaru is talking about is that in the orignal FF, you only had to make a template, and not a character. So your voice packs didn't show up on your character list in-game. 3rd Reich voice packs need both a template and a character -- not a huge problem, but kind of annoying.

Epimethee

IIRC, in FF1, you could make a character without making a template; it wouldn't then appear in the in-game lists of characters. However that doesn't work in FFvsTTR; you need to create a template – however you can give it the template attribute 'mock' to prevent it from appearing in-game.

Dreaded Porcupine

I need your previous paks. I reinstalled FFX 3.1 due to all the bugs in FFX 3.2 and it overwrote the files.

Epimethee

Dreaded, the files with the extension .old in your FFX 3.2 folders are backups of your pre-3.2 install. If you reinstall FFX 3.0/3.1 over 3.2 and replace the default files with your .old ones (language files will need to be regenarated using FFEdit), you should be OK. Do make a backup first, though.

By the way, if someone wants to send me the VPMax files (PM first), I could try to update the FFX installer to make future versions of FFX compatible with it out of the box. Thanks.

Dreaded Porcupine

Quote from: Epimethee on February 03, 2007, 04:46:54 PM
Dreaded, the files with the extension .old in your FFX 3.2 folders are backups of your pre-3.2 install. If you reinstall FFX 3.0/3.1 over 3.2 and replace the default files with your .old ones (language files will need to be regenarated using FFEdit), you should be OK. Do make a backup first, though.

By the way, if someone wants to send me the VPMax files (PM first), I could try to update the FFX installer to make future versions of FFX compatible with it out of the box. Thanks.

Thanks. I'll try that.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm uploading the latest version now.  It should be up in about five minutes or so here:

http://libertybay.freedomforceforever.com/VPMAX13.rar

Sledgehammer

Well, first of all, thanks to Crimson for creating a VPMAX patch that is entirely dedicated to my VPs. Makes you feel rather important... :)

Secondly, thanks for the kind words. Personally, I enjoy creating packs, and I will continue to do so. But it's always good that the community is appreciating your work. It always encourages me to keep doing this.

And about Lugaru's questions, I think Cat and Crimson answered them quite well. Nevertheless, I'll try to clear up some points:

1) I decided to create both specific and generic packs for each individual because the community (or at least, a good part of it) loves generic characters. If Colossus or Deadpool only are provided with a text file that includes direct references to them (for example, Deadpool refers to himself as "the merc with a mouth" in a file), many people won't be able to use the voicepack, even though the voice itself may be useful to them. So, this is some way I think benefits all of us: the Mainstream fans (including me), and the Generic fans.

3) As Crimson said, every VP creator has its style, and the volume of the voicepacks may differ from one creator to another. I am especially obsessive with this subject, as the "polishing" part of the sound files (i.e., normalizing them, adding fade in/out, eliminating useless stuff, correcting minor details) is the one that demands more time. I personally test my packs and I think their volume is quite comparable with the FF originals. I know this was meant as positive and constructive criticism, so I don't want to sound rude or anything... but I guess it's a little less than impossible to normalize all the voicepacks that are available, considering they are from 20+ different creators.

If there is a particular problem with the sound of one of my voicepacks, please, say so (And I'm not speaking only to Lugaru). I'm open to criticism, because that's the only way you can improve your work.

detourne_me

Really enjoying these voices, especially the XML ones.... only one request though... crack into MUA! and if possible Justice League Heroes!

Thanks again guys! I appreciate the hard work.

Sledgehammer

Quote from: detourne_me on February 04, 2007, 08:44:27 AM
only one request though... crack into MUA! and if possible Justice League Heroes!

One out of two, at least for now. MUA is a great VP source and its extraction is very similar to XML. JLH, on the other hand, not yet. I only can extract sounds from the cutscenes, but I can't open the in-game sound files yet. Once/If that's achieved, they'll be turned into VPs.

BentonGrey

Hey Sledge, love your work man.  I hope that you can crack open JLH, as they've got Hal Jordan, and he doesn't have more than one line in JLU.  Ohh, and CQ, were your voice ID's listed in the master Voice ID list?  If not, we might have some conflicts between my packs and yours we need to work out.

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 04, 2007, 10:26:51 AM
Ohh, and CQ, were your voice ID's listed in the master Voice ID list?  If not, we might have some conflicts between my packs and yours we need to work out.

Unfortunitly, Sledge's stuff is not listed on the Master List yet... I think all of mine that are done thus far are listed but I changed many voice IDs of existing packs to avoid conflicts (and yet some voices will not work at all once I added them) with all those in previous collections and Mods. Benton, I'll work out the conflict bugs when I add your voices to my VPMAX collection for v2.0 so don't panic about that.. just keep working on your packs and I'll wedge them in.

- CrimsonQuill

BentonGrey

Thanks, CQ, but do me a favor and let me know Sledge's IDs so I can fix my new packs ahead of time ;)

crimsonquill

Quote from: detourne_me on February 04, 2007, 08:44:27 AM
Really enjoying these voices, especially the XML ones.... only one request though... crack into MUA!

I'm just now starting to convert and sort out my extractions from MUA, so I'll planning on having a special VPMAXv1.4 edition which will add the heroes of that game. Last night I was working on Black Panther until I got too tired to focus. My stuff will be nowhere near Sledge's work but it should allow him to focus on XML without being distracted from tons of requests now that the community knows we both are making packs from MUA.

- CrimsonQuill

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 04, 2007, 12:20:30 PM
Thanks, CQ, but do me a favor and let me know Sledge's IDs so I can fix my new packs ahead of time ;)

Actually, that's easy.. YA to YS are used thus far for his XML files.. and I'll post a whole list of my voice IDs if you want so that everyone can debug their own voice text files if some errors are popping up.

- CrimsonQuill

BentonGrey

Thanks CQ, I'll stay away from the Y's then.  Please do post a list, that way we can work together, and it will save you having to go behind me to make sure there are no conflicts ^_^

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 04, 2007, 01:21:42 PM
Please do post a list, that way we can work together, and it will save you having to go behind me to make sure there are no conflicts ^_^

Ok, Here is a complete list of ALL of my Voice IDs:

[spoiler]

• 1A - Male Necromancer
    1B - Male Aussie
    1C - Male Sgt
    1D - Anthony
    1E - Male Big Stupid
    1F - Male German Muscle
    1G - Male Menacing *
    1G - Golem *
    1H - Frankenstein's Monster
    1I - Magma Man
    1J - Male Ghost
    1K - Male Highlander
    1L - Male Greaseball
    1M - Skeleton
    1N - Werewolf
    1O - Male Hero
    1P - Green Lantern
    1Q - Male Alien
    1R - Shazam
    1S - Flash
    1T - Dr. Fate
    1U - Plasticman
    1V - Batman
    1W - Male Intimidating
    1X - Army Ant
    1Y - Male Muscle
    1Z - Male German Fencer
    2A - Female Thief
    2B - Male Russian Muscle
    2C - Male Leader
    2D - Male Cajun
    2E - Male Prankster
    2F - Male Armor
    4D - Dr. Who (4th)
    A1 - Shocker
    A2 - Vulture
    A3 - Scorpion
    A4 - Green Goblin
    A5 - Male Robot
    A6 - Male Plastidrone
    A7 - Male Sorcerer
    A8 - Merc With Mouth
    A9 - Snakeman
    AI - Giger Alien
    AJ - Predator
    BM - Male Knifer
    BN - Female Irish
    BR - The Brain
    C1 - Clockwork Man
    C2 - Carnage
    CA - Cate Archer
    CP - Male Pirate
    CR - Male Crusader
    CS - Male Exorcist
    DB - Male Godfather
    DG - Dragon
    DK - Dalek
    DR - Doctor Manbot
    EH - Male English Hooligan
    EQ - Male Esquire
    EW - Male Merc
    F2 - Female Gruff
    F3 - Female British
    F4 - Female Jester
    F5 - Female Philosopher
    F6 - Female Tease
    FA - Female Practical
    FB - Female Sweedish
    FC - Female Psychotic
    FD - Female Shifty
    FG - Female Gothic
    FI - Female Arrogant
    FK - Female Adventurer
    FL - Female Easygoing
    FN - Female Neutral
    FP - Female Prim
    FV - Female Vampire
    FY - Female Mystic
    G0 - Male Galactic Devourer
    GA - Female Berzerker
    GD - Female Russian
    GL - Male Ranking Soldier
    GN - Female Survivalist
    GV - Male Villian Generic
    H1 - Male Vampire Hunter
    H2 - Male Superhero
    HB - Female Warrior
    HF - Male Fiery Hero
    HU - Hulk
    HW - Male Highwayman
    I1 - Insane Child
    IW - Male Cool Dude
    J1 - Monster
    JJ - Martain Manhunter
    JK - Joker
    K1 - Billy Batson
    K9 - K-9
    KS - Male Biker
    LD - Male Living Dead
    LR - Male Surfer
    M2 - Male British
    M3 - Male Druid
    M5 - Male Southern
    M6 - Male Rogue
    M7 - Male Goo
    M8 - Male Doc Astounding
    M9 - Male Tank Commander
    MA - Female Valiant
    MD - Male Psycho
    MH - Male Hitman
    MI - Male Mage *
    MI - Male Warrior *
    MK - Male Assassin
    MN - Male Deadpan
    NY - Male New York
    NZ - Male Nazi
    OB - Male Scottsman
    OK - Orcy Voice
    PL - Palerider
    PU - Canadian Brawler
    QD - Male Time Master
    QS - Quicksilver Classic
    R1 - Robot 3
    RF - Male Android *
    RF - Female Robotic *
    RM - Male Regular
    RN - Male Redneck
    RR - Male Goon
    RT - Robotman
    RU - Robot 2 *
    RU - Male Russian *
    SD - Male Sewer Dweller
    SE - Male Deep Voice
    SG - Male Scary
    SP - Female Cheery
    TF - Male Tuff
    TT - The Thing
    TL - Troll Creature
    T1 - Male Thug
    V1 - Male Sinister
    VE - Male Very Evil
    VH - Male Armored Judge
    VL - Male Vampire Lord
    VM - Venom
    YA - Wolverine
    YB - Pyro
    YC - Scarlet Witch
    YD - Cannonball
    YE - Professor X
    YF - Deadpool
    YG - Toad
    YH - Cable
    YI - X-Man
    YJ - Rogue
    YK - Cyclops
    YL - Storm
    YM - Gambit
    YN - Juggernaut
    YO - Iceman
    YP - Nightcrawler
    YQ - Colossus
    YR - Sabretooth
    YS - Iron Man
    WC - Wanda Classic
    WO - Wolf
    WS - Male Knight
    ZB - Zombie
    ZY - Samual L. Jackson
    ZZ - Male Brit Punk
[/spoiler]

And it would figure that as I made the above list I found 8 errors (*) which will be fixed in v1.4.  :doh:

- CrimsonQuill