• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

1....2....3! (The Wrestling thread)

Started by GhostMachine, January 30, 2007, 09:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toxic_J

GhostMachine

It gets worse. I got this from another board, and if you know Wade Keller he usually makes sure he gets his facts straight before releasing anything:

Keller's Audio Update

-He said it is being reported he suffocated his wife and son, perhaps a day apart. And then hung himself. Late Sunday night, he sent a strange text message to a person within the WWE. The police broke into the house at 2:30 pm today and found them in separate rooms.

-Vince called all the wrestlers backstage this afternoon for an emergency meeting. Wrestler were already bawling and crying. A longtime WWE wrestler said it was the most emotional state he's ever seen the wrestlers.

-There was a really uneasy feeling Sunday. Everybody felt something was wrong.

-One wrestler said "It was bound to happen". There was a strong suspicion backstage that Benoit did this right away. There was also a suspicion that Nancy had done it. They had a volatile relationship and everyone knew it.

-Hardly anybody backstage really knew Benoit. He had a very small inner circle that one time included Eddy Guerrero and recently included Chavo Guerrero. But even they had a certain psychological distance from Benoit. Everyone could tell that something wasn't right lately with Benoit.

-He said that he was a very nice and pleasant person to be around, but a person close to Benoit said that Chris had "snap potential".

-A lot of steroids were found in the Benoit household, and Benoit has had bouts with "roid rages". WWE may suffer publicly because of their unenforced "Wellness Policy".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I should mention here that at another board I go to, someone said Keller later added that the person who received the strange text message from Benoit was, in fact, Chavo Guerrero and the current plan is apparently not to do anymore tributes to Benoit (I assume that means ECW and Smackdown will go on as usual rather than them being tribute shows like RAW was, not that they won't be doing the usual picture with birth and death dates opening they do when someone dies). The only good news out of all this is that it looks like they're also dropping the incredibly stupid Mr. McMahon angle, too.

If Keller's information is true, I'm going to be sick if the mods at the other board I mentioned don't put a stop to the RIP Benoit sigs and banners, because they should be RIH Benoit sigs and banners if its true.

DMenacer

Thats was a low blow and not needed. Whether its suicide, murder or a murder that only looks like a suicide is up to the Police to figure out. Whether he rests in peace or in hell is up to God to decide, not us. He was a good person and did do some good things in his life that he needs to be remembered for.

gdaybloke

the_ultimate_evil

this is just wow i dont know what to think i'm torn

GhostMachine

Apparently just about all mention of Benoit has been removed from the WWE's website, beyond anything on the front page. All of his merchandise is unavailable for purchase on Shopzone, and they've even gone so far to remove any mention of him that the Wrestlemania XX main event description now reads "Triple H defends his title against Shawn Michaels". However, it looks like there is a now a TON of Benoit items for sale on eBay (not put on there by the WWE, mind you), according to someone at another board I visit.

And, DMenacer, its NOT a low blow. Just about every reputable source is saying that it was a case of murder-suicide and the only site I can think of that isn't is about as believable as the Weekly World News. It would be disrespectful to Daniel and Nancy (aka Woman) to put up anything in memory of Benoit under the circumstances, if you think about it. In case you haven't been reading up on it, one of the people he killed was his own 7 year old son, which makes the whole thing even more horrible.

Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers, but I do not think I'll ever be able to watch any of his matches again without being disgusted......

thanoson

I'm not disgusted, but I understand how you feel GM. I too was a fan. This is just horrible. But, we don't know what set him off. Not saying it was justified, just his mental state was skewed at the time, I guess. It really is tragic.

MJB

I don't watch wrestling any more. I haven't watched it for years. Ms_MJB and and even banned it from being watched by the children because of how "mature" the WWE was getting.

At any time before today if you had asked me what my favorite matches were I would have surely listed a few by Benoit. He was by far one of my favorite WCW alums.

After hearing the details they have released concerning what happened to his family I no longer want to think of him in any kind of positive light. Heck the thought that the kids still have 3 Benoit action figures makes me sick.

I don't want this to turn into some big discussion or flame war. These are my opinions.

-MJB

Mr. Hamrick

I said I was not going to open my mouth about this any more than I have.  I've been bombarded by a lot of information over the past day and a half or so about this case.  Some of it before it came out to the media and the public.  I've had to be the one to notify a couple of close friends of both Chris's and Nancy's.  I've offered myself to be a sympathic ear to a few other of Chris's friends.  This matter has sickened me on a level that a lot of you here will not be able to understand.

I've read the posts here. Particularly yours, GM.  I understand your anger and disgust.  However, I do not agree with a certain part of your analysis of the situation.

To me, the wrestler known as Chris Benoit died June 19th, 2007.  His last match was against Elijah Burke and was broadcast on the Sci-Fi channel.  Chris Benoit, the wrestler, will be remember for numerous great matches that he had over the length of his career.

The private individual Chris Benoit went home after that show and, through some turn of events that I doubt the public will ever be aware of, he killed his family then himself.  Over the hours since the bodies were found and in the days and weeks ahead, a lot has come out and will continue to come out.  However, we will not know what truly happened.  We will not what happened inside their home in the past week.  We will not know what was going through his mind the past months or even years.   I'm fine with this.  There is a lot that I wish I did not already know.

One thing I have learned about the pro-wrestling business over the years is that the professional career and the personal life of the character are often separate things.  However, it's hard to separate something so heinous from what was a respectable and legendary career.  I hope in time that fan will be able to do that.  I hope fans will be able to look by at his career instead of his downfall. 

So yeah, RIP Chris Benoit the wrestler.  RIP Nancy "Woman" Daus.  RIP Daniel Benoit.

As for Chris Benoit the man.  Knowing your beliefs, your actions have left me sick.  It is disgusting that you've left such a black mark on your respectable career and that you've taken the lives of your family. 

I hope we as fans are stronger than you and can look back someday on the good parts of your career instead of the negative way it ended.

billdamn22

I have to agree with Mr Hamrick on this point. As an avid fan of wrestling for years, one of my all time favorites to watch was Chris Benoit. He put everything he had into his matches and hardly ever disappointed the fans. What has happened infuriates and disgusts me, but I can't just forget all the memorable years that Benoit has entertained me with his skill and prowess in the ring. Neither should the WWE. Though I understand why they are.
What he has done in his personal life is a mystery to me. Why he did what he did, I will never know. Do I consider the wrestler the same person that just murdered his wife and kid? No. As fans of wrestling, we tend to confuse the characters for the people they are in their everyday life. The characters are what we find ourselves becoming fans of, not the person. You can be a fan of Kane, The Big Red Machine, but are you a fan of Glenn Jacobs? There is the difference. Does the average fan even know anything about him?
My thoughts and prayers go out to the extended families on both sides of this tragedy. I am a fan of Chris Benoit, the wrestler not the man. I will miss watching him perform. I hate Chris Benoit, the man, for making me try to explain this to my 8 year old son. I hate how this man could take the life of a child.
RIP....Nancy
RIP....Daniel
RIP....the legend that was "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

Qwazy

I just foudn this on another site, thought id post it here aswell

QuoteSource: Pwinsider (Wrestling site) & FoxNews The Fox News Network reported a chilling twist to the Benoit tragedy this afternoon, noting that an Chris Benoit profile entry on the wikipedia website was changed to note that he missed the WWE Vengeance PPV, "due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy" 14 hours before the Benoit family was found dead. The IP was traced to a (so far) anonymous user originating in Stamford, CT, which of course is the headquarters of World Wrestling Entertainment. wikipedia volunteer coordinator Cary Bass contacted the Fayetteville police department in regard to the posting. "I chat with other editors on IRC -- Internet relay chat -- and somebody pointed it out to me on a relay chat and that it came from a Stamford connection, and that it took place at midnight Eastern Standard Time on Monday morning," said Bass. "I called and left a message with the police department." It should be noted that with wikipedia, anyone can edit entries on the online encylopedia, which often leads to misinformation on topics and personalities. However, wikipedia tracks IPs, time and exactly what was written on the website, so this wouldn't have been a case of a hoax created afer the fact. Given the timing of the Benoit tragedy, obviously, authorities will be seeking to track down whoever made that change.

This *could* change the entire face of the investigation, while the chances aren't huge, perhaps this can shed new light to the case. I mean it was from Stamford Connecticut and this was posted 14 hours before the bodies were found. I still do not believe Benoit would have done this to his family.

in short, the death of nancy benoit was posted before she was actually found - and it wasnt from anywhere near were Chris Benoit was.

zuludelta

Well, apparently the whole Wikipedia thing (wherein news of Nancy's death was reported in her Wiki entry hours before her body was found) has been confirmed as just one unfortunate (and downright creepy) coincidence (read the article here). Investigators tracked down the location of the person who edited the entry and the anonymous editor issued a full apology, stating that he/she had no knowledge of the deaths as they were happening, and only posted the news of Nancy's death as a prank.

The funny/sad thing about this is that no major news outlets are reporting this (especially not FOX News, who broke the whole wiki story), and I'm pretty sure the idea that somebody had known about the Benoit family deaths before the police did will persist as urban myth. 

GhostMachine

Getting off the subject of the Benoit murder-suicide....

Antonio Inoki left New Japan to form his own Inoki Genome Federation (yes, the name sucks), and they held their first show June 29th. One of the matches on the card was Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle. If anyone wants to see that match, shoot me an e-mail.

thanoson

It was a decent match. Wasn't as good as the botched moonsault match from a few years ago, but was decent.

General Jerky

You all probaly know this by now but found this on a site for  anyone who cares
WWE SIGNS CONTROVERSIAL THIRD GENERATION STAR
by Mike Johnson @ 11:59:00 AM on 7/10/2007

World Wrestling Entertainment has signed Teddy Hart to a developmental deal. Hart has already reported to Florida Championship Wrestling in Tampa, Florida.

The controversial but extremely charismatic and talented Hart was the talk of the Internet at various times in recent years for antics in Ring of Honor, TNA, Jersey All Pro Wrestling and MLW, among other promotions.

Hart, 27, is the grandson of Stu Hart and the son of wrestler BJ Annis and Georgia Hart. His cousins Nattie Neidhart and Harry Smith are also under WWE deals and in Florida, as is long-time friend and opponent TJ Wilson.

GhostMachine

So, how long do you think he'll last in developmental before he gets the boot?

*edit* By the way, its also rumored that the WWE is considering bringing back X-Pac, and apparently Maven came out of the closet recently.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: GhostMachine on July 11, 2007, 06:52:10 PM
So, how long do you think he'll last in developmental before he gets the boot?

*edit* By the way, its also rumored that the WWE is considering bringing back X-Pac, and apparently Maven came out of the closet recently.

Actually, I don't think he will be in development long.  This is mainly because I think he and TJ and Harry and Nattie will be brought up as a "New Hart Foundation".  I know there are parties really wanting that including a few names in the previous sentence.

General Jerky

Teddy just needs to be a good boy and not piss anyone off.

Verfall

Edge tore a pec....

Battle Royale on smackdown for the belt....

The winner?

[spoiler]The Great Khali[/spoiler]

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

GhostMachine

Quote from: Verfall on July 17, 2007, 06:26:39 PM
Edge tore a pec....

Battle Royale on smackdown for the belt....

The winner?

[spoiler]The Great Khali[/spoiler]

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

*sigh* Part of me wants to say it could be worse. After all, the winner could have been [spoiler]Mark Henry, and I don't even know if he was in the match or not, as I haven't seen spoilers for the show yet[/spoiler], but I can't.

I guess this means they're even more likely to be jobbing at GAB now.....

Mr. Hamrick

actually, i can't see them leaving the title on him that long.  if for no other reason than who would they work him against.  He can't sell a move hardly.

the_ultimate_evil

bloody hell that title is friggen crused

GhostMachine

By the way, they've changed the match that the winner was supposed to be in at GAB to a 3-way match against [spoiler]Kane[/spoiler] and Batista.

Hopefully, the person in the spoiler will win the match, but I doubt it.

RTTingle

This slipped in under my radar...

... John Kronus passed away on the 18th.

:(

Verfall

GhostMachine

Read the results for the Great American Bash, as well as a few comments by people at a message board I go to and Dave Meltzer's comments on the Cena\Lashley match, and I can't believe the booking!!!

Comments, including a few results spoilers:

[spoiler]The ONLY matches that turned out how I wanted were the Women's and WWE title matches.

The following results are completely idiotic:

The Cruiserweight battle royal was won by.....Hornswoggle, who wasn't even supposed to be in the match. Apparently he came out from under the ring. This makes the cruiserweight title look even more worthless if the win stands.

John Morrison (Johnny Nitro) retained the ECW Title. Why? The new name sucks, and so does the gimmick from what I've heard. This is just another case of the WWE throwing in the fans' faces when they have to know the majority of fans want the belt on CM Punk. Hopefully he will win the title at Summerslam, if not before.

The Bullrope match between Dusty Rhodes and Randy Orton was kept fairly short, and was pretty much a squash. Understandable considering Dusty's age and they're trying to build up Orton again, but there apparently was no blood whatsoever. Bullrope matches are supposed to involve someone bleeding. Hopefully Dusty and\or Cody will get a piece of Resthold Randy on RAW, but I doubt it.

And, worst of all:

KHALI RETAINS!!! Yes, Giant Gonzalez 2007 is still the champ. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since he may actually be the least talented wrestler (and I use the term "wrestler" very loosely here) to set foot in a WWE ring.

And one other comment:

MVP seriously needs a new finisher. He botched his Yakuza Kick, hitting Matt Hardy in the chest instead of the head, then apparently botched his finisher (which completely sucks to begin with) before getting the pin.

I think I've figured it out: since they're using the name of a WCW PPV, they're intentionally booking the GAB to be crap to make most of their other PPVs look better by comparison. Gotta be the only logical explanation. (Not that "logic" or "WWE" belong anywhere in the same paragraph)
[/spoiler]

GhostMachine

TNA has apparently signed, or is trying to sign, Test. The interesting thing is, the WWE can't really stop him from using that name, as he had his name legally changed to Andrew "Test" Martin a long time ago.

And they've also signed Adam "Pacman" Jones!  :blink:

ubergreendragon

Well another well known wrestler has died ...Brian "Crush" Adams was found dead in his home not sure what the cause is yet he was only 44 ... :(

thanoson

Yep, lost a bet too. I was just sure Raven was going to be the next one. Not trying to be a jerk, but it's like a car crash now. I'm very worried about Angle and Raven. Angle more, because he just seems to be so intense all the time. Plus, what's gonna happen when the spotlight is not on him? Raven just seems to go with it. He's probably getting stronger from his "personal demons". Ohh, Jeff Hardy is another possibility on the Dead Man Walking list.

ubergreendragon

As far as taking bets on whos next the trend latley seems to be guys in their mid 40s ....Benoit,Adams,Eddie Guerrero etc... sucks when any of them have to go so early plus when Scott Steiner almost met an untimely end in puerto rico recently its only a matter of time before another one goes to that big wrestling ring in the sky

|