• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

1....2....3! (The Wrestling thread)

Started by GhostMachine, January 30, 2007, 09:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

thanoson

I guess going for a humor angle. We'll see. I feel this will go the way of the Mae Young baby hand angle. Heh, I thought Russo worked for TNA?

ubergreendragon

just read on wwe.com John Cena was injured and will be out a few months and has to surrender the title so there will be a new champ come No Mercy PPV
who could it be??

Marmeille

It should be Randy Orton (fighting Kennedy maybe?), but who knows they'll probably draft Khali to Raw and give him the belt  :banghead:

save_us.222

savior_self

:bunny  :bunny  :bunny

ubergreendragon

well since HHH already has a match with umaga probably wont be him and i dont think Orton/Kennedy would be a good draw for a main event for a PPV since they both heels if anyone should be drafted from SD to Raw for a suprise title match it should be the "dead man"

GhostMachine

If the rumors regarding save_us.222 are correct, I'm going to be extremely happy!

[spoiler]JERICHOHOLIC 4 LIFE!!![/spoiler]

The idea of Orton as champion again makes me ill.

A rumor going around that I hope isn't true is that they're considering moving Umaga to Smackdown and Mark Henry to RAW. I hope its just a rumor.....

the_ultimate_evil

the latest is the whole saviour thing is actually hbk

Marmeille

Well the save_us.222 thing was pointing at a Jericho return but the 8.2.11/savior_self is indeed pointing at HBK or maybe at the "new" Hart Foundation, since it kinda means "HBK save yourself" and the 10th anniversary of the Montreal screwjob is coming, but no matter I'm still hoping for Chirs Jericho to come back, it would be so awesome to have him win the title this sunday. What's really whack though is that those two 15 seconds cryptic videos have more folks buzzing and talking than anything else in pro wrestling right now (hehe).

I'm still thinking Orton will win the WWE title I just don't know who he would fight, unless they draft the Undertaker to Raw, Taker in not booked for No Mercy right? I could see that happening, but not sure I want to see Orton/Taker again... 

thanoson

Orton's a skrull. Err, wait, wrong forum. Hmm... who could Orton fight? I hope Jerico. That entrance would just blow the roof off the house. With Kane and Taker both on Smackdown, one of them needs to leave. Taker hasn't been on Raw's roster for what, 5 years? But, I'm really tired of him. Bring back the dragon summoning leader of the Ministry of Darkness. Make him evil again. Give him a stable to work with again.

GhostMachine

Cena's going to be out 6 months to a year.  :thumbdown:

If they put the title on Orton....  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

According to what I've heard, HBK may not be coming back any time soon, so I doubt the clues in the video point to an HBK return, but it very well could have something to do with the New Hart Foundation.

Heck, for all we know, they could be called Hart Foundation 2.0 and be brought in by Chris Jericho.....

Mr. Hamrick

actually, GM, you could be on to something there.  Jericho did train in the Hart Family Dungeon.  it would make sense that he might bring them in.  However, if I recall, they had wanted Bret to introduce them at one point.  Jim said that he would willing to do it if Bret wasn't available.  It wouldn't surprise me though to see Jericho do it as he is a bigger name.

TJ has been rather mum on the subject.  Until he was introduced as part of the stable in FCW a little over a week ago, he was left with the impression that it was going to be Nattie, Harry, and Teddy.  Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if he is just playing dumb on the subject. 

Then again, TJ and I don't really talk about WWE stuff much usually. 

GhostMachine

I just hope they don't bring them in as heels. They could easily feud with Vince as faces since he's a heel and always will be as far as the Montreal Screwjob is concerned. And according to what I've heard HBK just doesn't want to come back right now because he doesn't need the money and is spending time with his family, so they won't be doing anything with him for a while. Plus, Nattie is too cute to be a heel - and you can tell her I said so!

Mr. Hamrick

i would be shocked to see them brought in as heels as Stephanie is adamantly against them coming in as heels.  She feels that they'd be more over as faces initially. 

and I will be happy to tell TJ and Nattie that you think Nattie is pretty.

Verfall

The fact she came from the Anvil blows my mind. Who'd have thunk Neidhart had genes that great?!

Mr. Hamrick

She gets it from mother.  But believe me, she got a few things from her dad.  She can laugh just like him. 

GhostMachine

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on October 03, 2007, 04:48:51 PM
She gets it from mother.  But believe me, she got a few things from her dad.  She can laugh just like him. 

If they don't bring in the Anvil with them in some role, then they have to let her use that laugh!!

ubergreendragon

Another possibility for the Vacant title match could be Bobby Lashley i know he was injured but he has been gone a while. But all things being as they are im sick of WWE anyways their stories are stale and the action isnt any better but since i dont have cable tv at the moment i cant watch any. TNA will start their 2 hour shows tonight hopefully they will be able to get some more big names to fill in the extra time. And if they bring back the Hart Foundation in any form ill probably puke just another sad attempt to recycle an old concept if thats the case bring back the Horsemen and a 4th version of the N.W.O.  :thumbdown:
mabye ive just been watching wrestling for too long mabye 25 yrs is enough lol

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: ubergreendragon on October 04, 2007, 04:29:46 AM
And if they bring back the Hart Foundation in any form ill probably puke just another sad attempt to recycle an old concept if thats the case bring back the Horsemen and a 4th version of the N.W.O.  :thumbdown:
mabye ive just been watching wrestling for too long mabye 25 yrs is enough lol

I've been watching wrestling for as long as you have and I'm going to go out on a limb and disagree with you here.  Harry, Nattie, and Teddy who they are.  Sure, it'd make more sense if Bret had a kind in the business but he doesn't and I don't believe will.  It'd also make more sense if TJ Wilson was in as part of the stable.  He is currently a part of it down in FCW but no word on if they plan on bringing him up with them.  To represent them as who they are, which is the third generation of The Hart Family to be involved with the business, is not an attempt to recycle an old concept.   

GhostMachine

"ME WANT TITLE MATCH!!"  :lol:

Jericho's new finisher kind of sucks, considering its one of Gregory Helms' moves and Shark Boy has also used it, but not as a finisher.

I hope he still busts out a submission move on occasion but goes back to the Liontamer. The standard Boston Crab (more or less) Walls of Jericho sucked.

BWPS

:( I used to love wrestling so much but I hate John Cena. And that's all it is. The most popular guy wins 99% of the time. So if you actually like a cool wrestler like Edge or someone, you just get to see him get beat despite him being a billion times better character than Cena. I know, it's just a matter of pleasing the majority. But I'd like to at least see some more variety in the champs. I can't stand non-stop John Cena. Does he still win every match?

thanoson

He's off with and injury for at least 5 more months. Randy Orton is champ right now fueding with Jericho. And his new finisher does suck.

BWPS

Wow. That's awesome. It still isn't worth watching over Heroes though!

Marmeille

Quote from: GhostMachine on November 28, 2007, 08:56:54 AM
"ME WANT TITLE MATCH!!"  :lol:

Jericho's new finisher kind of sucks, considering its one of Gregory Helms' moves and Shark Boy has also used it, but not as a finisher.

I hope he still busts out a submission move on occasion but goes back to the Liontamer. The standard Boston Crab (more or less) Walls of Jericho sucked.

From what I understand the Codebreaker (love the name but yeah it's not the greatest finisher) is just one of the new moves Jericho wants to add to his arsenal, I'm pretty sure he'll still use the Lionsault again too and the Walls (or indeed the better looking Liontamer).

His new save_us.222 thights look awesome btw.

I hope he still gets in a mini-feud with Santino Morella while going after Orton's title though, Santino is hilarious as hell, he sure was outstaging Stone Cold a few weeks back which is kinda something.

|