News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Famous Quotes Remixed

Started by Lord Elcorion, December 18, 2010, 12:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elcorion

I think something like this might have been done before, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Object of the game is simple. Think of a famous quote, and remix it in some way. example; "if it ain't broke, don't give it money." the more crazy the remix, the better, and as an added challenge, you have to guess what the origional version of the last person to post's quote was.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/elcorionbattlearmor.gif[/img]"By the Lords of the Arcane!"[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/nanoElcorion.gif[/img]
thanks to everyone who've made me stuff, or included my avatar in something.

ow_tiobe_sb

"Neither a colander nor a blender be..."

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Glitch Girl

Above:
Neither a borrower or lender be.
-----------------------------------

He who hesitates is lunch.

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

daglob

Quote from: Glitch Girl on December 20, 2010, 09:51:39 PM

He who hesitates is lunch.

Now, I've actually that one used exactly the way GG uses it; originally it was He who hesitates is lost.

Some must watch, some must sleep, and others just stand and wait.

Viking

Original quote, from Hamlet...

For some must watch, while some must sleep: so runs the world away.

My mangled quote:

Face: The Spinal Frontier

Glitch Girl

Space: the final frontier
Star Trek (take your pick)
--------------

If at first you don't succeed, reboot before the autosave kicks in.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Viking

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.  Then quit.  There's no point in being a darn fool about it.  --W.C. Fields' adaptation of the original "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" quote.

----------------

Power corrupts.  Absolute power... is kinda fun!

Glitch Girl

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
-John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton
---------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

(I like this one, because it's a mangling of another quote that's reach the point where it's so popular that it gets its own mangling too)
-Glitch Girl

Viking

Quote from: Glitch Girl on December 23, 2010, 04:12:57 PM
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

(I like this one, because it's a mangling of another quote that's reach the point where it's so popular that it gets its own mangling too)

If I recall correctly, that's a Dilbert version of the original "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger," from The Fellowship of the Ring.

--------

That which does not kill us, surely must have missed.

Lord Elcorion

that which does not kill us can only make us stronger. Neitzch ((i think is the spelling.. and to be honest, i was not truely aware that the dragon quote had an origin in Fellowship.. i think it predates dilbert by a fair amount though, i've been using it as a personal fave for close to ten years myself))

close only counts in dwarftossing and fireballs.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/elcorionbattlearmor.gif[/img]"By the Lords of the Arcane!"[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/lordelcorion/nanoElcorion.gif[/img]
thanks to everyone who've made me stuff, or included my avatar in something.

Reepicheep

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Sedimentary, my dear. What stone!

Tawodi Osdi

Elementary, my dear Watson.

___

One if in hand, two if in tree.

docdelorean88

One if by land, two if by see. -Paul Revere(so they say)-

Mangled quote:
"People who dress up like bats shouldn't carry Kryptonite."
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Viking

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

----

A bird in the hand is worth a sanitary wipe to clean off the bird poop.

Tawodi Osdi

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

---

Paint the clown dead.

Reepicheep

Paint the town red

To arr is Pirate

Tawodi Osdi

To err is human

Fleeced to the eights

Viking

Dressed to the nines

-------

Slow and steady gets run over by a car when crossing the road.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Viking on January 02, 2011, 03:21:11 AM
Dressed to the nines

-------

Slow and steady gets run over by a car when crossing the road.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Liquor, liquor everywhere, let's go have a drink.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Tawodi Osdi

Water, water everywhere nor a drop to drink. Coleridge

A blink is as good as grog to a bland cat.

Viking

A wink is as good as a nod to a blind bat.

Rangers in the blight, arranging branches.

Glitch Girl

Strangers in the night, exchanging glances. (song lyric)
-------------------------------------------

(this one is for you, DJ)
"Poto, ergo sum"
I drink, therefore I am.

-Glitch Girl

Tawodi Osdi

"Cogito, ergo sum"
I think therefore I am~Descartes

----

A tofu, you brute and so I diet.

Glitch Girl

Et tu Brute?  Then fall Caesar! - Shakespeare
(okay I'm really not sure about this one, but it seems close.  Feel free to correct me)
----------------------------------------
Any sufficiently advanced technology is guaranteed to need replacing in less than six months.
-Glitch Girl

Viking

I was thinking along those same lines, GG, and similarly uncertain.  The "and so I diet" seems close to suggesting a line including "and so I die," but that doesn't match the Shakespeare.

I believe yours is an adaptation of "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Cross Unlucky Charms!  They're Tragically Malicious!

Glitch Girl

Frosted Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious! - Lucky the Leprechaun
-------------------
Those who misquote George Santayana are condemned to paraphrase him.
-Glitch Girl

Tawodi Osdi

Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.

A trend in Tulsa is a trend Omaha.

Reepicheep

(I think GG's may have been George Santayana's own famous quote "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." But back to Tawodi's.)

Glitch Girl

(Reep would be right)

Guessing here, but is Tawodi's
"A friend in need is a friend indeed"?

-----------------------

Those who live in glass houses should dress in the basement.
-Glitch Girl

Viking

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

---------------------------

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day.  Give a man a sword, and he can chow down on the meaty marrow of evil!