News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

lookalikes

Started by UnfluffyBunny, September 11, 2009, 12:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnfluffyBunny

i've seen ALOT of lookalikes ingame, so I thought we might have a thread to muse on ones we've seen ingame, or post some we've made for ourselves.
here's a few really obvious ones (note these were just made in the designer for fun, not use in game)

and a couple i've managed to grab screenies of
vegeta and nappa (running away, wouldnt stand still, lol)

skeletor

UnfluffyBunny

uh oh double post >_>
some av attempts, hopefully they're not too far off >_>

and stinky it Komm, if you read this, get the damn game already! :P

BentonGrey

Ha, glad you started this UB, I was thinking about doing it myself!  I've seen some great ones already, mostly Hulk and the like, but I've also seen a surprisingly number of Optimus Primes, believe it or not.  There were a few movie versions, but also one rather excellent G1 version.  I was actually impressed.  I don't really know WHY you'd want to play a superhero game as a 6 ft. Optimus that can't transform, but at least it isn't as goofy as the 50 Hulk's running around.  I'm going to have to get quicker with my screenshot finger so I can document some of these guys for posterity. 

By the way, that is an awesome Skeletor.  I almost don't mind people who do such obscure things like that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

detourne_me

Here's my Wolverine lookalike.  I saw a near perfect Flash, and a few great Phoenix/Jean Greys.
I actually wouldn't mind joining an X-men supergroup for poos and giggles.

Xenolith

I saw a dead-on Rogue (green and yellow cosutme with brown jacket) but couldn't get a screen capture.

BentonGrey

I caught just a glimpse of a pretty good Superman yesterday, but he was up, up, and away before I could snap a picture.  Nice Wolverine, DM.  I'm surprised they don't have a better mask for him.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Kommando

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on September 11, 2009, 01:49:46 AM

Bunneh makes Kommando cry, cause works is slow and Komm needs more monehs before getting shiny game...

Carravaggio

Dude even called himself Mr Majestic.

BentonGrey

I finally managed to catch a few on "film":

Hellboy, looking a little short:

And your average Batman:

:EDIT: Ahh!  Found a very nice Vegita:
God Bless

UnfluffyBunny

this was my own attempt at mr magestic

and one I ran into today

GhostMachine

I've only been playing a few days, and I've only seen three look-alikes, but I didn't take pics: Two Hulks (one of which was too light a shade of green, a bit too skinny and packing guns!) and a Batman (colored blue and gray but with the no oval bat logo)

Saw someone who did a bad attempt at a Superman, but it was so badly done I don't consider it a look-alike. (Only realized what he was supposed to be due to the name and color scheme; didn't even have a cape)

UnkoMan

I've seen a ton of Batmen, a few Hulks and one Superman. Quite a few Dragon Ball characters.

I also saw one Tombstone, the same day I had made a Tombstone and was playing with Benton for a while. It had the colours of the promo art (grey/purple) and a skull and crossbones on the cape, but there it was.

Xenolith

I've seen the Hulk several times during close and open beta, and now since the game has launched.  All three times the toons name has been spelled Hullk.  I wonder if it's the same guy?

detourne_me

This guy started up a chat with me about the wonders of the character creator.

Courtnall6

I haven't taken any pics of them but I've seen...

Superman
Batman
Hulk
Spider-Man
She-Hulk
Power Rangers (mostly the pink one)
Dragonball Z galore
The Shadow
The Spirit
Matrix characters...Neo and Trinity...no Morpheus yet tho...
Optimus Prime
Blanka
Inspector Gadget
Ironman 'o' plenty
Mortal Kombat...Sub Zero and Scorpian mostly
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
A lot of Jean Greys as Phoenix
Captain Marvel (DC)...cleverly called himself "Shazzam"
Voltron
Psylocke
Doctor Zoidberg
Snake-Eyes
Cobra Commander
Flash

And a whole lot more I can't recall :P
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

GhostMachine

Saw a Spawn (actually named Spawn) yesterday, and I think I saw an Iron Man also (was definitely someone with red and gold armor, but they moved off before I could see their name or get a good look at them).

Revenant

Here's one of my lookalikes  :lol:

This is the kind of stuff Earth2 Superman was so ticked off about!!!
[IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l108/r373nant/banner_JL2.png[/img]

Blkcasanova247

You just can't lay off Wonder Woman can you? :lol: Nice work Rev and good to see you around here bro.
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Courtnall6

Here are some lookalikes I managed to snag pics of...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

GhostMachine

Since I made my last post in this thread, I've seen about three more Spawns (and I think the one C6 posted may be one of them), a definite Iron Man, two Green Lanterns (Hal Jordan version), a couple of Snake-Eyes, a Deadpool colored black instead of red (trust me; it was a wrong-colored Deadpool, not another Snake-Eyes), The Shadow, someone I *think* may have been a badly done Solid Snake, and a Nightcrawler.

Very surprised I haven't seen any more Hulks or any Dragonball Z characters at all.

detourne_me

Wow! that Guy Gardner is incredible!
I have to get in on the action here...I'm guilty of creating Lookalikes,  Here are two of my most recent...

Vampirella (i actually use the character name too.)
Spoiler

and .. Ourman
Spoiler

BentonGrey

Ohh, nice Hourman DM!  I have been collecting these for the last few weeks, and only just now got around to posting them.

Batman:

Flash:

The Tick:

Dick Tracy:

Gamma-Irradiated Hulk Hogan?:

Space Marine (Named "Brother" something or other):

Iron Man (Pretty good one):

Iron Man (Not as cool):

Magneto (Nice, needs a brighter red):

And a few of my own-
Black Terror:

The Devil:
God Bless

UnkoMan

I've seen that Magneto!
And, surprisingly, a different Dick Tracy. I also saw a Martian Manhunter that looked real odd with no straps.

I really like that Hulk.

I was in a PVP match with a Sub Zero, but instead of ice powers he was a gadgeteer for some reason.

PS: I also just ran into Dracula.

detourne_me

One guy i was playing with said he saw an Ace and Gary!
I saw that Dick Tracy last night too,  codename Richard Tracy.
A Thor, named Thor that looked a little odd. oh and Grey Hulk, which kinda sucked.

style

Man in that pick with the Dick Tracy look alike I see a couple of more look alikes. Like The Undertaker, Silent Snake,and that shorty from Star Wars
The Ultimate Fan!

BentonGrey

Yep, we noticed the Undertaker. :)

A few more...it's been a busy few weeks!:

The Hulk

Mediocre GL (looks like Hal)

Deadpool, and a pretty good one.

A very nice Colossus

Pretty good Spawn
God Bless

detourne_me

i love that colossus!
Is that the spawn from when we teamed a week ago?

It looks like there is a Storm lookalike in the hulk pic too.

Tomato

Haven't been on in awhile, but I saw Sarah Palin and Lara Croft during the Open Beta...

GhostMachine

There's a hero I know whose player is a wrestling fan and he has Bret Hart and Jim `The Anvil' Neidhart costumes as alternate outfits. He also has another costume that looks like Jesse Ventura with a traffic cone on his head, but I don't know if that's intentional or not. He's never outright said its supposed to be Jesse Ventura, but people have commented on it.

I made a hero named Thing That Should Not Be (wouldn't let me put `The' at the front of it), and his human disguise is Hulk Hogan.

detourne_me

I made a ninja turtle named Giovanni :)  took some screen caps, in case i ever want to build him again.  and last night I made a Rorshach/Question/Mr. A homage named The Statement.