News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Crime Syndicate Concept Art Thread

Started by Tomato, April 13, 2020, 02:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Cool stuff. I really like the Jason Todd concept.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Talon III/Blood Talon (Timothy Drake)

Spoiler

Where Jason was the reluctant Talon, I see Timothy being the most enthusiastic, to a degree that even makes Owlman nervous. Cold, calculating, and incredibly intelligent, Timothy joined as a Talon after seeing the softening of Owlman's empire under Jason. Brutal and efficient, Timothy quickly made a name for himself as Owlman's most effective enforcer. Finally, as a final test of his loyalty (and as a means of severing Timothy's last remaining familial ties) Owlman demanded Tim kill his father... which Timothy did without any hesitation, to even Owlman's shock. Thomas would keep him at arms length from then on out, but Timothy's efficiency in running the gangs could not be denied.

However, during a period Owlman was presumed dead (he got better) and Ric returned to take up the role, Timothy was pushed out of the role of Talon in favor of passing the role to Thomas' son. Unwilling to give in, Talon took on the (admittedly) uninspired name of Blood Talon instead. He briefly considered taking the name Drake, but that was a stupid name, so he didn't bother.

Podmark

Your Tim concept is great too. Really like the Blood Talon design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

So. Annataz. She's sort of next on my list of CSA customs (I'm only missing her and Razorhawk, and I have ideas for the latter) so I've been trying to get my brain wrapped around her. I did some iterating on the discord, but I'm just not quite happy with her still, input is appreciated.

Spoiler

eluvium

WyldFyre

I really like #s 4 and 6. Have you thought about the headband she wore in the 70s? It may be just me, but the top hat, though iconic, doesn't sing to me. Maybe the headband or even her later ponytail look?
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Tomato

Quote from: eluvium on December 04, 2022, 05:04:52 AM
is this fabrica de herois?

Yes. I find it very useful when I'm trying to conceptualize something and iterate on ideas, without having to spend a ton of time in FF skinning things out.

Quote from: WyldFyre on December 04, 2022, 12:24:52 PM
I really like #s 4 and 6. Have you thought about the headband she wore in the 70s? It may be just me, but the top hat, though iconic, doesn't sing to me. Maybe the headband or even her later ponytail look?

So I am reluctant to do that, mostly because the "good" Zatanna I am displaying is the DCC JL Dark version, which actually pulls a surprising amount from the 70s JL version (it's keeps a lot of the core shapes and motifs, just with more black and the neckline). As a result, I almost want the mirrored Annataz to be more closely like the classic stage magician Zatanna.

Tomato

Spoiler

inspired to do another design while posting.

eluvium

Quote from: Tomato on December 06, 2022, 05:21:46 AM
Quote from: eluvium on December 04, 2022, 05:04:52 AM
is this fabrica de herois?

Yes. I find it very useful when I'm trying to conceptualize something and iterate on ideas, without having to spend a ton of time in FF skinning things out.

Quote from: WyldFyre on December 04, 2022, 12:24:52 PM

So I am reluctant to do that, mostly because the "good" Zatanna I am displaying is the DCC JL Dark version, which actually pulls a surprising amount from the 70s JL version (it's keeps a lot of the core shapes and motifs, just with more black and the neckline). As a result, I almost want the mirrored Annataz to be more closely like the classic stage magician Zatanna.

Where is the current version of that or do I have to purchase it

Tomato

I bought mine several years ago, but yes. It's a good program, and I get a lot of use from it.

Can we get back to Annataz discussion now please?

eluvium

sorry, I like the punk goth look and such, what else do you have planned

WyldFyre

QuoteSo I am reluctant to do that, mostly because the "good" Zatanna I am displaying is the DCC JL Dark version, which actually pulls a surprising amount from the 70s JL version (it's keeps a lot of the core shapes and motifs, just with more black and the neckline). As a result, I almost want the mirrored Annataz to be more closely like the classic stage magician Zatanna.
I get that.

The new design looks better to me. I get a sinister vibe from it that I wasn't getting from the others. I wonder if the white from #6 above would "pop" on the new design?
For Freedom!

Tomato

Got a handful of options, first a response to Wildfyre

Spoiler

Then a semi response to DJ on the discord (merging in elements from the JL Dark animated films)

Spoiler

WyldFyre

I'm not sure the white works as well as I thought it might.  After looking at them all, I think I like #4 in the DJ response best. I love the sinister look and I think she actually looks better without the hat.
Despite my hope for the white theme, I think the black with red accents looks better.
For Freedom!

Tomato

So I think opinions, including my own and those on the discord, are more or less settling on a handful of options based on two questions. In an attempt to get a few of my more artsy friends on it, I set up a few polls on twitter to settle the two remaining questions: Coat/Undershirt color, and Hat/No Hat.

https://twitter.com/TomatoisJP/status/1602468672894689280

WyldFyre

Hey 'Mato, I don't have Twitter right now, but I looked at the poll. I personally prefer the black coat and no hat, but you should go with whatever YOU want to see in the design.
For Freedom!

Tomato

So I'll say I'm actually mostly ok with any of the four options at this point. I actually waffle between them all pretty heavily (sometimes i like white coat, sometimes black. Sometimesim meh on hat, sometimes i think it pushes it to be more zatanna). I'll be honest, I might well make the hat as a separate piece regardless and decide that one on the shelf.

TeacherFat

Quote from: Tomato on December 16, 2022, 06:57:17 AMSo I'll say I'm actually mostly ok with any of the four options at this point. I actually waffle between them all pretty heavily (sometimes i like white coat, sometimes black. Sometimesim meh on hat, sometimes i think it pushes it to be more zatanna). I'll be honest, I might well make the hat as a separate piece regardless and decide that one on the shelf.

I like it too, but I wanted to say that there is very less art stuff here in the threat.