News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mod Idea

Started by eluvium, October 30, 2019, 11:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eluvium

Hey forum friends, I've got an idea for a digital version of the game Heroclix but using animated 3d tokens like in table top simulator's dnd package. a 3d terrain with animated models as tokens ustilizing the ruleset of hero clix, almost like a baldur's gate via freedom force

eluvium

Sorry I forgot to add, Does anyone have any interest in exploring the this idea with me? My skill aren't very exapnsive when it comes to game design but I'd certainly handle all the boring logistics for launching a free online or maybe putting up on humble bundle

oktokels

VERY Interesting. For my hero files, I have been reading a lot about heroclix to take notes about certain character's powers and abilities. For example, the ray's hero file is almost totally based on his heroclix counterpart. Unfortunately,i don't think  i have neither the skill or knowledge that you require for building a whole game about it  :banghead:
Anyway, very interesting.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

eluvium

I'd even take assistance in spreading the idea to the right ears, as I am really only familiar with Daglob, but He helps me out all the time and I don't know that he's a modder

daglob

eluvium

Previsionary

Personally, I think it's a good idea and probably doable to "some" degree, depending on several variables such as the type of coding involved, what skills are and are not transferable in regards to representation/presentation, control schemes, the actual building of the terrains and characters, etc. etc. Hero clix aren't my thing and I have a very minimal idea of everything that goes into that world, but based on what I do "know," yeah... probably doable.

I assume you're pushing for a PC platform vs. ahunno... like a mobile one?
Disappear when you least expe--

eluvium

I'm open to either,  heroclix map and freedom force map aren't so different, the types of terrain are represented two-dimensionally and wieldable objects and bystanders are presented with pogs, almost anything you can wield in a freedom force scenario is an object available in a heroclix match. things like line of sight, and movement and elevation and hindering terrain might need to be reestablished