What if Man of Steel was in color?

Started by Ares_God_of_War, April 24, 2015, 02:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ares_God_of_War

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

spydermann93

JeyNyce

Now I want to watch it in full bright color
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, it's been pretty much debunked at this point.  The movie doesn't actually look that dark; they added the dark filter themselves.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

Well, if so, they're liars, but their point is still a valid one.  The movie is super dark, and it would be cool to see a more colorful version.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

I've said to many friends in the past that even though I like Man of Steel more than most - Snyder's washed out "blue" look is not something I like. I wish we could have a colorful superhero movie (Geez it's not like Marvel's not printing money doing this).

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BWPS

Quote from: abenavides on April 28, 2015, 02:50:58 PM
I've said to many friends in the past that even though I like Man of Steel more than most - Snyder's washed out "blue" look is not something I like. I wish we could have a colorful superhero movie (Geez it's not like Marvel's not printing money doing this).

Yeah I almost feel like DC just doesn't have enough confidence in their beloved characters the way Marvel does. While the Nolan films are fantastic the way they are, that might only work for Batman and maybe only work for Nolan. These characters are some of the best of all time, you can let them be themselves as-is. Marvel captures what makes the characters great and adds to that rather than takes away - and all without compromising believability. I liked MoS, but I don't think it sets the tone for an expanded film universe in the way I'd like to see it. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by the MCU and DC is just trying their best at something very difficult.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

BentonGrey

Quote from: BWPS on April 28, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
Yeah I almost feel like DC just doesn't have enough confidence in their beloved characters the way Marvel does. While the Nolan films are fantastic the way they are, that might only work for Batman and maybe only work for Nolan. These characters are some of the best of all time, you can let them be themselves as-is. Marvel captures what makes the characters great and adds to that rather than takes away - and all without compromising believability. I liked MoS, but I don't think it sets the tone for an expanded film universe in the way I'd like to see it. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by the MCU and DC is just trying their best at something very difficult.

Emphasis added.

Very well said, BWPS.  No, I don't think DC is trying their best, largely because there isn't really 'DC' to speak of in terms of the movies, there's only WB ("there is no Dana, only Zuel!").  As Alex said, Marvel is printing money with a respectful approach to their characters.  The trouble is that the empty suits who run WB have neither souls nor brains, lack everything they need to understand WHY Marvel was successful and why, even though the (highly overrated) Nolan films were successful, they are a poor source for a cinematic universe. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/