The good, the bad, and the ugly-More Tests...

Started by daglob, January 31, 2015, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughing paradox

What fantastic news! I'm so happy for you!! I can't stop smiling right now.

stumpy

That is awesome! Great news to take into the holidays and to start out the new year with!
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Lionheart

Cyber Burn

Fantastic news Daglob! If anyone was going to kick Cancer's tail, it was absolutely going to be you. Congratulations my friend.

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

heroidosilencio

wow!!!

You are such a good person!   I am happy you are cured!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  It`s a good God`s christimas gift for we all...

Fantastic news!!!!!!!!

crimsonquill

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

windblown

That's really fantastic Daglob!  :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm really happy for you  :)

AfghanAnt

daglob

I thank all of you who have contributed to my life the past year. I might could have done it without you, but the experience would have been a LOT harder to endure.

Now, tonight I have a sleep study, brought on by the overnight stay at the hospital while suffering from a kidney stone. While hooked up to telemetry, it was discovered that my oxygen levels dropped during the night, and that I stopped breathing often. I've had one already, and the results are that I stop breathing or my breathing slows about 90 times an hour. Add to that the problem that my prostate is now a lump of scar tissue and does nothing for bladder control making me go to the restroom every hour, and it's no wonder I seemed to be tired a lot of the time.  Well, the urologist decided to try something similar to Flowmax, so Mother Nature leaves me along for as much as two hours (sometimes longer), an osteopath prescribed some anti-inflammatories, which cuts down on my arthritic pain, and now I may get a C-PAP machine.

I may come out of this better then I went into it.

Epimethee

Beware that they may end up rebuilding you completely. At the very least, play it safe and do a full backup of your memories, in case they end up replacing your brain too.

On a more serious note, I hope your health continues to improve as quickly as possible.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

daglob

Strange. I slept for five hours uninterrupted. I haven't slept that long in well over a year.

JeyNyce

Quote from: daglob on January 09, 2016, 09:06:53 PM
Strange. I slept for five hours uninterrupted. I haven't slept that long in well over a year.

Sleep, it's a beautiful thing.  I hope this means that things are going back to normal for you.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

daglob

No, not by a long shot. But there is hope...

BentonGrey

Awesome, it sounds like they are making some progress in improving things for you DG.  I'm really glad to hear that!

Also, we love you, man, and we're just glad you're doing better!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

I have a C-Pap machine on order and should be ready the next few days, and the pulmonology tests showed no change. This was good news about the nodules in my lungs, bad news for the asthma. So, to that end they changed my long term asthma treatment and we shall see if that works. I've also started a series of shots to try and keep me from developing osteoporosis.

Who knows what will happen when I start getting REM sleep...

BentonGrey

My money is on astral-travel and fighting evil in the Dreamlands.

It sounds like things are continuing to develop and you're making progress, DG!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

abenavides

So glad to hear things are on the upswing DaGlob!
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

JeyNyce

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 22, 2016, 04:20:20 PM

Holy Crap!  DG is Sleep Walker!!!  I knew it!!
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

WyldFyre

Quote from: JeyNyce on January 27, 2016, 02:46:02 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on January 22, 2016, 04:20:20 PM

Holy Crap!  DG is Sleep Walker!!!  I knew it!!

Or perhaps a certain Sandman.....

Here's hoping the C-Pap machine and new treatments give you more relief. <fingers crossed>
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

daglob

As some of you know, I've been in a government program that supplies part time clerical help to municipal or non-profit organizations. Well, the time limit to be in the program is up, so I am officially retired as of 2:00 pm today.

BentonGrey

How do you feel about that, DG?  I don't want to offer congratulations if you don't feel they're appropriate.
God Bless

daglob

I feel alright with it. I'm still on disability, so I don't have to worry about making a living. I want to do SOMETHING until I'm really ready to retire. I keep getting better and better, although I still can't walk or stand for long, and "lifting 50 pounds" is out of the question. I also find that shuffling papers for four hours is exhausting.

I'm not really the kind of worker most employers are looking for.

BentonGrey

Then, in that case, let me offer congratulations coupled with wishes to find a good occupation to keep you busy!
God Bless

daglob

... and it's siting under my desk. Tried to turn on my computer this morning and it ignored me.

I think it's just a bad switch (full of cat hair, maybe), but I have a laptop I can use to keep in touch. However, it doesn't have Photoshop on it.

Nor a graphics tablet. Nor Freedom Force. Nor all the stuff I was working on.

So, for the time being, I am on hiatus.

BentonGrey

Ahh man, that's no good!  Bah!  Here's hoping you can get things sorted out quickly and easily, DG!
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Ouch. That just bites. I hope you get things back up and running soon.

Outcast

Well, i could imagine how i would feel. Hope all the files you've downloaded, saved and worked on over the years are still ok once you're able to have it fixed.

daglob

The tech guy (who built it in the first place from the corpses of other computers) says he's pretty sure it's the switch. The hard drives should be fine.

BentonGrey

God Bless