News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

X-Mod Meshes

Started by Draken422, October 18, 2013, 08:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken422

Are the meshes from the X-Mod good for editing (xcom_male_light_rifle and such) As in, is it permitted? Because I've made myself a few edits for fun, nothing big, unless you're a total hex editing n00b like me, still, I'd like to know because I don't know if I can upload them anywhere for the people to get if they want to or if I should just keep them to myself :P I know that there is a few edits out in the net allready there but I don't want to upload stuff if someone has something against it.

Thank You in advice for answers, I might not be around to see an answer for a while until I get home.

Also, I would like to apologize if I'm asking a question that was asked before but I'm short on time and didn't really feel like searching for it.

Thanks again.

Cyber Burn

Hi Draken, I don't currently have the "X-Mod" installed right now, but if I'm not mistaken, the "XCom" meshes were made by the Mesher known as Jik, and according to the Permissions List, Jik has given permission for his meshes to be altered in Nifskope. I would recommend checking any "Read Me" files located in the meshes that you are altering to make sure who made the mesh. If there is no "Read Me" file in the specific mesh, some modders will include a "Read Me" file that says who made what.

I tried downloading the mod before I started to reply, but my security settings wouldn't let me. But I'm pretty sure that the "XCom" meshes were made by Jik, so any alterations done should be releasable as long as a mesh program such as Blender was not used.

For future reference, there is a "Nifskope Permissions List" that states which Meshers have given permission for their work to be altered with Nifskope.

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=48917.0