Main Menu

Meshing questions

Started by davy jones, April 13, 2012, 04:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertex

good
good
prefer from ctool but works

never had this prob before, so searching for what could be problem...
and this assumes you have the exporter installed and the scripts installed as well... perhaps you made a slight error and installed both exporters instead of just the one you needed?
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

davy jones

I deleted the Script and it still crashes for some reason... Same crash.

Vertex

drrr I wasn't talking about the script for the ctool or unwrap tool and such when I mentioned the exporter...

I was talking about the two exporters that irrational released. One was named Freedom Force Exporter Max4(4.0.1).dlu and the other was named.. I don't remember. You need the one I just named and not the other which if I remember correctly was meant for 3ds max 3 which is what Irrational used to make the original Freedom Force game.
cause I don't know squat

davy jones

Apparently I have neither... So either the setup is messed up (they had to be installed with the Mod Tools right?) or I didn't get all the tools...

Vertex

This leads to still another problem of a sort...

Did you install the mod tools for FFVTR? or are you trying to install for the first game exports? You can't do both and while the original exporter will work with all the way from R3 to 5.1... the mod tools that are for FFVTR ONLY work with 5.1 and it's equivalent Character studio installation. You seem to have dived in and grabbed up pieces parts for both games and that probably is your prob.
cause I don't know squat

davy jones

I reinstalled everything.

I updated to 3ds max 5.1. Installed Mod Tools and Character Exporter, but nothing else. Still crashes.

Vertex

and with that now I got no clue grrr

I'll think on it ... and maybe one of these guys far brighter than me around here will come up with something while I do.
cause I don't know squat

davy jones

GogglesPizanno

I'm not a meshing guy, but its possible if you obtained your copy of 3D Studio Max through "non official" means... whatever modifications were made to the executable may just not work with the official exporters. 

You might try what other have done and use the niftools exporter and blender to modify existing meshes (there are tutorials on the forum). I think there is a modified version of the blender exporter (form the niftools site) that supports exporting a single animation from blender. If that's the case. You would then have to piece animated animations together in nifskope. But its a possible option.

Vertex

Well I sincerely hope this guy can get his copy of max working... cause I don't know his situation but mine would have played out like this... tried to skin... failed... fiddled around with skope and was mediocre at best... the only way I could make supers for the ctool and game was max and it's brought me a lot of joy. I personally don't know how you guys do your astounding results with skope and hexing... that would drive me nuts to work that way.
cause I don't know squat

davy jones

So you say Nifskope can already import/export existing meshes without any plugins?

Edit: I was able to load my mesh into nifskope... But not into  :ffvstr:.