News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Spider-Man Mod

Started by rfreixo, April 08, 2012, 03:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on May 06, 2012, 06:33:45 PM
BTW rfreixo, IMHO, the "survive ten minutes" in the FF mission is too long.  As for credits, I get what you're saying about the play-testing...I just thought this was the release, since you provided a link for the entire community, as opposed to a small test-play group.

Dana

I'll take blame for that, since I suggested posting a link to the beta to get more feedback.

rfreixo

Still, if you need me to get it down, no problem.
Outcast, I know what you're saying. If the AI was smarter, it would always abuse that and be undefeatable! :lol:
About the ten minutes, I found it to be enough to both give a 'survival' challenge, and enought time to defeat them all if you wanted to. I tried 5 and 7 minutes before, but I could never defeat them all like this. Any suggestions?

rfreixo

Ok, I've reached a point where I could use some help. I'll have to reveal some of the planned characters, so I'll put it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler
I need help making two playable characters: Moon Knight and the Falcon. Creating them is not the problem. The hard part is making them faithful to the source, but still different enough from the other playable characters to justify using them instead of, say, Daredevil.
I'm willing to depart a bit from the source to allow this - I've given the Falcon an electric feather throw, for example, to cover for the lack of electricity-based characters. He also has a Redwing projectile. So, any ideas?
On an unrelated note, anybody knows of a Tinkerer mesh/skin somewhere?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: rfreixo on May 08, 2012, 02:30:03 AM
Ok, I've reached a point where I could use some help. I'll have to reveal some of the planned characters, so I'll put it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler
I need help making two playable characters: Moon Knight and the Falcon. Creating them is not the problem. The hard part is making them faithful to the source, but still different enough from the other playable characters to justify using them instead of, say, Daredevil.
I'm willing to depart a bit from the source to allow this - I've given the Falcon an electric feather throw, for example, to cover for the lack of electricity-based characters. He also has a Redwing projectile. So, any ideas?
On an unrelated note, anybody knows of a Tinkerer mesh/skin somewhere?
Spoiler
I'm not familiar with the tinkerer, but I'll go through my files to see if I can find one.

Outcast

Quote from: rfreixo on May 07, 2012, 03:18:57 AM
Outcast, I know what you're saying. If the AI was smarter, it would always abuse that and be undefeatable! :lol:
Rfreixo, that would certainly be sadistic. :P
Anyways, haven't had time yet to continue with the mod yet. Maybe later. :)

rfreixo

Spoiler

This is the Tinkerer.

And this is my skope of the Tinkerer. Couldn't find him anywhere.

Amazo Version 2.2

Spoiler
i wuold suggest scoping on some pants, but otherwise, good job. i like how the glasses are on the forehead, that must have been a pain to position. good job on the jacket too.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Outcast

Ok...continuing with the next mission....

Spoiler
In the Circus is in Town mission, i've run into a few issues.

One of them is with the canisters(health,power,prestige) being pink. But the canisters looked ok on the previous missions, so i'm not sure what happened or what's different in this mission. Maybe there were too many villains that caused some memory problems? Or it could be about DDS files. But why only the canisters? :huh:

Another one is when i press the esc button at the start of the mission briefing to skip the dialogues and cutscenes, the mission doesn't seem to start where it's supposed to start. It just jumps to the scene where Matt Murdock realizes everyone in the room has been hypnotized except him. And i'm just stuck there. Matt doesn't change to Daredevil and the mission won't start. In other words, i believe i can't press the esc button until after Matt changes to Daredevil. :mellow:

Oh and there's also this place on the map, specifically where you placed a prestige canister. Whenever i send SpiderMan there to get it, he becomes invisible or disappears. (It seemed like he was jumping down to a lower level of the map. So that may be a clue.) I managed to get the prestige canister but after that SpiderMan seemed and sounded (thanks to the voice pack) stuck/trapped in that place. It's only when SpiderMan is alerted to a villain nearby that he manages to get unstuck and reappear. :blink:

Nice skope and skin by the way, Rfreixo. :cool:

rfreixo

Whoa, this one was hard to find. Here goes:

Spoiler

1 - That's a simple texture issue. This mission uses a different texture folder, and it doesn't have the canisters textures. I've already fixed it for the release, but if you want to fix it yourself there, go to Marvel/Art/Library/area_specific/_textures, copy all the files that start with "powerup" (9 in total) and paste them on the dance_club and _textures_inside_warehouse folders. When I uploaded the mod, I still didn't know the cause of the problem, so it was left there. Sorry!
2 - That's a more complex problem. I had to look several times before finding it. It has to do with the hero slots 2 and 3. If you have heroes on both, the problem doesn't occur (and that's why I didn't spot it before). The mission was scripted to account for hero_1, hero_2 and hero_3, taking them out of your control, "hypnotizing" them, that sort of stuff. If you don't have one of them, it gets stuck. To fix it, I removed the lines of code that deal with that. However, by doing it, 2 and 3 aren't affected by these things, which ruins the mood of the mission. I'll have to try to find a sollution for this. In the meantime, I'll post a temporary fix for it, so you can play the mission properly.
If anyone knows how to fix it, help me out here, please! But keep in mind it's not done with EZScript...
3 - That's a map issue, and I really don't know how to fix it...  :banghead:

By the way, thanks Outcast, you're helping me a lot with this play test.

Fix here. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sv3j0m7mvq2up8x
Rename it mission.py and place it in the 04_ringmaster folder, replacing the original file. This will remove all actions involving both hero_2 and hero_3, so they'll be automatically playable after the cutscene, and the intro should play through normally (and you should be able to skip it normally, too).

P.S.: Outcast, you're still only with the Black Cat, right? Never got a third hero?

Outcast

Quote from: rfreixo on May 10, 2012, 11:25:13 PM
P.S.: Outcast, you're still only with the Black Cat, right? Never got a third hero?
Yeah, apparently i was testing the skip cut scene issue with only the Black Cat and Flash Thompson. Who would have thought that the placeholder hero was the one causing the problem. I actually recruited other "custom" heroes (for backup purposes) but didn't think having all the slots filled up would solve that problem. :doh:

Just tested your new mission.py file, and it works just how you said it would. The textures of the canisters are now back to normal as well, thanks to those missing texture files you pointed out. Nice job on finding the solution.:thumbup: Too bad about the map problem though.

Cyber Burn

Spoiler
Just finished the level with the Fantastic Four, while enjoyable, the Human Torch stayed in the air nearly the entire mission making it hard and time consuming to take him out.

rfreixo

Spoiler
CB, I can see you'll love the Vulture mission!  :lol:
Seriously now, the thing with the Torch is, he never really fights on the ground, does he? I've been reading some old FF comics recently, and he's always airborne during battle. And specifically for this mission, this is what makes it work. Trust me, if you could get him on the ground more often, it would be over before you knew it. 70 HP and no resistances, he just doesn't last.

BigCheeto

Have you posted your mod yet?
I'd give it a try.

rfreixo

Only the first four missions, it's still gonna take a while to finish the whole thing.
The link is on the second page of this thread. Be sure to pick the two small fixes, also on this thread.
And most importantly, send me your thoughts after you play! That's why I posted these missions,
to get everyone's opinions and put me on the right track for the rest of the mod.

rfreixo

Hey guys, anybody knows where I can download some objects to put in the mod?
I need some extra itens to place around the map, especially a vacuum cleaner, or something that looks like one.
Any ideas?

Previsionary

As far as I know, that has not been made, so you may have to skope it yourself or ask someone to help you out. Back in the day, Tiobe might have meshed you said object, but he's been busy, as far as I can tell.
Disappear when you least expe--