The amount of Bronies here is frightening me....

Started by Ares_God_of_War, February 17, 2012, 02:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Was that what that smell was? I thought Murs had gotten into one of the sewage lines or something.

Kommando

If you can think of a better way to remote the lactose then let me know.

Outcast

Uh...What's the difference between ponies and furries? :huh:

Previsionary

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on February 18, 2012, 02:43:07 PM
Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on February 18, 2012, 03:45:49 AM
So besides the influx of MLP:FIM what else has happened since I have been away?
2. Prev entered into early retirement from his (abortive attempt at pursuing a) singing career in the Korean boy band 화장실.

Oh my gosh. The palpable jealousy of you people who focus on me so much. I've never been a singer. You're thinking of Gogglespizanno and the Goggle Rangers (AKA, Shirley and the Shirlettes). Or perhaps you're thinking of that time you fell (even further) off the deep end and were singing to your own vomit. It was an odd time, and we're glad you've gotten better (as you possibly can be).

*teleports out of thread, leaving behind a dropped mic*
Disappear when you least expe--

Tomato

Quote from: Outcast on February 18, 2012, 04:12:00 PM
Uh...What's the difference between ponies and furries? :huh:

Bronies (the term is primarily meant for male fans, I believe the term for females is Pegasisters... but some females prefer "Brony" also, so it's a situational thing) is a designation for the fanbase of the latest My Little Pony generation... for the most part, it's crazies like me who like to talk about the show, create memes about it, and generally annoy non-bronies with our obsession. Despite the show only being just over a year old, conventions such as Bronycon and other such events have already started up around the world.

Furries, by contrast, tend to be more general... whereas bronies are pretty much narrowly defined by the show itself, furries are a group that can pretty much include anything even remotely anthropomorphic... and even some things that really aren't. The major problem with furries is that even though I'm sure there are relatively normal furries out there, it's such an all-encompassing ideology that it's attracted some even more bizarre sub-cultures, which are often more obnoxious and give what might otherwise be "mainstream" furries a horrible reputation.

UnfluffyBunny

in some cases, furries are people that feel they honestly are they're cartoony anthromorphic alter ego's, it is the fact that they're all so non-realistic that makes me laugh about it, either way, it covers a broad spectrum of a whole lifestyle, to sexual fetishes, I remember reading an online article not that long ago from a teenage boy who was kicked out of his home when he told his parents he wanted to eat dinner at a table like normal people, i'll see if I can dredge it up.

Bronies also tend to become more empowered by knowing you aren't one of them, whereas furries will often become angry and call "fursecution"

The Phantom Eyebrow

Tawodi Osdi

Anyone feel like they got off the train at Never-Never Land?  Mainstream furries, bronies, and fursecution.  What next a H. R. Puff n Stuff revival?

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Tawodi Osdi on February 18, 2012, 08:03:58 PM
What next a H. R. Puff n Stuff revival?

No, but I sense a Bugaloos frenzy coming on...

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Breaker
Two words: Moog.

Ares_God_of_War

No, soon it will be a deluge of Care Bear enthusiasts.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on February 19, 2012, 05:15:02 PM

Been there, done that, got the av.

The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on February 19, 2012, 05:15:02 PM

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker

Ares_God_of_War

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Deaths Jester

Quit it, you bloody nutjobs!  Look at what you've done...even Syn has succumbed tot he evil of Ponies!  And now Tiobe is bugalooing?!?!?!  STOP IT!!! *runs around like a chicken with his head cut off screaming*
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tomato

Deaths Jester

Tomato

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on February 22, 2012, 04:48:54 PM
Pfft...

No...Haters gonna eat!!!  *prepares his specail pony eating fork and knife*

Tomato

Pfft, you may have zombies, but I have an entire arsenal of friendship weapons.

For example:

TonmaFan

I have a Yahoo group now, click here!

Tomato

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

Silly 'Matter...zombies are unaffected by your silly, weak friendship arsenal...we are immune due to our lack of most emotions!  HA!!!

Tomato

Plz... if there's anything I learned from Blackest Night, it's that Zombies can be destroyed by emotional rainbows.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on February 24, 2012, 07:39:35 PM
Plz... if there's anything I learned from Blackest Night, it's that Zombies can be destroyed by emotional rainbows.

No..those were Black Lanterns...zombies aren't Black Lanterns...the difference is we have no rings and eat brains, Black Lanterns have rings and eat hearts!  See...big difference!!

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Tomato on February 24, 2012, 04:20:49 PM
Quote from: TonmaFan on February 24, 2012, 02:30:19 PM
tbh.

... what?

Let me explain, 'Mato.  You see, unfortunately, TonmaFan is suffering from tuberculosis and is in such respiratory distress that he could only utter the initials for "Tuberculosis Hospital."  This was a distress call: "Please take me to the Tuberculosis Hospital!"

Gentlemen: prepare the stretcher and a team of emergency response ponies.  This fellow needs immediate Bronical attention!

ow_tiobe_sb

ow_tiobe_sb

I think I've finally gotten a handle on these Bronemes:

Spoiler

I feel like such a river horse expert.  ^_^

ow_tiobe_sb