Major Mesh/skin release possible...with help

Started by Randomdays, August 23, 2011, 03:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

update - was able to do 8 more fish last night using the same setup. Should be up soon.

dorado
humphead wrasse - 4 skins
parrotfish - 5 skins
blue marlin
sawfish
hammerhead shark
tiger shark - 2 skins
bluefin tuna

That's probably about it for fish. Might do the whaleshark and a couple of others though

For sea mammals, going to try to work with the dolphin set up and add the beluga whale and narwhale to it. The killer whale mesh isn't usable so I'll have to look  somewhere else.

The walrus looked good, so I'll look at doing the same setup for the sea lion.

The octopus might not be possible - I'll try using the ant or bearded's spider and see how it looks

Going to try to work the manta ray and sea turtle onto the Sam the eagle mesh

Holiday's over so I'll be slowing down due to RL and work.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Randomdays on January 03, 2012, 12:10:17 AM
Files are up - screenshots and link at -

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=55127.0

Benton, more on the way. Besides getting Gren's wolf to work, the animal forms of val's dinobots and predacons may work as well. Then I can look at some land animals for Dana and maybe give him his killer rabbit.

LOL...Hopefully, you'll work out something, RD. 

Dana

Randomdays

Benton, Not sure what you had planned for your Aquaman mod, but here's a thought.... I can take the manta mesh, blow it up to 20X size or whatever looks good and look for some kind of black metallic texture for skin. Give it the FF car kfs, and you have Black Manta's ship.

BentonGrey

Absolutely.  I will need a Manta ship eventually, although my outline doesn't have Black Manta showing up for a while.  A manta ship would be awesome!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Here's a link to some pics from the 70's. I think adding tne antenna to the top and reskinning might be good enough, or it might need some engines skoped on the back as well. The front pieces could be shortened or straightened.

http://superfriends.wikia.com/wiki/Manta's_Sea-Saucer

BentonGrey

More fish than I can shake a stick at.  I still have a hard time believing this is true.  Haha, so awesome.  Anyway, the Manta sub probably won't need too much modification.  The Filmation version from the link you posted is probably the best design there, so perhaps skoping on some engines would be good.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Randomdays

Almost done with the fish. A couple of things I want to try out, so at the most, probably another half dozen or so.

Not totally happy with the way the manta and turtle move, but the eagle wings move a lot differently than them and I moved things around the best I could. Anyone who tries them, let me know what you think.

I'm thinking this might be a better choice for the mantaship, if I can convert it;

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=4849f9c4f7bfc06577740ef99100bc7&prevstart=0

BentonGrey

I'll try to test the manta and turtle out a little later this week.  Ohh!  That would be perfect for a Mantaship!
God Bless

Randomdays

Probably not to msny more posts here, as I would  say the project is a sucecss. I've learned how to grab practically any model from numerous sources and import them into Blender. I can now rig them to an existing mesh setup and use its keyframes - anything truly exotic, like a scorpion or octopus is still out of reach in that regard, although a workaround was used for Benton's fish. I can resize it to any size desired, apply the existing skin(s) and export it out to either FF or FFVTTR. While the 1st Star Trek McCoy mesh took me days to figure out how things work, I was able to do 2 requests last night in the 3 hours I had after work. There are far too many possibilties of things to add to the game now, so I'll limit to things I'm working on and any requests - As these come out they'll probably show up in the Releases or Meshes forums.

Currently working on ;

A secret project for myself - 3 done out of 30 or so meshes
Sherlock Holmes and Watson for GamingBoyReborn
A Seahorse for Sioux City Dynamo - and maybe a jetski
Animals for Dana - the rabbit ought to be ready tomorrow - I hope.
A few more fish for Benton
A walkthru on adding some content to the game for other people, like me, who can't mesh or skin.

If anybody needs a building, vehicle or character, not likely to be worked on by anyone else, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

cmdrkoenig67

The fish conversions are pretty darn good, RD...The walrus is fantastic (i don't recall if I told you that).  It's great to see that you're trying to put out other new animals too (BUNNY!).  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Dana

Randomdays

The rabbit is rigged the same way as the walrus on the new wolf armature. He already looks good and hops around good, but his butt is dragging a little low and the hind legs need a little work. Comes with an Artic Hare skin, but might be some alt skins too. Maybe another hour's work I hope.

Spent too much time this after work looking at another project I've been thinking about. I'nm thinking I might be able to lift the GTA Vice City Map and put it in Battlefield 1942. 32 player multiplayer in Vice City!

Mystik

did u ever find that google sketchup of the hall of justice

Randomdays

This one, correct?

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=fe119f587b794a8d7c62c6420fd61efb&prevstart=0

Never got a reply so wasn't sure if you wanted it done or not.

It's a little different for the hall, since its the building plus the fountain and trees. I can do it a couple of different ways;
1) Just do the building and the fountain as 2 seperate nifs, let you add the trees and the rest with normal FF/FFVTTR placeables

2) Do everything as 1 giant nif. That would mean if you set it up for destruction on the map, it would all go at once.

Let me know how you want it done.

Mystik

Randomdays

Mystic - Hall of Justice and fountain done. Need to convert the textures to dds and should be ready.

Dana - Rabbit is done probaly as best as I can get it. It looks like his front legs may cross as he walks/runs but not sure, and not sure how to fix it if he is.

Probably will post tomorrow.

Added to the list of things to do  -

Forgot Benton's turtle blimp and manta ship

Someone  asked for a squirrel a while back - possible

Looked at Dana's old list -

Crocodile - going to go back to the one BIL was working on and finish it up

Lizard - possible - there's some Gila monsters, Komodo dragon and others available

Bullfrog - possible

Pigs - so far a warthog and a potbelly, looking for one myself for Monk's Habeas Corpus

Dinosaurs - possible

Cow/bull - will have to look around, but possible, maybe on the horse kf's if they work.

Scorpion - can get the mesh, but out of luck on the kf's so far

Randomdays

Dana, thanks for the compliment on the walrus and fish, but the only thing I can take credit for is the idea of bringing in outside work and finding a way to get them in. More credit is due the meshers, skinners, kf'ers and the people here who offered help and advice.

The rabbit is online and in my yahoo group. Fixed the front leg problem. He looks good out of game but I didn't check lighting on him.

Mystic - Hall of Justice and fountain also in my group - they look okay in nifskope but have disappearing issues in character viewer. Might be the large size, material, skins or something else. Not checked in game.Also, did not check lighting on them either. Could not convert to dds as some were not a power of 2, so I made them tga

I'll do a pic of the rabbit at least when I have more to post.

dot31ph

first off, great job RD! keep up the good work!  :thumbup:

in the first few posts, i saw a mesh for a crocodile/alligator...
where can i download that?  :huh:

Cyber Burn

Welcome to the forums dot31ph, I think what you want is here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/beardedinlair/

Check the file that says "Testing Area".

dot31ph

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Randomdays on January 25, 2012, 12:46:58 PM
Dana, thanks for the compliment on the walrus and fish, but the only thing I can take credit for is the idea of bringing in outside work and finding a way to get them in. More credit is due the meshers, skinners, kf'ers and the people here who offered help and advice.

The rabbit is online and in my yahoo group. Fixed the front leg problem. He looks good out of game but I didn't check lighting on him.

Mystic - Hall of Justice and fountain also in my group - they look okay in nifskope but have disappearing issues in character viewer. Might be the large size, material, skins or something else. Not checked in game.Also, did not check lighting on them either. Could not convert to dds as some were not a power of 2, so I made them tga

I'll do a pic of the rabbit at least when I have more to post.

Thank you, RD...I'll check out the rabbit.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Randomdays on January 24, 2012, 11:30:31 AM
Mystic - Hall of Justice and fountain done. Need to convert the textures to dds and should be ready.

Dana - Rabbit is done probaly as best as I can get it. It looks like his front legs may cross as he walks/runs but not sure, and not sure how to fix it if he is.

Probably will post tomorrow.

Added to the list of things to do  -

Forgot Benton's turtle blimp and manta ship

Someone  asked for a squirrel a while back - possible

Looked at Dana's old list -

Crocodile - going to go back to the one BIL was working on and finish it up

Lizard - possible - there's some Gila monsters, Komodo dragon and others available

Bullfrog - possible

Pigs - so far a warthog and a potbelly, looking for one myself for Monk's Habeas Corpus

Dinosaurs - possible

Cow/bull - will have to look around, but possible, maybe on the horse kf's if they work.

Scorpion - can get the mesh, but out of luck on the kf's so far

For the cow/bull...I'd suggest either Valandar's Transformers bull (Tantrum), Rhino (Headstrong) or triceratops (Slag) keyframes?